Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I have for my list:

-Exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes
    -Stay within 100 calories of my goal without using earned exercise calories
    -Some alcohol (Red wine < 5 oz.)
    -Do some gosh darn food prep because my dad keeps eating it all! :rage: (at least he's eating healthy food)

Alright, I know, I'm starting off light. Sometimes we need baby steps.
    OH! And look into getting a fitbit since everyone seems to love them so much. :lol:

That would be SO annoying. I'm actually thankful that I no longer live with my family because I hated it when people would eat my food without asking! Since I prepare the majority of our meals, my husband doesn't do that, which I'm also very thankful for. :p

As for baby steps, I agree! As you can see by my list, I'm just starting out crawling, really. :) Very easy things.

... Everyone in this thread is going to own a Fitbit soon, thanks to my announcement. And that will be AWESOME. :p

I've had people ask me why I don't move out on my own. I make enough money and I could go to school and cook my own meals and have ALL the benefits of living on my own. However, and my father is too proud to admit it so my mother told me, the household would not be able to run without my rent money that I pay them.

My mom is currently up in Dallas, TX taking care of my cousin Sheri as she fights her 3rd battle with breast cancer. When she gets back she wants to get a job and go back to work, save some money again and get a house that is smaller and easier to maintain on the lower budget they have since my other Uncle died and we weren't getting his disability anymore.

I don't begrudge them a dime of my rent because now that I pay that rent, it pays for my food(I just pick out healthier stuff and cook it myself), my shampoo, water that I use, the use of the room, the bed, the internet. Granted it is more than I would actually pay for an apartment in Bastrop for all of those things, but I also owe them a debt for supporting me when I first got divorced. They were there when I needed them and now it's my turn to stay, even though sometimes I don't want to, because they need me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!

I have to ask....what's a Mr. Whippy?

Haha not sure if anyone has answered this...if you are not from/in UK it probably sounds strange. It's soft scoop whipped ice cream in a cone with a chocolate flake. Also known as a 99 from when they used to cost 99 pence (sterling). They are served from an ice cream van. Reminds me of childhood!

I seen Orange post about clotted cream & was wondering is that more of a whipped cream, cottage cheese, or yogurt?
    Clotted cream isn't much like whipped cream at all. It's made by slowly heating full-cream milk and letting the fat rise to the surface. The clotted cream forms a kind of crust and the whole top layer gets spooned off. That all sounds pretty vile but it's really the most amazingly delicious thing.

Sounds yummy to me! So is it used mostly on ice creams?
    Not really, although that does sound delicious. More on scones with jam (this, plus a pot of tea is a 'cream tea' and is a thing of beauty), or on something like warm apple pie or a plum crumble (a crumble is a baked fruit dessert with a butter/flour/brown sugar topping - a bit like a 'crisp' but without oats in the topping). Yum. Can you tell I'm hungry?!

Yum that all sounds so good. I'll take an order of the plum crumble but maybe with apples instead & extra, extra, extra crumble:D.
    Yep! Can do. It would look like this. No wonder I got fat, I used to make desserts like this all the time.
    kgw0eo7c1ew4.jpg

That looks so good!

I am still within my calories but it's only 7:15 & I already ate a little over a cup of ice cream, a Quest bar, Post Ice Cream Pebbles with a Tiramisu yogurt, & a Fiber One Salted Caramel Cheesecake bar. Damn period.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Checking in from page 1084 I'm far behind so won't quote anything. Back from a day at Goodwood Festival of Speed was brilliant and enjoyed my pieminister beef and ale pie followed by a large Mr Whippy. My Fitbit says I did 12500 steps so I'm not even sorry!

Haha not sure if anyone has answered this...if you are not from/in UK it probably sounds strange. It's soft scoop whipped ice cream in a cone with a chocolate flake. Also known as a 99 from when they used to cost 99 pence (sterling). They are served from an ice cream van. Reminds me of childhood!

I seen Orange post about clotted cream & was wondering is that more of a whipped cream, cottage cheese, or yogurt?
    Clotted cream isn't much like whipped cream at all. It's made by slowly heating full-cream milk and letting the fat rise to the surface. The clotted cream forms a kind of crust and the whole top layer gets spooned off. That all sounds pretty vile but it's really the most amazingly delicious thing.

Not really, although that does sound delicious. More on scones with jam (this, plus a pot of tea is a 'cream tea' and is a thing of beauty), or on something like warm apple pie or a plum crumble (a crumble is a baked fruit dessert with a butter/flour/brown sugar topping - a bit like a 'crisp' but without oats in the topping). Yum. Can you tell I'm hungry?!

