Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ChipChocolatePancake
    ChipChocolatePancake Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    riinbale wrote: »
    I have been reading this and i feel sad for you :( People, i know what it is like to count calories and binge eat and how it feels later. But going on a low carb diet made it all go away. No more longing for "something good" and no more going to five different stores to find the right kind of ice cream. I just dont want these anymore and i am happy with eating low carb food. And my health has never been better :)

Wow, it's interesting and awesome that you were able to get rid of cravings from going low carb. I went on Atkins a few years ago (for about 6 months), and my cravings NEVER went away. In fact, although I lost weight initially, by the end of it I had GAINED about 30 lbs because every time I had a craving, I would turn to something "Atkins friendly" like bacon or cheese. But instead of counting calories AND doing low carb, I was looking at it as an either/or thing, and waaaay overate.

Still, kudos to you for finding something that works so well! I only hope that the rest of us can continue to succeed in our weight loss despite the cravings :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm going to fess up before catching up today.
    Yesterday I ate everything. :disappointed: Reeses Pieces, Cadbury's Picnic bar, Jaffa Cakes, and a cookie. I also didn't go to the gym or go for a run after work. Then I thought it would be a great idea to weigh myself this morning and I'm back up to 214lbs. So I went for a swim this morning and finished 5 minutes early. I feel really tired, and I think my 'go to' is sugar. I feel like having a nap at my desk right now and its only 9.50am. :frowning:

You can't go wrong with sweets:D. What does a Jaffa cake taste like?

Hopefully your work day will go flying by.

Ha ha Uh, I can't really describe it. I disassemble them anyway, chocolate edge first and then take the jelly off, eat the cakey bit and the orange jelly last. I don't play with my food normally but it seems to be a habit with Jaffa Cakes. Its a bit like eating the chocolate edge off a Kit-Kat first.
    Samesies. To both. Once I started eating a Chunky Kitkat the same way, kept nibbling and found it WAS CHOCOLATE ALL THE WAY THROUGH. My day was made.

I absolutely hate that America hasn't discovered chunky kit kats...I will be bringing loads home after my visit to the UK woo hoo!
    Or drive north. We have them in Canada.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    clover157 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Parenting is so hard, I am taking every effort to never have to do it. :smiley:

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

Here's something I've never confessed IRL before...
    I don't enjoy parenting. I don't think I was meant to be a mum.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all my heart. I give all of myself to them to ensure they feel loved, are happy and healthy.
    But I just don't think I was cut out for it. I've had pretty severe postnatal depression since my first was born 3 years ago and I'm sure that contributes, but I do wonder if its just my personality. Also, I carry a lot of guilt over my depression, its so unfair to them and I worry I'm messing up their whole lives :(
    Aaaaaaaand now I want to cover my feelings in food.

Awe, I'm sorry you feel that way. That is quite the confession. *hugs*

I confess that I don't know if I want to be a mother. When I was younger, I always wanted a big family - 4 kids or so. Now that I am 29 and the more I get established in my career and see the fruits of my job (mostly putting money into savings) I don't know if I want the responsibility. There are parts of being a mom that I really want, such as doing crafts, going to kid movies, Halloween/Christmas/Easter - the fun stuff. But I don't know if I can handle all the other stuff, such as getting up in the middle of the night for feedings, changing diapers, dealing with sick/vomity kids, bratty meltdowns in stores, being annoyed when I just want me time.

I feel selfish because I just want the fun stuff but not the whole package.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    For the oreo lovers... COME GET YOUR FIX! :wink:

cheeseburger-oreos.jpg

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

Don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all my heart. I give all of myself to them to ensure they feel loved, are happy and healthy.
    But I just don't think I was cut out for it. I've had pretty severe postnatal depression since my first was born 3 years ago and I'm sure that contributes, but I do wonder if its just my personality. Also, I carry a lot of guilt over my depression, its so unfair to them and I worry I'm messing up their whole lives :(

I think more people than you realize feel this way at least sometimes, but it's so hard to find someone to talk to about it because people act like you are the devil incarnate if you even suggest that parenting isn't fun all day every day, let alone admit that you don't really like it.

What I want to say to you is this: If you have two (or more?) kids 3 and under, you are at one of the hardest parts and it is totally understandable to not enjoy every minute of it. It sounds like despite your feelings, you are doing your best and that is all you can do. Don't be afraid to reach out and get a bit of help with your depression, whether from a doctor or a therapist. It can make a world of difference. I don't know you, but I can almost guarentee that you are not messing up their whole lives. They will barely if at all remember this time period. Take care of yourself.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Awe, I'm sorry you feel that way. That is quite the confession. *hugs*

I confess that I don't know if I want to be a mother. When I was younger, I always wanted a big family - 4 kids or so. Now that I am 29 and the more I get established in my career and see the fruits of my job (mostly putting money into savings) I don't know if I want the responsibility. There are parts of being a mom that I really want, such as doing crafts, going to kid movies, Halloween/Christmas/Easter - the fun stuff. But I don't know if I can handle all the other stuff, such as getting up in the middle of the night for feedings, changing diapers, dealing with sick/vomity kids, bratty meltdowns in stores, being annoyed when I just want me time.

I feel selfish because I just want the fun stuff but not the whole package.
    Honestly, if you really feel like that, maybe stick to being that fabulous, awesome auntie or godmother, because in my experience (mother to 19, 18 & 14 year olds) the bolded stuff is overwhelmed by the other day to day stuff. Sometimes the day to day stuff is awesome, sometimes it's meh, and sometimes it truly sucks.

