Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Just think... Laura is right now winging her way to London to be with her love! (Small emotional sniffles here for true romance)....

She is going to have such a wonderful time!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I confess I am sooooo ready for (American) football season. I have changed my profile pic and am currently wearing my Boise State polo at work. I am team mom on my son's team, my hubby is asst coach. We have season tickets to the Boise State games. ARGH!!! Kick off, already!!!!

September 3rd starts USC's (and I don't mean California!) season and I can't wait!!! Hubby is in Charlotte at the Panthers fanfest for his birthday, (he's 26 today!) I'm so ready for football season!!

Y'all, I am just gonna apologize now because @raelynnsmama52512 and I are SEC fans and we can be obnoxious about our football. I was raised to love God, my family, sweet tea and the SEC!!!

Pshh, who you telling?! Lol! Trust me, Gamecock football is a RELIGION in our family! Basically, on Saturday we're all useless because we're all watching the game, screaming at our TVs about a bad call, and cussing the refs haha! (You could also apply that to hockey as well!) I'm a bad fan, I've never been to a USC game, but hubby has already vowed to change that this year lol! I have no shame, I get pretty obnoxious haha! God, family, friends, and SEC football, that's all you really need in life. :wink:

We ring cowbells in our house when State scores. And I am apologizing in advance to everyone here because I can't help talking football...

I despise football. Sorry.

I've also been known to enjoy a good horseback ride. I have eclectic sports taste.

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm miffed that certain 'activities' aren't logged/tracked
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8, if I don't talk to you before you fly out, enjoy your trip, eat lots of English stuff so I can live vicariously through you, (except curry, you can keep that nastiness) and have the bestest time with your Englishman!

See you when you get back!

I am actually very curious as to what the British people call "curry". I have no idea what it is, because according to Pakistanis that I know, the stuff they call curry isn't ACTUALLY curry. I've tried the authentic stuff, but there are so many of them... This lack of knowledge is irritating me. :p

I love curry! But I have no idea if what I have had is "real" now!

Curry is so disgusting! My SO and son LOVE curried goat, and it smells like dirty socks

ETA: This would obviously be Jamaican curry.

I'm open to being proven wrong, but I think live (domesticated) goats smell like dirty socks and would be surprised if they didn't taste that way too. I love goat milk and cheese, but I have never eaten goat meat.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

LMAO. In my case its irrelevant bit I think these activities should be able to be logged as well. Although the news feed might need an x rating tnen![/quote]

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I confess I am sooooo ready for (American) football season. I have changed my profile pic and am currently wearing my Boise State polo at work. I am team mom on my son's team, my hubby is asst coach. We have season tickets to the Boise State games. ARGH!!! Kick off, already!!!!

September 3rd starts USC's (and I don't mean California!) season and I can't wait!!! Hubby is in Charlotte at the Panthers fanfest for his birthday, (he's 26 today!) I'm so ready for football season!!

Y'all, I am just gonna apologize now because @raelynnsmama52512 and I are SEC fans and we can be obnoxious about our football. I was raised to love God, my family, sweet tea and the SEC!!!

Pshh, who you telling?! Lol! Trust me, Gamecock football is a RELIGION in our family! Basically, on Saturday we're all useless because we're all watching the game, screaming at our TVs about a bad call, and cussing the refs haha! (You could also apply that to hockey as well!) I'm a bad fan, I've never been to a USC game, but hubby has already vowed to change that this year lol! I have no shame, I get pretty obnoxious haha! God, family, friends, and SEC football, that's all you really need in life. :wink:

We ring cowbells in our house when State scores. And I am apologizing in advance to everyone here because I can't help talking football...

I've also been known to enjoy a good horseback ride. I have eclectic sports taste.