Yum that all sounds so good. I'll take an order of the plum crumble but maybe with apples instead & extra, extra, extra crumble:D.
    Yep! Can do. It would look like this. No wonder I got fat, I used to make desserts like this all the time.
    kgw0eo7c1ew4.jpg

That looks so good!

I am still within my calories but it's only 7:15 & I already ate a little over a cup of ice cream, a Quest bar, Post Ice Cream Pebbles with a Tiramisu yogurt, & a Fiber One Salted Caramel Cheesecake bar. Damn period.

I KNOW! Stupid TOM and EVERYTHING THAT COME WITH IT!

Bright side: The bloating has subsided and I am now 1.2 lbs lighter than before! :lol:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Eee so I'm probably the only one who would be excited about this but Ed Sheeran is coming to Cincinnati in September and I get to go see him AHHHHH England in August with my English man and a concert in September with my other British boyfriend woo hoo best year EVER!! ❤️

I don't know who this is? I have a feeling some folks may judge me for that based on the comments.

No judging here. I have no idea who most of the singers are on the radio nowadays.

Ed-Sheeran-x-ed-sheeran-x-32982729-1920-1080.jpg

That's Ed Sheeran
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Eee so I'm probably the only one who would be excited about this but Ed Sheeran is coming to Cincinnati in September and I get to go see him AHHHHH England in August with my English man and a concert in September with my other British boyfriend woo hoo best year EVER!! ❤️

I don't know who this is? I have a feeling some folks may judge me for that based on the comments.

No judging here. I have no idea who most of the singers are on the radio nowadays.

That's Ed Sheeran

I have ALWAYS had a thing for red heads. My ex-husband was a red head with long hair(to about mid back) and it was wavy!
    Add in the fact that Mr. Sheeran can play guitar AND sing, I'm sold.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention it's mountain -5 days now!!

My new waterproof gloves arrived today
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Well. Just got back from the doctors. Saw a different doctor this time. He said NO carbs. Not even yogurt, he said if I don't lose weight on this, we have a serious problem. I asked him if it could be anything else and he said "Well, we could faff around putting you on different diets, but it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into this already so I recommend you go straight to the jugular and cut carbs. It will work, it will always work. It's hard, and it will suck, it will really suck, but you will lose fat." So I went to the nearest bakery, bought myself an apple and raspberry danish (at 9 in the morning) and ate it while driving to work. If I can't have carbs for the next 2 months, I'm going to end it with something amazing. and it was.

Oh, that really stinks. :( Hope it goes well for you! In his definition of NO carbs, I assume non-starchy veggies are still allowed? I really hope you lose a good amount of weight on this--you've been working SO HARD and not seeing results and I'm sure it's just horribly, awfully frustrating.

... I totally would have done that too. I LOVE danishes.

I don't think they are, he said no root vegetables and no squashes (butternut squash or pumpkin etc). The more I talk about it the harder it becomes. He said no tomato, which pretty much rules out everything. I keep thinking oh well I'll do this and substitute the carbs and then you realise it has a tomato based sauce. It's slowly looking more and more impossible.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to return the protein shake powder I bought at the weekend aren't I? Dammit, one of them was cookies and cream and I was really looking forward to trying it.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    @coastalpath I’m really sorry you are struggling. If you can, try and carve a few minutes out of each day to look after yourself, whether its some deep breathing/meditation, exercise, a solitary cup of coffee. It is also important that you acknowledge your stress and feelings, don’t squash them away because others think you should. Everything you think and feel is valid to you.

I’m going to check out the fitbit thread in a moment. I’m having a bit of a sucky morning at work.

Totally randomly, as I drove back from Devon last night, I planned what I might have for my wedding reception. Partly inspired by this thread and partly by a comedienne that was on radio 4 (don’t judge) yesterday. Bear in mind my relationship structure means I will never get married, but still, I planned it…

So I’d have an afternoon tea, catered by my favourite Torquay café, with made to order sandwiches (guests choose from a small list of fillings); bread is home made white or granary. A variety of home made scones, with cherry, or ginger, or white choc chips in. Lots of different fruit jams. And huge bowls of clotted cream. There may also be cinnamon toast. And lots of different cakes, like Victoria sponge, lemon drizzle, chocolate brownie. All served with either tea, coffee (from starbucks) or something sparkling, probably Prosecco or Asti (I’m actually a cherry lambrini kind of girl). Set to a background of string quartet music.

