Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    .....and we seemed to have jumped ship from Frozen to Doc McStuffins in our home. Instead of "Let it Go", now it's "Time For Your Checkup", and I'm not exactly sure which one is more annoying lol!

We've never seen Frozen...but I love Doc McStuffins! We went through a stage of watching a lot of Doc but have since moved on. I keep begging to watch it again...but nope. It's Paw Patrol, Mickey, and Backyardigans right now...with an occasional Bubble Guppies or Sherriff Callie's Wild West.

We used to be all nick jr like Paw Patrol and Backyardigans, but when we turned cable back on the package we got didn't include it, only Disney jr. Now it's Doc McStuffins and Sofia the First (which I actually happen to like since it includes some of the princesses), with the occasional request to watch the Peppa Pig DVD too lol. Doc is cute, but that song just grates my nerves for some reason lol!

You would hate driving in the car with us then... we have a whole cd of Doc songs!! I actually like it..other than the fact that each song is only like 45 seconds long...so longer car rides are just the same songs playing a million times over and over....

Lol! It'll probably grow on me over time. I have the Frozen soundtrack in my car and at any given point during a car ride, Raelynn will ask for "Let it Go". (I have the Demi Lovato version on spotify just because I like it better lol!)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ((Hugs)) @Tubbs216

I haven't been running either, I think that's why I'm in such a funk. Tomorrow is July 1 and I'm in a weight loss challenge with some friends on Facebook. Tomorrow is the day I get back at it, with a clean colon I suppose...

Well I hear you lose a lot of weight with that....

LOL! My 1-day detox plan!

Our official first weigh-in for the challenge is supposed to be on 7/2, but I will be using my WI from BEFORE the colon cleanse.

Ohh if the start is 7/2 then you need to eat all the salty foods. Maximum short term weight gain!

No I am not competitive.

:lol: POF you crack me up, but that sounds like something I would do.

Oh yeah! I took my official starting weigh-in this morning. Up 4 lbs from earlier this week. Success!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Thanks, and I am in Texas, so others here, we might need to do a meetup.

I live in southeast Texas, near Houston, but I am always up for a road trip!!!

Next time I am heading to visit my family in Southeast Texas, I'll let you know!

That will be great Ceci!!

Well, dang. I'm not in South Carolina or Texas.

Anybody near Nashville, TN?

No but I really want to do the country music marathon. Interested?
    Ooh that sounds good, what happens during that one?

Country music at every mile marker. Seriously want to do it? I am in! I signed up years ago then didn't go as I didn't want to travel by myself. I have since got over that and travel by myself to races all the time. I was just thinking the other day about signing up again. I haven't raced in TN!

Yeah I'd love to! And have a little holiday at the same time ;)

Might be up @girldownsouth 's alley also

Yep, country music might make the running part better! In fact, what would definitely get me round a marathon would be if you could get Dierks Bentley to run just in front of me! That'd be great...

Okay, guys, 4/30/16 is our date! I'll have to think about which country artist I would want to run behind. I love Eric Church, but he's taken. As is Toby Keith. Not sure about Chris Young. I love Gary Allen's voice but he isn't the most handsome man in the world... Hmmm. I'll have to think on it a bit. Start training!

Can an SC girl get in on this too?? I'd gladly run across the country if Brantley Gilbert or Jake Owen were in front of me! Country has some of the hottest singers...yummmm
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju yikes. Sorry your son's bike keeps walking away. That blows.
    Thanks

I keep saying tomorrow has to be a better day, right?? LOL

At this point I am not feeling so hopeful!

I really wanna eat a pint of Haagan Dazs grief bacon right now!!!
    That is hard for a kid. Did a police report get filed? Can he/you look on craigslist or equivalent for a cheaper short-term bike?

He might find HIS bike on Craigslist.....

I actually have been checking kijiji on the advice of a friend but never thought of CL too. The thing is, we know what kind of bike it is, because we checked the receipt last night but we are having a hard time even remembering the colour because he only had it for a few days.....so stupid....

Ok folks, I must leave for work.....I DID fall victim to grief bacon again last night because the last week and esp the last three days have been so overwhelming, but I am determined to get on track starting right now.....

I have lots to talk about tonight, so when I get home from work, look out for some binge posting from me.

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians!

