Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Food is my habit. I eat too much because I enjoy eating. Simple as that.

It should be just as simple to NOT eat, since it's not hunger that drives the food into my mouth but good grief it's hard to stop.

Old habits are hard to break.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr P is great.

I recently tried diet A&W cream soda and love it too.

And Diet Mt. Dew. I don't even like regular Dew!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Susie - Another couple of questions for you!
    The community centre where I live is used as a place for Friday prayers. Does it temporarily become a 'mosque' for that period, or it still just a community centre used for prayers? It's usually pretty well attended, but as I was driving past today I noticed a lot more cars than usual - is that because it's Ramadan? Are there different prayers or anything during this time? I'm thinking how a lot of Christians attend church at Christmas and Easter but not much throughout the rest of the year - is it similar? Also, I see a few women but not many. Do the women pray separately?
    Thanks! (No apology this time! :) )
    Finally! No apology! ;)

Well, anywhere that has a clean and open space can be a temporary mosque--most mosques are also community centers that hold classes, events, and all kinds of other things. Muslims who are in financial distress can often even make their home temporarily in some large mosques. In the time of the prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) even war prisoners were kept in the mosque! It also functioned as a meeting place, a court, a resting place, and many other things back then. The only thing that's not allowed in a mosque is trade--basically you're not allowed to sell things there. So yes, a community center can function as a mosque. :) Some mosques prevent non-Muslims from entering, but this isn't correct Islamically, so using a community center that non-Muslims also use isn't an issue as long as there isn't music or movies or other loud disturbances played during the prayer times.

Ramadan is a very special month in that you get tons of extra blessings for every good deed you do--you basically constantly get reward throughout the day as long as your intent is to please God. Because of this, people generally make more effort during Ramadan to worship at the mosque, pray extra prayers, read more Qur'an, and so on.

It is obligatory for men to pray in congregation rather than alone at home, so usually you'll find mostly men there no matter what time of year it is. It is preferred in Islam for women to pray at home, where they can worship in comfort, so not many women will go to the mosque--but it's also specifically instructed that men should never prevent their wives or daughters from praying in the mosque if that is what they wish to do. Islamically speaking, they aren't supposed to pray separately--the men pray in front, and the women pray behind them, but not in a separate room. However, nowadays, most mosques are segregated.

Yes, Ramadan has a special extra prayer called Taraweeh, which begins after Isha (the last prayer of the day) and often lasts for an hour or more. It's not an obligatory prayer, but it's highly recommended, and the blessings for praying Taraweeh in the mosque are huge--if you pray until the Imam (the one who leads the prayer) finishes praying, then you get an award equal to the reward of a person who stayed up all night, praying.

While praying in congregation is supposed to be obligatory for men, it's true that many are negligent of their worship and attend the mosque only in Ramadan, Friday prayers, and Eid prayer. Just like the churchgoers who skip Sunday service, I guess. :) Friday prayers are obligatory as well, and they replace the regular noon prayer (Dhuhr) on Fridays; and if men don't attend them at the mosque without a valid reason, then it's as if they haven't prayed the noon prayer at all. As mentioned earlier, women can just pray at home with no issue. :)
    Thanks for explaining! That all makes sense. I also did a bit of reading and it seems that a large new Islamic centre is planned for our area of the city, so I guess this is a temporary home for now.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I just realise I missed page 1000, dammit!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Feels good to be wearing clothes that truly fit again. No more sucking in my gut or keeping the top button of my pants unbuttoned! I am donating all of my oversized clothes so I have nothing to swell into down the road.
    Good for you! That's awesome.

Thanks! I am almost down 50, even though MFP says like 38 cuz I didn't record the last gain over winter. Roomy clothes are awesome! (And by roomy, I mean properly fit as opposed to squeezing into while simultaneously cutting off circulation ;))

Way to go! That's awesome and I'm sure your clothes and circulation are thanking you. :wink:

Hahaha thanks and yes they are. I've essentially unlocked a section of my wardrobe that hasn't been worn in years. Hell, some still have the tags on them cuz they were too small to wear on day one. I'm trying them on tonight. I hope they all fit!

That is absolutely adorable.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, for dinner last night I had Cheese Nips and a handful of chocolate eggs leftover from Easter. And beer. Yay!
    You had chocolate leftover from Easter? How?!

Seriously, tell me how.

I was as shocked as you guys. For Easter, my BIL gave my son a cardboard egg "thing" with candy in it and it's been sitting on his dresser since then. I assumed it was empty, because candy + my kid, or filled with Legos or something. But lo, it was not! I need to clean up in there more often.
    Aha! So, it was not known that there was leftover candy...makes a little more sense now. And yes, go clean out his closet and see what you find!

I still have Easter candy left. As a matter of fact, I haven't touched my dark chocolate bunny yet. I know it's there, I just don't use calories on candy very often. I'd rather use them on fries or bacon cheeseburgers.
    Growing up, I always preferred salty to sweet. A few years ago, when I started really working out, it was like a switch was flipped. No more chips, peanuts, fries...I want alllll the candy, cookies, cakes, and ice cream. I will eat salty things and enjoy them...but never really crave them or want to use calories on them. That is, until now after being sick on Monday/Tuesday...now sweet stuff makes me want to throw up all over again...so I've been having salty stuff as my snacks the past few days.

