Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I haven't been tracking (on purpose), or exercising (not on purpose), or eating lunch or sleeping well (also not on purpose) for about a week now as I have been super stressed with work. I weighed my self this morning and was a pound down. But I had pizza for dinner tonight. Saturday is my regular weigh day and if it bounces back up because of my increased sodium, I am going to record today's weight to log the loss.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

haha. You don't have ketchup chips?

I have never even heard of ketchup chips until today.

Neither have I.

I saw them at my store once and my first thought was "Oh my god. That's disgusting. Who would eat a ketchup flavored chip"

Bad Canadian checking in to say that ketchup chips are probably the most popular flavour here - if you're at a party, whether you're five or fifty years old, if there are chips there they are probably ketchup - but I think they're gross.

All-Dressed and Dill Pickle, on the other hand, are delicious and I think also mainly in Canada.

I also don't like Tim Hortons, "Canadian" pizza (which always has back bacon and mushroom), Montreal smoked meat, or Molson beer, but somehow or other they've let me keep my citizenship.

In the part of Canada in which I live it will be sour cream and onion rather than ketchup. And our Canadian pizza has regular bacon.

But I agree, Molson beer is gross. It has a weird aftertaste.
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    I haven't been tracking (on purpose), or exercising (not on purpose), or eating lunch or sleeping well (also not on purpose) for about a week now as I have been super stressed with work. I weighed my self this morning and was a pound down. But I had pizza for dinner tonight. Saturday is my regular weigh day and if it bounces back up because of my increased sodium, I am going to record today's weight to log the loss.

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow instead of Sunday. I'm having about 10 Gibson's finest to try to kill a cold and I should be nicely dehydrated tomorrow morning. I'll still weigh on Sunday and if it's not too bad I'll record that one but ttom is coming and I like my 2 lb losses.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Work was so weird and annoying today that I ate an ice cream bar instead of my fruit salad. All the talking about savory foods in here makes me crave it so I'm gonna have some salty crackers now and since it's Friday I'll add a glass of white wine too.

I worked early today & wanted a Dairy Queen Blizzard. I went to lunch at a weird time & figured since Dairy Queen wouldn't be opened I would just eat my boring salad:(.

Which one did you want?
    salembambi wrote: »
    its made me lol that other Canadians think that Canada doesnt have products other countries dont

thats my confession

also maple cookies are a million times better than oreos

This times a million. I could eat a whole box of those without regrets but only chow down on oreos when I'm desperate.
  • snowdevilgirl
    snowdevilgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    With everyone mentioning ice cream i had some tonight..
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm now behind by 191 pages in this thread. Back here on page 223 it's March 25 at 10:29 a.m. I'm writing from the past to report that my prediction did in fact come true.

Alas, I fear this may be the closest any of us ever gets to 'experiencing' a form of time travel... ;)

Lorraine, please say, "hi!" to the 'me' from back then (I'm SO different now... ;P ). ;)

Oh, and allow me to be the first to say, "hello!" to you now ('pre-emptively', I suppose ;) ), for whenever it is you happen to make it 'here', at this point in the future-as-you-now-know-it, but for which this point will later be known to others as "the past"... but which currently represents the 'here and now' (not to be confused with the saying, "that's neither here nor there", mind you, as hearing anyone ever say that results in my thinking, "then where the heck IS it?!"... ;P ). ;)

(A toast -- to better tomorrows! -- which will later be our yesterdays! -- and then ultimately Lorraine's todays! ;) )

Hi qn4(something about piano keys)aifd! I just made it to this spot in the thread. I'm pleased to report I finally lost the 2 pounds I gained eating shortbread and ice cream at that conference. (Maybe a little bit of regret still, but no permanent harm done.) Back here on April 20, 133 pages back on this thread, things are sunny and beautiful, and you look great qn4! Have you lost weight?