I hope I can keep up with all the postings!! Happy Canada Day to you!!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    .....and we seemed to have jumped ship from Frozen to Doc McStuffins in our home. Instead of "Let it Go", now it's "Time For Your Checkup", and I'm not exactly sure which one is more annoying lol!

We love Doc at our house! Those songs are so catchy and she is way less annoying than Dora!

Confession: About once a week we tell the two year old that "Dora is broken" so we don't have to watch it that day. She gets really excited the next day and says "Dora fixed now?" I may have to pay ALOT of money for a therapist in the near future!

Bwahahahaha! We do that too! If we're going out and we want Raelynn to eat something besides a cheeseburger (we have to present her with more options), we tell her the place ran out of cheeseburgers, so that's why she has a corn dog/pizza/chicken/xyz. Hopefully we still have awhile before she figures out our white lies.... ;)
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    ((Hugs)) @Tubbs216

I haven't been running either, I think that's why I'm in such a funk. Tomorrow is July 1 and I'm in a weight loss challenge with some friends on Facebook. Tomorrow is the day I get back at it, with a clean colon I suppose...

Well I hear you lose a lot of weight with that....

LOL! My 1-day detox plan!

Our official first weigh-in for the challenge is supposed to be on 7/2, but I will be using my WI from BEFORE the colon cleanse.

Ohh if the start is 7/2 then you need to eat all the salty foods. Maximum short term weight gain!

No I am not competitive.

:lol: POF you crack me up, but that sounds like something I would do.

Oh yeah! I took my official starting weigh-in this morning. Up 4 lbs from earlier this week. Success!

Ha ha the ONLY time you will be happy to see a gain. Good luck!
  • thecoker
    thecoker Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate powder is actually really good! I don't care for hot liquids and I see that that was actually a really good way to solve the craving! Guess we are both crazy! :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I have a Garmin, I think I may be the special snowflake on here haha

No I have a MisFit because it works with swimming. I did have a fitbit but I couldn't get into the habit of charging it so it would die and then I wouldn't wear it for a week.
    Just a thought, if someone in England would like my fitbit one I'll be happy to send it free of charge. I would rather it be used than sit in my drawer forever.

Next time I am heading to visit my family in Southeast Texas, I'll let you know!

Country music at every mile marker. Seriously want to do it? I am in! I signed up years ago then didn't go as I didn't want to travel by myself. I have since got over that and travel by myself to races all the time. I was just thinking the other day about signing up again. I haven't raced in TN!

Yep, country music might make the running part better! In fact, what would definitely get me round a marathon would be if you could get Dierks Bentley to run just in front of me! That'd be great...

Okay, guys, 4/30/16 is our date! I'll have to think about which country artist I would want to run behind. I love Eric Church, but he's taken. As is Toby Keith. Not sure about Chris Young. I love Gary Allen's voice but he isn't the most handsome man in the world... Hmmm. I'll have to think on it a bit. Start training!

Can an SC girl get in on this too?? I'd gladly run across the country if Brantley Gilbert or Jake Owen were in front of me! Country has some of the hottest singers...yummmm

Of course these singers are not going to be top country talent but maybe we can catch a concert and go to the grand Ole Oprey!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @riderfangal hugs. Sometimes we feel things for no obvious reason. Sometimes it is hormones. Sometimes we need to dig deeper to figure out why we have the feelings we have. Regardless, HUGS.

Awe thank you @nonoelmo . Life is better today!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

We love Doc at our house! Those songs are so catchy and she is way less annoying than Dora!

Confession: About once a week we tell the two year old that "Dora is broken" so we don't have to watch it that day. She gets really excited the next day and says "Dora fixed now?" I may have to pay ALOT of money for a therapist in the near future!

Bwahahahaha! We do that too! If we're going out and we want Raelynn to eat something besides a cheeseburger (we have to present her with more options), we tell her the place ran out of cheeseburgers, so that's why she has a corn dog/pizza/chicken/xyz. Hopefully we still have awhile before she figures out our white lies.... ;)

My mother told me it was against the law to eat crisps on a week day. Crisps were strictly weekends only. If I saw other kids eating crisps at school, I'd be all worried for them getting a criminal record at the age of 6 and never being able to get a job as a result. I was a very gullible conscientious kid.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I have a Garmin, I think I may be the special snowflake on here haha

No I have a MisFit because it works with swimming. I did have a fitbit but I couldn't get into the habit of charging it so it would die and then I wouldn't wear it for a week.
    Just a thought, if someone in England would like my fitbit one I'll be happy to send it free of charge. I would rather it be used than sit in my drawer forever.