I love salty. I rarely have cravings for sweet stuff, it's almost always salty that I'm hungry for. I very rarely will turn down chips or really crispy fries. They are my weakness. Especially with an ice cold Dr. Pepper. My favorite go to snack.

I love salty too. Can't keep chips in the house. Or dry roasted peanuts.

Last night I was craving cookies which I honestly never do. But I've figured out by the pain by my hip that it's ovulation day. That probably explains the extra weight.

Weird though, I very seldom get hormonal cravings. I blame this thread!! ;)

I have also been craving cookies, check out my diary, and it is because of hormones too.

Confession: I started my period today and I could NOT be happier because that means unless I have some freakishly long cycle, I will be period free for my vacation. I may have thanked God out loud while going to the bathroom. TMI I know, but I just had to share. Also, that could explain some of the weight gain I've experienced recently even though I'm still in a deficit.

Yay for period free vacation!!
    So, for dinner last night I had Cheese Nips and a handful of chocolate eggs leftover from Easter. And beer. Yay!

Seriously, tell me how.

I was as shocked as you guys. For Easter, my BIL gave my son a cardboard egg "thing" with candy in it and it's been sitting on his dresser since then. I assumed it was empty, because candy + my kid, or filled with Legos or something. But lo, it was not! I need to clean up in there more often.
    Aha! So, it was not known that there was leftover candy...makes a little more sense now. And yes, go clean out his closet and see what you find!

I still have Easter candy left. As a matter of fact, I haven't touched my dark chocolate bunny yet. I know it's there, I just don't use calories on candy very often. I'd rather use them on fries or bacon cheeseburgers.
    Growing up, I always preferred salty to sweet. A few years ago, when I started really working out, it was like a switch was flipped. No more chips, peanuts, fries...I want alllll the candy, cookies, cakes, and ice cream. I will eat salty things and enjoy them...but never really crave them or want to use calories on them. That is, until now after being sick on Monday/Tuesday...now sweet stuff makes me want to throw up all over again...so I've been having salty stuff as my snacks the past few days.

I love salty. I rarely have cravings for sweet stuff, it's almost always salty that I'm hungry for. I very rarely will turn down chips or really crispy fries. They are my weakness. Especially with an ice cold Dr. Pepper. My favorite go to snack.

I love salty too. Can't keep chips in the house. Or dry roasted peanuts.

Last night I was craving cookies which I honestly never do. But I've figured out by the pain by my hip that it's ovulation day. That probably explains the extra weight.

Weird though, I very seldom get hormonal cravings. I blame this thread!! ;)

I have also been craving cookies, check out my diary, and it is because of hormones too.

Confession: I started my period today and I could NOT be happier because that means unless I have some freakishly long cycle, I will be period free for my vacation. I may have thanked God out loud while going to the bathroom. TMI I know, but I just had to share. Also, that could explain some of the weight gain I've experienced recently even though I'm still in a deficit.

Yay for period free vacation!!

:smiley:

• MoHousdon
    Options

Seriously, tell me how.

I bought some Diet Dr. Pepper today because of how many times I've seen you mention it recently. I used to love it and haven't had it in such a long time. I'm pumped!

Happy to influence you. When I say DP, I'm not talking that diet stuff. I'm talking the real, full calorie oh so delicious brown liquid manna from Heaven.

I REALLY love Dr. Pepper. I may have to cave and get one at dinner tonight.

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Oh man, you guys should read the Fail Friday thread on the xxFitness reddit board. I literally had tears from laughing so hard at a couple. (here's the link, although I'm not sure that's allowed or not - if it's not someone tell me and I'll edit it out http://www.reddit.com/r/xxfitness/comments/3ae378/weekly_thread_fail_friday_because_being_awesome/)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Looks like now I need to figure out how to burn off 700 calories to put myself back into the green again.......damn Talenti....
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    This morning is my kids' last morning of school... I'm not too happy about it. Less stressed than last year though... but still. I'm sorely going to miss my alone time. I'm not working out this morning so I can enjoy it (still got to run to the store though) but I'll take the kids to the gym this afternoon to keep them busy. I foresee a lot of time spent on the treadmill in the next 3 months.

I confess that I haven't touched my weights for 3 days and I really don't want to...

I confess that I judge customers when they buy 2 pound weights or even four pound weights.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I just had the BEST NSV so far! Doing my lunch time weight training and I was sharing the squat rack with a personal trainer. So far I can squat 50Kg and he asked me if I'm going any higher to which I replied "No, I thought I would stay at 50Kg and check my form is ok and I'm comfortable before I go higher." To which he said "Pffft your form is better than most men in this gym!" I was like :open_mouth:Really?! Made my day! :lol:

I just had to share it with you all, because that has actually made the lack of movement on the scales completely worth it. :smile:

Awesome NSV!

