WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Replies

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 614 Member
    Welcome newbies and returnees! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Heather, I understand what he was laughing about. I just made me angry for you that he would laugh at you wanting to know that you wanted to be able to take care of him. But if you can't make him understand that, then yeah, leave him on the doorstep and let him fend for himself. Let him laugh at that.
    You already have SPRING there?!? I'm so jealous! We're getting snow again today and tomorrow! I'm supposed to go out tonight with my MoMs and I'm in charge of picking up our cancer-MoM this month. We haven't seen her for several months and we all desperately want her to be able to get out and join us, so if it's not HORRIBLE, I'm going out to get her and bring her to our function!!!

I just can't believe Miles wouldn't be up for anything, Allie! That's too bad. Well, you know what they say, try, try again. Maybe it was just a bad day. He's also a busy boy. Maybe he just doesn't like to sit and listen at his age yet. Have a wonderful trip!

16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity... I'll try that later today.
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited March 2023
    Carla- because we are coastal, we are gardening area 9. We did have a few frosts this year, but it was rather exceptional. No snow. Half hardy plants can get through the winter usually and spring starts in February. We are in full flow now.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Carla- because we are coastal, we are gardening area 9. We did have a few frosts this year, but it was rather exceptional. No snow. Half hardy plants can get through the winter usually and spring starts in February. We are in full flow now.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I looked it up, and Tasmania is in the same gardening zone.

M in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    Finished pg. 49.
    March, 2023 Action for happiness.org

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate STAR WARS movies and series.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 7/15-(100%,100%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 12/31 (84%,86%,)
    Arm weights twice a week 3/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder)
    Meditation: daily. 10/31 (82%(started Feb))

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9484, 9104 (7,700,100%-9851,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 9/158/ —(100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)25/64–(100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2—(100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 10/20-(100%,88%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 8/12 (100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——3/12—(100%.100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71(100%,100%,100)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world. The blue water of Lea Lake, Snow on the mountains at a distance, walking a nature trail. All at Bottomless Lakes State Park.
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I am healthy and above ground. I can walk,talk,hear, see, taste, and smell (mostly). I appreciate that I alive and have a healthy body.
    4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. I will try…
    5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. I sent texts to my long distance friends to send them love.
    6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. Most days are like that for me. So much less stress!
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day. Sounds like a plan.
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food. Started at breakfast.
    9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others. I will need to keep this in the front of my mind all day.
    10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face. Every day!
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee. In the process of doing that right now!
    12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying. I will have to really try to get this done today.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today. I love doing this!
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do. I made a necessary task to go for a liver scan enjoyable by buying lunch for myself for a change.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly. I really need to do this today! Didn’t remember to do this.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity. I have stones to paint. Will be distributing along the trails in exchange for free peddle boat and paddle board rentals.
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.
    20. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.
    21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.
    22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.
    23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.
    24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    25. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    26. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.
    27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.
    Barbie's Happiness Commandments

Be Barbie
    Lighten up
    Do it now
    Dance more
    Choose strategy over willpower
    Cultivate an attitude of gratitude
    Come from a place of love
    Stay in the moment
    Act the way you want to feel
    Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
    Don't expect praise or recognition
    It is what it is
    Don't take things personally
    Treat yourself like a toddler
    What's fun for other people may not be fun for you, and vice versa
    You can choose what you do, but you can't choose what you like
    Be kind, no exceptions
    Ask always, how could my life be better with less?

RVRita
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    Have we lost Katla? Katla, if you're still around, we don't care what your username is. We know who you are and love and miss you.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 274 Member
    Been enjoying the posts. Lots of interesting comments regarding trusts/estates/wills, etc. Talked to DH and will be reviewing our wills with a lawyer this fall as we haven't looked at them for years. Time to update everything and make sure things are in order. Son knows where everything is kept (safety security box at bank) and that he is one of our executors along with my husband's brother. Going to change it to our son only as he is older now. Lives in a different province but am confident he will be able to handle everything himself.

Enjoying that it is getting warmer (+13C this morning). Went out for a nice long walk with my dog and he certainly enjoyed it (border collie/lab cross). Went through the gardening seed catalogues and put in my order for this year's planting. Cutting back on my garden again this year as finding it too difficult to maintain but certainly enjoy the fresh veggies. Trying a small patch of corn which I haven't grown in the last couple of years as a bear had been coming in and harvesting it before I could get to it. Haven't seen signs of a bear last year so hoping it has moved out of our area.

Where is Katia? Was following the saga about her username. Hopefully she checks in.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Joy
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2023
    Heather. Why won’t Johnny cooperate? He doesn’t have to talk about croaking to provide you with passwords. A death mask might also be handy for facial recognition.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 59min 2sec, 85ahr, 106mhr, 3.01ap, 74elev, 6.04mi= 580c
    Strava app = 740c
    Walk to store- *stopped short, ran into my brother *, 1hr12min 16sec, 23elev, 3.44ap, 93ahr, 115mhr, 4.16mi= 417c
    Strava app= 510c

Total miles 10.2 mi

Total cal 997
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    Vicki thanks. Lesson learned! We will either be more boisterous about the agenda or never invite anyone but our kids that we never have issues with. It’s too bad that your coworkers are going through a tough time with jobs being cut. That’s stressful to for everyone.

Katla we hope you are doing well and can get back with us 💕