Ok you may have some redeeming qualities. ;)
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

This! I KNOW I burned some SERIOUS cals last week....
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Okay....confessions
    I did NOT log Thursday at all for some reasons...
    1. I have NO idea how much beer/wine I drank.
    2. I went swimming but I have no idea for exactly how long or what my effort would be defined as
    3. I ate a TON of fried food.
    4. I gained 5 pounds and I want to cry about it because I was SO close to 179 and I did this to myself... :bawling:
    5. I want to become a good runner but it's too surfing hot and humid in Austin, TX to even really try.
    6. For the first time in, well, ever, I can not WAIT for it to get cooler so I can run more with my dog Tessa.

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

LMAO. In my case its irrelevant bit I think these activities should be able to be logged as well. Although the news feed might need an x rating tnen!

This! I KNOW I burned some SERIOUS cals last week....

I followed @MoHousdon (I think it was her) suggestion and had a cherry and almond cookie.

I'm going to the gym this morning though
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

LMAO. In my case its irrelevant bit I think these activities should be able to be logged as well. Although the news feed might need an x rating tnen!

[/quote]

This is a disadvantage of being relentlessly single that I never considered. Like receiving ZERO tax benefits. However I think I still prefer being single. I'll just have to up my steps a few days a week to compensate. ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    OK, I took a week off (taking care of my grandson who just got a baby sister!), I have scanned many, many pages to get caught up again, did not thoroughly read, but wanted to thank everyone (I think you probably all chimed in) for the congrats on the new baby, she is amazing! I had some quality time with my Noah too. He has become such a funny little man, and is oh so sweet.
    Funny story: He was flexing his muscles and showing me how strong he is, and asked me to do mine, and when I did, he said "Nana, you have bat wings!" and cracked up laughing... he is so silly. I am sure he heard me say that before about my loose skin on my arms.

Welcome back! I'm so glad you got some time to enjoy your grandson and his baby sister!! I hope the little one is settling in well and that her mama is getting at least SOME sleep. :smiley:

Plus 1

What they said.

Kids can say the funniest things. My niece since she was 5-6 has been fascinated by my arm & leg fat since losing weight. The one day she told me she liked it cause it was soft like a pillow.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Loads of sympathy here, I'm having much the same issues.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

DON'T SAY THAT!!! :o

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.

But you have them to lose, I, however, do not.

Nor do I. Just for the record.

I know, we've had this conversation before. I believe that's when I posted my booty pic. :blush:

I have reached a new snacking low: eating leftover Cool Whip out of the tub (why dirty a dish?) with sprinkles. Yep, I can't be bothered serving it into a dish to eat properly, but I will make the effort to garnish it with sprinkles.

I've done this...but mixed a bit of peanut butter in there too. Nom nom nom.

I've tried that Funfetti Cake dip with Cool Whip & it's pretty good.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8, if I don't talk to you before you fly out, enjoy your trip, eat lots of English stuff so I can live vicariously through you, (except curry, you can keep that nastiness) and have the bestest time with your Englishman!

I am actually very curious as to what the British people call "curry". I have no idea what it is, because according to Pakistanis that I know, the stuff they call curry isn't ACTUALLY curry. I've tried the authentic stuff, but there are so many of them... This lack of knowledge is irritating me. :p

I'm also confused by this curry talk.... because I love curry, but I don't know what this special English curry is. I've had Thai and Indian curry... is that what you guys are talking about? Going to look into this.

Well, what I've read is that curry became popular due to the colonization of India way back in the day, and remained a popular dish until today. However, I'm relatively certain that it became sort of like Tex-Mex or Chinese food is in the U.S.--very "Americanized", and not always very close to the original Mexican/Chinese foods that they're based on. ;)

When I go to the US next year, one of my first stops is going to be Outback Steakhouse. I want to see what the American idea of Australian food is.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Me too!!! The only sport I enjoy watching is basketball.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Not to make everyone sad, but I read this secret ages ago on Postsecret, and it really stayed with me. Although it would be hard to stay with a pet until the end, after reading this, I could never leave. :'(
    h69laalbfct1.jpg

I've always stayed. I'm Mama, and I am with them to the end, cuddling them until the vet officially pronounces them "gone".

I also have this weird notion that I have to pretend to be upbeat and cheerful because the dogs have always picked up on my emotions and I don't want them to feel my sadness. Although I guess I've never fooled them.

