Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    The People thread just took a very dark turn.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Edited for not keeping up with current events.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    margfish wrote: »
    I'm the same way with alcohol as I am with food - I just don't know when to say stop. So after a few embarrassing episodes last year I've just tried to not even have any. It saves me money and calories (not just on drinks, but on the inevitable binge that will follow) and I don't miss it. I'm fine with my diet coke when everyone else has a beer! I know it's not that easy for everyone, though.

I am with you on this. I can easily not drink - I hate how alcohol makes me feel. My problem is that my hubby can be a source of peer pressure when he is out with some of his coworkers ( I meet him to drive him home since I make sure I pick him up if he has had 2 or more and I will never argue with this as I would rather him not drink and drive) or when he and I are out for dinner. It is has lead to a few arguments when I refuse a drink . If I do drink, I will order a single Cider and nurse it until it's time to go. I don't like beer and cocktails go down WAY to fast for me to make them last.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Im never leaving this thread again. It's not surprising, but really sad to me that so many people are awful.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I was on the phone with my sister the past hour and just caught the tail end of the thread...wow. What's really disappointing is that persons has children she'll raise to think the same way as does. It's disgusting and disheartening :s
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    CNoitez wrote: »
    I might be diabetic, but I smoke anyway because YOLO.

lmfao
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just saw my 4 year old slip a small cup into the cat's water dish and then drink it. It was so quick I didn't even have time to say something before it was over. Now I'm wondering how long he's been doing that. I just thought my cats were really thirsty, or that the heat was evaporating their water. Hmmm
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: i drink way too much. way, way too much. it's caused me a lot of issues over the past couple of years (i've wrecked my car, twice; cheated on my boyfriend, which destroyed the relationship), which you would think would slow down my consumption, but instead i'm just drinking more "carefully." for most people these would be the "life changing events" where they have a massive realization that they need to turn their lives around, then everything is a montage of hard work, making amends and going on oprah.

but i don't have that. and i'm not really sure why. i think some of it might be attributed to the prozac and welbutrin i take. i just mostly feel dead inside.

Does the doctor know you're drinking while you're on them? They would make a difference. I was given welbutrin as a hail mary for my migraines, and it made me the most apathetic person on earth.

My migraine hail mary is maxalt. The terrible tasting ones you dissolve in your mouth.

But yeah, she broke up with me, it was traumatizing to say the least.

Do then I just went to a regular dr, told him what I take and he wrote new scripts. If I really thought about it, it would be troubling
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Do you have a link? I couldn't find it in recents....
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Do you have a link? I couldn't find it in recents....

It got zapped. I was trying to read it and figure out where the dark turn took and it got zapped before I got to the end.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I need to say something that will lighten the heavy feeling I have today. The weather is NOT helping either.

In just over 6 weeks, my husband and I will be jetting down to Florida for a VERY belated honeymoon. I could NOT be more excited if I tried. I am also extremely nervous and anxious about the whole thing. I really don't know what to expect and that's very thrilling and nerve wracking at the same time. I'm excited to wear my new swimsuit and sun hat I just bought this weekend. It's very chic. I just need to get some cute maxi dresses and a cute swimsuit cover up to wear on the beach. I could also use some helpful tips about traveling by plane.

Thanks!

Make sure you follow the airlines rules about what you can/can't take in your carry-on (and check to make sure your bag is an acceptable size). It'll suck if you have to throw out something when you're going through security! Be aware that belt buckles and sometimes underwire in bras can set off the metal detectors, so just something to think about while getting dressed that day :) I prefer to sleep on planes, so one of those wrap around neck pillows is a must for me, but I know some people can't sleep so you might not need one. Give yourself lots of time to get to the airport and through security. Check BEFORE you leave home if your flight is delayed/cancelled for some reason.

If you've never flown before and aren't sure how your stomach will handle it, pack some ginger pills or Gravol just in case.

