Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My confession for today--I looked back at my diary and found the last honest day of logging was about two weeks ago. Probably explains the creeping I have seen on my scale as of late. Time to buckle down and get back to keeping track.

You've had a difficult couple of weeks. Don't be too hard on yourself. Hugs.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession: I read a lot of articles about weight loss, exercise, etc. But I only believe the ones I want to. For example, I read once that it really isn't neccessary to do ab exercises, that your abs get plenty of work during your other exercise. I really wish I could find a similar article about push ups.

Someone might have already posted it, since I have 5 pages to go yet, but here:
    http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Thanks! I don't have a gym membership but my dad is going to give me his weight bench and weights and I was thinking of giving this program a try. So you're saying I won't have to do push ups anymore? I'm in

No pushups, no crunches, but the squats may make you wish you were.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess, I feel a poop coming on.

You're still slacking in the confessions department, Pancake.

I'm a very pure, innocent soul. Not much to confess. :)

That's not what you said a few pages ago! Spill it! And I don't mean what you just said in your previous post. That we don't need to hear about. Since you're still with us on this thread you might as well contribute something good!

Poop isn't good enough for you people? That usually knocks 'em dead most places. Tough crowd. Hmmm. Confessions, confessions, let me think...

I confess that my dad's a recovering alcoholic who got rid of all the pets I loved and my childhood home when I was younger because he needed to move to Florida to try and keep my mom from divorcing him. When he was down in Florida, I witnessed my dad have an alcoholic seizure in front of my girlfriend who was meeting my parents for the first time. That was quite a few years ago, so he is doing better now. Even though I love my dad, we don't talk very much because he lives with my mom in NC now. That makes me a little sad, and I probably still harbor anger and resentment towards him.

Good enough?

Yes, that definitely qualifies as a confession. Growing up with an alcoholic parent is hard. My dad's dad was an alcoholic. Affected him and his brothers negatively in many ways.

Is he in a recovery program or does he just drink less? Sounds like your parents are still together. Is that a good thing or bad? Sorry about the loss of the pets. I don't tell many people this but about 2 years into my first marriage I had to move out of my house, find a place to live, and re-home 4 cats in less than 2 weeks. With a 2 yr. old. I wasn't as successful as I'd have liked to have been as far as the re-homing so I've never allowed myself to have pets ever again. :(
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

That's not what you said a few pages ago! Spill it! And I don't mean what you just said in your previous post. That we don't need to hear about. Since you're still with us on this thread you might as well contribute something good!

Poop isn't good enough for you people? That usually knocks 'em dead most places. Tough crowd. Hmmm. Confessions, confessions, let me think...

I confess that my dad's a recovering alcoholic who got rid of all the pets I loved and my childhood home when I was younger because he needed to move to Florida to try and keep my mom from divorcing him. When he was down in Florida, I witnessed my dad have an alcoholic seizure in front of my girlfriend who was meeting my parents for the first time. That was quite a few years ago, so he is doing better now. Even though I love my dad, we don't talk very much because he lives with my mom in NC now. That makes me a little sad, and I probably still harbor anger and resentment towards him.

Good enough?

Yes, that definitely qualifies as a confession. Growing up with an alcoholic parent is hard. My dad's dad was an alcoholic. Affected him and his brothers negatively in many ways.

Is he in a recovery program or does he just drink less? Sounds like your parents are still together. Is that a good thing or bad? Sorry about the loss of the pets. I don't tell many people this but about 2 years into my first marriage I had to move out of my house, find a place to live, and re-home 4 cats in less than 2 weeks. With a 2 yr. old. I wasn't as successful as I'd have liked to have been as far as the re-homing so I've never allowed myself to have pets ever again. :(

As far as I know, he just doesn't drink at all. That is one thing that my dad and I have in common. If we really want something, we make sure that we get it. No matter what the cost. So I do believe he is a person that just stopped. My parents being together is a very good thing. My mother's a sweetheart. That sucks about your pets. I have a couple cats and a dog now.

So, I want to know...is that really your chest? :)
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when my husband and kids finally leave the house for a while it makes me feel like I want to eat a lot in a sneaky way like I'm getting away with something! Weird internal guilt thing.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Good enough?

As far as I know, he just doesn't drink at all. That is one thing that my dad and I have in common. If we really want something, we make sure that we get it. No matter what the cost. So I do believe he is a person that just stopped. My parents being together is a very good thing. My mother's a sweetheart. That sucks about your pets. I have a couple cats and a dog now.

So, I want to know...is that really your chest? :)

I almost spit out my tea :).

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    margfish wrote: »
    My confession is that I love gum and chew it way too much. I know it's a pretty gross habit, so I gave it up for Lent. (It was really hard!) When Lent was over it took awhile to ramp back up, but now I'm back to needing that "busy" feeling all the time. I think after these packs I'm going to try to give it up again. I don't like using it as a crutch to distract myself from food.

And @jgriffit91, I'm terrified every time I get on the scale. Particularly now that I'm mostly in maintenance because it's such a tight rope for me to walk.