A fine hello to you, Lorraine! Short time, no hear, my dear! :)

(Oh, and truth be told... when I pretended to 'play the piano', it more resembled a form of incompetent harp playing, if I say so myself... :p )

Regarding the shortbread and ice cream diet ;) -- a hearty congratulations to you, on the post-consumption reversal! (No harm, no foul, I say... :) )

So... it's April 20 where you are, is it...? A fine day that was (I said, as though I actually recalled its marvelousness... ;) ) (Actually, I think we were still being 'entertained' by unseasonably cold weather, downpours, occasional snowfall, overnight lows in the 20s and 30s, and downright inaccurate meteorological forecasts (i.e. loads of 'fun' ;) ))

...and as for the reality of sunny and beautiful weather... it certainly is that (albeit now... on this beauteous May-8-masquerading-as-April-20 in your 'neck of the woods' and 'nexus of time'... ;) )

And I thank you up and down a string of tomorrows (and today, in fact! :p ) for the delightful compliment, and for noticing my weight loss... as it turns out, I have, indeed, lost weight (and in fact... I have refrained from modifying my MFP 'tracker' (so to speak), out of an almost superstitious 'uncomfortability' at the thought of doing so -- as though in officially updating the weight, and therefore, the number of pounds lost, I might somehow 'tempt' Murphy (of Murphy's Law fame) into 'reversing the trend'... and thus... and as though 'keeping my cards held close'... I have modified nary a pound-based 'setting' within MFP, and thus the loss is practically 'stealth', and 'undercover'... ;) ).

...and in case you were wondering... I've been in contact with a book publisher, regarding our mutually-pitched concept for creative 'menus'... and in addition to the shortbread and ice cream 'Confectionery Conference Concept', I've added my 'Just Discovered Yesterday Idea for Heaven on Earth' -- in which I needed to quickly ingest some peanut butter and whole grain bread (after doing an obscene amount of yardwork, and having blood sugar levels that were screaming, "are you frickin' *kidding* us?!"... and... in finding it the 'perfect' time for some of those tiny chocolate chip cookies (that are deemed "bite size" (they'd probably be considered akin to the size of a "large" pizza, for little dolls populating a dollhouse (I said, as though that actually lent itself to being anything but 'clear as mud' ;) )))... I summarily nibble-chewed on those tiny cookies, and began eating the peanut butter -covered bread... when -- all at once! -- a 'lightbulb moment' was upon me... and in seeing the little 'crumbs' in the bowl I'd had the tiny cookies... I proceeded to (and in an almost trance-like 'state' ;) ) carefully 'shower' the tiny crumbs atop the remaining peanut butter -loved bread :) -- and then tasted my confabulation... and... IT. WAS. GLORIOUS!!! Chocolate chip cookie crumb -sprinkled peanut butter... holy freaking COW... (it was a moment when time practically stood still (which likely would have been rather disorienting to you -- what with your making your way to the 'present', which will be 'in the past', by the time it represents your 'future'... :p ))

Anyway... I figure we'll likely be doing the talk show circuit, to promote this most unexpected bit of culinary fame that has 'visited' us... :)

I'll have my people get with your people, to figure out what'd work best, schedule-wise... (oh, and I've already submitted our diva-like 'list of demands', when it comes to food and beverages which are to be in the 'green room' of any television studio we might be interviewed in... I've included shortbread and ice cream on yours... and have conveyed my 'must haves' of tiny chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter (we're going to be crumb-covered messes, I predict (lol ;) )).

I'll leave you messages 'here and there', from this point on... (almost like a 'trail of breadcrumbs', to be encountered as you make your way to the present/past ;) )

And lastly... and in keeping with the resurrected/omnipresent bacon themes that can be found woven throughout this thread since time immemorial... the following is a blog post regarding "Bacon Chocolate Shortbread Ice Cream Sandwiches" (holy mother of dairy! -- pray, tell, what for art though concocting next?!)...

http://www.confessionsofachocoholic.com/chocolate/bacon-chocolate-shortbread-ice-cream-sandwiches

...and as for my chocolate chip -iness... the following is a recipe for "Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Candied Bacon" (wth?!)...

http://www.confessionsofachocoholic.com/chocolate/chocolate-banana-bread-candied-bacon

Carry on, my friend! :)

Until next time, Lorraine! May your thread travels be merry! :)
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am resenting my family that is talking about getting another dog already when the one we lost hasn't even been dead a full 48 hours yet.

I also feel guilty for not seeing the signs of her bladder stones when we could have done something about them.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    My best friend in high school was Canadian, and she used to get really mad at me aboot saying "Canadian Bacon" instead of ham. She also tried to make me eat ketchup chips. This has been a brief message about what I know about Canadian food.

The fact that Canada actually has products other countries don't blows my mind.

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

Grand Canyon, if you can swing it.

Can you actually ride a donkey/mule into the Grand Canyon? I've always wanted to do that lol.

I didn't, but I think you can. Just wear good shoes if you go hiking!

