Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ZenSakura
    ZenSakura Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm more self-conscious about my ginormous forehead than I am about being morbidly obese. Don't get me wrong, I hate the excess weight and am diligently working on losing it, but...my forehead makes me feel like a freak of nature.
  • notanotherjohnson
    notanotherjohnson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    mwm158 wrote: »
    I'm unhappy. I determined that if I'm busy, I don't notice. I started working 75+ hours a week so I'm always busy and don't have time to think about anything. I don't know where the last 6 years went. They are a blur, and I'm still unhappy.

me too.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

I'm in Canada and I've never heard of any of them either. But I don't have kids and my friends' kids are all adults now, so that may partially explain it.

Most of these are adult games,not kid games. My kid can just happen to play one of them.

There is a whole world of board games beyond monopoly and other dreck. Target has been carrying more of them lately too!

My friends and I spent the night playing Risk. Until you figure it out its rough then you get it. We had a blast.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Not only did I run a half marathon today, I also managed to roller skate at my grandson's birthday party!

Of course, I made up for that by eating everything I could get my hands on- breakfast, second breakfast, pizza, ice cream, cupcake, steak, the list goes on...
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    ZenSakura wrote: »
    Confession: I'm more self-conscious about my ginormous forehead than I am about being morbidly obese. Don't get me wrong, I hate the excess weight and am diligently working on losing it, but...my forehead makes me feel like a freak of nature.

Tyra banks has a large forehead and she's a (retired) supermodel. You're probably the only one who really notices. If it really bugs you, get some bangs cut.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK and never heard of them either :)

Start with episode 1, feel free to skip the gag reels if you only want to learn about the games. Do not recommend watching the Cards Against Humanity episode with children within 1/2 mile of the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9QtdiRJYro&list=PLjlanA-WHoosCHXmaDqZMjTGTyfAl0Jrj

It was Castle Panic day here today. Someday we'll win *sigh*
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    cranor130 wrote: »

I agree Kalici! I am jealous often!
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Same here. I am only 5'0". My losing calories is 1,200 and my maintenance is only 1,500 (TDEE; if I input exercise 5 times per week, it is 1,800). :( I get so jealous of taller people who get to eat more.

I am 5'0" as well. Short jealous people unite!

5'1 me three. I love being short for all other reasons than having to eat less/work harder to burn alories
  • ZenSakura
    ZenSakura Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    schelly81 wrote: »

Tyra banks has a large forehead and she's a (retired) supermodel. You're probably the only one who really notices. If it really bugs you, get some bangs cut.

I'm sure you're probably right about other people not really noticing much, and I try to tell myself that. Unfortunately, my hairline sits pretty far back and there is a cowlick-y area there, as well, so bangs are not an option for me. Tried regular and side-swept bangs in the past, and it just wasn't happening. Hopefully I'll just come to terms with it at some point. :)
  • cheezels83
    cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am drinking coffee hoping like hell I can finally go to the loo... this new diet and exercise lark has left me... well... heavier than usual :-) I am considering not weighing myself tomorrow until I can "go".
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty happy with myself
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    BTW, there ia only one "E" in "judgment."
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options

I'm surprised (but pleased!) that they're still developing board games for an adult market. Thought the computer gaming industry would have killed that dead, good to know it's still thriving.

The last time I played an interactive game was a murder mystery thing at a professional dinner years ago. Other than that, just Candy Crush on my phone, lol.

Have you (or anyone else who hasn't heard of any of the games that we listed) heard of Settlers of Catan? That is like "the gateway game" to these types of games. Most famous one. They have it at Target.

This modern/new board gaming originated in Germany so it's often called "German-style board games".

If anyone watched Parks & Rec, Ben's game "The Cones of Dunshire" was a parody/homage of this type of game. Hubby and I almost busted a gut in the finale when his expansion pack was called "punishingly intricate" in a review and he was thrilled. Now not all of these games are punishingly intricate but it was funny if you like this sort of thing. ..... but you probably had to be there >.>

We're a bit snobby toward stuff like Monopoly and Risk :P

.... SHUT UP, ME
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    cheezels83 wrote: »
    I am drinking coffee hoping like hell I can finally go to the loo... this new diet and exercise lark has left me... well... heavier than usual :-) I am considering not weighing myself tomorrow until I can "go".