My sister's best friend is a 50 something career woman who never had kids and she picks and chooses what she wants to do with her nieces and nephews and also my sisters kids. This has included trips to Disneyland and other fun places. Win-win.

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

cheeseburger-oreos.jpg

Is that real? Gross!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

I don't think that's uncommon. Hugs to you and I hope you feel better soon. Make sure you're not giving so much that there's nothing left for you.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I'm totally judging all this mint nonsense. Mint and chocolate do not belong together!

I judge you back, they're soulmates!! ;) (Well, beside peanut butter and chocolate...... I don't know which one I love more!)

I do not mind mint chocolate (although I have to be in the mood for it), but I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate, in all forms! Kit Kat Chunky peanut butter is amazing! My biggest weakness is Haagan Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream.....I can NEVER eat that in proper portions lol. I have also been known to bake chocolate brownies with cut up pieces of snickers peanut butter in them.....
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I love mint and chocolate except for peppermint patties. Yum.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    @pofoster21 - how are you doing?? Where are you? I have been thinking about you and how you are handling the loss of your horse.....hope you are ok!! <3
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

cheeseburger-oreos.jpg

:s
    WHY??
  • Tubbs216
    Options

cheeseburger-oreos.jpg

WHY??
    604yp9h0y7w9.gif

• clover157
    clover157 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I think more people than you realize feel this way at least sometimes, but it's so hard to find someone to talk to about it because people act like you are the devil incarnate if you even suggest that parenting isn't fun all day every day, let alone admit that you don't really like it.

What I want to say to you is this: If you have two (or more?) kids 3 and under, you are at one of the hardest parts and it is totally understandable to not enjoy every minute of it. It sounds like despite your feelings, you are doing your best and that is all you can do. Don't be afraid to reach out and get a bit of help with your depression, whether from a doctor or a therapist. It can make a world of difference. I don't know you, but I can almost guarentee that you are not messing up their whole lives. They will barely if at all remember this time period. Take care of yourself.

Thanks berlynnwall, you're very kind :)
    Its all very intense and all consuming, Mr 10 months still nurses heaps overnight so I'm betting chronic sleep deprivation doesn't help
    It is hard to be honest with people because yes, you are seen as the devil incarnate by some lol
    It felt good to get that off my chest though! And now to snuggle in our family bed and appreciate how even though I get no personal space, they are nice and warm on this chilly night!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options

cheeseburger-oreos.jpg

Is that real? Gross!

LMAO it sure looks real to me. (Probably isn't)

BUT.... with the recent exploitation of kickstarters & gofundme pages. The DREAM could quite possibly become a REALITY. Keep hope alive. (And by that I mean the opposite.... please God don't create such an abomination)
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

cheeseburger-oreos.jpg

WHY??
    604yp9h0y7w9.gif

You know it's not a good sign when the dude gives you that look.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

cheeseburger-oreos.jpg

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit, so had to Google it. This is not real!
  • Melik1682
    Melik1682 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Best post ever!!!!! I sneak eat chips when I wake up to feed the baby so no one sees or hears me! Shhhhhh! I and I don't log them either..... I have problem....
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess if you are a walker/jogger/cyclist (yes, even cyclists....) that talks on your phone WITHOUT a Bluetooth or even a wired headset, chances are I want to slap the phone out of your hand for how ridiculous you look holding that device up to your head during a 'workout'. Don't have a Bluetooth or you're technology challenged? Fine. Most phones come with a headset right out of the box. Plug it in and USE IT. Better yet.... save the poor soul on the other end from your non-stop drivel in labored form (oh how pleasant that heavy breathing must sound) and call them afterwards.

Unless it's an emergency I refuse to be on the receiving end of those calls. If I can tell someone is doing something else or is preoccupied, I tell them to call me back later, then hang up. Doesn't happen often because very few people call me and the ones who do know how I am about that. But, as in your example, I often wonder who would put up with that?

LOL... good question. I know I wouldn't nor would I subject someone else to such torture.
    It wasn't more than a week ago while cycling home I saw a lady riding her bike.... up a somewhat steep hill.... with head cocked to the side and her cell phone literally pinned between her shoulder and ear so she could pedal up the hill and still keep both hands on the handlebars..... pardon me but WTH... did I just SEE that ?!?!

What did 5 fingers say to the face? *SLAP*

How does that not KILL your neck?! I have a shoulder rest on my work phone and with my cell phone I never hold it up to my ear with my shoulder. Granted I have 3 vertebrae in my neck turned the wrong way and I get monthly massages to deal with the kinks in my neck and the chain reaction in my shoulders and back, but I can't imagine working out (attempting to do something good for your body) and then damaging your neck at the same time. I suppose some phone calls just can't wait.

Some people talk for the simple sake of hearing their own mouth run. LMAO >_<

Yes, yes they do. Unfortunately the people I know that do this are clients so I have to just continue to smile and nod until they are done. Family or friends? Nope. I'll interject or excuse myself. Cannot waste time listening to someone yammering on just for the sake of hearing their own voice.
  • Melik1682
    Melik1682 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    smr09012 wrote: »
    When I first started tracking I bought a scale at Walmart (because I was there) and kept getting an E reading. Found out I was too fat for the scale. I returned it the next day and when my (annoyed) fiancé asked why I was dragging him back to Walmart, I said that the scale gave me five different readings, so it must be broken.

Lmao I would soooo do this!!!!!