The heat is pretty intense. I'd make sure you have a good floppy hat to keep the sun of your head, and decent sunglasses.

And wear some 'wicking' clothing, to aid in sweat evaporation...
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    Confession: I am resenting my family that is talking about getting another dog already when the one we lost hasn't even been dead a full 48 hours yet.

I also feel guilty for not seeing the signs of her bladder stones when we could have done something about them.

Sorry for your loss. I grew up on a farm and still don't get that mentality.

Hugs to you.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    The only two temperturefm
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »

One of my good friends in high school was Canadian and he introduced me to salt and vinegar potato chips. Mistake. Love those things!

And the best are

20120606_C6243_PHOTO_EN_14756.jpg

I like the Sobey's "Sensation" version more. But I don't think I can say no to any junk food. Bulk Barn is my downfall..it us pure junk food heaven. *sigh*

Regarding bacon, I love it (and sausage) but the grease and salt always make feel crappy for the rest of the day and am able to say "no" to it easier now than I did before I started eating better. I used to crave bacon and eggs for breakfast and now would prefer a slice if toast with pb and a
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Neither have I.

They are SO good! Doritos ketchup is the best!

They were pretty good. Are they still around or were they a "limited time" only thing like all the good food?
    81Katz wrote: »
    I always prefer being a bit colder than too hot also.

The lady in the cube next to me at work is going through menopause. She always has a fan going, even in the dead of Canadian winter. I am always freezing and have my heater, blanket, sweater, and purple fuzzy slippers close by all times. This week the ac was kicked on and it was so cold.

Limited of course
    they come out once a year though
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Sorry about your fur baby <3
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I've never been in Canada (I live near Chicago)... We were supposed to go to Niagara Falls this month, but canceled it due to family issues. I was mostly excited because I've interacted with so many Canadians on this thread!

That's part of the reason I'm excited for my trip to Arizona in a few weeks. (Okay, mostly it's the food I'm excited about lol).

Speaking of, as I have never been to Arizona, is there anyone here that can recommend things to do/see? I am going to be in Maricopa, so anything that's within a few hours drive would be great.

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

Actually, it's a dry heat, so it is very livable. That kind of heat in a humid climate is what will kill you! My oldest son went to college in AZ and will be teaching there this fall and my youngest son and my dad go twice a year to Phoenix for the NASCAR races. All of them say the heat there doesn't bother them and they are all the types to have the AC on full-blast during the summer at home. I can attest to it as well. It's not nearly as bad as you think! I think Vegas is worse.

I don't think Vegas is that bad, either, but I'm always cold. We flew in from Vegas to Chicago in the summer, and it was in the 100's when we left, in the 70's when we landed in the middle of the night, but it felt 10x's worse in Chicago than it did in Vegas.

Yep, that's how I am, too. I can handle the AZ and CO heat just fine. Went to a June wedding in NC several years ago and was miserable! Yucko. I think it's the heavy air. I'm used to high altitude.

Arizona and Las Vegas can both be 'hot havens' in August, depending (especially if/when in Arizona during its monsoon season)... but Chicago -- holy crap, Chicago -- Chicago in the summer (and whether a hot day in June, July, or August) involves heat being trapped between tall buildings, and when combined with humidity, is the most suffocating, exhausting, and miserable heat I've ever experienced in my life -- and I've experienced over 108-degrees-F days in Arizona (and it wasn't "dry" heat), as well as incredibly hot and humid/muggy/air-so-thick-it's-hard-to-breathe days in the Midwest that took a high-90s-F day into an extremely uncomfortable form of 105+_F heat index... but a hot and humid day spent trying to exist outside for more than 5 minutes, while making one's way from one place to another, amidst Chicago's packed-to-the-gills buildings, was the most strenuous and physically 'trying', felt-like-I-was-going-to-pass-out form of difficulty-existing-outdoors heat I've *ever* experienced... (and I thought I'd experienced "heat" before)... now, when I hear about news reports of heat-related deaths in Chicago, it not only makes sense to me, and seems to constitute a perpetually-every-summer tragic reality... but in some ways, it surprises me that the numbers aren't higher...

