Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• pinkteapot3
    pinkteapot3 Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've stuck to my daily net cal goal for two months, strictly logging all food and exercise. With a goal of 1lb/week loss, I've lost 11lbs in 8 weeks.

Yesterday was my birthday. For lunch I had takeaway fish and chips with mum (she lives at the seaside). She's been doing Slimming World and has lost 18lbs so far. Neither of us has had takeaway the whole time. It was an amazing treat we'd both been looking forward to, even though it tasted really greasy as we've been eating healthy food for so long.

But, that's not my confession. I then had Dominos pizza for dinner with the hubby!!!

Total for yesterday: 2,972 cals
    Daily goal: 1,240 cals

Oops. :blush:
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Another confession I have after being on these boards a little while is I HATE the question "Do you weigh everything you eat?" I want to scream every time I see it asked.

HELLL NO....I DONT weigh everything. That is simply not sustainable for the rest of my life. Sure I know that losing or maintaining will have to be a lifelong effort and I will work towards it but the whole weighing EVERYTHING is simply too much for me.

We have a baby shower at work today. Am I supposed to pull out a scale and weigh a slice of cake? I don't think so.

Carry on...

I don't even own a food scale, but to be fair, I'm good at eating maintenance calories without putting any thought into it at all. But if I'm not doing some form of calorie counting or exercising (and I don't like exercising), I find it incredibly difficult to eat at a calorie deficit.
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Here's one that isn't food related. I grew a mustache and bought a fedora partly because they're not in style (especially in my demographic).
  • MsJennyffer
    MsJennyffer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    I once did research to see how many calories sex burned so I could log it (FYI foreplay burns more).

I've done that too, it doesn't burn many smh..
  • MsJennyffer
    MsJennyffer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    mistypile wrote: »
    ntinkham88 wrote: »
    I wait until my husband jumps in the shower and then snack on anything I can get my hands on.

OMG! I do that too.

I have also done this in the past smh ::ashamed:: I don't want to get that disapproving look, not because he wants me to lose weight, but he knows how crappy I feel when the scale doesn't move and he is trying to support me.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This is really how I feel most of the time

Fitness.jpg

One of my friends posted that on my Facebook wall Monday night. Clearly we must be besties.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Please believe me when I tell you that several of the mom's at my older kid's school are super stuck up and judgmental. This makes me sound like the jerk, but I'm really so laid back and these people just drive me nuts! The other day, they had a bake sale at the band and strings concert and one of those women made chocolate chip cookies. She listed all the ingredients on a paper and in caps put ORGANIC before each thing, i.e. "ORGANIC flour, ORGANIC sugar.." It was so obviously competitive nonsense ( listing the ingredients at all was not required or expected). She was the winner of best mom in the world for sure. I find this type of behavior so obnoxious.

And that had nothing to do with anything, except that it was annoying.

Confession: I want the tank top in your profile picture!!! Is that for real, because if so, I need to know where you got it so I can have it in my life STAT!
    So who's scrolling back and looking for the tank top? I scrolled a bit but never saw anything exciting so figured I missed it. lol

you can just click berlynwall's name on the original quote to bring up her profile

OK, found it but don't know what a cheese fry is so probably don't want it on my shirt. lol

It's a gateway drug to poutine:
    dains-fries.jpg

Confession: I spent far longer than I really want to admit looking at this picture and actually noticed an increase of saliva in my mouth while doing so.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Whittedo wrote: »
    Confession - I totally ate pavement on my run today. I think I can officially call myself a runner now. LOL
    -
    Are asphalt calories tracked in the Food Database?

Dangit, I didn't check!
  • meremaid2014
    Options
    Walking around in TK Maxx, I saw a box of dark chocolate raspberry truffles that were on the wrong shelf. Upon closer inspection, I saw someone had opened them already and put them back on the shelf. So....I ate one. And it was amazing. Then I went and told my fiancé and we both had 3 more. No regrets! They were delicious.
  • JDownie91
    JDownie91 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Camarose79 wrote: »
    Ive eaten food that I found at work. I'm a food hoarder and I hate seeing food being wasted. If I'm really sure that it wasn't touched and the people didn't seem like dirty people. Not food off a plate but stuff like wrapped half a sub or the bottom full row of a bag of cookies, or fruits, not grapes but a banana or apple left behind. Never an open bag of chips or anything with a bite!

