Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Whew I did it...found myself! Sometimes I feel like I am time traveling when I read backwards... I am running into myself in time (like Back to the Future). It has literally taken me like 4 hours of work time (thank God today was quiet). So now tonight I'll have to catch up on the 100+ post that have come in as I have been reading this.

Off to the barn folks!

Oh, and my advice, in the future, when this negative folks arrive...don't engage. I chose not to reply to keep them from becoming fresh again, but will say I love you guys and I hope this thread stays right here (wherever that may be...)!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    4e14bf66ba288.image.jpg
    Confession -
    I don't like sweet drinks. Coffee = black. Tea = unsweetened (unless a little honey in herbal hot tea when fighting a cold).

I tried a respado today (tamerindo) for the first time. Daughter tried and liked the strawberry. I kind of like tamerindo margarita on the rocks. The respado was far too sweet for me to consume. I put it in trash and felt guilty because I wanted to like it.

Respado = Mexican snow cone and has fruit in it.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Husband comes home from a week long business trip and all he wants to do is watch Orange is the New Black while drinking wine... I have enough room in my calories but I really over did it yesterday.... ugh decisions, decisions.

Is that on top of the Spongebob Out of Water wine? ;) If it is, and it were me, I would be beyond the point of caring.

@quiksylver296 hahaha it definitely is on top of Spongebob wine... I just won't over do it this weekend (I say that now)
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    4e14bf66ba288.image.jpg
    Confession -
    I don't like sweet drinks. Coffee = black. Tea = unsweetened (unless a little honey in herbal hot tea when fighting a cold).

I tried a respado today (tamerindo) for the first time. Daughter tried and liked the strawberry. I kind of like tamerindo margarita on the rocks. The respado was far too sweet for me to consume. I put it in trash and felt guilty because I wanted to like it.

Respado = Mexican snow cone and has fruit in it.

I can't help but think how much that looks like congealed blood. .____.
  • cassygirl0615
    cassygirl0615 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm still smoking because I convinced myself I can only do one thing at a time, and I chose to lose weight first. :-(
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I have a rant today:

I am having a "I hate diabetes' day.....not that I ever love it, but today it is really upsetting me.

This morning I slept in, it was the first day I did not have to get up and make lunch for my son. I came online for a bit and then noticed it was getting late and I had to get to my PT appt. So, I just had some toast for breakfast, LIKE A NORMAL PERSON MIGHT. I got into the shower,, and was so dizzy I nearly fell over. I felt sick for a long while. When I got to the office, I check my blood sugar and it is literally three times what it should be.

Why? Not because I did not take my shot or because I ate too much sugar....but because I did not have enough protein to slow the speed of the carbs in the rye toast (which has a lower GI level, which is why I eat it instead of my beloved "Italian" bread).

I have been sick all day because of that one mistake. It is after 6pm and I have not even been able to eat anything yet and I never made it to the gym. Even though my blood sugar is normal now, the rush high and crash low has made me tired and sick. I have a headache and just want to go to bed....

But, I must go put in the laundry now, and clean the kitchen, and deliver packages for our meeting next week.....UGH
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Husband comes home from a week long business trip and all he wants to do is watch Orange is the New Black while drinking wine... I have enough room in my calories but I really over did it yesterday.... ugh decisions, decisions.

Is that on top of the Spongebob Out of Water wine? ;) If it is, and it were me, I would be beyond the point of caring.

@quiksylver296 hahaha it definitely is on top of Spongebob wine... I just won't over do it this weekend (I say that now)

Spongebob wine...LOL. That sounds the opposite of tempting! Maybe not a great brand tie-in?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I will eat my favorite food and not eat the rest of the day just to not go over my calories.

Mathematically, that'll work. Sometimes I skip lunch so I can have a big dinner. BUT it's a lot better to heave your intake spread out over the day & keep you metabolism humming throughout.

But if I'm having taco pizza for dinner, then dammit, it's water & Diet Mt. Dew all day!