Had to Google how heavy 50KG is & nice job on the heavy weights.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Russell Stover eggs? If so, I am jealous haha.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Morning all. Just checking in. Meds taken. Am now going to walk up to Charlie's school to do swimming with his class. I do it every friday.

Sounds fun:). How hot is it in England during the summer?

Hah not very at the moment! It depends. It can vary but if it gets above about 23-25 celcius we view it as a heat wave and start panicking. It's not gotten above about 16 celcius where I live though, and that's below average even for us.

That's not too bad. Usually in Pennsylvania during the summer it can range mostly from 80-100; however, the humidity is what kills us.

The first time I went to see my sister in Hawaii I thought wow it's not humid so it's not that hot! Big mistake! I had blisters all over my one arm.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I will eat my favorite food and not eat the rest of the day just to not go over my calories.

Mathematically, that'll work. Sometimes I skip lunch so I can have a big dinner. BUT it's a lot better to heave your intake spread out over the day & keep you metabolism humming throughout.

But if I'm having taco pizza for dinner, then dammit, it's water & Diet Mt. Dew all day!

OMG that sounds interesting!

It is pretty awesome.

I get a Boboli whole wheat crust, the "sauce" is refried black beans with salsa mixed in, the meat is Jennie-o Taco seasoned turkey, and then top it with 2% mexican blend cheese, green onions, tomatoes, bell peppers & jalapenos.

Once it's done, I top each slice with a tsp of guac & nonfat plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream.)

Works out to about 300 cals a slice (1/8 pizza), but it's worth it!

That sounds amazing.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I listen to Let It Go (sometimes) while I run.

That's nothing. I lip synch and quasi dance while on the eliptical. Anything to keep my mind off the fact that I still have x minutes to go. I'm sure my 6'4" 280 lb self looks quite manly singing Aung dancing to such classics as lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, etc.

(btw I actually have decent musical taste outside the gym. I just find my usual indie fare lacks some motivational punch on the cardio equipment.)

I lip sync too. People at the gym must think I am nuts.

I am totally in this boat! Also, I sometimes yell at the TV when I'm watching sports!

I sometimes use the treadmill as my runaway or do weird dances if some jam from the '80's or '90's comes on.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I listen to Let It Go (sometimes) while I run.

That's nothing. I lip synch and quasi dance while on the eliptical. Anything to keep my mind off the fact that I still have x minutes to go. I'm sure my 6'4" 280 lb self looks quite manly singing Aung dancing to such classics as lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, etc.

(btw I actually have decent musical taste outside the gym. I just find my usual indie fare lacks some motivational punch on the cardio equipment.)

I lip sync too. People at the gym must think I am nuts.

I am totally in this boat! Also, I sometimes yell at the TV when I'm watching sports!

I sometimes use the treadmill as my runaway or do weird dances if some jam from the '80's or '90's comes on.

I will too..but mostly using big arm movements trying to act out the song. I have (more than once) knocked my ear buds out of my ears by swinging my arm and hitting/pulling the cord. I have even yanked the whole MP3 player out of my shorts pocket...scares the crap out of me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    And whichever one of you mentioned 6pm.com the other day is in trouble... I can't stop putting things in my online shopping cart!!

Whoo:D. What are you buying, what are you buying? I looked at designer jeans, but sadly all the ones I liked were for smaller waist sizes.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I ordered an awesome pair of purple sunglasses from Versace. They were back ordered and I was impatient and grumpy yesterday so I skipped the gym and went to Sunglass Hut and bought a pair of rose / wine colored Burberry's. Just got notice today the Versace's will be here tomorrow. Whoops. Total impulse buy, but I'm already feeling fabulous in the Burberry's. Can hardly wait to get the Versaces!

I just discovered how much I adore Burberry perfume. I'd love to see your sunglasses. Post a picture?

I don't know how! But, I think I can find a link. Let me look. Ah, these ones in this same color: http://us.burberry.com/oversize-square-frame-sunglasses-p39736581?search=true

But, they were on sale AND I had a $40 off coupon.

EEE I love them!!! You have great taste!

Thank you! I love them, too. These are the Versace that should be delivered today: http://www.smartbuyglasses.com/designer-sunglasses/Versace/Versace-VE4260-50648H-199004.html

Those are really cute & a pretty decent price for designer.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    So the salad I would have if I got hungry after my 10am lunch ended up being a pop tart with ice cream and an apple.

The salad I was going to have for iftar yesterday to make up for messing up so badly the day before ended up being a salad, two peanut butter/chocolate chip sandwiches, two servings of ice cream, and ten peanut butter cookies. With milk.

lol. the salad I was going to have yesterday turned into half a huge cookie, 3 handfuls of dark chocolate covered caramel corn and a vat of chips & salsa. That's a neat trick.

It usually is just with broccoli but whenever I have that in my diary it usually turns into ice cream or peanut butter on rice cakes.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Somehow I've lost all my physical strength. I can barely do ten push-ups in a row. And I'm not even underweight, so I don't have an excuse. How did I let this happen? Ugh. I'm going to start working on it again.