Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• anjoski86
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    Sometimes, I eat in bed and don't even remember. I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm not hungry, and then, I'm sad when I remember.
    This is the story of my life! It started when I was on Ambien years ago and I think I Night binged so long that my body still hasnt broken the habit. If I go for a few days without sugar I'll find myself up in the middle of the night discovering cookies I forgot I even bought.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    moesis wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I confess I sometimes wonder where in the world you people live because there are always so many references to gelato and so few about ice cream.

Have you tried Gelato? It is seriously addicting!!
    My impulse control is so bad when it comes to soda that I do not carry any money with me unless I know that I am going to need it; no cash, no cards, no checkbook.

Solidarity, brother! I had to take the same approach to get myself to stop eating fast food lunches every day. And sometimes fast food breakfasts. And the occasional fast food snack on the way home from work, you know, pre-dinner. My favorite was the day I had McD's breakfast, Wendy's lunch, BK snack, McD's dinner.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Once every week or two I buy a dozen chocolate donuts, get to the office early & leave them in the break room anonymously, and get grim satisfaction out of watching the same people who say to me "I need to eat like you" chow down.

This is deliciously evil.

I could never do such a thing because I could never buy a donut, much less a dozen--way too embarrassing.

I have a co-worker who's a runner and used be a ballerina. When she's irritating me I buy Chicken in a Biscuit crackers (I'm not tempted) and Peanut Butter M&Ms (tempting, but if I eat them there are less for her) on the front desk. She complains as she inhales them and I don't feel one bit guilty.

Awesome and terrible at the same time, but way more awesome than terrible.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm that *kitten* on Facebook that calls you out when you post a fake quote. Friends, family acquaintances... no one is safe from my fact-checking. No Uncle Jerry, I'm sorry. Thomas Jefferson did not say that about gun control.

I will shamelessly Snopes people my newsfeed, too. I have no problem letting someone know they're posting stupid *kitten*.

Right here with you guys.....why post something you saw without knowing if it is actually true or not? Stupid......
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I don't mind drinking my calories. I think food prep/eating/cleaning up is a time waster and pita and would be thrilled if food came in a one-a-day pill form so I could pop one and be done with it. But it doesn't. So I won't.

http://www.soylent.me/

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected to the makers and/or sellers of this product. I just think it's neat. I like food way too much to go all shake, but I've heard some people are living on nothing but soylent. The future is now!

0kpspn2hjq6q.gifI saw threads about this but never looked at them. I thought the name was cool due to the unavoidable Soylent Green references but this is really cool. Too pricey for my impoverished lifestyle but I might try a bag or two just to see what it is.

• tincanonastring
    Options
    I don't mind drinking my calories. I think food prep/eating/cleaning up is a time waster and pita and would be thrilled if food came in a one-a-day pill form so I could pop one and be done with it. But it doesn't. So I won't.

http://www.soylent.me/

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected to the makers and/or sellers of this product. I just think it's neat. I like food way too much to go all shake, but I've heard some people are living on nothing but soylent. The future is now!

0kpspn2hjq6q.gifI saw threads about this but never looked at them. I thought the name was cool due to the unavoidable Soylent Green references but this is really cool. Too pricey for my impoverished lifestyle but I might try a bag or two just to see what it is.

If you're really interested, there's a whole DIY Soylent movement. I've heard you can get all the ingredients pretty cheap if you're willing to buy them in bulk and mix it yourself. I'm not sure what people mean by "cheap," though.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm that *kitten* on Facebook that calls you out when you post a fake quote. Friends, family acquaintances... no one is safe from my fact-checking. No Uncle Jerry, I'm sorry. Thomas Jefferson did not say that about gun control.

I will shamelessly Snopes people my newsfeed, too. I have no problem letting someone know they're posting stupid *kitten*.

Right here with you guys.....why post something you saw without knowing if it is actually true or not? Stupid......

I've done that too... I always check snopes and just post the link, lol.
  • tincanonastring
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I used to cut and paste links to show people their own foolishness, but I'm on an outdated version of Firefox (and too lazy to fix it) and there's a conflict with Facebook, so I can't cut and paste in the comments. I'm forced to type out any links I want to reference.

