Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Was so tempted to binge on leftover popcorn that I threw the popcorn in the trash and sprayed air freshener on it! Furthermore, I was still tempted to binge on SOMETHING so I had to leave the house! The urges are strong sometimes :(

At least you were able to find other things to do rather than binge, that's great! It is really really hard!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Another rather lame confession: I haven't the slightest idea what to do with my hair. I haven't had short hair since I was a baby just starting to grow it. I wish I had the courage to chop it up or do something with it, but I'm just scared of making it look worse. It's extremely wavy (and in my opinion, not the good kind of wavy!!!) and hard to manage, so I just straighten it all the time to make it easier for me to deal with, at least. It also wants to always be parted in the middle. I went to see a hair stylist last year and she told me that my hair was "refusing to be parted down the side." Dumb hair.

My sister has experimented with all kinds of cuts and colors (well, all shades of red), and I wish I could be more like her. For some reason I'm just too scared.

Have you ever tried a diffuser on your hair and do you use gel?
    I looked up diffusers- they go on the end of blowdryers? I always let my hair dry naturally, and never use gel either :tongue: No gel, hairspray, or anything... though I probably should get something to protect my hair from the heat when I straighten it.

There are times I like my hair, like when I wake up and think I have ok looking waves for once. The bad thing is I can't brush my hair lest it turn into a frizzy mess. Someone on Facebook actually shared an image that shows what it's like for me. Before brushing and after brushing:

rw8u5to7mp70.jpg

Before I started straightening my hair, I had a friend who would always ask me why I never brushed my hair. I WAS brushing my hair, but it was coming out looking like the picture on the right!!! (but worse) :tired_face:

No, you cannot brush curly hair! Your friend clearly did not know what she was talking about.

And, instead of coloring your hair have you ever considered getting a clear gloss? It doesn't change your color but it adds some body and weight to the hair. Naturally curly hair is a whole different animal and takes practice to see what works for you.
    A clear gloss sounds awesome! I should probaby stop straightening my hair... I can't even imagine the damage I'm doing to it. When I last went to visit my mom she told me that she likes my hair curly and gave me some gel to use while I was there. I'd like to experiment with my hair but I'm always afraid of messing it up further. It also tangles like mad :tongue:

I do LOVE the feeling of getting my hair played with/styled/washed. Anyone in the same boat?
    My mom had to comb and fix my hair after my car accident because I couldn't use my right shoulder and I loved it.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Was so tempted to binge on leftover popcorn that I threw the popcorn in the trash and sprayed air freshener on it! Furthermore, I was still tempted to binge on SOMETHING so I had to leave the house! The urges are strong sometimes :(
    That's REALLY funny heheh :D

• eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

so sorry to read this :( it must be hard for you. Hugs!

I really had no idea how difficult it is to deal with a loss of your pet until today - previously we had a dog when I was a teenager and it was put to sleep when I was already moved out of the family home and at uni so it did not get to me as much as it could. This morning I have taken our rabbit pet to be euthanised as Blackie broke his leg over the weekend; they suggested amputation last night during the consultation, but with his age and some other health issues we decided it would be kinder to put him to sleep. I was an emotional mess when I arrived at the clinic and had to kick myself hard afterwards to be able to drive back home. I couldn't face going to work today and spent the day at home finding distractions so I don't have to think about it.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Is anyone a horrible person like me who gets a kick out of STFU, Parents? Here is one themed for our thread: 07oyrze3vksa.jpg

From this article:
    http://www.mommyish.com/2013/08/26/stfu-parents-how-not-to-mommyjack-your-childfree-friends/4/
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Pammalla wrote: »
    My hair is straight without the slightest wave to it but my baby has super curly hair and I have no idea how to deal with it. It's not getting longer it's just getting biger

Curly hair takes time and practice to learn to work with. Do you have a salon you go to? Or a cosmetology school nearby? I'm sure someone would be more than happy to work with you! Probably someone like myself who had/has curly hair and a mother who did nothing with it when I was younger (NOT saying that is you) and would be glad to help someone else so that they don't go through a childhood with bad hair.

Also, the color of your hair is gorgeous! Love it!

*NODS* My mom had no idea what to do with my hair, and the internet didn't exist yet so there were many, many mornings I would be in a rage because my hair was being uncooperative, so into a ponytail it went.

