Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    When my daughter was a toddler, Blues Clues was her favorite. The same show 5 days in a row. All summer long. (I was a teacher then and had summers off.)
    Confession: I will be 24 years old October 4th, and I still watch and love Blue's Clues! Only Steve, I don't want any of that Joe bs! :laugh:
    Good tastes :wink:

There was only one episode with Joe I liked/like, and only because it had Randy Travis voicing a character. (I'm a big Randy Travis fan, it's sad to see how things have gone for him lately :( )
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Original Poster who I will not identify for her sake, I'm glad I read it. I will reply with thoughts of my experience (and for those of you reading my experience is not at all the same, but something in what I'm saying may help her or someone else)

You have dealt with a lot. It does not matter what your orientation is in so far as what happened was in NO way, shape or form any fault of your own. At All. You are blameless. (HUGE HUGS). I am so sorry that you had the experiences you did.

**WARNING FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT BE TRIGGERED BY VIOLENCE - SKIP THE REST OF THIS POST PLEASE, THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS UPSET SOMEONE**

When I was 20 I met an acquaintance through a co-worker. He was a wealthy physician. He invited me to a barbecue. I was in no way attracted to him but I thought he was just being friendly and he was "known" so I said yes. I was drugged (the date rape drug) and have no recollection of what happened, but why would I be drugged if nothing happened?

The same year I was taken by two men in a situation where I thought there was a good chance I'd be killed and I was raped by one. I talked my way out of being raped by the second. I talked the first into a condom. I talked my way into being let go. I was shaken and I (kick myself for this one now) chalked it up to a hard learning experience and I moved on without reporting it and without telling anyone. Until 10 years later someone threatened by then 2 year old daughter. I took care of that situation IMMEDIATELY and have entirely put that person out of my life. I had flashbacks. I had nightmares. I sought counseling and was told I had PTSD. Counseling really helped me enormously. I reframed the incident so that I was strong and did everything I could to protect myself. I worked through the issues and I have not had issues since and that has been a number of years ago. Please seek counseling. Call the hotline number that you see for victims of ___ crimes even if you feel it does not apply to you because they can put you in touch with counselors. HUGE HUGE HUGS.

The first few counselors I saw were batty, find one you can work with. What happened does not define me nor do I think about it often. It is now just a tiny moment in time. You will get there. I believe in you and your bright future.

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for this experience. I have nothing to say. Hugs.
    Ditto. How awful.

Hugs to you, but mostly I'm heartened to read how this does not define you. You're one of the posters I look up to as being a particularly strong person, and reading this has made me have even more respect for you. I had my own nasty experience with a man and a lack of consent years ago (nowhere near as awful as what you described, but certainly illegal) and the thing I kicked myself about the most was the fact that I told no-one, even though there was a police van right outside where it happened so the opportunity was immediately there. Partly I didn't think anything could be done since I couldn't have positively IDed the guy, but mostly embarrassment, shame etc. Now I realise I had nothing to be embarrassed about. I am (and was) a confident and capable young woman, yet I didn't feel able/worthy of that policeman's time so I didn't bother him. How ridiculous. It reassures me that someone as clearly awesome at life as you can come from such a place and grow and get better. If this happened now, I know I would react differently. And I definitely wouldn't blame myself!

All this talk of sexual assault makes me wonder how many women have suffered this. I'll share my story that I have not talked about in many years. **IF YOU ARE BOTHERED BY ABUSE STORIES, STOP READING NOW! **

I was raped when I was 15, by my "boyfriend" and I was told I asked for it. I had indeed had a sexual relationship with this man (he was 22, and totally doing illegal stuff by dating me). One night I was at his house, and a bunch of his friends showed up, they were all drinking and smoking pot. I walked in the room and Steve said "hey ya'll want me to f*** her in front of ya'll? They all egged him on, and although I fought him, he forced me to the floor and ripped my clothes off and did what he wanted, it was awful, I was on my period at the time too, which made it seem much worse to me. I was crying and yelling at him to stop and all of a sudden, his younger brother came in and pulled him off me and beat the crap out of him. I was so thankful to him, yet so embarrassed and appalled at the other 4 guys in the room who sat there and did nothing while he was raping me right in front of them. Anyway, his brother took me home and went in the house with me to tell my dad what had happened, I was so impressed by him standing up against his brother to help me out. My dad was furious, but had the sense to call the sheriff and not take matters into his own hands. Anyway the Sheriff busted him for drug possession and a charge of statutory rape. I had been told by several people I asked for it and I refused to testify against him in court for this reason, I did not want anymore embarrassment. He ended up doing 3 years in prison for the drug charges and that was it. After I was married I ran into him in the grocery store where I was working one day and had a panic attack. It was a small town, and my boss asked him to leave the store after managing to get me to tell him what had happened. He was then not welcome in our store. That was OH so long ago, and I have not let it define me for sure.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Okay, it arrived. I admit I ordered the small thinking that was appropriate for women...its a tad bit tiny (only in 2nd hole) but thinking that is a good reminder to keep weight off! Losing weight in my wrists was definitely a plus. I love seeing my wrist bones. :)

