Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I watch Big Trouble In Little China about 3 times a month, it's my favorite movie.

"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"

So hilarious. That line gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME

"It's like I said to my first wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides that, it's all in the reflexes"
  • KrisAZ000
    KrisAZ000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What is cookie butter?

Pure heaven in a jar. The taste of cookies, the consistency of peanut butter. If you try it, you will have a hard time not eating half a jar in one sitting, so be prepared.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon of butter in coffee this morning...it really helps keep a curb in the appetite, but yeah real butter...yum.

this is a popular biohack

I can't imagine that even tastes good? Blughck!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon of butter in coffee this morning...it really helps keep a curb in the appetite, but yeah real butter...yum.

this is a popular biohack

I can't imagine that even tastes good? Blughck!

Andrew Zimmer from Bizarre foods was in Ethiopia tasting all the coffee's they have there and he was served coffee with butter in it and to this day claims it was the worst thing he's ever tried.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Last Wednesday at my local diet club meeting I won one of the door prizes. I selected the bag of baked Sour Cream 'n Onion Lays chips because for me, it's all about salt. I ate two servings on the way home, counting chips as I drove, and ate the last serving last night. There are 6 servings in a bag. Pretty sure I didn't log all of them. Should have taken the 100 calorie microwave popcorn box, but I always figure that stuff is "bad" for me. LOL. I won't be accepting any more ready-to-eat door prizes should I happen to "win" again tonight. The woman who leads these informal weigh-ins/discussions, says her husband asks if she's going to the whale watchers meeting. He is very un-PC. I am too, so of course think its funny and now call it that.

55835802.png
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was in the locker room about to change for yoga class, when I discovered I had forgotten to pack pants, so I ended up going home. Instead of changing my plan to a home workout, I just made dinner and watched Mulan with my dogs.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I do a ton of cardio daily for the sole purpose of eating a lot of dessert at night. I was also happy at the fact that my sister, who hovers around a size 4, gained a noticeable amount of weight the last year (ok so it was maybe 8lbs but because she's so skinny I noticed it)
  • drklib
    drklib Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well, on running socks, if they're the same brand and more or less the same, then I mate them. . .but regular socks. . .I just can't do it. They have to have their right mate. When our GSD was young, I would save up socks that never ever mated and use them to stuff Blue Bear (her favorite stuffed toy from early puppyhood) when Bear lost his stuffing (which was my old socks, LOL), but now she's old and Blue Bear is just an old favorite that mainly lives in the toy box. . .but I still can't toss socks!

My GSD/Husky mix (aka Shusky) pup is a notorious sock thief. I even got her a dog tag that calls her out on it. In fact- Last night I found a stash of my low ankle socks in her kennel, stored nicely under her dog bed. She doesn't eat them (thank god), she just loves throwing them in the air and catching them. Now I save the mismatched socks for two reasons: 1) in hopes that the thief stole them and they all will magically reappear or 2) the washing machine ate the mates so I might as well turn them into a toy for the thief.

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am trying to control the rage building up inside me. I am in a mood today and I may very very well insult and hurt others feelings by going in to B!T@# MODE in 1 second flat. Typically, not very like me. I'm usually pretty nice. This type of day unfortunately happens 1 day out of the month...family and co-workers beware.

P.S. I usually feel pretty bad about my rage the next day.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    nigerski68 wrote: »
    nigerski68 wrote: »
    salembambi wrote: »
    HawtTamale wrote: »
    I refuse to have sex with the lights on for fear the man I'm with will see my body and be so repulsed he'll refuse to have sex with me.

ugh i feeel you :\:'(

I have to ask both you ladies WHY?? He loves you, right? So he loves your body!! If he was repulsed by you, he would not be with you now!!

I've been with my husband 25 years, we have a 23 yr old son and my husband loves me dearly. Most times he's wonderful and I wouldn't trade him for the world. He insists that he doesn't care about my weight, he loves me and how I look doesn't matter, blah blah blah. In 25 years he's never seen me naked. Not one time. Even with having a child and nursing me through cervical cancer three years ago. He'd be ecstatic to shower together or get to leave the lights on but I refuse. I hate my body so much and I KNOW he would be absolutely disgusted with me and never admit it.

This is incredibly sad.

Not saying that in a judging way, but wow. That's got to be an awful way to live, for both of you.

You're right, it is. It's something I hope to work on. I know it doesn't make sense and I know he loves me. My brain knows it. But that fat girl that was always teased and always hating her body says otherwise.

I hope you figure this out some day. My guess is that it is not really about weight. What if you get down to *magical goal weight* and still don't feel comfortable?

Have you ever thought about getting some counseling?