Lucky you! My mom's solution was to keep it as short as possible. I was mistaken for a boy countless times. She refused to let it grow long because SHE didn't want to deal with it.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Is anyone a horrible person like me who gets a kick out of STFU, Parents? Here is one themed for our thread: 07oyrze3vksa.jpg

From this article:
    http://www.mommyish.com/2013/08/26/stfu-parents-how-not-to-mommyjack-your-childfree-friends/4/
    Have you checked out the sanctimommy page on Facebook?! Absolutely hilarious :lol:
    To add, if I were to receive a comment like this, my arm and hand could quite possibly get a workout >:)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Another rather lame confession: I haven't the slightest idea what to do with my hair. I haven't had short hair since I was a baby just starting to grow it. I wish I had the courage to chop it up or do something with it, but I'm just scared of making it look worse. It's extremely wavy (and in my opinion, not the good kind of wavy!!!) and hard to manage, so I just straighten it all the time to make it easier for me to deal with, at least. It also wants to always be parted in the middle. I went to see a hair stylist last year and she told me that my hair was "refusing to be parted down the side." Dumb hair.

My sister has experimented with all kinds of cuts and colors (well, all shades of red), and I wish I could be more like her. For some reason I'm just too scared.

I looked up diffusers- they go on the end of blowdryers? I always let my hair dry naturally, and never use gel either :tongue: No gel, hairspray, or anything... though I probably should get something to protect my hair from the heat when I straighten it.

There are times I like my hair, like when I wake up and think I have ok looking waves for once. The bad thing is I can't brush my hair lest it turn into a frizzy mess. Someone on Facebook actually shared an image that shows what it's like for me. Before brushing and after brushing:

rw8u5to7mp70.jpg

Before I started straightening my hair, I had a friend who would always ask me why I never brushed my hair. I WAS brushing my hair, but it was coming out looking like the picture on the right!!! (but worse) :tired_face:

No, you cannot brush curly hair! Your friend clearly did not know what she was talking about.

And, instead of coloring your hair have you ever considered getting a clear gloss? It doesn't change your color but it adds some body and weight to the hair. Naturally curly hair is a whole different animal and takes practice to see what works for you.
    A clear gloss sounds awesome! I should probaby stop straightening my hair... I can't even imagine the damage I'm doing to it. When I last went to visit my mom she told me that she likes my hair curly and gave me some gel to use while I was there. I'd like to experiment with my hair but I'm always afraid of messing it up further. It also tangles like mad :tongue:

I do LOVE the feeling of getting my hair played with/styled/washed. Anyone in the same boat?

Yes, but only when it comes out the way I like it at the end. I've had may stylists who also did not know what to do with my curly hair, so I cut and color it myself now. Saves me so much money and stress.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

From this article:
    Have you checked out the sanctimommy page on Facebook?! Absolutely hilarious :lol:
    To add, if I were to receive a comment like this, my arm and hand could quite possibly get a workout >:)

I have, and I love it. For real.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

LOVE getting my hair cut and then I make my sister play with it and my boyfriend when he's here visiting!

I had to read it twice as I thought you make your sister play with your hair and your boyfriend :p
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    clover157 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Parenting is so hard, I am taking every effort to never have to do it. :smiley:

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

Here's something I've never confessed IRL before...
    I don't enjoy parenting. I don't think I was meant to be a mum.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all my heart. I give all of myself to them to ensure they feel loved, are happy and healthy.
    But I just don't think I was cut out for it. I've had pretty severe postnatal depression since my first was born 3 years ago and I'm sure that contributes, but I do wonder if its just my personality. Also, I carry a lot of guilt over my depression, its so unfair to them and I worry I'm messing up their whole lives :(
    Aaaaaaaand now I want to cover my feelings in food.

I could've pretty much wrote this post, word for word. I have a 3.5 yr old and an 8 month old (both boys). Everyone tells me I'm an awesome mom, but I feel like I'm failing at it constantly. It's not effortless for me like everyone else I see on Facebook. I have to WORK at my patience.
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure I have PPD and my 3.5 yr old is a DRAMA QUEEN and can be difficult, but still. I give everything I have in me to them, literally, and I still feel like I'm doing it wrong.
    Part of my inability to keep the weight off is I eat my feelings at night alone when they're in bed, because I sit and relive my parenting failures for the day in my head, over and over.

And hi, I've lurked but decided to post in the thread today :)

Welcome to the thread!

That's the problem with Facebook. People post all their best happy moments and achievements to make themselves look better or make them appear as they are having the time of their lives every single day. People want to show everyone that they are "awesome" at everything and make it appear that they are having the most fun and nothing is ever wrong. No one is going to post pictures of themselves when they are hurling over the toilet from illness (except when friends post photos of you being an idiot after a night a drinking), changing diapers, the fights you have with your spouse, etc.