OMG that sounds interesting!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'm still smoking because I convinced myself I can only do one thing at a time, and I chose to lose weight first. :-(

They're both incredibly important for your health! I quit smoking 6 months ago..cold turkey. I hate to say it but quitting smoking is like losing weight- you won't do either unless you actually WANT to. You can do this if you really want it!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

You're so good about sharing your culture. I just want to say thanks for that.

I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)

I love hearing about your culture!!
    Me too! Don't stop talking about it!

Same here! I have learned SO much from @Susieq_1994! Now I'm waiting for some of these topics to come up in conversations in real life and I can be all smug about my new-found knowledge! Then if anyone asks me how I know I can be all vague and mysterious and say "I know someone online. It's a secret, though."

lol! It actually makes me really sad to see that some people who actually live among Muslims know nothing about them, just because everyone is afraid to offend by asking questions! :-/ So I spread my information far and wide! ;)

As an example, I know a young Muslim girl living in the U.S. who plays softball, and one day she was performing her prayer in a corner of the field and her coach was all confused and kept asking if she was okay. She's been playing softball for years, but nobody on her team knows that Muslims pray?

Not that I think they're bigots or anything! I just think that the fear of offending people has reached a point where it's ridiculous--everyone wants to be so politically correct and not offend anyone or ask any questions that we're actually getting more and more ignorant about each other, which is only going to cause MORE problems down the road because nobody understands anyone else!

As you can see, since I'm always harping on about it... This topic is pretty close to my heart. ;) My form of dawah (literally means invitation; it means teaching others about Islam) is to spread information about how we (Muslims) live so others won't fear us or feel afraid to ask us things in case they offend us. :)

You're awesome. I like to think (optimistically) that in my area (which has a lot of new Canadians and also quite a large Islamic Academy private school) we're pretty accepting and knowledgeable about the larger minority groups in our city, but I know it isn't always the case and, speaking for myself, I don't know anyone who grew up in the Middle East (apart from some friends who grew up in expat compounds), so I find your life especially interesting. All my Muslim acquaintances are at least second-generation Canadians so I've never heard much about day-to-day life somewhere like Saudi Arabia or Oman.

Aww, thank you! I hope you're right, but I do doubt that everyone in a particular area is accepting and knowledgeable about Muslims. :) But I guess finding someone who is from/lives in the Middle East can be a new experience! :)

I once saw a guy in an online chatroom talking about how he worked in Saudi Arabia and how everyone owned a camel and used them to get to work and school, and everyone lived in tents. I thought it was ridiculously stupid of him to do that--it just promotes making Arabs look like a bunch of backwards weirdos. I don't think he had actually visited the Middle East in his life. -_-

Well I live in Canada where we all live in igloos and ride polar bears to work and school, so there! LOL

Some people are so, so dumb......
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Does anyone get in food ruts? There's nothing I want to eat, so whatever I make doesn't really satisfie me... I guess that's why I've been snacking so much the last couple days.

I hate this! I tell myself that I will eat better tomorrow but I can't even think of anything I want to have for breakfast... that just sucks. Nothing just sounds appealing. Except junk. I'm feeling gross and disappointed in myself for eating 700 calories over maintenance today... mostly from granola bars etc.

I pretty much eat the same thing every day. When I don't eat that thing I get sad and wish I had eaten it. :) I like my food rut. Then I get tired and switch to a new habit!

Me too! Current food obsession: Peanut butter chocolate oatmeal. I get so sad if I don't get to eat it every day, it feels like I missed something awesome.

I am like that too! Every day, same breakfast and same lunch with maybe a switch up of my side of veggies, dinner would vary for the most part. But since I got super sick on Monday and vomited my life away, I have NO INTEREST in any of my "regular" foods. :(
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    It never rains but it pours!

Got home today, checked on mum all gone well, just wait for further biopsy results to make they got it all.

My dad said my sister's social worker rang yesterday. Some of you may remember I mentioned previously my parents and I have custody of her 2 year old son and she is pregnant again. Anyway, it seems that the picture is bleak for the unborn child ( a little girl) and the social are minded to take this one into care when she's born, and they wanted to know if we'd have her.

