October Shredders!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• summergreen487
    summergreen487 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Dear Ms. Jillian

"A couple more" means two. It doesn't mean four or six or eight.

Thank you, Summer

Day three done!
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    OMG, thank you. I didn't even think about the handicapped bathroom. I called out sick today, but tomorrow that's the one I"m using for sure. LOL
    Wow....so because i'm SOOO sore...i have to use the damn handicap bathroom stall to slowly sit down and lift myself up LMAO.... i hope day 3 is a little better...dont get me wrong No pain no gain....so i'm on the road to success..but DAMN!
  • modernsoul
    Options
    I'm going to hurt you. LOL. J/K, bring it.
    Ya'll up for a self-esteem related mini challenge???
  • modernsoul
    Options
    Finished day three a little while ago. It's getting easier and now that I've muted Jillian it seems like the half hour only takes 20 minutes. LOL. Do you know what really bugs me though, the fact that I have to wait forever for the dvd to get to the actual workout. Why can't I just fast forward or push the menu key to get right to it. So frustrating.
  • starmist
    starmist Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    you guys are The Bomb! :) i'm gonna start on my Day3 Level 1 tonight after work! my arms are aching from the push-ups (i went straight into following Anita) omg.
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Jillian: "Y'all feelin it? Yeah I'm feelin it"

How the hell are you feeling it Jillian? you do the first three of every set, then you walk round and poke Anita's abs for a while, talk about working little muscles in with the large muscles and then join in for the last three of the set, so no Jillian, you're not feeling it.

Hmph :grumble:
  • slainnz
    slainnz Posts: 75
    Options
    Dear Ms. Jillian

Thank you, Summer

Day three done!

LMAO, she gets me every time with that one, i actually started to doubt that i could count!!!!!!!
  • gorgeousgunner
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 done. Sore arms!
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Dear Ms. Jillian

Thank you, Summer

Day three done!

YES thank you - that drives me nuts! I'm all like 'woohoo only two more' and she just keeps going. Keep having to remind myself she doesn't understand the meaning of a couple. Also totally agree with above poster re Jillian saying she's feeling it - she is so not, she does barely anything - wuss!
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say

pplflowergm.gif

Will check back in later!
  • enigma2546
    Options
    so by the look of things, i dont think ill pull through with this october shredding, may have to wait till next month. We are in the process of living out of suitcases, and renovating our new home !! :(
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shredders!!! You guys are awesome:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: So Jillian update:

1. She talks way too much! Still have not muted her, but im sure by day 10 she will get the mute button!
    2. I caught Natalie cheating during the bicep curl lunges; she stops lunging for 2 seconds when Jillian was working with Anita; i smiled knowing she wasnte perfect after all:happy: :happy:
    3. Soreness has dwindled some
    4. Pushups and side lunges are still the hardest for me to do
    5. Mornings are definitely the best time to do the video

I did day 3 last night and day 4 this morning....i am so happy to have you guys as a support system! Cheers to Day 4!:drinker: :drinker:
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of all of you and feel incredibly blessed to get to know you during this journey.

I did 15 minutes of day 3 last night and the whole thing this morning. Holy thigh pain Batman! The rest of me is okay, it is just my thighs.

I have started listening to my ishuffle during the work out. Eff Jillian telling me to push it out. lol
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    D3L1 completed!! After a 2 day break I'd forgotten how tough it is! I'm still finding the boxing really tough! I think I sit really deep into it! Need to get some weights! My trusty chicpea cans are getting shaken quite a bit!! And I may (MAY) try a 'real' push up tomorrow!! But I do it will only be 1 or 2!!!

Keep up all the hard work everyone! Will report back again hopefully tomorrow

Xx
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    D3L1 completed!! After a 2 day break I'd forgotten how tough it is! I'm still finding the boxing really tough! I think I sit really deep into it! Need to get some weights! My trusty chicpea cans are getting shaken quite a bit!! And I may (MAY) try a 'real' push up tomorrow!! But I do it will only be 1 or 2!!!

Xx

Haha poor chickpeas! I managed about 2 'real' pushups before going back to the knee ones! They're so tough. I don't mind the boxing at all funny, but maybe I'm not getting down low enough. Still hate the starjump/jump rope section most as it kills the backs of my legs and my ankles. Maybe I shouldn't be doing it barefoot!
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Good morning Shredders!!! You guys are awesome:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: So Jillian update:

1. She talks way too much! Still have not muted her, but im sure by day 10 she will get the mute button!
    2. I caught Natalie cheating during the bicep curl lunges; she stops lunging for 2 seconds when Jillian was working with Anita; i smiled knowing she wasnte perfect after all:happy: :happy:

I did day 3 last night and day 4 this morning....i am so happy to have you guys as a support system! Cheers to Day 4!:drinker: :drinker:

Natalie cheats quite a lot I find! Also on the boxing she barely gets down at all!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

hahaha I love #2 -- she totally does!!!!!!!!!! cheater! :)

Agreed, -- I hate pushups.

Let's go team! Day 4 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Natalie cheats quite a lot I find! Also on the boxing she barely gets down at all!

too funny! i didnt notice that!
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options

Xx

Chickpeas lol, you'll have houmous by the end of this!!

It's interesting reading what everyone has trouble with and it's funny how we all struggle with different things, I can barely do push ups (even the modified ones!) I hate jumping jacks, and I have to skip from one foot to the other when it comes to the skipping section, I'm basically rubbish at all cardio! But I'm fine with the boxing section, lunges and most strength, except I find the squat and push or whatever its called at the beginning quite challenging (painful!!).

My only concern is that when I do the abs sections I'm finding it quite easy, which must mean I'm doing it wrong. I can't feel anything happening in my abs during or after the workout at all. Oh I should point out that I don't find the bicycle crunches easy, by that point I don't know what's going on anyway, I'm just resembling a tortoise stuck on it's back on the floor.

Well day 4 done, 26 to go! I had a sneaky peek at level 2 today and that looks sooooo hard!! I saw Natalie cheating too!!
  • ML1020
    ML1020 Posts: 39
    Options
    I feel the same way. I work really hard at the abs but so far my abs haven't been sore at all. I'm actually hoping the abs in lvl 2/3 gets harder. My stomach is where I need the most help.