April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    6 miles this morning. Used the directions app again, and found where I can get to some stats during the run, but since it was dark I couldn't see them (didn't feel like using the light button), but nice to know they are there. So ran blind again, but it was nice. Ended up almost exactly the same pace as Saturday without looking at watch, so I guess right at 9 min/mi is my natural pace. New Glycerin 16 were really comfortable. Didn't feel any niggles anywhere, except when I stopped. The 4th toe on my left foot really started to hurt. I thought "Oh no..these shoes are not as great as I thought". Bummed, thinking of when I can return them, I stretched and went in the house. Taking shoes and socks off, showed my toe was purple from the nail back to the first knuckle. Then I remembered I slammed my toe into the cedar chest at the end of the bed during the night last night :o . Heard some crunching :s . It hurt like hell, and I can't believe I forgot about it this morning. It didn't hurt at all until AFTER my run. Really weird.

exercise.png

Ouch! We call that a midnight fracture, can you guess why! Sounds like you broke it, Make sure you buddy strap it for a couple off weeks! You could get medical attention if you really want to (take pics of your xrays if your willing, im an xray junkie hahaha) but the treatment is usually buddy strap.

Yay for good shoes
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice @Avidkeo!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Last week was a horrible exercise week for me. I only managed to get in one short run and a couple of walks. I did have an epiphany over the weekend while reading the posts on this thread. I tend to be an all or nothing kind or person. If I don't have time for that particular days planned run, I just don't do anything. My epiphany was that anything is better than nothing. Obvious, I know. But it didn't sink in until I was reading where several of you said things like, "I didn't have time for my planned 10 mile run, so I went out and did 2 miles instead." So, thank you all!

I am trying to get in 50 miles total of running and walking this month to raise money for Relay For Life. That is in serious jeopardy as my month to date totals are only 10.52 miles running and 7.45 miles walking - 17.97 miles total. Time to just get out there and do what I can!!

I am absolutely prone to all or nothing thinking, too. I have to remind myself not to let the perfect be the enemy of the good. That's the thinking that has kept me from trying a lot of new things over the years, especially physical activity. I finally made my goals so tiny that I couldn't talk myself out of skipping them and built from there. Still, it's a constant struggle!
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 Superb race! Congrats, and I can't wait to read your race report! :smile:
    @BeeerRunner Superb race! Congrats, and I guess we're not going to see your race report! :wink:
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @samthepanda I hope you get to feeling better quickly.

I am absolutely prone to all or nothing thinking, too. I have to remind myself not to let the perfect be the enemy of the good. That's the thinking that has kept me from trying a lot of new things over the years, especially physical activity. I finally made my goals so tiny that I couldn't talk myself out of skipping them and built from there. Still, it's a constant struggle!
    Good to know that I'm not the only one. I'll have to remember your words of wisdom and not let the perfect (or seeking of perfection) be the enemy of the good.
  • Lazy_Bones_85
    Lazy_Bones_85 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @samthepanda I hope you get to feeling better quickly.

Good to know that I'm not the only one. I'll have to remember your words of wisdom and not let the perfect (or seeking of perfection) be the enemy of the good.

This was exactly what I needed to see today.