Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I am feeling particularly down today, had a rough weekend (my toddler is in a Spica cast for another two weeks, my husband worked all weekend) and now I'm back at work. This thread and the thought of working out when I get home are the only things cheering me up right now.

Had to look up spica cast. Is he/she at the hospital or is a family member taking care of him/her? What happened?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good wedding story? Like, did you get married somewhere weird, or whatnot? Just wondering, because we still get funny looks when we mention where we got married (married by a notary public at the car lot he ran) lol. Hubby has already promised me a beach wedding when we decide to renew our vows, but it's still cute and funny about where we actually got married :laugh:

I'm feeling oddly reminiscent and emotional today for some reason, which is weird for me lol.

We got married in our neighbor's back yard. It had palm trees, etc. so really tropical looking. When people asked what we wanted/ needed, we'd say things like, "Could you bring potato salad?" (We were consolidating 2 households and really didn't need anything.)
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Everyone knows I LOVE cookies so for my birthday last month I was given two cookie cakes. After eating almost both of them in 2 days I threw the rest away. On the 3rd morning I dug it out of the trash and ate it. It was still in it's box but still. Addiction anyone?!?!
    You should have sprayed it with Windex so you wouldn't be tempted! You're not the only one! Welcome!
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm 29 and I <3 Frozen. I have no shame.

I'm 26 and I have never seen Frozen. Or Dirty Dancing. Or Grease. Or a lot of other chick flicks. Maybe that explains my post about not knowing how to do girly things. I still have no intention of watching any of these films though.

I didn't like Grease much but I love Dirty Dancing!

Footloose!

One of my favorites, ever! The original one with Kevin Bacon, of course!

The remake was terrible :( Kevin Bacon all the way!

Omg, so terrible! And I just love Kevin Bacon...speaking of..anyone watch The Following and as sad as I am that it's cancelled? :(:(

I did not know it's cancelled ;-( I'm on episode 11 of latest series

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am feeling particularly down today, had a rough weekend (my toddler is in a Spica cast for another two weeks, my husband worked all weekend) and now I'm back at work. This thread and the thought of working out when I get home are the only things cheering me up right now.

Had to look up spica cast. Is he/she at the hospital or is a family member taking care of him/her? What happened?

He's at home, and my mom is retired so she provides care while my husband and I are at work. Otherwise it's up to my husband and I to look after him. For anyone else who doesn't know, a spica cast is basically a full body cast. He's been in it for a month now. He broke his femur playing at the park and had to have a closed reduction surgery. It's been a pretty stressful month and it's taken a toll on our family.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Have a question that I feel I can ask here without ridicule. How many steps a day would you consider sedentary vs lightly active. I try to hit 10-12k a day and wondering if I have my activity level set correctly as I changed it from sedentary to lightly active
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess that I totally started playing Hay Day because of @Susieq_1994 lol. I'm addicted now!

I'll have to try that out sometime.
    I'll have to NEVER try that out!

It is taking every bit of my will power to NOT try that out. I am easily addicted to games!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I'm caught up! Now for my real confession:

I am up 17 pounds from November, when I started this new job. I have also been back in the gym, lifting, since November. I have been telling myself that the weight gain is because I'm lifting. I know that is not true, but I can't seem to rein in. The scale hit 190 today.... :'(

I think the thing that p!sses me off the most is that I know what I should be doing. I know the formula for success. And yet, I don't follow it. Urgh.

That is frustrating! You know the formula and you can do it!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess that I totally started playing Hay Day because of @Susieq_1994 lol. I'm addicted now!

I'll have to try that out sometime.
    I'll have to NEVER try that out!

It is taking every bit of my will power to NOT try that out. I am easily addicted to games!

Me to!!

Embarrassing to admit I am over level 900 in Candy Crush eeekkkk
  • kellienw335
    Options
    kellypence wrote: »
    My son will be 10 in two weeks and wets the bed (still) on average twice a month. He could sleep through a hurricane, so I really do feel that he is just not getting the "signal" to get up on those nights he's wetting. We make sure the majority of liquids come early in the day and that the very last thing he does before getting under the covers is go pee. If his sheets are wet in the morning, he strips the bed.

On another note, he will be going to his first ever sleep away camp this August for a week and I am terrified.

To those with potty training issues....as a physical therapist specializing in Women's Health (esp pelvic floor dysfunction, though not necessarily pediatric), consider that your kids might be what's termed "functionally constipated". In other words, they're pooping regularly, however they're a couple days behind in eliminating waste. Try the corn test (if they're anything like my 6.5 year old son or my husband for that matter, they'll think it's cool). Don't have corn for at least 7-10 days, then give them a really big serving and tell them to watch for the corn in their poop. It should pass completely in 18-24 hours, however it frequently takes 3-7 days for someone with functional constipation to pass the corn. If it takes more than 2 days, it likely indicates a larger-than-it-should-be colon, which takes up space in the pelvic bowl, not allowing complete expansion of the bladder (kind of like being 8 months pregnant) and nighttime wetting. Shrinking the colon (usually via long term use of Miralax - think 3-6 months to a year) generally ends the nighttime wetting.

Just a thought, obviously check with your pediatrician...

Oh, and 'cause this is the confessions thread and here I am chiming in after 817 pages of silence (and being a couple pages behind) I confess that I've lurked since the beginning and have enjoyed voyeuristically spending time with ya'll, however as in real life, haven't felt as though my speaking would improve the silence. Hopefully though, that tidbit might help (and may possibly have many of you checking your poops for corn more often).[/quote]

That's funny and informative! You should speak up more! Welcome!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    So… I mostly need a place to noodle this around and get it out. I work for my State as a government analyst, so I have to be kinda vague and can't get into specifics. I make decent $, not great. Job security is awesome, but I like $ and I like to be challenged. I have an MBA already and I’m feeling the itch to go back and get my MS in Finance. It would be stupid to get an MS if I’m going to stay in government. I only need my BA for my job, so I’m already over-qualified.