Yeah I wouldn't weigh either until you can go. That restroom trip sometimes makes a big difference on the scale.

CONFESSION
    I ate pretty terrible on thursday and friday. I didn't want to be honest with myself on everything I ate. But yesterday I finally added all the food I really ate on those calories and now seeing how much i went over has motivated me to keep pushing on and to not keep giving in to temptation.

Since Easter its kind of been a downward spiral.

• GalactusEmpire
    GalactusEmpire Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @GalactusEmpire marry me, I will leave my hubby ASAP
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My guy friends tease me and say I would make a great housewife. And honestly, I agree with them. I would totally be an amazing housewife.

If that is true @GalactusEmpire , you are every woman's dream.

Thanks girls. Haha. Just toss me the polka dot apron. If you need me, I'll be in the kitchen baking something delicious.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    BTW, there ia only one "E" in "judgment."

Actually, both are acceptable. Judgment is the more typical American spelling, and judgement the more typical UK spelling (don't know about Canada or other English speaking countries). Weirdly, however, and something I only just learned, judgment is the more typical spelling in the legal usage (final judgment was entered by the court on April 10) even in the UK.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »

Yeah I wouldn't weigh either until you can go. That restroom trip sometimes makes a big difference on the scale.

CONFESSION
    I ate pretty terrible on thursday and friday. I didn't want to be honest with myself on everything I ate. But yesterday I finally added all the food I really ate on those calories and now seeing how much i went over has motivated me to keep pushing on and to not keep giving in to temptation.

Same here! But more from depression and apathy than anything else. :( My Friday and Saturday look horrible!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I'm surprised (but pleased!) that they're still developing board games for an adult market. Thought the computer gaming industry would have killed that dead, good to know it's still thriving.

The last time I played an interactive game was a murder mystery thing at a professional dinner years ago. Other than that, just Candy Crush on my phone, lol.

Have you (or anyone else who hasn't heard of any of the games that we listed) heard of Settlers of Catan? That is like "the gateway game" to these types of games. Most famous one. They have it at Target.

This modern/new board gaming originated in Germany so it's often called "German-style board games".

If anyone watched Parks & Rec, Ben's game "The Cones of Dunshire" was a parody/homage of this type of game. Hubby and I almost busted a gut in the finale when his expansion pack was called "punishingly intricate" in a review and he was thrilled. Now not all of these games are punishingly intricate but it was funny if you like this sort of thing. ..... but you probably had to be there >.>

We're a bit snobby toward stuff like Monopoly and Risk :P

.... SHUT UP, ME

I had never heard of these games. I played Risk as a child and had bought it years ago. Finally decided to take it out of cellophane and try it. Figuring it out taxed my pea brain last night but once we had it we were having a lot of fun. I did drop this Settlers game into my shopping cart at Amazon. Maybe after we figure Risk out we will give this a try.
  • shawnaes91
    shawnaes91 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »

CONFESSION

Same here! But more from depression and apathy than anything else. :( My Friday and Saturday look horrible!

The good thing is we can do better today though and keep working on it. :)

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

No, haven't heard of that one either. The rule of thumb is, if they don't advertise it on Discovery Velocity, I won't know about it. Lol.

And, as of last month, Canada has no Target. It didn't last long here, maybe a year or two.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options

harriyot wrote: »
    Oh dear I need to confess this one... I hate my boss and also have a rather horrendous gas problem (long story - serious GI issues - awaiting surgery). Whenever she pisses me off I walk past her and release a noxious one. Not immediately - I bide my time and brew up a big one. She dare not say anything because she knows it's due to a serious medical condition. Sometimes I feel a little bit evil.

You are awesome and hilarious