Confession: I'm such an *kitten* with my need to correct disinformation that I will type out full links, sometimes a hundred characters long, into comments because dammit(!), someone on the internet is wrong!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

I refuse to share food with people at the movies. Especially popcorn. One person has to hold it, then the person holding it eats most of it. And then the person not holding the bag has to awkwardly reach into the other person's lap to grab some. And if both people reach at the same time it leads to hand bumping and... ugh. I just hate it. We'll each get our own popcorn and be happier.

Confession: I turn into a total pig at the movies. I LOVE LOVE LOVE movie theatre popcorn and shovel it in as fast as a I can. I end up dropping a lot of it too. Some ends up down my shirt, some on the floor, and I've even found a piece that somehow ended up in my hoodie pocket. That's another reason people shouldn't share with me - you might lose a hand!

Movie popcorn is the best thing in the entire world. Next time try it with MMs plain. 1-2 MMs to 4-5 popcorn and chew it up for max yummies! Once I really wanted popcorn but there was no movie I wanted to see so I went, got it and came back to a Netflix movie on my couch. My dog was thrilled when I stood up 2 hours later and she got the fallen ones.

I've done that :) Except I made the mistake of dumping the M&M's directly in the popcorn bag. Of course they all sank to the bottom and I made myself sick on popcorn trying to find them.

While I haven't done it (yet), I'm not against stopping at the theatre to buy popcorn to go!

I have thought about this more times than I care to admit, but still have yet to actually go through with it. Maybe the next time we run a Netflix marathon, I'll ask my hubby to go get me some movie theater popcorn...extra butter. :smiley:
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I confess I sometimes wonder where in the world you people live because there are always so many references to gelato and so few about ice cream.

My impulse control is so bad when it comes to soda that I do not carry any money with me unless I know that I am going to need it; no cash, no cards, no checkbook.

Solidarity, brother! I had to take the same approach to get myself to stop eating fast food lunches every day. And sometimes fast food breakfasts. And the occasional fast food snack on the way home from work, you know, pre-dinner. My favorite was the day I had McD's breakfast, Wendy's lunch, BK snack, McD's dinner.

I really, really, miss pre-dinner sometimes. I'm still in mourning for all the bad habits I had to stop.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    When I would eat fast food, I would stop at one chain for a snack to have while I waited in line at the other for dinner. Bean Burrito's while I waited for Double cheeseburgers seems legit right?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Speaking of sharing food -- does nobody ever eat an entire dessert by themselves in restaurants? Is that why every dessert I order automatically arrives with two utensils and did I just miss that memo?

I dine out fairly often with a longterm male friend who does not care for sweets and rarely manages to finish his entrée... when asked if he wants to order dessert, he always declines... yet the dessert I order turns up with two spoons/forks.

This is not someone with whom I normally swap saliva (thanks for assuming we're in an intimate relationship...) and I really don't want to share germs with him. I haven't shared the rest of my meal or beverage with him. And did you not hear him say he DIDN'T WANT DESSERT??

Confession: preconceived notions and assumptions drive me batty.

I normally understand the restaurant POV on this--I normally do try to share desserts and it's common for someone to get one and offer a taste to everyone else in my circles, but on my sister's birthday last year I took her out to a restaurant and since we have different taste in desserts we each decided to get one. The server said "oh, you probably don't want two, our desserts are large and meant to be shared." Thanks for shaming us! We went ahead and got both.

How big was it? Last time I shared something with my husband the server said it was really for one person and we shared it... and it was plenty for two! Two brownies, one scoop of ice cream and some whipped cream. I don't know in what world that woman thought it was a 'one person' dessert with two brownies (I only shared that day because I had been craving brownies but didn't want to blow 800 calories on dessert).
    Kalici wrote: »
    I hate splitting dishes with people. Absolutely loathe it. Even if people only take one bite...

I'm ok if we physically split it first though, but otherwise I get pissed if they eat the best bite or something (or eat all the ice cream/whipped cream)... and I'd just rather not have any.

Splitting food is full of nope. I won't touch something if someone else has. It freaks me out. I can't even leave my drink sitting around at a family party because just the idea that someone else accidentally sipped from it freaks me out.

I was tricked into splitting nachos with an acquaintance at a gathering a number of years back. No joke, he ate 90% of the plate by scooping them with his hands directly into gaping mouth. He then proceeded to pay for EXACTLY (down to the penny) half of the nachos (no tip), and had the nerve to ask me whether I was going to eat the scraps that remained.

