Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Good parenting confession here:

My 14yo (nearly 15) daughter is reading "A Game of Thrones" (Book one of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" for all you folks who only watch the TV series) and we are letting her watch the series with us (so far, due to schedules, we've only watched the first one of the series).

My now 12yo has been watching RuPaul's Drag Race with me on and off since season 1. I tend to fall in the if it's not killing them, they'll be fine, school of parenting.

I've let my 9 year old watch The Walking Dead with me because I go to the same parenting school. He thinks he's the coolest kid ever.

I have three male teenagers and when they were young, 1st grade plus, they watched nearly everything I watched. I never hid them from any of the supposedly grown up stuff...Horror, Sci-fi, movies with adult situations, pretty much anything. I guess only time will tell, but they are currently 3 very well behaved, well rounded, and intelligent individuals capable of making decisions and have their own minds and ideas. They are my favorite people.

Haha, this reminds me of a situation my husband was in, for my (now grown) daughters 12th birthday she had a slumber party. One of the girls brought a movie for them to watch and they were watching it in the family room (I cannot remember what movie) and my husband went downstairs to get a snack and sat down in the family room with the 6 twelve-ish year old girls and a very steamy sex scene (no real nudity but lots of heated passion) came up in the movie. He says to this day that was the most awkward moment of raising our daughter he ever experienced. He did not want to draw attention to himself by getting up to leave, but was very uncomfortable watching this with them.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Whilst sitting here at my desk, hungry because I lowered my calories and cut out my mid-morning snack I have just looked back at the last week and realised they all say I have 500-600 calories left because my Misfit hasn't updated until the end of the day when I am asleep. So, now I'm wondering if I can have my 25g of almonds back because I've been swimming and my Misfit won't tell me I can eat more until I'm asleep tonight. :disappointed:

I would say yes. But I also tend to also believe in 'calories in/out' on a WEEKLY basis is valid.

@Lois_1989 - I think you remember saying you are at about 1200 calories per day and then you are burning 500 - 600 with exercise, which from your above post it sounds like you aren't eating back. So, are you saying your net calorie intake is like 600 or 700 calories? If I understood everything correctly, then EAT THE ALMONDS!!!

If not, then I apologize!
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Confession- I am a county employee. I dislike the county administrator so much that I want to punch him in the neck every time I see him. He is such an a**!
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I was puppy-dog-eyeing the super delicious battered mozzarella sticks on display in the cafeteria when I went to grab the chicken for my sandwich and the cook saw me and tried talking me into them. I declined, and told him how I'd made a cake for the office today and we're eating it after lunch so I just couldn't (we're friendly with each other, so it wasn't just me oversharing lol).

He turned to the where the orders were being assembled and grabbed a single stick and handed it to me. He said "There ya go, I'm sure that'll hit the spot, and you can still have your cake."

Seriously made my day.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: it drives me absolutely nuts (ie. totally jealous) when ppl whine about NOT being able to eat 1,000 calories in a day. i never say anthing out of fear of being destroyed in the forums, but it's mind boggling to me. are you living on cotton-balls soaked in vinegar? what am i missing?! tell me how to not be hungry all the time!
    This is me very rarely, when I'm super super stressed. Yesterday I only had an iced cappuccino from Tim Hortons and did not feel an ounce of hunger, just nausea. Not recommended :P

A while back people were talking about Tim Hortons and feeling like the only Canadians who didn't like it. I'm American, but I agree that they don't have very good donuts. I CRAVE KRISPY KREME UP HERE! I do, however, like their iced capps. Mmm.

see, i'm the total opposite, i'm a stress eater. a massive stress eater...omnomnom

i actually....hate krispy kreme *hides*
    i think the glaze is gross.
    we have a regional (i'm in northeast PA) donut chain called curry donuts. they are made of yum, and unlike dunkin, you don't end up with that later of grease goop on the roof of your mouth. woot!
    That's how I feel with the Tim Hortons iced caps. The use an oil based "whipped cream" that leaves your mouth feeling filmy. I would choose a Starbucks Frappacino (tall) over Timmy's everytime. (I am addicted to Starbucks's Star Reward program....need my stars!.. Need to maintain my Gold status!!!)
    shannonbun wrote: »
    I went running outside for the first time today, cos y'know, I was feeling good about myself... while running through campus, someone yelled out of their car, "RUN, FAT GIRL!!" I wanted to flip off the chick who yelled so badly, but she was in a car, so obviously she got away.

