MY 100 POUND JOURNEY

Options
7freshflowers
7freshflowers Posts: 97 Member
edited January 1 in Challenges
bmq1c56lxptm.jpeg
JOIN ME TO LOSE 100 OR MORE IN 2024.

This challenge is for those who need to lose 100+

My name is Lisa. I weigh more than 300 LBS. My goal weight is 200 LBS. At 5' 5" tall, I'll still be heavy, but I'm fine with that. I have no desire to be thin. I'm healthier with some meat on my bones (and fat smoothes out the wrinkles).

How about you? Are you up for the challenge? If so, tell us about yourself. What are your goals? State your name, starting weight, and describe your personal weight loss method.

Post your monthly weight loss progress. Share weight loss tips, recipes, etc. and get encouraged.

I'm fired up. Let's do this! 🔥

Replies

• gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi 7freshflowers / Lisa,

Happy New Year!
    Thanks for continuing this group into 2024.

My name is Monika.
    SW 258.4 lbs July 2023
    CW 236.4 lbs (235.6 before I traveled with my scales and wiped them clean :)
    GW 180 lbs
    Ultimate GW 150 lbs
  • 7freshflowers
    edited January 2
    Options
    Hi Lisa. I am Amanda from Florida. I have a goal of getting rid of 100 more pounds by Christmas of this year. I will provide more info later.
    Hello Amanda. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Thank you for joining us.

• 7freshflowers
    edited January 2
    Options
    Hi 7freshflowers/Lisa, Thanks for continuing this group into 2024. My name is Monika. CW 236.4 lbs
    Hello Monika. Welcome back. Happy you’re still here on the journey with us. This will be a good year.

• 7freshflowers
    Options
    Highest weight 497. Current weight 265.6. My plans to get to goal weight:
    1. Follow a high protein, lower carb food plan.
    2. Do sit down exercise. (I am physically disabled)
    3. Log my food daily.
    4. Weigh in and record results on Sunday.
    Congratulations on your amazing weight loss. Thank you for joining MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. You are an inspiration.

Thanks for stating your weight loss method. It’s very interesting to know how you did it. Also, you mentioned that you do “sit-down” exercises. I’m going to try that myself.
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    Hi All. My name is Milissa and I'm from Massachusetts 61. Current weight 297.
    5'5 but feels like I'm shrinking daily :) I committed to drinking more water.
    Hello Milissa. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. I’m also shrinking (in length, not width), and committed to drinking more water. 💧 I’m certain it will make weight loss easier/faster, but drinking more water is much easier said than done. ☕️

• 7freshflowers
    Options
    bbrandi82 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, I'm Brandi from Oregon. I'm 41 and ready to focus on my physical health. I would love to join this group. Current Weight 260. Height 5'6. I have a commitment of exercising 3 times a week for 30 minutes.
    Hello Brandi. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. You’re starting the journey out strong, with exercise. Good plan. 👏
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    mjstewies wrote: »
    Would love to join the group. SW 256. I'm 5'5" and will be 66 this month. Goals are 1200 cal/day, and 3/times in the pool each week.
    Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. What is your name? Sounds like you’re off to a good start. ⭐️

• deejoan
    deejoan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members. I am Dee from Wisconsin. This weight loss thing is tough, but it does help when you read posts from others who struggle with the same weight loss issue. My heaviest was 310, I now weigh 230. I am 66 years old. I has taken me almost 25 years to lose, and keep the weight off, it is a very slow struggle, but I will continue to work on it. It is now another new beginning in January 2024.
  • mjstewies
    mjstewies Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Would love to join the group. SW 256. I'm 5'5" and will be 66 this month. Goals are 1200 cal/day, and 3/times in the pool each week.
    Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. What is your name? Sounds like you’re off to a good start. ⭐️

My name is Missy. :smile:
  • 7freshflowers
    edited January 4
    Options
    deejoan wrote: »
    Welcome to all the new members. I am Dee from Wisconsin. My heaviest was 310, I now weigh 230. I am 66 years old. I has taken me almost 25 years to lose. It is now another new beginning in January 2024.
    Hello Dee. Happy to have you back. Thanks for sticking around. I don't care how long it took. 230 from 310 is impressive. If (I mean when) you lose another 80, you'll be the queen of the world. 👑

If (I mean when) I lose 100 lbs (this year), I'll notify my local news media to do a story on me. I want everyone to know. 😎

• 7freshflowers
    edited January 4
    Options
    SW 256. I'm 5'5" and will be 66 this month. Goals are 1200 cal/day logged and 3/times in the pool each week. A little walking wouldn't hurt but it's winter here, and I hate winter.
    Hello Missy. I don’t like the cold either. It makes my bones ache. I love the summertime and don’t mind the heat. 👒 🩱 🕶️

I’m doing 1500 calories a day now. 😀 🥕 🥑

• jumpermuffin
    jumpermuffin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Joining again! I lost 25 lbs in total last year and although I'd be thrilled with a 100 lb weight loss, I'll consider it a success to lose 60 lbs by Dec 31.

Stats: F/40/5'6"
    SW 275 (Jan 2023)
    CW 249
    2024 GW 190
    Ultimate GW 145

I mostly focus on fitness and not food. I normally walk at a fast pace around my neighborhood for 60-90 minutes a day, 7 days a week. However, winter has finally settled in and it likely wont be above freezing until April, so I'm trying to make the switch to treadmill (ughhhh) and weights (yay!) for the winter.
  • lessfluff
    lessfluff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies hoping to join if that's ok.
    I am down 59lbs as of this morning. I should lose another 100lbs but I would be happy with 50lbs.

SW 311
    CW 252

Focusing on controlling my binge eatering disorder and choosing healthier food options.
    Goal is to complete a 30 day challenge every month and do 3 workouts a week that are 30 minutes. Also trying to drink 120oz of water per day.

I have a wide range for calories. No less than 1200 no more than 1700. It makes me feel less restricted
  • deejoan
    deejoan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    deejoan wrote: »
    Welcome to all the new members. I am Dee from Wisconsin. My heaviest was 310, I now weigh 230. I am 66 years old. I has taken me almost 25 years to lose. It is now another new beginning in January 2024.
    Hello Dee. Happy to have you back. Thanks for sticking around. I don't care how long it took. 230 from 310 is impressive. If (I mean when) you lose another 80, you'll be the queen of the world. 👑

If (I mean when) I lose 100 lbs (this year), I'll notify my local news media to do a story on me. I want everyone to know. 😎

Ha, love it, you better call the news media!
  • bbrandi82
    bbrandi82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Tonight is date night. Any tips on how to choose healthier options at a Chinese restaurant? I would like to keep it lower carb and high protein, but there's so much sauce on food items.
    I have kept to my commitment of 30 minutes of exercise 3 days this week and it feels great to keep promises to myself. I know this will be lifelong because I'm willing to be honest with myself.