Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    shawnaes91 wrote: »
    cheezels83 wrote: »
    I am drinking coffee hoping like hell I can finally go to the loo... this new diet and exercise lark has left me... well... heavier than usual :-) I am considering not weighing myself tomorrow until I can "go".

Yeah I wouldn't weigh either until you can go. That restroom trip sometimes makes a big difference on the scale.

CONFESSION
    I ate pretty terrible on thursday and friday. I didn't want to be honest with myself on everything I ate. But yesterday I finally added all the food I really ate on those calories and now seeing how much i went over has motivated me to keep pushing on and to not keep giving in to temptation.

Since Easter its kind of been a downward spiral.

Same here! But more from depression and apathy than anything else. :( My Friday and Saturday look horrible!

The good thing is we can do better today though and keep working on it. :)

That's true. Today is going to be quite a struggle (for me, at least), but here's to a good day for both of us! :)
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    five1113 wrote: »
    I purge after eating something ridiculously unhealthy, and yes, I know it's equally unhealthy to do that, but the guilt kills me. I do this maybe only twice a month, and I'm not in no way encouraging this, I need to learn to just not eat things I know will make me want to purge. Sidenote: this was hard to admit to. :(

I would often do this too. It is like your saviour and your punishment. I have forced myself not to do it by telling myself I must live with the shame and the consequences of eating that second choco taco right before bed. Taking ownership for the downfall helps me not make those same poor choices again...sometimes
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I confess to being a total geek. I try to pass for a mundane but little things (like the Adipose avatar) usually give me away. I met my husband at a Sci-Fi convention. I still play Dungeons and Dragons and participate in LARPs. I am a big fan of Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star Wars and just about every other sci-fi inspired show or movie. I used to LOVE cosplay but since gaining weight I have been to embarrassed to participate. I miss dressing up with my friends as X-Men, Avengers, comic book "Bad Girls" or anything else that tickled our fancy. Instead I have started using my children as dolls. My four-year-old made the cutest 11th Dr. but it isn't the same.

I survived last night's D&D game despite all the crappy (yummy) snacks on the table with carrots, celery and some guacamole all because I'm going to wear a freakin' costume in August. Maybe an old one or maybe I'll make something new but by god I'll be gettin' my geek on.
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have been doing so well as of late with what I eat and I have not gone over at all. This morning I decided to treat myself to a doughnut on my way to work and made sure it was within my normal breakfast cals. I got to work and there were cupcakes in the break room from my favorite bakery... before I could talk myself out of it, I had already eaten one. Oh well just means my evening walk will be a little longer today. Dang you cravings!!

• infinitysmuse
    infinitysmuse Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I confess to being a total geek. I try to pass for a mundane but little things (like the Adipose avatar) usually give me away. I met my husband at a Sci-Fi convention. I still play Dungeons and Dragons and participate in LARPs. I am a big fan of Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star Wars and just about every other sci-fi inspired show or movie. I used to LOVE cosplay but since gaining weight I have been to embarrassed to participate. I miss dressing up with my friends as X-Men, Avengers, comic book "Bad Girls" or anything else that tickled our fancy. Instead I have started using my children as dolls. My four-year-old made the cutest 11th Dr. but it isn't the same.

I survived last night's D&D game despite all the crappy (yummy) snacks on the table with carrots, celery and some guacamole all because I'm going to wear a freakin' costume in August. Maybe an old one or maybe I'll make something new but by god I'll be gettin' my geek on.

If you havent yet, check out the thread "your geekery for today"
    And dont worry, youre not the only one :)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    New confession. I know, I'm supposed to be all rah rah bacon about everything, because keto. I just saw a post on fb of bacon wrapped oreos.

Oreoes.jpg

I think I'm going to keep that picture around for any time I want to completely kill my appetite. (no offense if you're into that sorta thing)

Ick! This doesn't look appetizing to me at all, but I'm one of those people that likes my sweets to be sweet and my savory to be savory - no mixing!
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    So.... *secretive whisper*.... do you guys think I should go for the $35 box of 12? :o

If you've never tried quest bars before, I wouldn't buy a whole box. I tried several flavors a couple of months ago and was not impressed. They tasted like the old protein bars I used to eat back in the late 90's. Not a fan.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    My guy friends tease me and say I would make a great housewife. And honestly, I agree with them. I would totally be an amazing housewife.

Your guy friends are idiots. lol
    "Women's work" vs "men's work" belongs in the 1950's.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    New confession. I know, I'm supposed to be all rah rah bacon about everything, because keto. I just saw a post on fb of bacon wrapped oreos.

Oreoes.jpg

I think I'm going to keep that picture around for any time I want to completely kill my appetite. (no offense if you're into that sorta thing)

Ick! This doesn't look appetizing to me at all, but I'm one of those people that likes my sweets to be sweet and my savory to be savory - no mixing!

it looks less like bacon and more like cabbage leaves
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Oreoes.jpg

I have the same thought every time I see the pic, there's a strange orangey redness that reminds me of the tomato sauce on cabbage rolls, not cooked bacon.

