April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    @simcon1 Sorry about your spill on the slopes. Glad you weren't injured any worse than you were.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @Avidkeo Just for you, a pic of my friends ankle after meeting some ice while out for a run with a group. They hit the ice - slid off the trail and his shoe hit solid ground and stopped but the rest of his body kept moving.

i81pq9yd6al3.jpg

Uh. Distal oblique fibial fracture. Your friend get a pin, cast or Halo? Not weight bearing bone... So I'm a guess a walking boot. Man that gotta hurt! (Oh yes, practice opportunity 🤓 did I get a 100?.I had a dream I was kicked out of school for cheating. What? So not in my nature).

ETA lovely x ray quality don't you think @Avidkeo ?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    My leg feels twingy after yesterday’s speed work. I also have a big bruise on my thigh that I can’t remember what it is from 🤔

So I took today’s 5 miles slow. It kinda feels worse so I’m torn about what to do. I feel like I should take a few days off, but I never can bring myself to stop.

Oddness. 🤔... Listen to your body. Visit your doc if you feel concerned. I'm so bad about this one. If it's always on my mind, I just go see someone. I am neurotic and things prey on my mind until they are resolved. Of course it's been warranted in my case, no way I could have "fixed" myself.

Sunlight, pineapple, gentle heat and gentle massage may help that bruise heal/dissipate faster.

How's your iron level?

Best of luck! ((Hehe, annoyingly playing doctor this morning)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 those aren't boring shoes - look at the Louboutin soles on them!!!!! (ok, not QUITE the same colour......)
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I try to avoid the airport area when possible, but the A&R does have great ribs! The place we went on Sunday is The One and Only BBQ, and the ‘cue there is only so-so, but they are convenient to where we run and have sweet potato fries which I love. Also the owner is a runner! I got to know her while standing in line for pickup at St Jude.

Some of the best Memphis bbq is found at unlicensed food trucks and on street corners around town during the summer. It’s almost food truck season again! Thanks to the magic cleansing power of fire, bbq is one of the safer things to eat out of a food truck, as long as you keep an eye on how the slaw is being stored.

Yesterday we walked 3.5 miles at the Greenway. It was in the mid 80s. I’m going to regret not being able to run during this transitional weather when it gets into the 100s and I’m not adapted. I need to start adding some higher intensity cardio soon, going to try exercise bike with a support sleeve on my ankle and see if it feels okay.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I like the shoes! Salomon has spoiled me as far as lacing systems are concerned.