I can relate to the feeling of not being comfortable in your own body. My stomach is awful due to some medical things that I have to deal with. That's where ALL of my remaining body fat is, and it's the only place where I have loose skin. I also have 10 surgical scars on my abdomen. I won't look at this part of my body in the mirror at all...but for sex? I don't know...I guess I just let it go and don't worry about it.

With somebody you trust who you have been with for 25 years? I just can't imagine being so afraid. You shouldn't have to live that way.

Speaking as a man...

Confidence is sexy. Period.

Give me a 175 lb woman who is confident in her body and ready to throw down over a 100lb woman who is and wants to cover things.

And in a relationship... The trust required to "let it all hang out" warts, fat rolls and all, is part of what builds intimacy IMHO.

You should take a few shots and let it go. It will bring you closer together.

This^^^^!!
    Men get it, your husband is going to love you no matter what, he will not be disgusted, he will feel honored that you have allowed him to enjoy you completely! It will be the most intimate moment of your life if you can just take that step and do it.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Confession of the day: There is a guy I work with who is cocky, arrogant, loves to brag about himself and is about 10 years younger than me. Total douche attitude and yet I still find myself attracted to him. :\
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    Last Wednesday at my local diet club meeting I won one of the door prizes. I selected the bag of baked Sour Cream 'n Onion Lays chips because for me, it's all about salt. I ate two servings on the way home, counting chips as I drove, and ate the last serving last night. There are 6 servings in a bag. Pretty sure I didn't log all of them. Should have taken the 100 calorie microwave popcorn box, but I always figure that stuff is "bad" for me. LOL. I won't be accepting any more ready-to-eat door prizes should I happen to "win" again tonight. The woman who leads these informal weigh-ins/discussions, says her husband asks if she's going to the whale watchers meeting. He is very un-PC. I am too, so of course think its funny and now call it that.

55835802.png

That is hilarious! I'm quite un-PC myself, but I keep it in my head instead of saying anything out loud (even though I'd love to sometimes!).
    I'm wondering why they don't have NON food items as door prizes? Seems like it might be a better idea. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with diet club meetings, however.
  • afoust1986
    afoust1986 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was in the locker room about to change for yoga class, when I discovered I had forgotten to pack pants, so I ended up going home. Instead of changing my plan to a home workout, I just made dinner and watched Mulan with my dogs.

and now I have "How Can I... Make a Maaaaan... Out of Yooooouuuuuu" stuck in my head. Thanks! :smile:
  • afoust1986
    afoust1986 Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession of the day: There is a guy I work with who is cocky, arrogant, loves to brag about himself and is about 10 years younger than me. Total douche attitude and yet I still find myself attracted to him. :\

Shoooooot... story of my dating life. Power through because you'll most likely regret it. They're usually pretty crappy in the sack.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I am bringing a 2/3rds of the way empty suitcase with me when I go to Tucson tomorrow. I plan on indulging in some power shopping when I am away from home. Husband doesn't ask because he doesn't want to know.

Go on a hike while you're there! I just moved away from Tucson and am really missing the awesome wildflowers that start peeking out in the Rincons and Tucsons right about now. Best city for hiking, hands down.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ...I'm wondering why they don't have NON food items as door prizes? Seems like it might be a better idea. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with diet club meetings, however.

Yeah, I agree, but I'm not the "leader". This diet club (for lack of a better word) is new; just a dozen or so women who want to lose weight that decided to meet weekly. Well, there were just 4 then everyone who heard wanted to come too. Lots of fat ladies around here. I figure talking about weight loss once a week IRL can't hurt, so I decided to join. We are doing it for 6 weeks, then will see if we want to go for 8 weeks after that, depending on interest.

55835802.png
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I have realized that if I take off my Fitbit and tuck it into the waistband of my workout pants, it counts my stationary bike and elliptical rotations as steps. I use that little trick whenever I am doing an online Fitbit challenge.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ...I'm wondering why they don't have NON food items as door prizes? Seems like it might be a better idea. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with diet club meetings, however.

Yeah, I agree, but I'm not the "leader". This diet club (for lack of a better word) is new; just a dozen or so women who want to lose weight that decided to meet weekly. Well, there were just 4 then everyone who heard wanted to come too. Lots of fat ladies around here. I figure talking about weight loss once a week IRL can't hurt, so I decided to join. We are doing it for 6 weeks, then will see if we want to go for 8 weeks after that, depending on interest.

55835802.png

Maybe the "door prizes" were really things the leader had in her kitchen and didn't want around to tempt herself anymore?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I troll (as in look through) the MFP forums for threads I know are heading for a lock and actively engage in them. I especially like trolling (as in illiciting a response) from people who subscribe to woo-based weight loss regimens and other medical pseudoscience.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I hate it when PC becomes Positively Caustic. Possible new thread titles:

What are you giving up for lentil?
    Are you splurging on a chocolate bunny for Eater?
    Do you eat fish on Fridays and why?
    What is your favorite meal to eat on December 25?