This is why I don't have facebook - I don't feel it is "real life" - it is more an edited version of "real life"

My favorite friends on FB are the parents who tell it how it is, even if it means ranting sometimes! The ones who only post all the roses and rainbows? I want to punch them in the face.
    riinbale wrote: »
    I have been reading this and i feel sad for you :( People, i know what it is like to count calories and binge eat and how it feels later. But going on a low carb diet made it all go away. No more longing for "something good" and no more going to five different stores to find the right kind of ice cream. I just dont want these anymore and i am happy with eating low carb food. And my health has never been better :)

*queue sarcasm*

Feel sorry for us all you want. I know what it is like to avoid tasty fruits, potatoes, and rice and how it feels to long to eat baked potato. Now, I enjoy a high carb fruit based diet. I never crave anything sweet because I am eating sweet stuff all the time! I always have energy and I am happy I don't have to worry about my calorie intake. No more pointless counting and weighing. I enjoy physical, emotional, and psychological health by not eating any animal products. :)

*end sarcasm*

@riinbale Read the above and how passive-aggressive and judgmental it sounds. There is no 'right way' to do anything. This is our vent thread. We do not pass judgement and advocate a specific way to fix something. We offer suggestions and support. We feel for each other, but we do NOT feel 'sorry' for each other. There is no pity here.

Sure there was some judgement and misunderstandings towards me and between a couple other posters in the past pages, but at least they had the brass to judge outright and plainly say "I think you are wrong" or "That hurt my feelings" instead of your piss poor way of trying to get everyone on the low carb bandwagon.

Sure we binge a bit and have cravings, but we let it out here. We tell our story and it allows us to pick up and move on. Good days and bad days, we are here for each other asking for support and offering it to others.

We are here to lift each other up and tell each other we are not alone. We are NOT here to stand on a 'low carb' or 'paleo' or 'vegan' pedestal and look down on each other.

If only you had said: "I confess that I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't know the ease and health benefits of a low carb diet. I know that I have been much happier and healthier since I adopted this lifestyle change and I wish other people would do the same so they wouldn't feel the need to binge and feel bad about it later."

Judge me if you want to, but I feel by saying what you have said, you have put yourself out there and shown yourself to be on your pedestal and very much alone.

ETA: Punctuation.

Applauds.

I feel telling people about my bad binge days on here in real life shows that even though I've lost a 150 pounds that at times it still is a struggle to not want to eat a pint of ice cream or eat a whole sleeve/package of cookies.

Yep. I've lost 80 pounds, I'm very close to my goal weight, and I'm still terrified my body will fail me by being constantly hungry and I'll gain the weight back. Honestly, the urge to eat a pint of ice cream and a whole sleeve of cookies is still there too, but it's relatively easy to deal with in comparison. Days like this... when I'm just so hungry I need 3000 calories to be satisfied... I just want to scream and cry. I'm still 1.5 pound over my weight from almost a year ago. Haven't been able to go back down since.

Confession - I want to punch people who say to 'listen to their body' in the face too. My body is a traitor piece of ****.

That made me laugh!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Caught up!

I'm not too worried about this parenting thing. I'm worried about the nitty, grittiness of sleep deprivation and exhaustion that comes with the early days, but beyond ensuring the kid's physical well-being, I feel like the actual 'parenting' part will be okay. I'm a decent person. My husband is a decent person. My parents were decent people and my siblings and I turned out fine. Not a lot of drama, not a lot of scares and we all put up with one another to varying degrees. Sure I expect there will be arguments and frustrations and bumps in the road, but I'm not aiming for perfection as I think that probably doesn't exist.

Am I being too blasé about the whole thing?!

I'm not caught up yet but I think you are perfectly sane with your idea of parenting. The parenting part is easy. The exhaustion is the hard part in those early days but you'll do fabulous! :)

I have 4 wonderful children and I think that having kids is awesome. ...minus the sleep deprivation. My 3 older children are from my first marriage and my youngest son is from my current husband.

I have very simple rules. You can be whoever you are. Absolute unconditional love for that... I always tell my kids to just be whoever you are. I already got to make my choices. This life is theirs and the only person they have to make happy is themselves. To me it's super important that they are confident in my undying love and support for them as I have a 13 year old daughter who's struggling to come out.... and her actual father is a homophobe who helicopter parents. I have custody but he's always blowing up my phone about everything. Ugh.

Anyway, my only real rule is that my house must be a sanctuary for everyone. No violence. That means no brothers smacking each other, pushing, whatever. ..no violence. I have a really strong belief that your home must be safe.

I'm struggling to go to college (at 38) and my parenting confession is: I wish I waited to have kids and went up school first. Maybe not really but it is sooooo hard to go to school when you're the glue. Literally, I feel like the glue that's holding everything together.

I love my family but I should have went to college after high school. It would have been so much easier. I'm super tired all the time.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....
    I'm so sorry to hear about your baby!! :( Losing an animal is no joke... they're not just an ''animal,'' but a family member. I'm sure you have been terrific to him and the little guy has had an amazing degu life.
    One of my best friends is an only child and she turned out terrific. Very, very intelligent, witty, and mature. I don't think being an only child makes you damaged at all. I do love my siblings, though... even if sometimes I compare myself to my sister and feel inadequate :lol: (she's beautiful and has the most gorgeous singing voice).

