Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    MissSusieQ wrote: »
    i ate a whole pizza and a garlic bread last night. I was so full and sick I had to stop for a rest mid-eat, but then I went back and ate more 10 minutes later

You are definitely not alone. Last night I walked to the store and bought a bag of chips and some dill pickle dip and proceeded to inhale them. I did manage to throw the remaining dip in the garbage when I was done. After that I ate 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter. Ugh up 1.5 pounds on the scale this morning and I had to go and add it into my diary this morning even though I wasn't going to

Last night I went to my niece & nephew's joint birthday party & we got Little Caesar's pizza as part of the food. I think I ate around 4-5 slices, but I have such a bad memory if I don't put it in right away so I put that I had 7. I love their Hawaiian Pizza!

It's sad how fast I can forget how much something weighed on the food scale if I don't put it in my diary right away.

It's just as bad as me wanting to remember lyrics to a song, & then find the song to add to Spotify & then 5 seconds later I have already forgotten.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I will just sympathize with all the binges, unintentional weight gains, unintentional weight loss and blah days. For a reason I have not teased out yet I am up 1.5-2 lbs and bloated (I may blame hormones).

I'm cranky, or was. I finally got some good sleep. I had two days of little sleep due to dogs/thunderstorms. I can sleep through the storms but not the dogs. I've been the dumping ground of a bunch of everyone's emotions (how do therapists do it???) as I have helped some people sort through stuff. One was at work where an employee was mixing two issues. Daughter is enjoying school but there is angst and her father (my ex) pulled some additional very passive aggressive crud (aimed at me) that makes her stressed. Can't he see that his efforts to hurt me only hurt me by seeing my daughter hurt? I'm not going to let that show. I just call him out in a recorded way (i.e. emails cc'd to the divorce attorney and if he involves my parents then I cc my parents too - sheesh - it should not be like this!) This actually seems to work fairly well because he has an image of himself that he wants to project of being the "good guy" who is "cooperative" and when I object to anything I'm "freaking out." When it is clearly demonstrated that he is the instigator who is uncooperative and that my calling him out is completely calm and rational then he straightens up for that incident. There are friends going through very tough times now too that I won't mention here, but that I am concerned about and wish I could help.

I'm fine financially but want to be better. Basically I want it all, now, and it is not possible. I want the house fixed up, a savings account, a retirement account, to travel a lot, and to contribute to my kids college. I just started from less than nothing two years ago. I'm getting there but sometimes I get hard on myself. I am making progress on all counts.

And...back to the weight...why??? I just made some changes to my diet and vastly upped my protein. With my food intollerances there are plenty of foods if I get just a trace of them I bloat. Am I bloating? Am I gaining? I've felt very lack luster working out the last few times too. I have been, though, so I count that as a win.

Ok, I'm done whining and am going to get to my chores.

@nonoelmo I really feel for you. I think there will be a special place in hell for exes like ours. This might sound weird I hope not but where you are now is where I hope to get someday. Look at you getting a mortgage all in your own, doing renovations all by yourself and looking after your kids. I think all of that is amazing! Look how far you have come in 2 years and think how much more you can accomplish in tne next 2.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    I will just sympathize with all the binges, unintentional weight gains, unintentional weight loss and blah days. For a reason I have not teased out yet I am up 1.5-2 lbs and bloated (I may blame hormones).

I'm cranky, or was. I finally got some good sleep. I had two days of little sleep due to dogs/thunderstorms. I can sleep through the storms but not the dogs. I've been the dumping ground of a bunch of everyone's emotions (how do therapists do it???) as I have helped some people sort through stuff. One was at work where an employee was mixing two issues. Daughter is enjoying school but there is angst and her father (my ex) pulled some additional very passive aggressive crud (aimed at me) that makes her stressed. Can't he see that his efforts to hurt me only hurt me by seeing my daughter hurt? I'm not going to let that show. I just call him out in a recorded way (i.e. emails cc'd to the divorce attorney and if he involves my parents then I cc my parents too - sheesh - it should not be like this!) This actually seems to work fairly well because he has an image of himself that he wants to project of being the "good guy" who is "cooperative" and when I object to anything I'm "freaking out." When it is clearly demonstrated that he is the instigator who is uncooperative and that my calling him out is completely calm and rational then he straightens up for that incident. There are friends going through very tough times now too that I won't mention here, but that I am concerned about and wish I could help.

I'm fine financially but want to be better. Basically I want it all, now, and it is not possible. I want the house fixed up, a savings account, a retirement account, to travel a lot, and to contribute to my kids college. I just started from less than nothing two years ago. I'm getting there but sometimes I get hard on myself. I am making progress on all counts.

And...back to the weight...why??? I just made some changes to my diet and vastly upped my protein. With my food intollerances there are plenty of foods if I get just a trace of them I bloat. Am I bloating? Am I gaining? I've felt very lack luster working out the last few times too. I have been, though, so I count that as a win.