Of course the answer is yes. But I can't tell you how tired and stressed that makes me feel already. My mum and I run our own company together, but she will have to give up work to care for baby, so the earning to keep us falls on me and my dad only. Not to mention the burden of caring for a baby and a toddler. I can't leave my parents to do it all on their own, but I feel exhausted just thinking about a baby.

I.never wanted children.

And my nanna blabbed to my mum something I said at the weekend (when drunk) about finding driving home every weekend and having Charlie tiring. Which is true, doesn't mean I don't want to do it.

But now my mum is horribly upset. And it's the last thing she needs.

So tonight, everything will be eaten. And I am enjoying one night in lazy solitude. No boyfriend, no girlfriend, no child, no expectations, just me, my sofa, my TV and some ice cream

Sorry to hear that!

It is most likely better that this baby is taken straight away though.

I am thinking that is what is gonna happen to my daughter's sister as well.....
  • Italian_Buju
    edited June 2015
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    [quote="KrisiAnnH;32927543

Confession for this evening; my parents called me earlier to let me know they're having the family dog put down soon. My natural reaction when upset is usually to curl up under a duvet and eat lots of sugary comfort food, but I'm trying to resist. I know it's only a dog, and in comparison to what a lot of you all are going through it seems really trivial, but it still sucks. Our dog is the first 'proper' pet I've had (aside from goldfish and pet rats when I was really young), and I grew up with her. Still, at least she's lived to the ripe old age of 15!

It's definitely not "just a dog"...but a family member and a friend. Putting our 15.5 year old dog down last summer was seriously the hardest thing ever...but it had to be done. He was at the point where he couldn't live/breathe outside of an oxygen chamber. I think about him every single day and still "say goodnight" to him every night when I go to bed. I just try to remember the absolutely awesome 15 years I got to spend with him! <3

Edit: I somehow messed that up with the quoting..
    Awh that's a lovely story, that's actually made me feel a lot better, thank you :) She's able to eat and walk on her own, but I think the deciding factor was this weekend when she couldnt get up off the kitchen floor on her own, and my mum and I had to lift her up. She was fine once she was on her feet but still... At least I live close enough that I can pop back and see her before she goes, I'm just a bit worried that me getting upset may upset her, dogs have a tendency to pick up on these things.

NOT just a dog....those are family members! I guess you missed how upset I was over my rodent, I cried for days!

I am actually sending a thank you card out to my vet today......

I vaguely remember people talking about rats/rodent pets but I must have missed the context. I'm so sorry to hear that, I have a hamster myself, so I know where you're coming from.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words by the way, my parents are yet to set the date for it and seem very unsure but it is an inevitability, so maybe its best they told me sooner rather than later[/quote]

He was a degu, and my profile photo is of him. I spent lots of time holding him up in my SO's face when we first got him saying "I'm not a rat" LOL.

This Christmas I am gonna get an ordainment with his name and stuff engraved.....I did the same when the other one died years ago...and last Christmas got a 'baby's 1st Christmas' one with my Kyrie's name and year engraved on it....

I tried to fix the quote, I wonder if it worked......

ETA: that would be no
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Does anyone get in food ruts? There's nothing I want to eat, so whatever I make doesn't really satisfie me... I guess that's why I've been snacking so much the last couple days.

I hate this! I tell myself that I will eat better tomorrow but I can't even think of anything I want to have for breakfast... that just sucks. Nothing just sounds appealing. Except junk. I'm feeling gross and disappointed in myself for eating 700 calories over maintenance today... mostly from granola bars etc.

I pretty much eat the same thing every day. When I don't eat that thing I get sad and wish I had eaten it. :) I like my food rut. Then I get tired and switch to a new habit!

Me too! Current food obsession: Peanut butter chocolate oatmeal. I get so sad if I don't get to eat it every day, it feels like I missed something awesome.

I am like that too! Every day, same breakfast and same lunch with maybe a switch up of my side of veggies, dinner would vary for the most part. But since I got super sick on Monday and vomited my life away, I have NO INTEREST in any of my "regular" foods. :(

I tend to have obsessions too... will eat the same thing for a few days, but then I typically get bored with it. My last one was California roll salad... that was really good too. But nope, still in a rut. I mostly stuck to lean meat and veggies today though and managed to keep a pretty good deficit, so I'm back in deficit for the week. I confess I'm really happy about that, after what happened yesterday.