I love gum too and I feel bad about it. But, I’m always afraid of having bad breath so I like to have gum around in case I need it.
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    2. Sometimes I feel like I am drowning in debt. It keeps me up at night. I have $86,000 in student loans, $3,500 in credit card debt, and $7,000 in personal loans, not to mention my mortgage. I have a great job and make decent money but my student loan payments are over $500 a month alone! I drive a 1999 car and it's starting to fall apart and there's no way I can afford a car payment. I'm so stressed. I feel like I'm suffocating. I literally slept for an hour last night cause I was so worried.
    I feel better confessing. No one in my real life knows all this. Crazy how it's easier to tell perfect strangers, huh?? Thanks for listening!!!!

Me too. I owe about $50K in student loans and then I have my car payment (so I pay about $840 a month just on my loans). I’m sure I’ll never be able to own my own home since I wouldn’t be able to make the payment. I will probably be paying this for the rest of my life. Hang in there. Know that you are not alone.
    Ps. This thread has given me the biggest mint chocolate craving ever! I've just seen the new Quest bars are chocolate mint as well. I must have one ASAP!

I saw that too and ordered some a few days ago. I’m hoping they will be here soon!
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

I am sorry!!! I was hoping he was going to be okay. I’m still trying to catch up so I’m hoping to see better news in the upcoming pages. :(
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    A company rep just stopped by the office with Breakfast Burritos from Santiago's. They are the best breakfast burritos in town.
    I want to go in there and stab him in the eye with a fork

We’ve had visitors come in three times this week with them and they’ve offered to give me one each time. I have turned them down each time. It makes me sad though. I want one!!!

• overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My confession for today--I looked back at my diary and found the last honest day of logging was about two weeks ago. Probably explains the creeping I have seen on my scale as of late. Time to buckle down and get back to keeping track.

I hear ya. This week has been a mess for me as far as logging goes. I've been all over the place with eating and exercising thanks to emotional rollercoaster-ing and just life getting in the way. But I'm right there with you on the buckling down thing :) We'll get back on track!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Sorry about your kitty!! That is so hard!

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Aww... I am so sorry about your cat. That is why all my cats are 100% indoor, I am so paranoid. I am currently courting a feral all black cat on my porch that I have been feeding for about a year now...trying to get him inside eventually. Not that I need 4.

And speaking of 4... I have a fifth cat that I started feeding on my porch every day too... black and white. Totally friendly. I finally took him to the vet on Monday and he is microchipped! So we are tracking his owners, which I am sure they dumped him, so far we traced him to a shelter in TN, then he was adopted and taken to DE, then surrendered to a shelter near my home, so now we are trying to find out if the shelter readopted him out or if he somehow got free.

I had to let him loose again (wasn't spending hundreds on a cat that I had to hand over to someone else) and I can't have him in my home until he is tested for feline AIDS And leukemia. So still feeding him on the porch. I am worried something will happen before the vet agrees I can keep him and will treat him. So I may soon have 4 in house, and one on the porch. Then eventually maybe I'll get Porch Kitty into my condo. Then it will be 5. I basically have a Kitty Condo. I swore I would never have more than 3. I am becoming a crazy cat lady.

Thank you and I applaud you for taking care of all these kitties. I wonder what's so terrible about Porch Kitty that he keeps getting taken to shelters?!

I wouldn't call you a crazy cat lady. I'll refer to you as the "Caring Cat Lady".

Black and White Kitty is the one that has been in shelters. Porch Kitty is the feral one I am working on. He/She is totally black.

My friend said the same thing...and said he may 'spray'. This could be bad. If he does that I have another friend who rescues dogs/cats who may find him a home. Or one of the women at the Tack Shelter where I get my horse supplies said they have a barn that needs a cat. So I may bring him there. That is better than living on my porch that is right on the parking lot/road.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I just worked backwards to the original post but I confess...any discussion of bodily functions of this nature kind of gross me out. TMI.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Calling him Pancake cracked me up. I just LOL'd on a conference call. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've been a Mcjudgey-pants today :o Not on this board but elsewhere. I feel guilty but what can ya do? Go eat a candy bar! Which I am doing now :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options

Good enough?

Wow, that's impressive that he just stopped completely. Not an easy thing to do. Glad it's a good thing your parents are together and she must be a good person to have put up with that for so long.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I’m hoping you all can provide some advice. I just got a call from the Assistant Principal at my son’s school. He is in 2nd grade. He was caught taking ice cream from the cafeteria and not paying for it. He admitted to his teacher that this was the second time he has done this. When he was asked why he did this, he said ‘his parents only allow him to have ice cream on Fridays and he doesn’t like that rule’. He has to have silent lunch tomorrow and write a letter to the cafeteria staff. I spoke with him briefly and he was crying and said he was sorry.

He has been in trouble quite a bit lately for taking things without asking, our phones, the family tablet, his DS. We have tried no electronics, staying in his room, grounding, spanking, soap in the mouth… I’m at a loss…and really scared that this doesn’t bode well for the future. Is this a phase? What did you do that worked?