Congratulations on your belated honeymoon! I'm sure you'll have an excellent time. My biggest flying tip is to drink plenty of water - I always get soooo dehydrated. And make sure you have a sweater or little travel blanket, planes are usually cold (at least for me, I'm always cold though)!

I'm always cold too. Do they sell travel blankets? Can I bring water or get water on the plane? I try to drink a minimum of 16 ounces of water by 10 am, so hopefully I'll be fine. Just hope I don't have to pee until I can make it to our layover stop.

Thanks for the congratulations. When I say VERY belated, I'm talking 15 years belated. :smiley:

Yes- they do sell travel blankets... I think that I got mine at Target, it came with a neck pillow and an eye mask (I've only used the eye mask once, on a Transatlantic red-eye flight). But I also have a cheap one that I think I accidentally stole from an airline! whoops... I guess that's a confession in itself!

And good for you on getting in your trip, even if it is 15 years later. I'm guessing that after 15 years you probably have a lot more to celebrate now than the day after your wedding anyway!

WE SURE DO! We've been through a lot in the 15 years we've been married and we've stayed a strong dedicated couple. I think having to wait this long, we'll be able to appreciate a trip like this a lot more than we would have 15 years ago when I wasn't even old enough to drink. :wink:

I hope you guys have the time of your lives!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

I am so sorry about this. Not that I want to hurry this along or seem insensitive, but if you are sure he is dying maybe you would want to consider euthanasia? I know how hard that is but it is so peaceful for the animal. I have done this for all my animals, and frankly, wish someone would do this for me when I get old and sick. To be honest, I waited too long on 2 of my cats...wish I had done it sooner as they were in bad shape but I so didn't want to let them go. :(

If he becomes noticeably distressed or really sick I will do that asap, but while he is just still walking around living then I won't. Other than he is slower and eating next to nothing, he is still acting normally for the most part....but he has lost a lot of weight.....I am still super worried and not thinking he is gonna live too much longer, but not as freaked out as I was yesterday.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Confession: I want to go on a vacation with just my husband without the 5 and 7 year old. I am willing to let them stay with family for a few days. Not a month or anything, like a long weekend. My husband doesn't trust a sole on this earth with his kids so this won't happen. At least until my kids are out of the house. So I will get a kid free vacation in about 11 years if I'm lucky. This is sad to me because I think couples need time together, but I feel guilty too like he's the better parent because I'm ok with them being with other people for a few days and he won't have it. ok rambling over.

Couples do need time together without the kids. It helps you remember that it isn't just about the kids, it is about you two together.

THIS

BOTH family time and couple time are equally important!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My confession for today--I looked back at my diary and found the last honest day of logging was about two weeks ago. Probably explains the creeping I have seen on my scale as of late. Time to buckle down and get back to keeping track.

I hear ya. This week has been a mess for me as far as logging goes. I've been all over the place with eating and exercising thanks to emotional rollercoaster-ing and just life getting in the way. But I'm right there with you on the buckling down thing :) We'll get back on track!

Put me on the list for this, too. :( I've been off-track for a week now, with cookies and brownies flowing freely out of the oven at any time of the day. I NEED to get back on track. Send me good vibes and I'll return the favor? I'm so scared to weigh myself! Even my "big" pants are getting tight. :(

You got it :) When I bake, I usually enjoy one of whatever I've made and then get my mom to bring the rest to work with her. But this week, I baked walnut shortbread bars and made old-fashioned buttermilk doughnuts from scratch. She loved them so much that she refused to give them away. They call to me every time I walk into the kitchen, lol. I've got to get myself on track because I gave all of my "big" clothes away to the Goodwill. :s
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: I want to go on a vacation with just my husband without the 5 and 7 year old. I am willing to let them stay with family for a few days. Not a month or anything, like a long weekend. My husband doesn't trust a sole on this earth with his kids so this won't happen. At least until my kids are out of the house. So I will get a kid free vacation in about 11 years if I'm lucky. This is sad to me because I think couples need time together, but I feel guilty too like he's the better parent because I'm ok with them being with other people for a few days and he won't have it. ok rambling over.