Come say that to my face and we'll see just how fast you can run. Grrrrr...

I had a similar experience last year while riding my bike. My hubby thought it was hilarious but I didn't let him know it bothered me as much as it did.

Kalici wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So, the first part of this week, I was at my DD's new school that she will be transferring to in the Fall. She still has 2 years left. Conservatively, this will be $25k per year out of my pocket (we don't qualify for financial aid).

Confession: I'm bitter. I think school should be free or cheap for ALL students.

Ok I'm confused... aren't there public schools in Tennessee?

crosbylee wrote: »
    I am not into the whole competitive parent thing, like who's throwing the biggest birthday party for their five year old. So far I have asked my daughter, what she wants to do for her birthday. It ususally is nothing big, just a simple theme party and then have everyone jump in our tiny backyard pool. She was born in July so it's almost perfect for it. As long as she is happy with the plans, we go with it. Of course, she is considering Chuck E Cheese this year.

I'm not taking my kids to Chuck E Cheese parties anymore, let alone hosting one, lol. No thanks. My kids are February kids unfortunately so this year we didn't even have a party, I'm not spending $400 for a party anymore (plus I have twins, and they are only allowed to invite the whole class, good luck finding a place that can host up to 50 children!). Looking forward to when they have a few close friends and they can just invite them to the house...

Why?

So situations don't arise where a single student from the entire class isn't invited (it has happened) and they feel singled out.
    I don't know if I necessarily agree with this but then I don't have kids yet so what do I know. I remember not getting invites to parties when I was in school just like the whole class wasn't invited to mine. Sometimes I feel, as a society we are raising generations of sissies who can't handle losing or rejection. In life there are winners and losers and when you start working for a living, your boss isn't going to care if you feel if you are being left out.

@ladybuggnorris, my prayers to you and your family.

It is now 4:20 a.m and I am caught up on the thread. I wish my office was open so I could just go work. I am only an hour away from my regular wake up time anyway so no point in trying to get back to sleep.

I have the Starbucks reward program, also and I got an email yesterday re: mother's day gifts. They have a ceramic and silver Starbucks card for $200.00! Just for the card! Who would pay that???

And amen to your comment about kids! Sounds like you DO what you're talking about.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    And luckily, she always offers the uneaten bits to our boyfriend first, and he rarely says no, so I don't embarrass myself with a hoover impression (however much i might want to).

Is this a typo or a reference to some boyfriend-sharing scheme? Like, are you confessing to being a member of a harem? Lol.

not a typo. We are a closed polyamorous triad. Wasn't intended to be a confession lol. Definitely not a harem. The first line of my post references my girlfriend.

I was curious about this as well, so thank you for the explanation!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I went running outside for the first time today, cos y'know, I was feeling good about myself... while running through campus, someone yelled out of their car, "RUN, FAT GIRL!!" I wanted to flip off the chick who yelled so badly, but she was in a car, so obviously she got away.

I love your attitude towards her. I wish I could toughen up my skin and be more like you! If someone were to yell that at me while I was out running, I probably would have gone straight home and pigged out on all the food while crying under some blankets. I feel quite pathetic... I'm hoping some more self confidence will be granted to me once I lose some weight.

Why do people have to be so mean to others? Her comment was just completely unnecessary and rude.

You CAN! If you want to be that way, you keep telling yourself you are until it happens.

And, noooooooo! That is backwards! Again, you find your self-confidence - it's in there dying to get out. You become a self-confident person right now because the size and shape of your "shell" (your body) does not determine your self-worth. I also agree with @harpsdesire's response. Very well said!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession bomb.....

I had hardly any dinner last night and woke up 2 lbs lighter this AM, I cycled almost 20 miles yesterday but am still afraid to log it in case I gain it back today/tonight.

My primary source of exercise is cycling where I commute to work. Every morning it works like this.. wake up, tell myself I'm not gonna ride because I am too tired. Then as I wake up and get my daughter up and moving (single dad with full custody), I go on and prep then cycle in to work... but on days I can't ride due to weather (like today) I beat myself up over it. Between homework, dinner, bath, bedtime... after work is usually too busy to squeeze in an hour long ride.

I also didn't realize a 40+ yr old men could have such hard times dating. I don't consider myself ugly (maybe THAT is the problem LOLOL) I'm starting to feel like I've been Punk'd.

