Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• muzikanka
    muzikanka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I often skip logging food when I just don't know how to describe the meal I've had. Or if I've gone off the wagon and had something terrible. So I can forget it happened later in the week.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I swear, if I see another freaking thread about that stupid fed up "documentary", I'm going to lose it! :rage:
    Note: One just started in Food and Nutrition.

Confession: I kind of love food documentaries.

That said, I do not take it all at face value, and usually see (literally) both sides to an "argument" if possible. Example: I think both Super Size Me and Fat Head are great ways to show that all sorts of things need to be considered when it comes to eating.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    KayleeILow wrote: »
    I have been asked multiple times if I'm pregnant. I respond, "No, I'm just fat."

I laugh to play down the comment, but really, it hurts my feelings. I'm trying to lose midsection weight, but it's really hard to do once it's there.
    Sorry you've experienced that. People are so rude. I've told my kids, unless someone actually tells you they're pregnant, or is obviously in labour, DO NOT ASK!
    I nearly broke my own rule with my hairdresser and was so glad I didn't because it turned out she had terrible ovarian cysts and endometriosis which caused bad swelling.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @crosbylee I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

@pofoster21 What a heartbreaking story as well. So sorry

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

Edited: Because I didn't want to forget anyone

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I want actual chickens, both for the convenience of eggs and because I just think it would be hilarious, but we live in suburban Philadelphia and APPARENTLY that's not acceptable in our township code. Sometimes I think the hubby-to-be is a bit too happy about my lack of chickens.

We do have resident foxes though, so odds are it wouldn't work out anyway. >:)
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats. My sister sent me this this morning:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfxUt9UM0nc
    Too cute. I raised a lamb in high school and was near goats a lot and fell in love with them there!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I want actual chickens, both for the convenience of eggs and because I just think it would be hilarious, but we live in suburban Philadelphia and APPARENTLY that's not acceptable in our township code. Sometimes I think the hubby-to-be is a bit too happy about my lack of chickens.

We do have resident foxes though, so odds are it wouldn't work out anyway. >:)
    ME TOO! I'm desperate for some. Also I want a beehive. The latter is allowed where we are, but we don't have a very big yard and I don't think our neighbours would like it much. I also want goats. My sister sent me this this morning:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfxUt9UM0nc

Too freaking adorable!!! Once things settle down in the inherited land department, I'll post some baby cow pics!!
    Yes, calves (calfs? No, surely not) are lovely too. My husband grew up on a dairy farm so there are lots of pictures of him with the little ones - very cute, although they're pretty dumb aren't they? One of the things I like about goats is that they're clever and playful. I read something that said a goat is like a three year-old child dressed in a goat suit!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I never thought about samples! I love you. Is that weird?!

Not weird at all! I kinda needed some extra love today anyway!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Accents: in my opinion, small-town Canadians (from anywhere) have a very different accent to city-dwellers and it's very noticeable. I've lived my whole life in urban Alberta and my accent is apparently geographically untraceable (depending on who I'm talking to, I've heard everything from "California" to "oh, were your parents Scandinavian?" to "did you grow up in England?" in my life) but I think there is a very distinct accent for rural Canadians (and, obviously, for French-Canadians and a couple variations for East Coasters too.)

It's not quite the same was what people think of as a "Canadian accent" (which usually sounds more like Minnesota to me when I hear it played for laughs on TV) but it's definitely a thing.

If you want to know what a rural Canadian accent sounds like...

http://youtu.be/F-glHAzXi_M[/embed]

I call that one the "Trailer Park Boys accent". Thanks for sharing. :)

Rural Manitoba is a little more "nasally" sounding to me.

And I've never said "aboot" for about in my life.

I always thought it sounded more like "aboat" anyway. ;)

Being with my Canadian best friend rubbed off on me a lot, she didn't say aboot, but I still -almost 20 years later - catch myself saying "sorey' instead of "sorry".

Lol, you Americans don't say "sorry", you say "saawh-ry"...it's the easiest way I know to identify an American accent quickly ;) Also "lobby" sounds like "laawh-by" to me when Americans say it - it's those "o"s that are the giveaway because they're a lot flatter, closer to an "a" and further away from the almost-long-"o" sound that Canadians usually use for those words. In Vegas last weekend the elevator voice in our hotel made me giggle every time because of the way it pronounced "law-by floor".

Sorry for the essay on this one, but I find this stuff really interesting, obviously. I'm a singer and I love dissecting phonetics and vowel pronunciations in different languages and accents - I totally get excited over weird dipthongs and stuff, haha.

I'm going to admit that I really don't get Friends. I watched it when it was first airing and it was mildly amusing, but whenever I see reruns now I'm not at all compelled to keep watching. They really don't seem to have aged that well for me and I just don't find them that funny. Seinfeld, even though it's older, is still more funny to me despite its age.