And for evening meal I’d have a Chinese buffet, in the style of the Mongolian barbecue restaurant chain (do they have those in the states?) basically, you take your bowl, choose your meat/veg/noodles/cooking sauce, and they cook it on a flat top stove while you wait.

It will be held in a marquee, on the cliff tops, near where I live (in Devon).

I spent nearly 200 miles planning this. I have no idea what I’d be wearing, nor what the ceremony would be like.

Who cares about the ceremony, can I come to your imagined wedding reception for the food? Be a love and make it halal meat, will you? :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I have for my list:

-Do some gosh darn food prep because my dad keeps eating it all! :rage: (at least he's eating healthy food)

OH! And look into getting a fitbit since everyone seems to love them so much. :lol:

That would be SO annoying. I'm actually thankful that I no longer live with my family because I hated it when people would eat my food without asking! Since I prepare the majority of our meals, my husband doesn't do that, which I'm also very thankful for. :p

As for baby steps, I agree! As you can see by my list, I'm just starting out crawling, really. :) Very easy things.

... Everyone in this thread is going to own a Fitbit soon, thanks to my announcement. And that will be AWESOME. :p

I've had people ask me why I don't move out on my own. I make enough money and I could go to school and cook my own meals and have ALL the benefits of living on my own. However, and my father is too proud to admit it so my mother told me, the household would not be able to run without my rent money that I pay them.

My mom is currently up in Dallas, TX taking care of my cousin Sheri as she fights her 3rd battle with breast cancer. When she gets back she wants to get a job and go back to work, save some money again and get a house that is smaller and easier to maintain on the lower budget they have since my other Uncle died and we weren't getting his disability anymore.

I don't begrudge them a dime of my rent because now that I pay that rent, it pays for my food(I just pick out healthier stuff and cook it myself), my shampoo, water that I use, the use of the room, the bed, the internet. Granted it is more than I would actually pay for an apartment in Bastrop for all of those things, but I also owe them a debt for supporting me when I first got divorced. They were there when I needed them and now it's my turn to stay, even though sometimes I don't want to, because they need me.

That's very kind of you to do, in my opinion. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I forgot to mention it's mountain -5 days now!!

My new waterproof gloves arrived today

Yay, countdown time! Are you excited? Or just terrified? :D
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Well. Just got back from the doctors. Saw a different doctor this time. He said NO carbs. Not even yogurt, he said if I don't lose weight on this, we have a serious problem. I asked him if it could be anything else and he said "Well, we could faff around putting you on different diets, but it seems you have put a lot of time and effort into this already so I recommend you go straight to the jugular and cut carbs. It will work, it will always work. It's hard, and it will suck, it will really suck, but you will lose fat." So I went to the nearest bakery, bought myself an apple and raspberry danish (at 9 in the morning) and ate it while driving to work. If I can't have carbs for the next 2 months, I'm going to end it with something amazing. and it was.

Oh, that really stinks. :( Hope it goes well for you! In his definition of NO carbs, I assume non-starchy veggies are still allowed? I really hope you lose a good amount of weight on this--you've been working SO HARD and not seeing results and I'm sure it's just horribly, awfully frustrating.

I don't think they are, he said no root vegetables and no squashes (butternut squash or pumpkin etc). The more I talk about it the harder it becomes. He said no tomato, which pretty much rules out everything. I keep thinking oh well I'll do this and substitute the carbs and then you realise it has a tomato based sauce. It's slowly looking more and more impossible.

Yikes. :( I couldn't possibly live without tomatoes! So what CAN you eat? :o
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have for my list:

Your plan seems awesome.

My plan is to exercise at least once a day (might not be happening with period coming up)
    Keep reading my New Rules Of Lifting For Women book (on the chapter of diet)
    Try to at least get 10,000 steps a day
    Keep my potassium levels up (getting that easily eating a lot of veggies, few servings of beans, & a serving of fruit) & try to keep protein up
    Try to continue to keep my snacking to a morning snack & indulgent later snack on the days I work (on my days off I'll continue to eat more of whatever I want).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2015
    Options

Do you live near any registered dieticians? I've read on the forums that a lot of doctors don't have much knowledge when it comes to nutrition & most of them only take a small course compared to someone who studies it as a profession.

Also I forgot if I asked or maybe someone else has, but do you weigh your food on a food scale? I use a food scale that I bought at Wal-Mart that measures in grams & ounces.

Since you weight lift could some of the weight stalls be from your muscles repairing themselves?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Why oh why did I have to see this? I don't even like chocolate chip cookies, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

bqof0hg4lwvf.jpg

That looks amazing & yet weird at the same time.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

[

Omg, I'll take one too! Yum!