I love the job security, but I hate that it’s not challenging, no advancement other than getting the standard automated raise every year, etc. I also love the thought of using my brain again (I’m a weirdo that loves school).
    Hubby says do it, but if I do, I have to get out of government work (I can make at least $10-$15k/yr more in private sector work and raises are usually better). In private sector, the degree would pay for itself within 2 years, maybe less. Am I crazy to want to get out of “safe” government work into private companies?

I am a person who loves school too. I actually take free classes on coursera for no reason other than the fact that I enjoy learning. I don't think it's crazy to want to be more fulfilled at work. I would say go for it.

• eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I confess I scored some serious Husband Points today - last week I ordered flowers for my wife to be delivered to her office today, and made the card out from the cats.

Just talked to her, she's giddy! (Fist pump)
    What a beautiful gesture with flowers, however I am a bit concerned about the cats' welfare.... :wink:
  • kellienw335
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I made it back from my holiday :smile: I am trying to read some/most of the old posts, but I don't know if I'll be able to get through them all (there were over 2000 new ones!). I had a great time in AZ, went to check out the Desert Museum just outside of Tucson (thanks for the suggestion!). Ate some foods I can't get here, and thought I broke a couple toes (but now I think they're just very bruised.)

Confession: I puked my guts out landing in Phoenix and again landing back in Edmonton. One of my first thoughts after each time was "I don't have to count those calories, right?"

YAYY welcome back we missed you!

Yes, we did! Also, great picture @LBuehrle8! I love y'all, but I'm just unable to keep up with this thread right now. I missed pages 797??? to 820. Don't have time to go back, so I'm sorry for all the posts I've missed, but I'm going to only be able to read what is posted during certain hours of the day. Sad. But, I have other things I have to keep up with right now.

That's understandable. It seems like the thread is moving faster than ever. I logged in this weekend just to keep up. Hope everything is ok in your world!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

Since I'm much shorter I'm not sure what the "ideal" weight is for someone who is 5'9 but I think you should keep going until you feel comfortable? I know I'm supposed to be somewhere between 110 lbs and 120 lbs but that seems so far so right now my goal is 130 lbs, once I hit that I'll readjust to 125 lbs and then go from there. Hope this helps, congrats on how far you've come already!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

He's at home, and my mom is retired so she provides care while my husband and I are at work. Otherwise it's up to my husband and I to look after him. For anyone else who doesn't know, a spica cast is basically a full body cast. He's been in it for a month now. He broke his femur playing at the park and had to have a closed reduction surgery. It's been a pretty stressful month and it's taken a toll on our family.

Oh no! That is terrible! Poor baby. And poor parents. What an ordeal. I hope he heals quickly! How much longer does he have to be in it?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Have a question that I feel I can ask here without ridicule. How many steps a day would you consider sedentary vs lightly active. I try to hit 10-12k a day and wondering if I have my activity level set correctly as I changed it from sedentary to lightly active

Don't feel bad I've alwasy wondered this too :D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I don’t know what my goal weight should be. I’m 5’9 and currently weigh 221. (That’s a big step since I’ve never admitted that to anyone!) I had the goal set at 200, but didn’t feel like that was low enough. It’s now set at 190, but now I don’t feel like that is low enough either. I weighed 180 the year before my son was born and felt awesome. I weighed 160 when I graduated from high school (and thought I was fat). I know I’ll probably find a weight where I feel comfortable and don’t have to kill myself in the gym every day. I understand all the numbers. Just not sure if I can get back to the 160s mainly because I don’t know if I have the dedication. Looking for some advice from some of you. That seems like a lot of numbers and rambling.

I'm 5'9", too. My goal weight is 165 lbs, but I'd be happy with anything in the 170's at this point.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I made it back from my holiday :smile: I am trying to read some/most of the old posts, but I don't know if I'll be able to get through them all (there were over 2000 new ones!). I had a great time in AZ, went to check out the Desert Museum just outside of Tucson (thanks for the suggestion!). Ate some foods I can't get here, and thought I broke a couple toes (but now I think they're just very bruised.)

Confession: I puked my guts out landing in Phoenix and again landing back in Edmonton. One of my first thoughts after each time was "I don't have to count those calories, right?"

YAYY welcome back we missed you!

Yes, we did! Also, great picture @LBuehrle8! I love y'all, but I'm just unable to keep up with this thread right now. I missed pages 797??? to 820. Don't have time to go back, so I'm sorry for all the posts I've missed, but I'm going to only be able to read what is posted during certain hours of the day. Sad. But, I have other things I have to keep up with right now.

That's understandable. It seems like the thread is moving faster than ever. I logged in this weekend just to keep up. Hope everything is ok in your world!

It is much too much for me to keep up with currently. Everything is fine in my world though, thank you so much for asking!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I thought 10,000 was active. I don't know if that is correct. I personally think anything under 5,000 is sedentary and anything between 5,000 - 10,000 lightly active.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

I'd just keep the 190 goal right now. When you get there, then see how you feel. Also, ultimately, set a range rather than a set number. And, do you take your measurements? Personally, I think those are much better to track and set goals for rather than just the number on the scale. Just keep doing what you are doing and adjust as you go along. Seems like you're doing great!