Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JULY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    Welcome to the thread. It is motivating knowing a bunch of good folks are here going through the same journey.
    b4fvjsjvd9 wrote: »
    I need to start again.

By posting here it seems like you have started. Come back tomorrow and write up what your first run was like. I'm looking forward to hearing about it
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,825 Member

01.07 3.0km 25min 8:20/km - 10x very short interval
    04.07 5.7km 50min 8:49/km - run/walk
    05.07 3.6km 30min 8:21/km - slow
    07.07 4.1km 35min 8:29/km - slow
    08.07 3.0km 26min 8:32/km - stride repeats
    11.07 5.2km 45min 8:43/km - slow
    13.07 7.1km 61min 8:36/km - run with walks
    14.07 3.0km 25min 8:13/km - warmup, 5x 1min intervals

total 34.70km

Tried some short intervals that were a bit faster than my usual slow jog. Managed 5.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    Beach 4.03 Mile (at 13"24 pace). 75 day streak.

My Sunday "Morning" run commenced at 11:00 a.m. I was talking to a morning runner friend who said he can be running five to ten minutes after waking up. I am incredulous and resistant. I'll keep trying.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    @steviebee888 Great running. It is hard to fit everything in some times.

@Teresa502 Great running. Which trail did you run?

Nice running @ContraryMaryMary . Sorry the ginger ninja was that far ahead. He must have been doing speed work to make sure you didn't beat him again. Sounds like a healthy competition.

@VO2Maxlet Wow. Those are long sessions at the arcade. Glad you enjoy it so much.

I'm glad your house now has power @martaindale and glad that the in-laws (and their dog) had AC for the night. Glad that you made the trip safely and are already running and enjoying the sites.

Nice running @chris_in_cal . I agree with you about the early morning running. I have a really hard time running before I eat anything in the morning, esp. if I am going to do a longer or harder workout. So, it takes me about an hour to get out the door, which means getting up even earlier if I have to be somewhere later. I guess that's why I don't do it often.

Very speedy @tarun_yadavA . Seems I recall the last time your youngest tried to stay up late, he crashed. Enjoy the time with the boys.

Welcome @b4fvjsjvd9 . Get out the door and let us know how it goes.

Great interval run @yirara .

@kgirlhart Your great niece and mine are so close to the same age. Mine will be 5 on 1 Aug. That's a great age. Very nice running in the heat.

Very nice biking and running @Teresa502 ! That looks like a really nice trail.

• AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,974 Member
    @VO2Maxlet wrote: »
    On top of today, I also got blisters on my foot. I know my moleskin setup today was bad, since I couldn't cover the entire ball of my foot, but does anyone use special running socks to help remedy these things?

I use Balega hidden comfort and hidden contour. I know they also have blister resist socks.

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,291 Member
    Morning all.
    Got in 7.56M at 09"23.

Mopey about yesterday's loss.
    @quilteryoyo haha! Game kicked off at 8pm - so he was okay (and finished by 10). It was the boxing title fight that was a midnight start where he KO-ed (pun intended) before it even started.

@martaindale lovely pics!
    @Laurz9191 nice run! Hope you have fun with your folks in town!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,812 Member
    No running today but I did meet 4 friends at 5:00 am and we rucked for 4.26 miles.

@quilteryoyo - I ran on the Mendota Trail on Saturday, rode on the Guest River Gorge trail on Sunday and ran on the Sugar Hill Loop and Riverside trails at Clinch River State Park after the bike ride.

Love the photos @martaindale! Keep 'em coming!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,313 Member
    Nice treadmill run @steviebee888 .

@martaindale Looks like a great day! Love the family picture.

I hope the run helped improve your mood @tarun_yadavA . I'm glad the game was over early so that no one slept through it. :wink:

Great exercise @Teresa502 . I love that you have so many trails nearby. I wish I had some that were closer to me.

Glad you enjoyed the show @Scott6255 . I will admit I liked going to Vegas when I lived in California. (Yes, I know that Vegas is not in CA. LOL But I was close enough to drive over a few times.) I liked the food, shows, and enjoyed playing blackjack. At least with that I felt like I had a little bit of control of my fate, as opposed to the slots.