I have terrible taste in TV though...I don't really watch many scripted shows at all anymore. I've tried to get into all the big critically-acclaimed dramas like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, True Detective, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, but I always end up losing interest and shutting them off. I think it's because I don't like TV to make me feel terrible, and all those shows are pretty much sad ALL THE TIME. I can handle sad movies and books but not season after season of pain and misery. So I watch, like...shows about puppies on Animal Planet, and the Food Network, and all those terrible bride shows on TLC while I'm cooking dinner or as background when I'm reading a book, and that's sufficiently entertaining, but I almost never just sit down and watch TV without doing something else at the same time.

Me neither. It always seems a bit laboured to me. Sorry to all those who love it.
    I like comedy that's fast moving and mean. I love stuff like Veep where they're all horrible - probably why I prefer Seinfeld, although the laughter track makes it almost unwatchable. Also, UK Office > US Office.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I play Township. I can't believe this but I've actually been playing for about a year... Damn addicting mobile games.

Totally want to check Hay Day now.. just reluctant to start games because most of them require you to spend money to advance, and I'm not doing that (you don't have to with Township)... Plus in Farmville crops were dying if you were taking too long to go back to them and I really don't want to deal with that either, lol.

Confession - I overate on purpose at lunch (volume wise), hoping it will keep hunger at bay this afternoon. Just can't deal with hormonal hunger again.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o

For Curiosity's sake I must know when are the prayers times?

They follow the sun. For clarity, I'll give you their names first: Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. :)

In the winter, I can expect Fajr to be around 5:30 AM. Currently, it's at 3:15 AM. Fajr is the prayer that's called when the first thread of light rises over the horizon and the sky begins to lighten, and the prayer time ends as soon as the sun begins to rise.

Dhuhr is the noon prayer, which is prayed right after the sun has reached its zenith, or its highest peak in the sky. The time for Dhuhr ends when the time for Asr begins. Dhuhr is around 11:30 AM right now.

Asr time begins when the sun is at a certain position in the sky (not too sure how to explain it), and can basically be measured by the time of day when the length of the shadow of a given object is equal to the length of the object itself. Asr time ends when the sun begins to turn orange-ish, but before it starts to set. At the moment, Asr prayers begin around 3:10 PM.

Maghrib time begins as soon as the sun has set completely, but the afterglow is still visible. Maghrib time ends when the afterglow is completely gone, which is when the Isha prayer begins. Maghrib currently falls at 6:30 PM in Saudi Arabia.

Isha prayer lasts until the midway point between dusk and dawn, so currently at 10:45 PM. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    KayleeILow wrote: »
    I have been asked multiple times if I'm pregnant. I respond, "No, I'm just fat."

I laugh to play down the comment, but really, it hurts my feelings. I'm trying to lose midsection weight, but it's really hard to do once it's there.
    Sorry you've experienced that. People are so rude. I've told my kids, unless someone actually tells you they're pregnant, or is obviously in labour, DO NOT ASK!
    I nearly broke my own rule with my hairdresser and was so glad I didn't because it turned out she had terrible ovarian cysts and endometriosis which caused bad swelling.

Two people that I have worked with in the past(at two separate jobs) were asked when they were due when, in fact, neither of them were even pregnant. One of them, while it obviously upset her, actually handled it ok. The other got so upset by it, she actually went on a crazy dieting spree and lost a lot of weight..but in a very unhealthy way.
    I swore after seeing her go through that, that I would never ever ask anyone when they are due (or similar pregnancy-related questions) unless they have stated that they are, in fact, having a baby.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    My rodent is looking rather poor today....he is so skinny and was making a funny noise today when I was holding him. He spends all day in a puff ball in his cage with his head down, this is also what the other one did in the days before he died....I do not think it is gonna be much longer now....I am heartbroken.

Poor Little Rodent Boy. Since it seems all hope is lost, I hope he goes peacefully and painlessly.

I'm sorry about your dad, those sound like particularly horrifying memories. If you were only 15 he must have been a fairly young man at the time.

pofoster21 wrote: »
    I confess I have never heard of DeGrassi. But I pretty much haven't watched tv since 1990. Never saw Friends, Seinfeld, etc. I do watch NCIS and Law and Order and used to watch House when I go to my Moms. I never wanted to spend the money when I first was on my own then just preferred to read if I had the free time.

I haven't been much of a TV watcher since I left my parents' home at 17, I too prefer to read. But in my childhood it was safer to escape to my bedroom (I had an old B&W TV with no cable) -- stay under the radar and drown out the drunken arguing.

Most of the shows that I've seen as an adult have been with friends or former partners... or occasional mindless stuff in a hotel room when travelling alone. So I've never seen Friends, Seinfeld (other than one episode at a friend's house, didn't think much of the show really), Sex and the City, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, Game of Thrones... any of the popular stuff.