From a wiki page for the 1995 Chicago heat wave --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The 1995 Chicago heat wave was a heat wave which led to approximately 750 heat-related deaths in Chicago over a period of five days. Most of the victims of the heat wave were elderly poor residents of the inner city, who could not afford air conditioning and did not open windows or sleep outside for fear of crime. The heat wave also heavily impacted the wider Midwestern region, with additional deaths in both St. Louis, Missouri and Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

The temperatures soared to record highs in July with the hottest weather occurring from July 12 to July 16. The high of 106 °F on July 13 was the second warmest July temperature (warmest being 110 °F set on July 23, 1934) since records began at Chicago Midway International Airport in 1928. Nighttime low temperatures were unusually high [...]. Record humidity levels also accompanied the hot weather. The heat index reached 119 °F at O'Hare Airport, and 125 °F at Midway Airport.

I remember that heat wave, and can recall leaving work on one of those days, at lunch, and practically being 'assaulted' by the air -- it was like walking into 'scalding' air, and trying to walk through and breathe air that was 'thick', 'heavy', and 'felt like a blanket'... however, I *cannot* fathom how unimaginably worse, and off-the-charts awful (and *dangerous*) those days would have been in Chicago. And in addition to the deaths, there had to have been a large number of folks who experienced non-fatal negative consequences as a result of the extreme heat and humidity in Chicago... I don't know that I could ever live there, given how treacherous the heat-and-humidity gets in the summer...
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @qn4bx9pzg8aifd While I completely understand, I remember in Washington we always had numerous deaths in the winter. Usually due to a bad case of 'advanced stupid.' I would get annoyed EVERY YEAR because they would tell us on the radio, the news, on posters, and in the newspapers, DO NOT BRING YOUR BARBECUE INTO YOUR HOUSE/APARTMENT TO HEAT IT! Yes, it gets cold. Yes, ice smothers and snaps trees and power lines. No power likely means, no heat. Cover yourselves in blankets and do NOT for the love of all that is holy bring your barbecue inside your house.

We would STILL end up with people who did it anyway and died. Then people would get on the news "Oh I don't see how this could have happened." I do. Now someone pass out the Darwin Awards so we can move on! :rage:
  • BodyByBex
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Why anyone would want to live in Chicago is beyond me. You suffer through Hoth in the winter(I hate the snow) and then Rishi in the summer. BLEH!

I don't like places where you take a shower to cool off, and then you just don't dry off.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    That is like where I am in Canada, we have two temperatures, hypothermia and hellfire

Tuesday I needed a sweater, yesterday I got a bit of a sunburn, today it was so hot my fur baby stopped eating, by Monday, according to the weather network, I am gonna need a sweater again :|
  • glutenfreechic
    glutenfreechic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hschnirel wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession...

I confess I've contemplated booking a night at a hotel in a quiet place so I could actually get a good night sleep. I haven't slept well in weeks. My husband snores, is on a loud breathing machine, and has restless leg syndrome and kicks all night. I just can't take it anymore. Every time I end up waking up in the middle of the night (because of his kicks, or I have to pee, or the cat meows or something), I have to go downstairs in the recliner to be able to sleep again, and even then I'm so annoyed that it takes me an hour or more. And it's not exactly comfy.

So I fell asleep at 11pm, woke up at 3.30am, finally fell asleep around 5am and the kids woke me up at 5.30am (WTF kids). I was hungry so I had breakfast early, and my day is probably screwed again because tired + hungry early = bad news.

I confess I'm starting to get really worried about our trip this Summer because I won't have anywhere else to sleep then.
    Same issue here my husband mumbles in his sleep and tosses a lo and I'm a light sleeper so it's a nightmare. So it might be bad but we watch tv and "stuff" together and then just for the sleep part we sleep in separate rooms. But we spend a lot of close time before so it's literally just for sleeping . Can you tell I'm defensive because I know people think it's horrible but sleep is important! How long is your trip? Just bring some melatonin or something to make you tired and just use it every now and then so you get some sleep during the trip.

Me too, with all of it. I've tried everything, melatonin was my last resort and that stopped working too. Moved onto amytriptaline 10mg which is working but making the weight pile on. im seriously ready to just give up and go back to my insomniac usual of 3-4 hrs sleep a night
  • glutenfreechic
    glutenfreechic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    And i confess I'm getting so annoyed with mfp cutting my posts down to one or two sentences, somehow they always make sense but it often misses the point and frustrates the hell out of me
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Why anyone would want to live in Chicago is beyond me. You suffer through Hoth in the winter(I hate the snow) and then Rishi in the summer. BLEH!

I don't like places where you take a shower to cool off, and then you just don't dry off.