@nonoelmo I really feel for you. I think there will be a special place in hell for exes like ours. This might sound weird I hope not but where you are now is where I hope to get someday. Look at you getting a mortgage all in your own, doing renovations all by yourself and looking after your kids. I think all of that is amazing! Look how far you have come in 2 years and think how much more you can accomplish in tne next 2.

Thanks @riderfangal and huge thanks and a hug to you. You will get where I am and much more. As I said, I am (or was) just plain cranky and needed to vent and I know I am unreasonably hard on myself sometimes. I am much better than I used to be as I recognize it and work to avoid it...some days I feel overwhelmed it does still rear its ugly head though, that dragon of perfectionism. Overall I am deep down pleased with the progress I've made (flaws and mistakes and all). Yes, there should be a special place in hell for parents who put their kids through so much (and ex's who put their ex's through so much.) @riderfangal I truly believe you will get where you want to be and more! Thank you for your kind words. Hugs and good wishes to you and anyone else reading this in similar situations. <3
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member

Thanks @riderfangal and huge thanks and a hug to you. You will get where I am and much more. As I said, I am (or was) just plain cranky and needed to vent and I know I am unreasonably hard on myself sometimes. I am much better than I used to be as I recognize it and work to avoid it...some days I feel overwhelmed it does still rear its ugly head though, that dragon of perfectionism. Overall I am deep down pleased with the progress I've made (flaws and mistakes and all). Yes, there should be a special place in hell for parents who put their kids through so much (and ex's who put their ex's through so much.) @riderfangal I truly believe you will get where you want to be and more! Thank you for your kind words. Hugs and good wishes to you and anyone else reading this in similar situations. <3

I sure hope to get there one day! I am hoping I have some news to share in the next few days that will help at least in the financial end!
  • HerkMeOff2
    HerkMeOff2 Posts: 45 Member
    I have ate at least 5000 calories today
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Testing....
    Yayayayayyyy! My gifs are working again!
    liqxon7uikuv.gif

Whoo for gifs!

gbg1.gif
    I am so happy!!
    731bdwdv7lqk.gif

• Tubbs216

I sure hope to get there one day! I am hoping I have some news to share in the next few days that will help at least in the financial end!
    Sounds promising!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member

Sorry both of you are going thru / have gone through it, it's nice you can support each other. My fingers are crossed for whatever is heading your way @riderfangal for future financial boon!
  • Tubbs216

Agree! I really admire women who, whether they want to or not, get on and get stuff done. Although I know it must be very satisfying, I know it's certainly not easy. Feel free to let out your frustrations here!
  • Oberon21
    I'm not so sure about this Strattera. I feel like I'm high, but I can focus a little better and I've noticed my appetite has really gone down, even though I'm only on my second dose. I felt all loopy yesterday, but I'd figured it was because I didn't get much sleep Friday night. Well, today I'm still getting that loopy feeling, and I had a full night's sleep last night. Hubby thinks it's my body just adjusting to the medicine, so I guess we'll see how things go.

I think you are adjusting as well but I am no medical professional. There are a few in here that will likely weigh in, but hopefully this will help you!
  • Tubbs216
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about this Strattera. I feel like I'm high, but I can focus a little better and I've noticed my appetite has really gone down, even though I'm only on my second dose. I felt all loopy yesterday, but I'd figured it was because I didn't get much sleep Friday night. Well, today I'm still getting that loopy feeling, and I had a full night's sleep last night. Hubby thinks it's my body just adjusting to the medicine, so I guess we'll see how things go.

I think you are adjusting as well but I am no medical professional. There are a few in here that will likely weigh in, but hopefully this will help you!
    I would agree that you'll need to give it a little while before you can know whether it's going to be of any benefit to you. Did your doctor give you any idea how long it would take to get used to it?
  • Oberon21
    MissSusieQ wrote: »
    i ate a whole pizza and a garlic bread last night. I was so full and sick I had to stop for a rest mid-eat, but then I went back and ate more 10 minutes later

You are definitely not alone. Last night I walked to the store and bought a bag of chips and some dill pickle dip and proceeded to inhale them. I did manage to throw the remaining dip in the garbage when I was done. After that I ate 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter. Ugh up 1.5 pounds on the scale this morning and I had to go and add it into my diary this morning even though I wasn't going to

WAIT....THERE ARE TWO SUSIE'S NOW! This will be fun! Welcome @MissSusieQ. For a second I thought Susie changed her name. :)