But either way... bleccchhhh.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    ZenSakura wrote: »
    schelly81 wrote: »

Tyra banks has a large forehead and she's a (retired) supermodel. You're probably the only one who really notices. If it really bugs you, get some bangs cut.

I'm sure you're probably right about other people not really noticing much, and I try to tell myself that. Unfortunately, my hairline sits pretty far back and there is a cowlick-y area there, as well, so bangs are not an option for me. Tried regular and side-swept bangs in the past, and it just wasn't happening. Hopefully I'll just come to terms with it at some point. :)

Wow, I could have written this. I have a high forehead with cowlicks on both sides. I've never been able to wear bangs, either regular or side swept. I'm 50, and it still is something that bothers me a lot. But hopefully we notice it more than anyone else.

• Janevien67
    Janevien67 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I had an awful binge week (yes, a week).. And what is worse is that I also had a binge week in the beginning of March. I lost some weight a couple of months ago but then gained most of it back (about 5 kilos). I know I've gained some due to those binge weeks as well and I hope I can manage and get back to my healthy eating and shed those extra kilos I've gained.. I know food does not solve problems but it certainly feels like it helps me deal with current personal issues. I'm aware that's not true and hope to have the willpower (which I seem to be lacking right now) to get back to healthy eating and hopefully lose the weight.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Oreoes.jpg

I have the same thought every time I see the pic, there's a strange orangey redness that reminds me of the tomato sauce on cabbage rolls, not cooked bacon.

THIS is my reaction. I am all for a bit of savory with my sweets--had some delightful chocolate and toffee covered matzah at my book club yesterday, and the bit of salt was the key. Bacon, though, is overused for this purpose (and, sorry, but a little overrated these days), so I'm not predisposed to begin with, but the main problem with this horrible-looking dish is that it appears to be covered with tomato sauce or something, the color is weird. And the bacon looks soggy, not crispy.

Ugh!

(Too judgy?)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Oreoes.jpg

THIS is my reaction. I am all for a bit of savory with my sweets--had some delightful chocolate and toffee covered matzah at my book club yesterday, and the bit of salt was the key. Bacon, though, is overused for this purpose (and, sorry, but a little overrated these days), so I'm not predisposed to begin with, but the main problem with this horrible-looking dish is that it appears to be covered with tomato sauce or something, the color is weird. And the bacon looks soggy, not crispy.

Ugh!

(Too judgy?)

I think judging food is acceptable. ;) I want my savory to be savory and my sweet to be sweet! I'm completely against fruit in salad and sugar in my food (ala sloppy joes and baked beans) for that reason, but I definitely like a little sprinkle of salt in my cookies and my oatmeal... It just rounds out the flavor so perfectly! :)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Oreoes.jpg

Ugh!

(Too judgy?)

Nope. I get inundated with recipes for everything wrapped in bacon, and they all have one thing in common - the bacon will not cook completely. All those bacon weave/wrap/etc things on Pinterest have a layer of uncooked bacon inside. About the only exception is when it's small things, with a thin layer of bacon evenly distributed, on something like a Foreman or a waffle iron. Asparagus wrapped individually in bacon works, chicken breasts...the inner layer of bacon is half-raw and gummy unless you overcook the chicken.
  • punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm making cupcakes!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    knt217 wrote: »
    I ate Indian takeout tonight with my husband. He was supposed to be out of town, and I had my meal all planned...but then he didn't leave and I didn't have dinner for both of us and he wanted Indian, so I caved. I have no idea how many calories I ate. I probably had about a cup or cup and a half of rice, half a pint container of chicken tikki masala, and a half order of naan. I logged it picking the highest values and think I put in overestimated quantities. It was good, but I feel guilty, and I'm still hungry.

Did you have mango lassi? Not having one is the only thing to feel guilty about

THIS.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I hate the idea of bacon with sweet things.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    The bf and I shared some cheesy chips as part of dinner tonight. That isn't my confession... My confession is that once I had my half on my plate I took the cheese off the chips and weighed them both separately so I could work out the calories before putting them back together to eat! Bf thinks I'm insane, but is also pleased as he'd been overestimating the actual calorie count for the portion.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have eaten 7,344 calories since Friday afternoon. I did not work out Friday. I did not work out Saturday and here it is Sunday and I don't plan to work out. I went to Walgreen's yesterday and bought a sh-tload of Easter candy at 70% off. I don't know why I went, I should not have it in the house and now I have baggie after baggie of the stuff, plus some big chocolate bunnies. (some of the stuff is in the downstairs freezer)

I feel horrible about myself right now. I don't know how to just eat 'normal' it seems. It's always all or nothing.
    *sigh*
    Signed,
    a big fat loser.