Of course these singers are not going to be top country talent but maybe we can catch a concert and go to the grand Ole Oprey!

There's also a headliner the night of the race, free concert for race participants. This year, it was Martina McBride.
  • riderfangal
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I may get a lot of slag for this but Blake Shelton is my country crush...ahh SUPER tall and sexy woot woot!!

You wont get slag from me. He is drool worthy. Yum yum
  • riderfangal
    Options
    I need someone to talk me out of going to Dairy Queen to use my B1G1F Blizzard!! My husband won't be home until late so if I go, I will end up eating probably 1.75 of the 2 because my son won't eat much of his. And no, I can't throw it away or save until tomorrow or any of that nonsense...
    Ahhh

I know this already happened so the point may be mute, but you are beautiful and workout like a crazy woman (that's supposed to be a compliment), so I think you can spare a few calories on a Blizzard! Hope you enjoyed it!!! Your son is such a cutie!

I agree. @kelly_c_77 your step count motivates me every day to get moving!
  • riderfangal
    Options

Lol I am so tbankful Kypton doesnt like Dora!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    thecoker wrote: »
    Hot chocolate powder is actually really good! I don't care for hot liquids and I see that that was actually a really good way to solve the craving! Guess we are both crazy! :)
    I put hot chocolate mix in my coffee to make my own mocha.

Welcome to the thread!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Going to revise my goal for steps today.

Aiming now for my urban boot badge (15,000 steps). It's not quite 9 am and I'm at 8,384 already.

Wow you are rocking it!

@Glinda1971 you can do it!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was a toddler, Blues Clues was her favorite. The same show 5 days in a row. All summer long. (I was a teacher then and had summers off.)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I ended up eating a bit more than usual last night (just about 150 cals-ish higher, so NBD) and had a 2 lb woosh this morning... what the whah?? IDK but I'll take it.

So now @tubbs I think we're almost identical in stats... I have 8 lb to go to goal, about 5 after that. I desperately need new work clothes because they're hanging in weird places and un-tailored work clothes bother me lol... I may hit up cheap clothes to get me through the next few months until my spree at goal lol...

And I may have found a dog from the local rescue group near me... He's 5 yrs old, housetrained/shots/neutered, Beagle and he seems adorable.
    I have a twin!!

Regarding the dog, make sure you (and your neighbours) can handle the howling before you take him. My best friend has a beagle and she's lovely but the howling when she's excited... :#

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was a toddler, Blues Clues was her favorite. The same show 5 days in a row. All summer long. (I was a teacher then and had summers off.)
    We had Blue's Clues too, but we had Kevin as a presenter. Did you know they had different presenters for different countries? Kevin was from Liverpool, so we'd always be like "Eh, alright, alright, calm down our Blue"
    They did this for Thomas the Tank Engine too - Ringo Starr was the original British voiceover.
    My daughter was a first generation Teletubby fan, and I suppose they re-voiced that too, since it was sold all over the world.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I ended up eating a bit more than usual last night (just about 150 cals-ish higher, so NBD) and had a 2 lb woosh this morning... what the whah?? IDK but I'll take it.

So now @tubbs I think we're almost identical in stats... I have 8 lb to go to goal, about 5 after that. I desperately need new work clothes because they're hanging in weird places and un-tailored work clothes bother me lol... I may hit up cheap clothes to get me through the next few months until my spree at goal lol...

And I may have found a dog from the local rescue group near me... He's 5 yrs old, housetrained/shots/neutered, Beagle and he seems adorable.
    I have a twin!!

Regarding the dog, make sure you (and your neighbours) can handle the howling before you take him. My best friend has a beagle and she's lovely but the howling when she's excited... :#

Yes, they are very...interesting dogs. I had a beagle for awhile, and he was a very sweet dog. He would howl when I left which didn't really work in an apartment building. He would run out the front door if he could get around you and he could climb chain link fences. I had no choice but to get rid of him for several reasons, but I always felt bad. Saki is probably in doggie heaven by now.