Sorry you're having trouble with the dating, but being a single dad with full custody is an enormous job. You will find the right person when it is time. In the meantime you don't need to deal with all the crazies out there. The grass is NOT always greener on the other side! You may realize you don't want to make changes to your and your daughter's lives to accommodate someone else right now.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I drank some great scotch last night with a friend, didn't get home until around midnight or so. I am tired and cranky yet very happy. It's a weird mix of emotions guys!

Is that the result of the scotch or the company??? Or both?
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I will never understand why people think it's okay or funny to make comments like that. I hope you don't let her deter you from running again.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    schle009 wrote: »
    I have eaten an entire bag of anises today. I have gained back 17 lbs that I lost because I can't say no to cookies :(

Phonetically a bag of anises sounds like it'd taste like crap. Lol puns.

LOL
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I drank some great scotch last night with a friend, didn't get home until around midnight or so. I am tired and cranky yet very happy. It's a weird mix of emotions guys!

Is that the result of the scotch or the company??? Or both?

I suspect both, it's been awhile since I can hangout with a friend and not worry about goofing off and it becoming a big deal. (I'm living in a City that I didn't grow up in, I work in a small office and lately my friends are my boyfriends friends. It can be a bit lonely at times) :)
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    schle009 wrote: »
    I have eaten an entire bag of anises today. I have gained back 17 lbs that I lost because I can't say no to cookies :(

Phonetically a bag of anises sounds like it'd taste like crap. Lol puns.

LOL

wordplay = foreplay
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Anyone able to make sense of the "McDonald's weight loss" thread? So very confusing. Now that same person just started a "mean people" thread on the Motivation & Support board.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I have no friends, I never TEXT or have a face book. No siblings.

You're not alone :disappointed: the only contacts I have in my phone is family and work contacts, and it's probably a good thing you don't have facebook, because all I do is look at what other people are doing and what I wasn't invited out to do. It's even more depressing. I am seriously considering deleting my page. I have siblings, but we don't really communicate. We live separate lives...

It'll be alright, you will make friends, you never know what is around the corner. :)

I hate facebook- got rid of it three years ago and don't miss it one bit! I actually have no social media profiles- this is as social online as it gets haha. I don't have a ton of close friends but I have 3 brothers and a sister who are all close to me in age and they're my best friends.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Good parenting confession here:

My 14yo (nearly 15) daughter is reading "A Game of Thrones" (Book one of the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" for all you folks who only watch the TV series) and we are letting her watch the series with us (so far, due to schedules, we've only watched the first one of the series).

My now 12yo has been watching RuPaul's Drag Race with me on and off since season 1. I tend to fall in the if it's not killing them, they'll be fine, school of parenting.

I agree. Just my opinion, but it's all this helicopter parenting stuff that is the cause of a lot of problems for kids these days.

Yes I totally agree with this! Kids aren't learning to do for themselves anymore- Mommy and Daddy have it all taken care of!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Should we have some kind of ceremony for page 500?
  • ShibaEars
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel, as a society we are raising generations of sissies who can't handle losing or rejection. In life there are winners and losers and when you start working for a living, your boss isn't going to care if you feel if you are being left out.

AGREED. This "everyone gets a trophy" crap, etc. is ridiculous. Your kid isn't going to be friends with the entire class.

When I was in 10th grade, party invites got passed around our lunch table and out of the six of us, I was the only one not invited. Then the girl invited me because she felt bad; I declined because if I was wanted there, I would have been invited to begin with. It was awkward and embarrassing in the moment, but I got over it.

I think inviting out of pity or to prevent hurt feelings is not the lesser of two evils in this case.

I went through something similar. I was excluded, then got a pity invite, then had to sit through the group of them doing a vote to see who wanted me there.

I found new friends shortly after.

ETA: I got a little off topic. I don't agree with participation trophies, I hated getting things like that as a kid because I knew I didn't do anything to earn it. (But I will say I LOVE getting the medals they give out at fun runs now. They are really just participation medals but they're fun. And I suppose I did accomplish something, because I wasn't forced to participate.)

While I don't expect everyone to be invited to every event, hopefully the ones going are not cruelly rubbing it in the faces of those who are excluded.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Can it involve cake?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

YES!! Preferably one involving a creative combination of cheesecake, chocolate and sprinkles. I <3 sprinkles.