cprg1zlbrnzy.jpg
    Charging now.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    @bkhamill, that is horrendous. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I'm impressed that his brother acted like he did though, and I hope that restored a little bit of faith that some people can be decent. I'm glad to hear that you were somehow able to move on from that and not let it define your life.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I need someone to talk me out of going to Dairy Queen to use my B1G1F Blizzard!! My husband won't be home until late so if I go, I will end up eating probably 1.75 of the 2 because my son won't eat much of his. And no, I can't throw it away or save until tomorrow or any of that nonsense...
    Ahhh

I know this already happened so the point may be mute, but you are beautiful and workout like a crazy woman (that's supposed to be a compliment), so I think you can spare a few calories on a Blizzard! Hope you enjoyed it!!! Your son is such a cutie!

I agree. @kelly_c_77 your step count motivates me every day to get moving!

Thank you! Always glad to help motivate! :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I put a tv in my daughter's room when she was about 2, so I wouldn't have to listen to Blues Clues, Barney, etc. The deciding factor on that decision was when she got a vhs of The Lion King and insisted on watching it over and over and over. We could all repeat almost the entire movie word for word.

I am a terrible person. :wink:
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Order the campfire s'mores.
    Drooling over the campfire s'mores!!! Burnt marshmallows are my favorite!

I was too full after the cheese sticks, crab legs, fries and hushpuppies (yep, not a vegetable in there at all) to get dessert! Have to try it another time I guess.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Happy Canada Day!
    I'm meant to be going camping with friends today, but the weather is a bit unsettled. We had a HUGE thunderstorm in the night. They have a nice new tent trailer which they will squeeze my son and I into if needed, but I'd rather not do that. I bought a new pop-up tent specially for the occasion but now I'm thinking maybe we'll go and have a nice day and evening with them, and then drive home.
    Despite having been an awesome Girl Guide leader when my daughter was younger, I hate tent camping with a passion!

So do I! My idea of roughing it is using our fifth wheel where we don't have an electricity hookup and have to bring a generator!!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    My heart hurts for all of you that have been sexually assaulted. It's appalling that anyone who was assaulted would believe it was their fault for even one minute.

• raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    I put a tv in my daughter's room when she was about 2, so I wouldn't have to listen to Blues Clues, Barney, etc. The deciding factor on that decision was when she got a vhs of The Lion King and insisted on watching it over and over and over. We could all repeat almost the entire movie word for word.

Nah, we have a tv and DVD player in Raelynn's room because she loves to have the same movie on repeat. She watches Doc McStuffins or Sofia the First in the living room since that's the only TV hooked up to cable, but that's about it now. She has to have her tv on when she's asleep, so that's usually when she watches movies. Bad mommy, I know.. ;)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    3 years today!

4mzzeclt8zq4.jpg
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Original Poster who I will not identify for her sake, I'm glad I read it. I will reply with thoughts of my experience (and for those of you reading my experience is not at all the same, but something in what I'm saying may help her or someone else)

You have dealt with a lot. It does not matter what your orientation is in so far as what happened was in NO way, shape or form any fault of your own. At All. You are blameless. (HUGE HUGS). I am so sorry that you had the experiences you did.

**WARNING FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT BE TRIGGERED BY VIOLENCE - SKIP THE REST OF THIS POST PLEASE, THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS UPSET SOMEONE**

When I was 20 I met an acquaintance through a co-worker. He was a wealthy physician. He invited me to a barbecue. I was in no way attracted to him but I thought he was just being friendly and he was "known" so I said yes. I was drugged (the date rape drug) and have no recollection of what happened, but why would I be drugged if nothing happened?

The same year I was taken by two men in a situation where I thought there was a good chance I'd be killed and I was raped by one. I talked my way out of being raped by the second. I talked the first into a condom. I talked my way into being let go. I was shaken and I (kick myself for this one now) chalked it up to a hard learning experience and I moved on without reporting it and without telling anyone. Until 10 years later someone threatened by then 2 year old daughter. I took care of that situation IMMEDIATELY and have entirely put that person out of my life. I had flashbacks. I had nightmares. I sought counseling and was told I had PTSD. Counseling really helped me enormously. I reframed the incident so that I was strong and did everything I could to protect myself. I worked through the issues and I have not had issues since and that has been a number of years ago. Please seek counseling. Call the hotline number that you see for victims of ___ crimes even if you feel it does not apply to you because they can put you in touch with counselors. HUGE HUGE HUGS.