I feel you there- by the way I'm the brunette in my picture- the blonde is my sister. She is GORGEOUS it's not even funny. Love her to death but sometimes get so jealous of her haha. I know what you mean though!

I don't think it's damaging to only have one kid but I'm one of five and I can't imagine not having tons of siblings they're my best friends <3
    I think you're both gorgeous! You two have some striking eyes going on :smiley:

rw8u5to7mp70.jpg

My mom had to comb and fix my hair after my car accident because I couldn't use my right shoulder and I loved it.
    Sorry about your car accident! At least some good came out of it, hahaha! My mom loves playing with my hair, and I'm not about to stop her. Apparently I hated people touching my hair when I was little and went to school with a rat's nest on my head because of this. Now I love it though.... I wish my boyfriend loved playing with hair, but from my experience it has only been girls :neutral:
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

From this article:

I have, and I love it. For real.

Some of their posts make my jaw drop lol, like do people really act that way?! Makes me feel better about myself lol
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I confess I am taking my dog to be neutered on Friday. I don't feel bad at all. In fact I am really looking forwards to seeing how many things he walks into while he's wearing the cone of shame.
    (I'm awful I know)

Nothing wrong with seeing the bright side of a situation :wink:
    Aww, poor puppy. My friend had a cat that she took to get neutered and when they came back he jumped straight off their 5th floor balcony. :o Keep a close eye on him in case he's suicidal - you know what men are like about their bits. Talking of which, I've just made an appointment for my husband to discuss getting neutered.

LOL! My husband is talking about going back under the knife to undo that. Funny, we can't get on the same page. Way back in the early part of this Confession thread, I think I mentioned that I wanted to have another child with current husband but was probably not going to happen. It's mostly because we're both in our 40's (I'm 41, he's 44) and he'd had the V before we met. I decided it wasn't worth it and dropped it. Now, he's talking about going to the doctor and discussing options. Ha!

Oh, wow! You're brave! I'm 43 and could not imagine starting over. Best of luck for whatever you decide!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends is an only child and she turned out terrific. Very, very intelligent, witty, and mature. I don't think being an only child makes you damaged at all. I do love my siblings, though... even if sometimes I compare myself to my sister and feel inadequate :lol: (she's beautiful and has the most gorgeous singing voice).

I feel you there- by the way I'm the brunette in my picture- the blonde is my sister. She is GORGEOUS it's not even funny. Love her to death but sometimes get so jealous of her haha. I know what you mean though!

I don't think it's damaging to only have one kid but I'm one of five and I can't imagine not having tons of siblings they're my best friends <3

My sisters are all way prettier than me, even my half-sister. I look like my dad. :|

Agreed. I have six and I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Came to say I'm an only child too and I am so grateful for it. I have an excellent relationship with my parents, no family drama, and because they only had me they were able to provide me with a lot of stuff I might not have had otherwise. Having only one kid meant they were able to let me take tons of classes and lessons and go to camps and stuff (not only because they could be expensive but because they had the time and energy to take me to all of it), travel (including a student exchange), let me graduate uni without debt, etc etc. They gave me a lot, both materially and otherwise, because one kid meant I got a lot of their time and energy.

Not to say that people don't or can't do that for their kids if they have more than one, just saying that one kid is easier to shuttle around to piano and horseback riding and gymnastics and you don't have to worry about being fair and giving both kids the same opportunities when one wants to go on a school trip abroad or whatever. And it's definitely selfishly nice to not have to share my parents' attention, truthfully.

My mom did start a dayhome out of our house when I was three, though, to make sure I spent lots of time with other kids and didn't end up a spoiled little terror. So I would say that making sure only children get plenty of interaction with other kids is a good idea.

On an unrelated note, I'm leaving to get married in Vegas tomorrow! Weeeeeeee! And I confess that I'm more excited about going on vacation than I am about the wedding, lol. Like, I'm really happy we're getting married, but I just don't care much about the actual wedding...

Thanks for the perspective and Congratulations!!! Have fun!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »

so sorry to read this :( it must be hard for you. Hugs!

I really had no idea how difficult it is to deal with a loss of your pet until today - previously we had a dog when I was a teenager and it was put to sleep when I was already moved out of the family home and at uni so it did not get to me as much as it could. This morning I have taken our rabbit pet to be euthanised as Blackie broke his leg over the weekend; they suggested amputation last night during the consultation, but with his age and some other health issues we decided it would be kinder to put him to sleep. I was an emotional mess when I arrived at the clinic and had to kick myself hard afterwards to be able to drive back home. I couldn't face going to work today and spent the day at home finding distractions so I don't have to think about it.

Poor Blackie and you! I'm so sorry. You did the right thing by sparing him unnecessary pain, though.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

From this article:

Yeah, I'd respond saying that it's a good thing some of us can multitask.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options

I'm very sorry. :(