Still absolutely no idea what to eat tomorrow.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Has anyone seen @noaddedsugarx around recently? Just thinking about her and her grandmother and hoping she's doing all right.

I was wondering the same thing. It's been a while.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Me too.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I confess that I love Taylor Swift's song Style but hate her new song Bad Blood.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    When it finally comes time for a cheat meal... It some how magically turns into a cheat day... Then cheat week... And it only gets worse from there :/ Then after those awful cheat days, I decide I'll start again Monday. EVERY. DANG. TIME. Lol

I don't know if this is helpful or not (I'm still relatively new to this whole thing), but I don't do "cheat meals". If I am craving something, I just make sure it fits into my daily calorie allowance or I work out extra to make it fit. I don't view food as "good" or "bad" I just view as "good" or "gross". I hope you can get back on track. Good luck.

+1..me too! Definitely helped my "relationship" with food. If I want it, I make room for it, or balance out my calories the rest of the week!

I agree with this as well. A while back we got on the topic of Poptarts to the point that I had to go out and get some. I had one to get it out of my system. A month later i still have a few left.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    When I worked as a youth counselor at a wilderness boarding school we sometimes had rice with sugar and butter for breakfast and the girls called it "Poor boy cereal"..I was not a fan personally.

You people putting sugar on your rice are monsters.

Confession: There were times when I was super broke where rice with barbecue sauce was dinner. Still would.

As a broke newlywed, I made Hamburger Helper without any hamburger or milk. Blech. Gosh, that was 1996. I haven't bought Hamburger Helper in at least 14(?) years. The thought of eating it now....disgusting. :s

As a broke kid, we ate tuna and rice for at least one year non-stop, because my mom couldn't afford to feed us anything else. I still pretty much hate tuna and rice.

Then, when we had a slight step up, it progressed to macaroni covered in Chicken Tonight sauce, with not a chicken bit in sight. Every. Single. Day. Just thinking about that horrible combination still makes me sick. That stuff was not made to be put on macaroni! :s

Yum tuna & rice:D. I just had salmon & rice for lunch the other day. For dinner the past few nights I've been eating pasta noodles & parmesan since I can't stand most pasta sauces now. I could go for some good homemade macraroni & cheese with topping on it.

I remember growing up my mom making a lot of cheap pasta dishes like spaghetti, lasagna, chili, chicken corn soup, & hamburger helpers. She made one meal that to this day grosses me out even though I love broccoli & cauliflower now.

She would make a disgusting casserole & not cut up the veggies very well so you would be chomping away on the stalks or hard piece of the flower.
    I make a lot of pasta sauces from scratch. I always make my own cream sauces and cheese sauces. If it is spaghetti sauce I will buy a jar but will add my own spices to adjust to my own taste. But the best is a Bolognese sauce I've come across. It is SO good that I can eat the sauce on its own without noodles
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    I can barely eat rice as rice, I do not understand eating it as dessert when there are so many better things out there!!

Big Brother people - I just saw a clip of Audrey (transgender houseguest) being interviewed by Jeff Schroeder.....I do not know why they keep using him to do interviews and stuff for that show....he is a jerk....ugh

Julie just got choked up talking about said house guest saying that she hopes fans watch with an open heart and an open mind and learn something about a community they might not know about <3

I haven't watched any of the interviews...but what makes you say that Jeff is a jerk? I've always thought he was a sweet, silly, fun guy. I loved both him and Jordan.

As did I. I loved watching Jordan on Amazing Race, I just wish that she made it further. Never could stand Rachel.

I could not stand Rachel, ugh.

Did you not find that Jeff treated Jordan pretty poorly during AR?

Rachel irritated the crap out of me. I always feel like Jeff talks down to Jordan; like just sit there and be pretty, but don't talk.

YES! He is homophobic AND misogynistic!

Clearly, I need to pay better attention. Maybe because I didn't watch Amazing Race...or was it like this when they were on BB too?