What kind of place do you work at? Mainly I'm curious as to whether this is like, a customer's/stranger's leftover food, or a coworker who brought too much?
  • BeaBizzy
    BeaBizzy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I won't leave the house if it is 30-35 degrees or lower unless I am running out of TP.

I sit on the computer using diet and exercise research as my excuse.

I stay in bed on some days off ALL day watching tv, sleeping, reading only to get up for my meals and to peee, IFF I get on the elliptical I get back in bed for more movies...rest on Sundays to an extreme.

I have some chocolate nearly everyday ... nutrisystem desserts ... and love it.

I buy clothes I want to wear when on sale and hord them for years thinking they will fit when I loose weight again.

I buy more fresh fruits and vegetables than I can eat and end up throwing away lots of food (money) on things I don't use.

I don't feel guilty about these acts as I have justified them as failed attempts to do good or feel good.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    BeaBizzy wrote: »
    I won't leave the house if it is 30-35 degrees or lower unless I am running out of TP.

I sit on the computer using diet and exercise research as my excuse.

I stay in bed on some days off ALL day watching tv, sleeping, reading only to get up for my meals and to peee, IFF I get on the elliptical I get back in bed for more movies...rest on Sundays to an extreme.

I have some chocolate nearly everyday ... nutrisystem desserts ... and love it.

I buy clothes I want to wear when on sale and hord them for years thinking they will fit when I loose weight again.

I buy more fresh fruits and vegetables than I can eat and end up throwing away lots of food (money) on things I don't use.

I don't feel guilty about these acts as I have justified them as failed attempts to do good or feel good.

Strong post is strong. Good job on airing that all.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I ate nearly an entire 8x8 pan of butterscotch blondies... By myself... In one day. And by "nearly", I mean that I saved two small pieces for my husband, and gave them to him for breakfast. (I baked them after 1 AM. Everyone knows that's the best time to give in to crazy cravings... Right?)
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I've had a super low calorie day (non-intentional) and did a lot of exercising. Even after dinner, I have enough calories left to eat an entire pizza. I don't want a pizza, but I'm totally heading to the shop for an ice cream as soon as the episode I'm watching is done.

Did this a couple days ago. Did a good deal or cardio in the morning but pretty much no appetite all day (not normal for me lol). Had about 900 calories left for the day, so I stopped at McDonald's and got a double quarter pounder with cheese. Still under my goal :stuck_out_tongue:

I don't buy jeans when I need them, as more motivation to lose weight and fit in the ones I already have. This never works and usually leaves me with 1 or 2 pairs of pants.

I don't buy snacks at all, cause I eat them all by the end of the night. I tore up a 12 pack bag of string cheese in one sitting.

I've eaten handfuls of uncooked steel cut oats. I find them delicious.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Here's one that isn't food related. I grew a mustache and bought a fedora partly because they're not in style (especially in my demographic).

I take it you're not an American

• lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    BeaBizzy wrote: »

I do the same, but I live in Dallas, so it's not that difficult. We rarely have extended periods that cold. The last two weeks have been unusually cold (but not every day below freezing). I didn't have to work President's Day and it was extremely cold. So I got up in the morning, took off my pajamas, only to put on another pair of pajamas (warmer since I was no longer in bed) and spent the day watching television and reading. I only went outside to take out the garbage. I did the same thing Monday 2/23 when my office was closed due to sleet and snow. And if we get the wintry mix that is forecast for tonight and tomorrow morning, I'll be doing the same tomorrow.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

My first thought too. Otherwise it's totally hipster chic! :)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

My first thought too. Otherwise it's totally hipster chic! :)

My first thought was redditor
  • caryb2015
    caryb2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Had an appointment at electrolysist this morning in the city. Her office is very close to a store I can get dark chocolate caramels. I know a box of them is 1100 cals so I skipped breakfast before the appointment and stopped at that store on the way to the appointment. My plan was to eat half the box before the appointment as my breakfast and the rest on the way home as my lunch. I was able to talk myself out of the second half of the box so that I'd have more calories left for healthier eating the remainder of the day (I generally eat @1660/day).

Of course there is still a half box of chocolate temptation out in the car but I've put it with the spare tire so I'll have to put in some effort before I consume the second half.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Of course there is still a half box of chocolate temptation out in the car but I've put it with the spare tire so I'll have to put in some effort before I consume the second half.

I have totally spare-tired food!