Hahaha I'm getting annoyed just reading this. Ugh. I hate when parties split the bill equally. I remember once when I had a $7 salad and I ended up having to pay $10 towards the $25 entree that the other people got. I wasn't happy about it. If it was the other way around, I would feel bad for making them pay more than their share.

This reminds me of an episode of Friends. That's a great story, can I eat it?!

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Only very tangentally a fitness-related question...does anyone have experience with DHS deliveries? How likely are they to be on time?

I would love to go out dancing tonight, but I have no dresses that fit me which I have not worn too many times already. I am waiting for a packing which has a bunch of new dresses in it. It is supposed to arrive by end-of-day Pacific today. This morning it was in India. Now it is in Germany. I don't have much hope!

Sorry, I have no experience with that shipping company, but wow - a "bunch"?! How many are we talking? It's like Christmas to yourself! Sounds fun. Share a few pics, maybe?
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    As much as I care about losing weight to be healthy...

I confess more than anything I want to be hot again.

Messed.

Not messed up! I want to be a hot mom!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Confession:

I recently started a new eating regimen of 200g of protein a day to fuel my body for max weight low rep lifting. I don't want to try and piece together information from all the "beginner help me" threads, yet I'm hesitant to start my own thread because of all the lolbroscience responses I'm sure to get.

This is probably the most therapeutic and helpful thread on the MFP forums.

Just sayin..

post 666 is coming.

Correction: This IS the most therapeutic and helpful thread on the MFP forums. IMHO anyway. Nice avatar change, btw!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Sassy_xo wrote: »
    I don't know how to have a healthy relationship with food :/ I restrict myself to under 1,000 for most of the week, then end up binging because I get SO hungry. I know I'm setting myself up for failure, but I'm too scared to eat more than 1,000 every day. Because of this I never actually lose weight. My weight will go down when I restrict and then right back up when I end up over eating :(

I feel so ashamed when I give in and binge. I just hate my body & don't know how to accept it if I eat regularly

Not judging, but that is very bad for your body. Most women need at *least* 1200 calories - those who don't are very very short. I know you are worried, but if your ticker is correct and you only have a few pounds too lose, you really can eat more than you are and still have success. Instead of binging at the end of the week, just work a few extra things in every day little by little. You can do this. :)

I agree. I was going to suggest to write out a plan and don't think about it; just do it:
    Day 1 eat 1025 cals.
    Day 2 eat 1050 cals.
    Day 3 eat 1100 cals. etc.

Or, increase every 3 days instead (Day 1 - 3 1025 cals.; Day 4 - 6 1050 cals., etc.) And tell yourself on those days that this will help you not over do it on the weekends and when the weekend comes, remind yourself that you are already increasing your calories and will have more available to you so no need to binge.

Easier said than done, I know, but I hate to see people struggle like you are. Just take it step-by-step.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

I used to cut and paste links to show people their own foolishness, but I'm on an outdated version of Firefox (and too lazy to fix it) and there's a conflict with Facebook, so I can't cut and paste in the comments. I'm forced to type out any links I want to reference.

Confession: I'm such an *kitten* with my need to correct disinformation that I will type out full links, sometimes a hundred characters long, into comments because dammit(!), someone on the internet is wrong!

They can't put anything on the internet that's not true.
    px3yj31qj2sk.gif
    It always amazes me how many people keep posting stupid stuff long after it's been shown to be false! I immediately jump to snopes.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I'm the only one out of my group of friends who's really stuck to the diet/exercising plan we all agreed on 2 months ago, and now they're higher than their SW and I'm -30 lbs. And I feel a little happy about it, in a very twisted way.

If it's any consolation, I started higher than they did, but now I'm a little less than my highest-weight friend.

Pride. I believe the word you are looking for is "pride" because you should not feel badly about this - you should be proud of yourself! Good job - celebrate!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

I don't know that I'd ever heard of it before MFP...
    I'm just curious how so many people have access to it if it's an Italian thing...I've certainly never seen it at the store.
    And for those in my boat (lack of gelato) where's the love for ice cream at??
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

"Fact checking" are words that do not exist in a lot of people's vocabulary these days. However, "overs share immediately" seem to be very common. (Not true of everyone, of course; just an annoying few.)