I was so good yesterday until dinner (that I cooked). Dinner wasn't fattening (swordfish and cesear salad) and since I was cooking I was busy but then I ate a large piece of fruit tart. Then got hungry and ate a bunch of dry roasted peanuts. So way over in calories yesterday. Hence my goal today of staying at 1200 calories. Luckily since I was at my mom's I couldn't weigh in. I am scared for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in and I'm scared too! The day before yesterday, I walked around a store while my husband was at the barber and I bought a package of all-butter shortbread and inhaled the entire package by myself. Then, yesterday, Mr. Susie rewarded me for being brave (by going to the doctor and talking all by myself!) by getting me ice cream at the Marble Slab Creamery. It would have fit in my calories, except that I used it as an excuse to pretty much mess up the day and eat whatever I wanted. I ended the day around 2000 calories. :-/

I'm also really, really bloated from my meds, for some reason--to the point that my skin is painful when it gets poked, as though I have a giant bruise all over me. This weigh-in isn't gonna be pretty. :(

I think I was over 2100 when all was said and done. And I was already paying for 2 days of poor eating early last week. I have been pretty good today and of course was on my feet all day at barn so hopefully tomorrow won't be awful. But it sure won't match last Monday's lowest weight since I was 23 view....

I'll keep my fingers for both of us!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I would agree that you'll need to give it a little while before you can know whether it's going to be of any benefit to you. Did your doctor give you any idea how long it would take to get used to it?

She's having me come back in 4 weeks to see how things are with it and talk about labwork, but she pretty much mentioned the side effects and told me if I had any suicide thoughts to stop taking it. I can deal with the loopy feeling, but I'm not sure if that's normal or not.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member

That's what I'm hoping it is. I'm just hoping I don't have to go through a bunch of different medications like I did with anti-seizure medicines when I was younger. That was rough.
  • Oberon21
    ythannah wrote: »
    So... After horrible, horrible pain for twelve days and increasingly limited movement, I dragged myself to a doctor this morning. I've been diagnosed with sciatica due to injury, and have been prescribed enough prescription drugs to kill a rhinoceros. I may spend the next week in a drug induced haze, so right here I'm adding a disclaimer that I'm not responsible for anything I may say or do in the next 15 days. >:)

But hey, I have codeine! Yippee! (I'm seriously stoked, because after an injection, I've had my first horrific-pain free day today! I feel no pain and it's BEAUTIFUL. Spool beautiful. I could kiss that doctor.)

ETA: Since I've already been quoted and look dumb, uhhh... Spool was supposed to be "soooo". Autocorrect, not drugs, I swear! ;)

That's fantastic news!

Umm... codeine is wickedly constipating... just sayin'

I never knew that! I used to get prescriptions of tylenol with codeine for my cramps when I was younger (before they started worrying about how addicting it was) and I LOVED that stuff. Took the pain right away. :)
  • Oberon21
    saraherren wrote: »
    Heard from my doctor yesterday about my pelvic ultrasound, and it turns out that I have a uterine fibroid. Thankfully it's benign. She said I don't have to worry. I'm still waiting on my blood test results for my insulin, DHEA, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), and estrogen levels.

Great news! (on it being benign). Do they need to remove it? I had one removed about 10 years ago.
  • Oberon21
    Confession: I learned that Wawa currently has a Key Lime doughnut. I'm considering going to the gym for the sole purpose of burning 270 calories and stopping at the Wawa across the street to get said 270 calorie doughnut.

At least I planned the workout first?

Hey, as long as it fits your calorie goals!
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2015
    I'm about to go to a tennis game with my boyfriend and his parents, and I'm having one of those days where I feel extremely ugly and am scared to reveal my face to the world. I've been breaking out lately (stress?) and just feel gross and fat and unsightly. Hoping for a quick and painless tennis game... it's my first one.

I read your later post the day went well... good! Stop letting your own head get in the way of your good time! And I really enjoy tennis. I did private duty nursing *kitten*'t care for a Canadian Tennis pro years ago and we would watch tennis. She taught me a lot about it and I really enjoy it. I like games that go fast: tennis, hockey, (somewhat basketball) but not the slow as molasses games like baseball and football.
  • Oberon21
    In honour of @LBuehrle8 arriving in blighty today I have made meatloaf with roast potatoes and veg and a cherry and almond crumbleand custard, all from scratch

Sound fabulous (of course I couldn't eat the meatloaf.. but the cherry and almond crumble and custards sounds FABULOUS!)
  • Tubbs216
    edited August 2015
    I'm about to go to a tennis game with my boyfriend and his parents, and I'm having one of those days where I feel extremely ugly and am scared to reveal my face to the world. I've been breaking out lately (stress?) and just feel gross and fat and unsightly. Hoping for a quick and painless tennis game... it's my first one.

I read your later post the day went well... good! Stop letting your own head get in the way of your good time! And I really enjoy tennis. I did private duty nursing *kitten*'t care for a Canadian Tennis pro years ago and we would watch tennis. She taught me a lot about it and I really enjoy it. I like games that go fast: tennis, hockey, (somewhat basketball) but not the slow as molasses games like baseball and football.
    Hahhaaa, at the starred out word!!