Also...I'm excited that so many of us are Fitbit friends now! :smiley:

You guys know I now need a Fitbit. I cannot be left out.

Me too! I have to get that Fitbit now. So many months till October... :(

Maybe if you lose the kilos early he'll buy it for you early to keep you going! ;)
    You could lose 9.5 pounds in about 2 months easy!

Well, I'm hoping to lose it early--my deficit is for 400 grams lost per week, so I can lose 1.6 kilos (around 4 pounds) per month, theoretically. However, since I've been struggling, I have extra time to account for times that I'm over goal. For example, 3 days this week had no deficit at all, but at least I kept to maintenance!

That's why he specifically made the goal 65 kilos, so it wouldn't be a huge struggle to get there, considering my current weight and state of motivation--my low weight is actually around 61 kilos, but there's no way I can do THAT by my birthday. :)

I'm off to weigh in now! I hope it'll be a good one.

You're doing fantastic Suzie.

I think it's great you stuck to maintenance since it will help you when you hit your actual maintenance weight & sometimes we just need to take breaks from counting calories, macros, & the dieting mindset.

For the past week I was eating around 1500-1700; however, last night I ate around 2,000 with some exercise calories to buffer since my body gets really hangry around my period.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    This is long so don't expect people to read it - just need to get it out!

Like a lot of other posters here I am going through lots of life stresses at the moment and the last few days have felt very sad, numb and unmotivated. I am ever so slightly eating my feelings 'grief bacon' but am logging it all so I can see it in black and white. My confession today is that I am fed up with never feeling as though I am allowed to be stressed or upset. Work, home, health are all suffering at the moment, but I am just expected to suck it up. If one more person says to me 'it could be worse' I might scream. I am silently screaming and unfortunately the pain is beginning to show on my face. I know things could be worse, just doesn't mean that because someone somewhere has it worse than me that I just have to 'be fine' all the time.

Dealing with mixed emotions is so hard - so happy for friends and loved ones who have fantastic things happening, mixed with my grief and sadness for what I am secretly going through. Not wanting to see friends because I don't want to make them miserable mixed with worrying I am not being a good friend by seeing them and sharing in their joys. Or, worse, that I am making them feel guilty for being happy.

Feels better to 'get it out' but I am so sad at the moment and I just wonder when bad things will stop happening!

Your feelings are valid. What you are going through is real and it is difficult for you. We understand and I am sure we have all been there at some point. You ARE allowed to feel this way and you ARE allowed to vent.

Yup. This! Hugs to you.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Sitting on sofa shaking and feel sick
    There was a massive spider on my living room floor. I have managed to despatch it, but I feel so ill now. Stupid phobia

You are braver than me, my friend.....if there is a spider in my living room, I just leave.....I don't need to use the living room that badly, I have a bedroom I can hang out in, lol.

I would have to kill it. If you left and came back, how would you know where it is? It could totally jump out at you. Better to get them when you can see them!

That's how I feel...I would always be wondering where he went...like he could crawl up my leg at any point! Eee!!!
    Last summer, our neighbor's son had a tick on him after playing outside all day. The mom went to get tweezers to get the tick off and when she came back, her son said it was gone....he had flicked it off (it obviously wasn't fully attached to his skin yet)!!!! I would FREAK if there was a tick just chillin' somewhere in my house. Ticks are disgusting! :(

I still remember the time I had a wasp or bee fly under my jacket & sting my arm repeatedly (it felt more like I was getting electrocuted) when I was younger.

Not sure if anyone seen this bug I posted about a few pages ago but my sister has these bugs called Weevils that resemble ticks in her backyard. The scary thing is they look like a tick when they land on you but they fly unlike ticks.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Busy week coming up so for the stateside folks, can I get a HELLZ YEAH for this 4 day work week?!?! B)
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

If it helps you any, I can offer some suggestions. I have to eat like this due to some of my health problems. In order to keep my weight lower and my sugar in check, I have to follow a keto/very low carb diet. I usually end up < 15 g/day. I do dairy, though, because I need the calcium and most people do, unless you're supplementing. You may also want to check with your doc, but cutting carbs that low requires a magnesium, potassium, and electrolyte supplement (when carbs aren't present in regular amounts in the blood, you can leach those minerals and lose them at an excessive rate). I take magnesium and potassium and drink chicken broth every now and again for the sodium.

It does suck at first. You get the "carb flu" and spend the first couple weeks miserable. Once your body adjusts, it does get a lot easier (I made brownies for DH and my son this weekend and wasn't even tempted in the slightest to eat one) and it feels awesome to have more stable blood sugar.