What’s did everyone have for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Traquette
    Traquette Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal about 522 cal
    It's a little high in sugar to my liking, but that moka flavoured yogurt is so good.
    I'll get some plain yogurt tonight and see what difference it makes for the next time !
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    ☕️
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Options
    4 am McDonald's. I thought I said never again!
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    Coffee and planning on a cheesy eggs and avocado breakfast sandwich.
  • Corina1143
    Options
    Sandwich skinny, 1/3 Prepd steak and eggs, sharp cheddar, iced tea. Good, filling, lasting. Triple win.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    Coffee and avocado toast!
  • Traquette
    Options
    Traquette wrote: »
    Overnight oatmeal about 522 cal
    It's a little high in sugar to my liking, but that moka flavoured yogurt is so good.
    I'll get some plain yogurt tonight and see what difference it makes for the next time !

Reporting back !
    So, omitting fruit as topping, the first version of this overnight oatmeal was 493 cal (32 protein and 15 sugar)

This morning, with plain yogurt and a different protein powder (run out of the first one) this morning breakfast was ... drum roll.... 436 cal (45 protein and 10 sugar) !

And most importantly: it was equally good !

It may not be a huuuuge difference but it's a little improvement made just by choosing better ingredients !

• Corina1143
    Options
    @Traquette
    In my opinion, it's the little changes that are easy to make and easy to live with that makes it so much easier in the long run. I'm in it for the long haul.
    Hurray for little victories that add up to the good life!
  • Corina1143
    Options
    Iced coffee. Bagel bites.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    Coffee With cream and sugar...about to make a slice of cinnamon toast and maybe a few pecans
  • Corina1143
    Options
    Sandwich skinny, cheese, steak and eggs. Iced coffee with almond milk
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yogurt blended with chia seeds and chocolate protein powder (lovely pudding consistency) with almonds and blueberries on top
  • Traquette
    Options
    First time trying cottage cheese bowl... I don't think I'll ever do that again ! I'm having a hard time with cottage cheese >_<
  • AdahPotatah2024
    Options
    Just a big cup of coffee with cream and sugar..
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    First time trying cottage cheese bowl... I don't think I'll ever do that again ! I'm having a hard time with cottage cheese >_<

Cottage cheese is really having a moment right now and I feel like it’s everywhere! I found a recipe where you blend it with ranch seasoning for a high protein dip and it was actually really good. Not really a breakfast idea but worth a try if the texture bothers you. Or hey maybe it can be breakfast, who knows!
  • Corina1143
    edited June 19
    Options

Texture or taste?

I often empty the whole carton into the blender, sometimes add vanilla/cinnamon if I plan to use the whole carton with sweet things. Pour it back in the carton for later use.
    I just don't think cottage cheese tastes like ice cream, no matter how much I love it.
    See lots of recipes with cottage cheese these days that just don't tempt me.
    (But cottage cheese ranch dip sounds good for salad dressing)
  • Corina1143
    Options
    Repeat of yesterday. Good stuff!
  • robert_flowe
    robert_flowe Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 19
    Options
    I'm trying the 14 hour intermittent fast program, so "breakfast" was 2 cups of black coffee (one of which was decaf).

Lunch will be more elaborate.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    buttered toast, chocolate protein powder in coffee
  • Traquette
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »

Texture or taste?

Mostly texture, though the taste is not amazing either haha
    I was off to a bad start: like you I've seen it everywhere and thought why not try it even if it doesn't really speak to me... I bought some initially to mix in an omelette, but my BF ended up making breakfast that day and put the cottage cheese as a topping on the cooked eggs >_< It wasn't fantastic haha

I'm open to try it again as part of another recipe (blended in) to add protein but as is, bleh