Options

Replies

• aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    That your older smaller clothes may not fit despite being at a lower weight than when you last wore them, due to some combination of fat denial (it still fits, I swear) and not losing weight in an overall proportional manner or from the same places. It's actually a frustrating thing because I keep thinking that I should be able to fit into some smaller shirts that I've kept, but they fit so badly (tight/short in all the wrong places) that they haven't even left the bedroom.

I'm dealing with the opposite problem right now and it is equally as frustrating!! Weightlifting has really defined my shoulders and trimmed my waist, so despite being about 25 lbs more than I was the last time I wore some of the clothes, I can fit into them, but they look absolutely horrible and don't do a single thing for my new curves!

YES - and your "style" will have to change. I was so used to picking clothes that I thought "flattered" and "hid" my fat areas... Its hard not to keep picking those styles even though they look terrible on me now that I have a lot more muscle and a completely different shape. But I keep doing it!!

Absolutely!! Glad that I'm not alone! They all make me look like a box now! The worst is the peplum blouses that I thought made me look really "slim" before!

Lol - for me its the crisscross shirts... They look way different (and worse) now, but they are the first things I go for when shopping!

Yes! Those too! Luckily I've grabbed enough of those and been disappointed that at least I've kind of stopped gravitating towards them. hahaha
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    That salt, tom and carbs aren't the only thing that can make me hold water weight... not enough protein and working out after a hiatus does it too...

WHY does NO ONE warn anybody about this? The first time it happened I was upset.
    Story: Went on vacation, didn't work out, come home. Weighed myself and was fine. Workout, weigh in next morning, UP 4 POUNDS! :angry:
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    mcornall88 wrote: »
    That dating becomes phenomenally easier, used to struggle to get dates with the women I wanted, now I have 4 dates in the next 2 weeks all with absolute knock-outs :) Not sure if it's the appearance changes or the fact I have much more confidence in myself now, but something's working!

Wuhoo! Good for you.
  • tomnev1
    Options
    Wearing a crisp white (expensive) shirt, it looks good and you no longer need to "buy for your shape".
  • tomnev1
    Options
    Buying new regulat clothes is great....but forgot about workout swimming trunks and wetsuit until I went on hols.
    Now I've just realised that my dress suit (Tuxedo) might not look good on me.
  • WarningHillAhead
    WarningHillAhead Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That your older smaller clothes may not fit despite being at a lower weight than when you last wore them, due to some combination of fat denial (it still fits, I swear) and not losing weight in an overall proportional manner or from the same places. It's actually a frustrating thing because I keep thinking that I should be able to fit into some smaller shirts that I've kept, but they fit so badly (tight/short in all the wrong places) that they haven't even left the bedroom.

I'm dealing with the opposite problem right now and it is equally as frustrating!! Weightlifting has really defined my shoulders and trimmed my waist, so despite being about 25 lbs more than I was the last time I wore some of the clothes, I can fit into them, but they look absolutely horrible and don't do a single thing for my new curves!

YES - and your "style" will have to change. I was so used to picking clothes that I thought "flattered" and "hid" my fat areas... Its hard not to keep picking those styles even though they look terrible on me now that I have a lot more muscle and a completely different shape. But I keep doing it!!

Absolutely!! Glad that I'm not alone! They all make me look like a box now! The worst is the peplum blouses that I thought made me look really "slim" before!

Lol - for me its the crisscross shirts... They look way different (and worse) now, but they are the first things I go for when shopping!

Yes! Those too! Luckily I've grabbed enough of those and been disappointed that at least I've kind of stopped gravitating towards them. hahaha

What type of shirt are you guys talking about? I did a Google search, and it came up with a lot of different styles.
  • aliciasilfies
    Options
    What type of shirt are you guys talking about? I did a Google search, and it came up with a lot of different styles.

These are the type that I meant:
    Crossover Wrap Blouse

They all make my stomach and hips look a lot bigger now and do nothing for my new curves.
  • jokoh92
    jokoh92 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

This!

I tried on my old shirts from the first time I lost a significant amount of weight which was less than 3 years ago and even though I am less than that weight now, I find that I can't fit some of them anymore.

Their either too short or too tight. Its so frustrating. And its only been 2 years. It really put things in perspective for me on how damaging yo-yoing can be.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options

Crossover Wrap Blouse

They all make my stomach and hips look a lot bigger now and do nothing for my new curves.

Yep, thats it - looks like it wraps on it making a "v".

LOL - I just looked down and I'll be da**ned if I am not wearing one now! Its going in the goodwill pile !

• aliciasilfies
    Options

Crossover Wrap Blouse

Yep, thats it - looks like it wraps on it making a "v".

LOL - I just looked down and I'll be da**ned if I am not wearing one now! Its going in the goodwill pile !

hahaha! Over the weekend, I found that I had one more left in my closet and it definitely went on my donate pile!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options

Crossover Wrap Blouse

Always had to sew them shut. Boobs were too big. :'(
  • PrairieChicken84
    PrairieChicken84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love to read, but I find that I have I have to skim over those parts of a novel that have delicious food descriptions in them. Reading about how something tastes is a huge trigger for sweet cravings. I will physically salivate when they make something chocolate!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I actually look forward to most medical tests. I love to see the improved results. At least I do not mind needles, and am too young (for a few years) for a colonoscopy.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was just at a family gathering, and the second I showed up everyone started freaking out about how I must not be eating enough and that I look like I'm starving myself to death. (Large Italian family.)

Was at a funeral the other day sitting in the balcony of an old non-air conditioned church on an 85 degree day and was freezing.

People always ask me, "oh my god, you want to lose MORE?" I'm still not at a healthy weight and have a long way to go. No quitting now.

Clothing is just a huge pain right now.

People are constantly asking "How are you doing this?" and are then completely shocked that I'm not doing some gimmick diet. That's usually followed by "I bought a Fitbit to track my steps, but it's not helping."

I LOVE not having all this extra to carry around.

ALL. OF. THIS.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!