ETA: wanted to clarify that he is taking our phones, the family tablet, and his DS...not stealing other peoples property.

I did this as a kid. Stole money (confessed this previously) from my parents and smoked in like 1st grade after stealing cigarettes and matches from my parents. My mom told me as an adult she felt it was a cry for attention (middle child in family of 5) and I think she was probably right. Maybe he is just seeking attention?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I've fallen off big time lately, and now I'm confused on how to get back. I've looked at the TDEE method but I'm so confused on that, but I can't do the 1200 MFP keeps setting for me. I really don't want to put up a new post about it but may just have to...

What are your stats? Height, weight and activity level? I'll figure it for you and try to explain it.
    I'm around 5'2, 197.4 lbs, and I've just started going back to the gym 2 days a week, about to bump it up to 3 days a week once hubby gets paid again (kid's birthday drained us lol). Thanks! :smile:

OK. So your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) to maintain your current weight is 2027 calories per day. If you eat that, you'll stay where you are. You can subtract a percentage from that number to lose weight - 10%, 15%, 20%. Higher than 20% is not recommended. Your TDEE - 20% is 1622 calories per day. That includes light exercise, so you do not eat back any exercise calories using this. If you ramp up your exercise significantly, we'd have to recalculate. As you lose weight, every 10 pounds or so, you want to recalculate.

If you want to lose slower and have more calories to eat, you could do TDEE - 10%, which would give you 1825 calories per day.

With that said, a food scale is a must. You need to be accurate with your calorie intake.

Does that make sense?

Wow that was impressive. Too much mental math for me. I stick to the MFP 1200 net calories. Its helped me lose 30 lbs so I am just sticking with it!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Aww... I am so sorry about your cat. That is why all my cats are 100% indoor, I am so paranoid. I am currently courting a feral all black cat on my porch that I have been feeding for about a year now...trying to get him inside eventually. Not that I need 4.

And speaking of 4... I have a fifth cat that I started feeding on my porch every day too... black and white. Totally friendly. I finally took him to the vet on Monday and he is microchipped! So we are tracking his owners, which I am sure they dumped him, so far we traced him to a shelter in TN, then he was adopted and taken to DE, then surrendered to a shelter near my home, so now we are trying to find out if the shelter readopted him out or if he somehow got free.

I had to let him loose again (wasn't spending hundreds on a cat that I had to hand over to someone else) and I can't have him in my home until he is tested for feline AIDS And leukemia. So still feeding him on the porch. I am worried something will happen before the vet agrees I can keep him and will treat him. So I may soon have 4 in house, and one on the porch. Then eventually maybe I'll get Porch Kitty into my condo. Then it will be 5. I basically have a Kitty Condo. I swore I would never have more than 3. I am becoming a crazy cat lady.

Thank you and I applaud you for taking care of all these kitties. I wonder what's so terrible about Porch Kitty that he keeps getting taken to shelters?!

I wouldn't call you a crazy cat lady. I'll refer to you as the "Caring Cat Lady".

Black and White Kitty is the one that has been in shelters. Porch Kitty is the feral one I am working on. He/She is totally black.

My friend said the same thing...and said he may 'spray'. This could be bad. If he does that I have another friend who rescues dogs/cats who may find him a home. Or one of the women at the Tack Shelter where I get my horse supplies said they have a barn that needs a cat. So I may bring him there. That is better than living on my porch that is right on the parking lot/road.

I misread that, I apologize. That's what I get for trying to multitask at work.

Owen sprayed everything and he's fixed. That's a big reason he was relegated to an outside/garage kitty. I think making the black/white kitty a barn cat, sounds like a splendid idea. Barn cats are awesome. At least everyone that I've ever met was. Good luck with all these fancy felines.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Hard confession here cuz it just happened again...

I went to the Dollar Tree to grab 3-4 things best bought there. Was shopping fine enough, come time to checkout. A line out about 6 people deep with a ton of crap to buy and only one cashier checking people out.... Nope. No thanks. Not gonna happen. I dropped my hand basket in the center of the aisle where I stood and walked out. If you spend more time in line trying to pay for what you just shopped for then there is a problem with your practice! Yes, waiting is a part of living and in most cases there's no getting around it... The problem I have is not with the cashier doing their part so I never cut them a look or anything, I blame the business for insufficient staffing and I refuse to support them by making a purchase at that time.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

This sounds like my family! We have five cats...four were previously strays that we fed off of our porch. They warm up to us over time, we take them in and quarantine them in our basement away from our other cats until they get to the vet to be tested and checked for microchips. It always seems to work out...all the cats end up getting along great, and adjust to indoor-only life just fine!

yep, I had set up the spare bedroom for him on Monday, but didn't bring him in when I didn't get him tested after we found the microchip. The vet thought it was too risky. I may now though, he keeps begging me to come in (standing at my sliding glass door and crying, running out to meet me when I get home, etc.)