If I watch anything, my taste runs to British comedy. I just don't find a lot of American "comedy" funny, although I did like Big Bang Theory.

But you've seen The Office though, right?!

Good guess! I'm impressed, I have indeed seen it (the BRIT version) and even have the DVD box set. :p
  • Leomommy76
    Leomommy76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new to this site. I am trying to lose 15 pounds. I have never been a healthy eater but I am proud to say that for the past 2 weeks I've really stuck to my guns. I only cheated once with half a Cinnabon with my daughter *She's 14 and is a XC runner so she can obviously afford it! I've stuck to only water (vs my reg Coke daily) and I've baked all my dishes instead of frying. I've switched to vegetables (steamed, roasted and sometimes sauteed) and have really been conscience of what I eat. I haven't seen the results I would like to see :( I've also included exercise such as Zumba and fast pace walking. And I also take the stairs every chance I get.. (I work on the 11th floor and I come up the stairs at least 3 times daily). .... Can anyone suggest anything else I can do :( I get on the scale and feel so disappointed. Since I started, I've only lost 2 pounds. Any help please? thank you all!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I play Township. I can't believe this but I've actually been playing for about a year... Damn addicting mobile games.

Totally want to check Hay Day now.. just reluctant to start games because most of them require you to spend money to advance, and I'm not doing that (you don't have to with Township)... Plus in Farmville crops were dying if you were taking too long to go back to them and I really don't want to deal with that either, lol.

Confession - I overate on purpose at lunch (volume wise), hoping it will keep hunger at bay this afternoon. Just can't deal with hormonal hunger again.

I've never spent a penny on Hay Day, and the crops never die! Go check it out, it's awesome! The thing I like best about it is that you don't HAVE to keep coming back every x amount of hours or something bad will happen--There's no worry about losing crops or money if you have time constraints or a busy schedule.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    My confessions are:
    1) Flapjacks are my downfall - I can easily scoff down a whole tub (22 pieces) of 'bitesize' flapjacks in one sitting while telling myself that all those oats are good for me. Sometimes they are my entire dinner.
    2) I will happily sit down to watch 'Superfat vs Superskinny' on TV after failing to go to the gym and with a box of chocolates and fully aware of the irony.

i always thought flapjacks were pancakes.
    then i got a lil packet of flapjacks in a graze snack box. hooked. instantly.
  • Vio687
    Vio687 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need to get off my backside and do something. I have been logging and have been good until the afternoon hours. What is going on with me? I have never had this problem before and have no idea how to handle this. I am trying to crack down and stop eating garbage after dark but I lack motivation. I live in a house where everyone is VERY overweight and I have a lot of weight to lose myself. I think I just cave into their eating habits. I need to stop following their example and start leading the pack. I also need to start moving, any ideas? It would be great if I had someone that would do stuff with me. Anyone in the mountains of Georgia and need a bowling partner, or a tennis partner,or a hiking buddy?
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Confession: I'm pretty proud of myself today. My meal prepping and food intake have been all over the place in the last couple of months, and not having prepped meals has only made it worse. Depression and stress kept me from caring enough to do meal prep, and even when I defrosted meats and such to cook them, I didn't and ended up losing a lot of good food when it went bad. :-/

Which brings me to today. I baked and separated 1.5 kilos of chicken breast into 100 gram baggies and froze them, and baked two sets of vegetarian chickpea burger patties (6 per set) and froze those as well. Meal prep is happening again, and I'm happy about it! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    My confessions are:
    1) Flapjacks are my downfall - I can easily scoff down a whole tub (22 pieces) of 'bitesize' flapjacks in one sitting while telling myself that all those oats are good for me. Sometimes they are my entire dinner.
    2) I will happily sit down to watch 'Superfat vs Superskinny' on TV after failing to go to the gym and with a box of chocolates and fully aware of the irony.

i always thought flapjacks were pancakes.
    then i got a lil packet of flapjacks in a graze snack box. hooked. instantly.

The Graze flapjacks are so good. I ordered the flapjack box a couple months ago and they didn't last long... and they're the reason I only get one box a month now. Watch out though, they're typically heavier than what they should be, I had one that was 80 more calories than it was supposed to be!

ETA: Apparently Hay Day isn't on kindle fire. Probably a good thing.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o

For Curiosity's sake I must know when are the prayers times?

They follow the sun. For clarity, I'll give you their names first: Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. :)

In the winter, I can expect Fajr to be around 5:30 AM. Currently, it's at 3:15 AM. Fajr is the prayer that's called when the first thread of light rises over the horizon and the sky begins to lighten, and the prayer time ends as soon as the sun begins to rise.

Dhuhr is the noon prayer, which is prayed right after the sun has reached its zenith, or its highest peak in the sky. The time for Dhuhr ends when the time for Asr begins. Dhuhr is around 11:30 AM right now.