No, don't feel that way. He is not better than you; just has a differing opinion. I say absolutely do NOT wait that long for a child-free vacation! Hopefully he will change his mind soon. What about any of the kids friends and their parents? Does he trust any of them? We always had a surplus of family members to watch our kids (very grateful for that), but sometimes they'd like to stay with friends' families. Exposed them to different things, too. Good luck!

He trusts no one. Not my mom, my sister friends anything for longer than a few hours. I appreciate his love for our children of course, but ya gotta cut the cord or at least stretch it some.

We have talked about doing a Disney cruise where the kids would be at the kid stuff a lot. I think we may do that the end of this year so that's a start. But even then I can see him not wanting to be away from them for too long. Now we're talking about perfect strangers being in charge of our kids.

How old are your kids?
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Stressful situations send me directly into Ben & Jerry's arms!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I am really upset this morning because my degu is dying, I am sure of it now.....he has almost completely stopped eating and now his fur is falling out.....I was up at 4am hand feeding him corn flakes but have to leave for work now and am terrified he is going to die by himself in his cage while I am not home....I can't stop crying......its gonna be a long day, or few days, every time I have to leave the house.....

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Sorry about your kitty!! That is so hard!

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Aww... I am so sorry about your cat. That is why all my cats are 100% indoor, I am so paranoid. I am currently courting a feral all black cat on my porch that I have been feeding for about a year now...trying to get him inside eventually. Not that I need 4.

And speaking of 4... I have a fifth cat that I started feeding on my porch every day too... black and white. Totally friendly. I finally took him to the vet on Monday and he is microchipped! So we are tracking his owners, which I am sure they dumped him, so far we traced him to a shelter in TN, then he was adopted and taken to DE, then surrendered to a shelter near my home, so now we are trying to find out if the shelter readopted him out or if he somehow got free.

I had to let him loose again (wasn't spending hundreds on a cat that I had to hand over to someone else) and I can't have him in my home until he is tested for feline AIDS And leukemia. So still feeding him on the porch. I am worried something will happen before the vet agrees I can keep him and will treat him. So I may soon have 4 in house, and one on the porch. Then eventually maybe I'll get Porch Kitty into my condo. Then it will be 5. I basically have a Kitty Condo. I swore I would never have more than 3. I am becoming a crazy cat lady.

Bless you!!
  • Italian_Buju
    edited May 2015
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I think I have found the one type of pain that does not make me want to eat eat eat. (Probably comfort eating, but I digress.)

My back hurts? My period cramps hurt? My everything hurts? Gimme all the food.

Migraine? Leave me on the couch to die.

This is probably the most true thing that has ever been said.

No. the truest thing is leave me alone in my bedroom, hiding under the covers, with the windows blacked out, to die. My living room is much too bright (lots of windows) for a migraine.

Now this... This is the truest thing that has ever been spoken in the history of ever. Migraine sufferers unite!

I agree!! Although I do not suffer much any more....I used to be out for 2-3 days nearly monthly with migraines.....oddly, since my mother died over ten years ago, I have had, two....in total....what a coincidence :|
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

That's just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, no matter how or when, is always so hard.

I have an indoor/outdoor (mostly outdoor) cat that I haven't seen in almost 2 weeks. We live in kind of a wooded area so I think an animal got him. I was thinking something happened last week when I didn't see him, but now that almost a whole week has passed and I still haven't seen him, I'm pretty sure he's gone for good. He was my boy and I'm sad I'll probably never get to hold him again. :'(:'(:'(

So far my little guy is hanging on, but still not really eating anything but hand fed corn flakes.....

Sorry about your kitty!! That is so hard!

Glad your little guy is hanging in there. Maybe he just needs to serious TLC that only hand fed corn flakes can provide.

I was really struggling with Owen being gone yesterday. Every time I'd think about him, I'd bread down in tears. I hope he makes his way back home. That's him in my profile picture.