I know the weather sucks but Chicago is such a fun city! I always think of it as a cleaner New York haha. So much to do, see, and eat! For some people that probably balances out with the weather!
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I lived in Tucson for 3 years as a kid. The Desert Museum is pretty cool. You should also go to Eegees and don't eat the food, but get one of their frozen fruit drinks. The best part of Arizona in my opinion is that they don't have many tall buildings (or trees) so their light pollution is nil. You can see the stars so much better down there. Def do that. Also, prepare to feel like you are going to die from the heat. It hits you like a wall.

I am worried about this, as I don't handle heat very well. Hmm, I guess I'd better go shopping since I think I only own one pair of shorts... maybe two.

Actually, it's a dry heat, so it is very livable. That kind of heat in a humid climate is what will kill you! My oldest son went to college in AZ and will be teaching there this fall and my youngest son and my dad go twice a year to Phoenix for the NASCAR races. All of them say the heat there doesn't bother them and they are all the types to have the AC on full-blast during the summer at home. I can attest to it as well. It's not nearly as bad as you think! I think Vegas is worse.

I don't think Vegas is that bad, either, but I'm always cold. We flew in from Vegas to Chicago in the summer, and it was in the 100's when we left, in the 70's when we landed in the middle of the night, but it felt 10x's worse in Chicago than it did in Vegas.

Yep, that's how I am, too. I can handle the AZ and CO heat just fine. Went to a June wedding in NC several years ago and was miserable! Yucko. I think it's the heavy air. I'm used to high altitude.

Arizona and Las Vegas can both be 'hot havens' in August, depending (especially if/when in Arizona during its monsoon season)... but Chicago -- holy crap, Chicago -- Chicago in the summer (and whether a hot day in June, July, or August) involves heat being trapped between tall buildings, and when combined with humidity, is the most suffocating, exhausting, and miserable heat I've ever experienced in my life -- and I've experienced over 108-degrees-F days in Arizona (and it wasn't "dry" heat), as well as incredibly hot and humid/muggy/air-so-thick-it's-hard-to-breathe days in the Midwest that took a high-90s-F day into an extremely uncomfortable form of 105+_F heat index... but a hot and humid day spent trying to exist outside for more than 5 minutes, while making one's way from one place to another, amidst Chicago's packed-to-the-gills buildings, was the most strenuous and physically 'trying', felt-like-I-was-going-to-pass-out form of difficulty-existing-outdoors heat I've *ever* experienced... (and I thought I'd experienced "heat" before)... now, when I hear about news reports of heat-related deaths in Chicago, it not only makes sense to me, and seems to constitute a perpetually-every-summer tragic reality... but in some ways, it surprises me that the numbers aren't higher...

From a wiki page for the 1995 Chicago heat wave --
    The 1995 Chicago heat wave was a heat wave which led to approximately 750 heat-related deaths in Chicago over a period of five days. Most of the victims of the heat wave were elderly poor residents of the inner city, who could not afford air conditioning and did not open windows or sleep outside for fear of crime. The heat wave also heavily impacted the wider Midwestern region, with additional deaths in both St. Louis, Missouri and Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

The temperatures soared to record highs in July with the hottest weather occurring from July 12 to July 16. The high of 106 °F on July 13 was the second warmest July temperature (warmest being 110 °F set on July 23, 1934) since records began at Chicago Midway International Airport in 1928. Nighttime low temperatures were unusually high [...]. Record humidity levels also accompanied the hot weather. The heat index reached 119 °F at O'Hare Airport, and 125 °F at Midway Airport.

I remember that heat wave, and can recall leaving work on one of those days, at lunch, and practically being 'assaulted' by the air -- it was like walking into 'scalding' air, and trying to walk through and breathe air that was 'thick', 'heavy', and 'felt like a blanket'... however, I *cannot* fathom how unimaginably worse, and off-the-charts awful (and *dangerous*) those days would have been in Chicago. And in addition to the deaths, there had to have been a large number of folks who experienced non-fatal negative consequences as a result of the extreme heat and humidity in Chicago... I don't know that I could ever live there, given how treacherous the heat-and-humidity gets in the summer...

We've had relatively mild summers the last few years... I love Chicago summers :)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I know the weather sucks but Chicago is such a fun city! I always think of it as a cleaner New York haha. So much to do, see, and eat! For some people that probably balances out with the weather!
    I loved both cities so much though New York is so much more expensive. We are still trying to decide where to go for our annual football trip and Chicago is on the list. I just don't know if I can do the 22 hour drive again (hubby has issues flying)