Asr time begins when the sun is at a certain position in the sky (not too sure how to explain it), and can basically be measured by the time of day when the length of the shadow of a given object is equal to the length of the object itself. Asr time ends when the sun begins to turn orange-ish, but before it starts to set. At the moment, Asr prayers begin around 3:10 PM.

Maghrib time begins as soon as the sun has set completely, but the afterglow is still visible. Maghrib time ends when the afterglow is completely gone, which is when the Isha prayer begins. Maghrib currently falls at 6:30 PM in Saudi Arabia.

Isha prayer lasts until the midway point between dusk and dawn, so currently at 10:45 PM. :)

Thank you for explaining! I've always wondered but never knew how to properly bring it up without being offensive, errr if I offended you. SORRY! :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 I thought I woke up early at 5! What time do you get up?

And by the way I HIGHLY recommend Friends (TV show) it's on Netflix now and I've watched the whole series twice! It's just so funny and it always puts me in a good mood if I'm feeling blue :(

I watch that when I am on the stationary bike & need something to watch:D. My favorite character has to be Chandler for the guys & Phoebe for the girls.

I think you mean Miss. Chanandler Bong and Regina Felangie. Later known as Princess Consuela Bananahammock. I'm rewatching every episode on Netflix with my daughter. Who I may or may not have named after a character on the show. :blush:

Can't forget Regina Felangie ends up marrying Mr. Crap Bag hahaha :)

I was going to add that, but then decided not to. I should have added that!

All I've been thinking about is going home and watching Friends after the gym tonight- that show just makes me laugh and laugh!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Accents: in my opinion, small-town Canadians (from anywhere) have a very different accent to city-dwellers and it's very noticeable. I've lived my whole life in urban Alberta and my accent is apparently geographically untraceable (depending on who I'm talking to, I've heard everything from "California" to "oh, were your parents Scandinavian?" to "did you grow up in England?" in my life) but I think there is a very distinct accent for rural Canadians (and, obviously, for French-Canadians and a couple variations for East Coasters too.)

It's not quite the same was what people think of as a "Canadian accent" (which usually sounds more like Minnesota to me when I hear it played for laughs on TV) but it's definitely a thing.

If you want to know what a rural Canadian accent sounds like...

http://youtu.be/F-glHAzXi_M[/embed]

I call that one the "Trailer Park Boys accent". Thanks for sharing. :)

Rural Manitoba is a little more "nasally" sounding to me.

And I've never said "aboot" for about in my life.

I always thought it sounded more like "aboat" anyway. ;)

Being with my Canadian best friend rubbed off on me a lot, she didn't say aboot, but I still -almost 20 years later - catch myself saying "sorey' instead of "sorry".

Lol, you Americans don't say "sorry", you say "saawh-ry"...it's the easiest way I know to identify an American accent quickly ;) Also "lobby" sounds like "laawh-by" to me when Americans say it - it's those "o"s that are the giveaway because they're a lot flatter, closer to an "a" and further away from the almost-long-"o" sound that Canadians usually use for those words. In Vegas last weekend the elevator voice in our hotel made me giggle every time because of the way it pronounced "law-by floor".

Sorry for the essay on this one, but I find this stuff really interesting, obviously. I'm a singer and I love dissecting phonetics and vowel pronunciations in different languages and accents - I totally get excited over weird dipthongs and stuff, haha.

I'm going to admit that I really don't get Friends. I watched it when it was first airing and it was mildly amusing, but whenever I see reruns now I'm not at all compelled to keep watching. They really don't seem to have aged that well for me and I just don't find them that funny. Seinfeld, even though it's older, is still more funny to me despite its age.

I have terrible taste in TV though...I don't really watch many scripted shows at all anymore. I've tried to get into all the big critically-acclaimed dramas like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, True Detective, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, but I always end up losing interest and shutting them off. I think it's because I don't like TV to make me feel terrible, and all those shows are pretty much sad ALL THE TIME. I can handle sad movies and books but not season after season of pain and misery. So I watch, like...shows about puppies on Animal Planet, and the Food Network, and all those terrible bride shows on TLC while I'm cooking dinner or as background when I'm reading a book, and that's sufficiently entertaining, but I almost never just sit down and watch TV without doing something else at the same time.

Me neither. It always seems a bit laboured to me. Sorry to all those who love it.
    I like comedy that's fast moving and mean. I love stuff like Veep where they're all horrible - probably why I prefer Seinfeld, although the laughter track makes it almost unwatchable. Also, UK Office > US Office.

I agree with all this. Never liked Friends (sorry guys). Seinfeld drove me nuts with the stupid laugh track.
    And I couldn't watch the US Office after watching the original UK Office. SO MUCH better. Actually a lot of Brit shows are vastly superior to ours. But I like gritty, "real" characters in my TV shows.