Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    tchell99 wrote: »

Hmm. A man in Reno? Was it just to watch him die?

Thank you!! I had the same thought, but I figured I was the only one that would get it.

I heard that whistle blowin, too.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    I once shot a man

I'm calling the police

ge7ajh7zv3mb.gif
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Those are great ideas, but I'm hoping to do something outside the kitchen with her. One of the reasons I take my son grocery shopping is to demonstrate that the gender roles society has placed on us are artificial and that we can break them with our actions. I'm hoping to do something similar with my daughter.

I freaking love this.

Me too. How about taking her to the DIY store and every time buying an item towards a long term project. Or if you know about cars teaching her some mechanics.

I like the idea of a long term project. I've got next to no knowledge on cars, but I do have several friends who can build one with their eyes closed. I've been thinking I might get a beat-to-*kitten* muscle car and have her rebuild it with me, then give it to her when she gets a driver's license. The only problem is that it's not something we can start until she's a older.

Someone else mentioned model rockets, and that's a great idea. I'd love to foster some interest in STEM as they are typicaly male-dominated fields. Rocketry is something we could do early on, too.

As a girl with a chemistry degree working in the nuclear industry I 100% support this. Your daughter is lucky to have a father who believes she can do anything she wants to :)
  • obscuremusicreference
    Options
    Last night it was close to midnight and I was under 1200 but not hungry, so I ate a big spoonful of peanut butter.

Then I was hungry an hour later.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Every Sunday, I take my son to do the grocery shopping. At one of the stores, we get a bottle of Mexican Coke and a Tastycake pie (his choice: Cherry, Apple, or French Apple) and sit on the tailgate to share them. Coke-and-Pie Day almost never gets logged.

That's the cutest thing ever.

Agreed! And because you're creating a memory with your son that he will remember forever it doesn't count as calories!

The memories will end up being more delicious than the pie, methinks. Now I just have to think of something similar to do with his sister!

How old is she and what kinds of things does she like? (sorry if you've already answered this; I'm a page or 2 behind on this thread)

No worries. She's only 4 months, so I've got some time to think of something. I just want to make sure I don't wait too long.

My grandpa took me fishing, that would be along the lines of breaking the typical gender roles. (as long as you don't take her brother with you too) I still love to go fishing!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I want to scream at the people on the treadmills at the gym to stop holding the bar because it burns less calories when you do...

That winds me up too. And it's doing nothing for their form.
  • rockrosie
    rockrosie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

Me too. Even to the gym- I wear tank top sports bras. Year round.

• tincanonastring
    Options
    Last night it was close to midnight and I was under 1200 but not hungry, so I ate a big spoonful of peanut butter.

Then I was hungry an hour later.

giphy.gif
  • obscuremusicreference
    Options
    Yes, the ghrelin gremlin!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I don' t have any friends on here, and after seeing quite a few people in other threads talk about how some of their "friends" made actual comments about what they ate or if they exercised, Im afraid to add anyone. If I ate 2 servings of Doritos I already know it's bad, I don't need some stranger to comment on it!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I want to scream at the people on the treadmills at the gym to stop holding the bar because it burns less calories when you do...

IMO it's even worse on the ellipticals (ones with stationary handles) or stair steppers. I see so many people supporting their full weight on their arms and then just move their legs. I know it's none of my business so of course I don't say anything, but it such a waste of their time! But, better than not being there at all, I suppose.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I don' t have any friends on here, and after seeing quite a few people in other threads talk about how some of their "friends" made actual comments about what they ate or if they exercised, Im afraid to add anyone. If I ate 2 servings of Doritos I already know it's bad, I don't need some stranger to comment on it!

I always make a full disclosure to my friends: "Be aware, I eat pretty much whatever I want only in smaller portions. I exercise so I can eat more. Please don't look at my diary for inspiration."

Being older and short, I don't have a lot of wiggle room in the calories.

So far, I haven't had any rude comments.

btw- I almost NEVER look at anyone else's diary. Occasionally I will peek if someone else makes a comment about something. I definitely never comment on other people's choices.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

You just need friends who understand that 2 servings of Doritos aren't bad as long as you're fitting them into your calorie goals. Or friends who are empathetic if you exceed your calorie goal on any given day. Preferrably both.
  • obscuremusicreference
    Options

You just need friends who understand that 2 servings of Doritos aren't bad as long as you're fitting them into your calorie goals. Or friends who are empathetic if you exceed your calorie goal on any given day. Preferrably both.

Yup. I believe the only time you should comment on a friend's diary is if you see them use an entry that is incorrect. Most of my friends don't talk about their personal lives and for all I know, they were eating out of a vending machine in a hospital waiting room.

Plus Doritos will get you your fat macro, right?
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Every Sunday, I take my son to do the grocery shopping. At one of the stores, we get a bottle of Mexican Coke and a Tastycake pie (his choice: Cherry, Apple, or French Apple) and sit on the tailgate to share them. Coke-and-Pie Day almost never gets logged.

That's the cutest thing ever.

Agreed! And because you're creating a memory with your son that he will remember forever it doesn't count as calories!

The memories will end up being more delicious than the pie, methinks. Now I just have to think of something similar to do with his sister!

How old is she and what kinds of things does she like? (sorry if you've already answered this; I'm a page or 2 behind on this thread)

No worries. She's only 4 months, so I've got some time to think of something. I just want to make sure I don't wait too long.

I know my nieces go with my brother to Home Depot for their kids project days. They've built birdhouses and stuff...they're 3 and 4 :). It's super cute.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I've not had anyone do that. The only time I've looked at someone's diary is if they've asked if it looks ok, and if they want to look at mine, it's fine by me. I log because I'm not perfect and need to see where I screw up. If I was perfect, I wouldn't need to lose weight in the first place.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Im sure the majority of people on here are nice, supportive people like you guys. Still a bit nervous that I'll meet one of those though haha.

Notice: If you have a thing for meticulously controlling other people's calorie intake as well as your own, do not add me. :smiley:
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options

Me neither. I have one and it's because she asked me to add her (and that's okay). I still think my diary is private. It's not accurate at all so I don't care for anyone to look at it and start making judgements.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    btw- I almost NEVER look at anyone else's diary.

Me either. I try to if someone makes a comment that makes it seem like they* want that or comments on mine in a way that makes it seem like they want that kind of interaction, but mostly I don't look and when I do I mostly just comment if something seems super tasty or I need to find out where to buy it. (I sometimes feel guilty about this, but looking at other people's meals seems like a lot of work and there are millions of reasons people choose what they do that are none of my business.)

For what it's worth, I've mostly only seen positive comments on diaries other than by the diarist, although this could be my particular friends and their friends.

I've gotten commented on once or twice for eating too low (ages ago, now I usually eat nowhere near 1200), so I tend to give an explanation if I am low for some reason.

*Yes, I sometimes choose to use "they" rather than "he or she," so I guess that should go in this thread too.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I see so many people supporting their full weight on their arms and then just move their legs.

When I first used a gym regularly, back in the '90s (it didn't stick), stairmasters were such the thing and I was such a major offender on this one. I'd be on the stupid machine trying to read a magazine or even a book and otherwise putting all my weight on my arms.

Really, it's amazing my arms never got very big or gained muscle at all. It might even disprove the "if I use weights I might bulk up in 5 minutes" theory.