Aww... I am so sorry about your cat. That is why all my cats are 100% indoor, I am so paranoid. I am currently courting a feral all black cat on my porch that I have been feeding for about a year now...trying to get him inside eventually. Not that I need 4.

And speaking of 4... I have a fifth cat that I started feeding on my porch every day too... black and white. Totally friendly. I finally took him to the vet on Monday and he is microchipped! So we are tracking his owners, which I am sure they dumped him, so far we traced him to a shelter in TN, then he was adopted and taken to DE, then surrendered to a shelter near my home, so now we are trying to find out if the shelter readopted him out or if he somehow got free.

I had to let him loose again (wasn't spending hundreds on a cat that I had to hand over to someone else) and I can't have him in my home until he is tested for feline AIDS And leukemia. So still feeding him on the porch. I am worried something will happen before the vet agrees I can keep him and will treat him. So I may soon have 4 in house, and one on the porch. Then eventually maybe I'll get Porch Kitty into my condo. Then it will be 5. I basically have a Kitty Condo. I swore I would never have more than 3. I am becoming a crazy cat lady.

This sounds like my family! We have five cats...four were previously strays that we fed off of our porch. They warm up to us over time, we take them in and quarantine them in our basement away from our other cats until they get to the vet to be tested and checked for microchips. It always seems to work out...all the cats end up getting along great, and adjust to indoor-only life just fine!

yep, I had set up the spare bedroom for him on Monday, but didn't bring him in when I didn't get him tested after we found the microchip. The vet thought it was too risky. I may now though, he keeps begging me to come in (standing at my sliding glass door and crying, running out to meet me when I get home, etc.)

I would not be able to resist this....I would have ten thousand cats if they each did this, lol.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    margfish wrote: »
    My confession is that I love gum and chew it way too much. I know it's a pretty gross habit, so I gave it up for Lent. (It was really hard!) When Lent was over it took awhile to ramp back up, but now I'm back to needing that "busy" feeling all the time. I think after these packs I'm going to try to give it up again. I don't like using it as a crutch to distract myself from food.

And @jgriffit91, I'm terrified every time I get on the scale. Particularly now that I'm mostly in maintenance because it's such a tight rope for me to walk.

I love gum too and I feel bad about it. But, I’m always afraid of having bad breath so I like to have gum around in case I need it.
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    2. Sometimes I feel like I am drowning in debt. It keeps me up at night. I have $86,000 in student loans, $3,500 in credit card debt, and $7,000 in personal loans, not to mention my mortgage. I have a great job and make decent money but my student loan payments are over $500 a month alone! I drive a 1999 car and it's starting to fall apart and there's no way I can afford a car payment. I'm so stressed. I feel like I'm suffocating. I literally slept for an hour last night cause I was so worried.
    I feel better confessing. No one in my real life knows all this. Crazy how it's easier to tell perfect strangers, huh?? Thanks for listening!!!!

Me too. I owe about $50K in student loans and then I have my car payment (so I pay about $840 a month just on my loans). I’m sure I’ll never be able to own my own home since I wouldn’t be able to make the payment. I will probably be paying this for the rest of my life. Hang in there. Know that you are not alone.
    Ps. This thread has given me the biggest mint chocolate craving ever! I've just seen the new Quest bars are chocolate mint as well. I must have one ASAP!

I saw that too and ordered some a few days ago. I’m hoping they will be here soon!

I am sorry!!! I was hoping he was going to be okay. I’m still trying to catch up so I’m hoping to see better news in the upcoming pages. :(
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    A company rep just stopped by the office with Breakfast Burritos from Santiago's. They are the best breakfast burritos in town.
    I want to go in there and stab him in the eye with a fork

We’ve had visitors come in three times this week with them and they’ve offered to give me one each time. I have turned them down each time. It makes me sad though. I want one!!!

@FroggyBug Thanks for your reply. You hang in there too!!