Will anyone have any sympathy for me if I say that for the first time in my life I'm having trouble keeping weight on?

Since I've bumped up my exercise with the stairs etc and weights, I've been losing weight again, (slowly but still), although I feel like I'm eating so much more. I'm tracking and even going over what should be maintenance but it's still continuing to drop bit by bit. Eating is a chore at this point, which I never thought in a million years would even be possible.

I'm worried that it's rendering the exercise pointless if I'm not building muscle. I don't want to be putting in all this working-out, stair-climbing and strength-training effort for nothing so I'm kind of frustrated. And quite frankly, I don't really want to be any thinner at this point. My clothes are getting too big, there's an inch of empty space in my bra cups, and my rings are super loose.

I have never in my life felt bad for people who claim they can't gain weight (because how hard is it to just eat some more?!) but it turns out that the answer seems to be that it's a lot harder than I thought.

Loads of sympathy here, I'm having much the same issues.

Whereas I liked the idea of losing some BF and getting definition, I didn't want to lose flesh off my chest and face, which is where the loss is the most noticeable.

Last summer I dropped 5 lbs (that I didn't need to lose) because of taking hardcore antibiotics... I digested nothing for two weeks. Right after that I was on vacation and my physical activity increased significantly, plus my eating got a bit erratic just because of weird scheduling, and I only managed to gain 2 lbs back. Dedicated myself to lifting and eating higher protein in January, but it has still taken me a year to return to my normal weight.

I was hoping that building muscle would ADD some weight, not just shrink my boobs.

DON'T SAY THAT!!! :o

LOL, that's about the only good thing about dropping my body fat so low. Losing them makes me positively gleeful, apart from all the extra cup space.

But you have them to lose, I, however, do not.

Nor do I. Just for the record.

I know, we've had this conversation before. I believe that's when I posted my booty pic. :blush:

I have reached a new snacking low: eating leftover Cool Whip out of the tub (why dirty a dish?) with sprinkles. Yep, I can't be bothered serving it into a dish to eat properly, but I will make the effort to garnish it with sprinkles.

I've done this...but mixed a bit of peanut butter in there too. Nom nom nom.

I've tried that Funfetti Cake dip with Cool Whip & it's pretty good.

I ate Coconut Pecan frosting on graham crackers last night and it was amazing. I might like the frosting more than cookie butter...and I didn't think that was possible.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Ok you may have some redeeming qualities. ;)

I have lots of redeeming qualities. I just also have three brothers and have watched them play football, played football with them, and watched football with them since I was born. I only watch college and high school ball now. I use my Sundays for hiking and baking. But I was a heck of a running back until boys started tackling me when I didn't have the ball. That's when I stooped playing.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

I'm also confused by this curry talk.... because I love curry, but I don't know what this special English curry is. I've had Thai and Indian curry... is that what you guys are talking about? Going to look into this.

Well, what I've read is that curry became popular due to the colonization of India way back in the day, and remained a popular dish until today. However, I'm relatively certain that it became sort of like Tex-Mex or Chinese food is in the U.S.--very "Americanized", and not always very close to the original Mexican/Chinese foods that they're based on. ;)

When I go to the US next year, one of my first stops is going to be Outback Steakhouse. I want to see what the American idea of Australian food is.

Spare yourself the trouble. It isn't Australian food and it's hit or miss as a good steak. (I have never been to Australia, but where I live, Outback, Texas Roadhouse, and Longhorn all have basically the same menu. I eat at Texas Roadhouse because I know the owner and that's really all there is to separate them)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Me too!!! The only sport I enjoy watching is basketball.

I only watch my 9 year old play basketball. He's growing into a good little center/power forward.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

I didn't know Outback was supposed to be Australian! I may have to visit the Saudi branch to investigate.... (I've never been). But if their other "ethnic" cuisines are anything to go by, the resemblance may be non-existent. ;)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Checking to say good morning! I have my home internet back; I've missed you all terribly. But not enough for me to read the almost 3000 posts I missed. LOL