The first few counselors I saw were batty, find one you can work with. What happened does not define me nor do I think about it often. It is now just a tiny moment in time. You will get there. I believe in you and your bright future.

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for this experience. I have nothing to say. Hugs.
    Ditto. How awful.

Hugs to you, but mostly I'm heartened to read how this does not define you. You're one of the posters I look up to as being a particularly strong person, and reading this has made me have even more respect for you. I had my own nasty experience with a man and a lack of consent years ago (nowhere near as awful as what you described, but certainly illegal) and the thing I kicked myself about the most was the fact that I told no-one, even though there was a police van right outside where it happened so the opportunity was immediately there. Partly I didn't think anything could be done since I couldn't have positively IDed the guy, but mostly embarrassment, shame etc. Now I realise I had nothing to be embarrassed about. I am (and was) a confident and capable young woman, yet I didn't feel able/worthy of that policeman's time so I didn't bother him. How ridiculous. It reassures me that someone as clearly awesome at life as you can come from such a place and grow and get better. If this happened now, I know I would react differently. And I definitely wouldn't blame myself!

All this talk of sexual assault makes me wonder how many women have suffered this. I'll share my story that I have not talked about in many years. **IF YOU ARE BOTHERED BY ABUSE STORIES, STOP READING NOW! **

I was raped when I was 15, by my "boyfriend" and I was told I asked for it. I had indeed had a sexual relationship with this man (he was 22, and totally doing illegal stuff by dating me). One night I was at his house, and a bunch of his friends showed up, they were all drinking and smoking pot. I walked in the room and Steve said "hey ya'll want me to f*** her in front of ya'll? They all egged him on, and although I fought him, he forced me to the floor and ripped my clothes off and did what he wanted, it was awful, I was on my period at the time too, which made it seem much worse to me. I was crying and yelling at him to stop and all of a sudden, his younger brother came in and pulled him off me and beat the crap out of him. I was so thankful to him, yet so embarrassed and appalled at the other 4 guys in the room who sat there and did nothing while he was raping me right in front of them. Anyway, his brother took me home and went in the house with me to tell my dad what had happened, I was so impressed by him standing up against his brother to help me out. My dad was furious, but had the sense to call the sheriff and not take matters into his own hands. Anyway the Sheriff busted him for drug possession and a charge of statutory rape. I had been told by several people I asked for it and I refused to testify against him in court for this reason, I did not want anymore embarrassment. He ended up doing 3 years in prison for the drug charges and that was it. After I was married I ran into him in the grocery store where I was working one day and had a panic attack. It was a small town, and my boss asked him to leave the store after managing to get me to tell him what had happened. He was then not welcome in our store. That was OH so long ago, and I have not let it define me for sure.

Wow, that is an absolutely horrifying thing to go through. I am so, so sorry. I'm so glad someone there was willing to help you...I can't believe that many others could seriously sit and watch. You're very brave..good for you for not letting it define you. Hug, hugs, and more hugs.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    Okay, it arrived. I admit I ordered the small thinking that was appropriate for women...its a tad bit tiny (only in 2nd hole) but thinking that is a good reminder to keep weight off! Losing weight in my wrists was definitely a plus. I love seeing my wrist bones. :)

cprg1zlbrnzy.jpg
    Charging now.

When I got my HR, I thought the small was going to be too little too. Luckily I have small wrists, but I don't think I am going to lose much there.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Yay @pofoster21 for the Fitbit delivery!
  • xmikeyw
    xmikeyw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week
    wow LOL
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Nah, we have a tv and DVD player in Raelynn's room because she loves to have the same movie on repeat. She watches Doc McStuffins or Sofia the First in the living room since that's the only TV hooked up to cable, but that's about it now. She has to have her tv on when she's asleep, so that's usually when she watches movies. Bad mommy, I know.. ;)

Not a bad mommy at all. On nights I am super tired I send my little man off to bed with his DVD player instead of reading him a bed time story.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    3 years today!

4mzzeclt8zq4.jpg

Wow!! Great job!! I am impressed with myself at just over 100!!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    3 years today!

4mzzeclt8zq4.jpg

That's super great!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    Thinking about buying a new outfit for the concert tomorrow night (eep!), but I'm clueless on what to get. I've gotta go buy chairs for MIL and FIL in a little bit, and I have to go to Greenville since that's where the nearest Academy is, so I figured I'd poke around Old Navy and maybe venture up to Plato's Closet hehe ;)
  • crosbylee
    Options

My daughter will be in the living room watchin Disney Jr/Nick Jr and have her tablet going on Netflix with another kid show. You had better not try to change the channel because she is watching both and can tell you exactly what is going on with each. She hasn't been hooked on any one movie too much, but I am a little tired of Strawberry Shortcake....