Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I went with buffalo chicken dip with Frito scoops, and cheesecake. Let the Super Bowl feast begin!

You can keep the dip. I'll take the cheesecake.

I ate a piece of this cheesecake tonight! So good!

th?id=OIP.M9820a7e12a4ae563632e1360d65dc51do0&pid=15.1

Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter Cheesecake

Sooo jealous. I need to have cheesecake before the lent challenge.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I went with buffalo chicken dip with Frito scoops, and cheesecake. Let the Super Bowl feast begin!

http://minimalistbaker.com/7-ingredient-vegan-cheesecakes/
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Oh yum, both good choices!
  • Oberon21
    Options

http://minimalistbaker.com/7-ingredient-vegan-cheesecakes/

OMG these sound amazing. I may need to make this next weekend.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    The gf hot lava cake was a hit.

I took Pamela's gf chocolate cake mix (very good to start with). I whipped two eggs, melted a large 72% chocolate bar and a stick of butter and mixed that with the cake mix and eggs and 1/3 cup water. I split this into 8 ramekins. I put water around the ramekins in a baking dish and baked about 18 minutes.

When they came out of the oven I put a hot melted caramel sauce on top, followed by a big scoop of coconut based cookies and cream (GF) ice cream and fresh raspberries.

TK said this was the best dessert he'd ever had (or top two and he eats a lot of desserts). Son didn't like it but ate the coconut ice cream and about half of the cake . Daughter did like it but only ate 1/3 of hers. I liked it but found it too sweet so only ate about 1/2. (I'm not a huge sweets person - extra dark chocolate for me please). The other four ramekins with just the cake in them I left for TK. He is eating one tomorrow and freezing the other three. Does anyone know how they reheat or freeze? (It is an experiment).

Yay - it was a hit as was the tortilla soup.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

I took Pamela's gf chocolate cake mix (very good to start with). I whipped two eggs, melted a large 72% chocolate bar and a stick of butter and mixed that with the cake mix and eggs and 1/3 cup water. I split this into 8 ramekins. I put water around the ramekins in a baking dish and baked about 18 minutes.

When they came out of the oven I put a hot melted caramel sauce on top, followed by a big scoop of coconut based cookies and cream (GF) ice cream and fresh raspberries.

TK said this was the best dessert he'd ever had (or top two and he eats a lot of desserts). Son didn't like it but ate the coconut ice cream and about half of the cake . Daughter did like it but only ate 1/3 of hers. I liked it but found it too sweet so only ate about 1/2. (I'm not a huge sweets person - extra dark chocolate for me please). The other four ramekins with just the cake in them I left for TK. He is eating one tomorrow and freezing the other three. Does anyone know how they reheat or freeze? (It is an experiment).

Sounds wonderful.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Yay! Everything sounded delicious.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Hi all anyone seen Cindy in any of the threads and groups? She didn't check in in our daily check in. Worry wart here seeking confirmation she is ok...
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    She was on Whatsapp last night I think...dealing with snow. I could be messing up days though..
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    She was on Whatsapp last night I think...dealing with snow. I could be messing up days though..

If Cindy is Glinda (on here) the she would have been hit with the same blizzard I was yesterday. We were under a blizzard warning since 10pm on Saturday, and all our major roads were closed for 12-20 hours (some are still closed)

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

If Cindy is Glinda (on here) the she would have been hit with the same blizzard I was yesterday. We were under a blizzard warning since 10pm on Saturday, and all our major roads were closed for 12-20 hours (some are still closed)
    Yes, that's her.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Hi all anyone seen Cindy in any of the threads and groups? She didn't check in in our daily check in. Worry wart here seeking confirmation she is ok...

Yes she's checked in a couple times in the whatsapp group yesterday and this morning I believe.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I just want to thank my Canadian friends in advance for sending your blizzard this way. 2-4 inches of snow will close this town down until Thursday. My office will be deserted and - if I can get here myself - it will be blissful. (if I can't get here, then we will have gotten mire than 4" and ice first.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    This is what my sister and I did during Super Bowl. It was hard, and fun, and everyone else was having a good time finding things we had to do. I'm surprised I'm not more sore this morning!

Confession: After about 40 or 50, I had to revert to knee push-ups. :# And, yes, I did the Macarena. :D

izij6p69kjp5.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I just want to thank my Canadian friends in advance for sending your blizzard this way. 2-4 inches of snow will close this town down until Thursday. My office will be deserted and - if I can get here myself - it will be blissful. (if I can't get here, then we will have gotten mire than 4" and ice first.

Stay safe and I hope your workday IS blissful!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Myles you should totally try a triathlon it's a great community with wonderful people who help and support one another.

BTW the trail run was HARD! I managed not to fall. We missed a turn so only ran 11.5 miles vs. the planned 13.1 and I was grateful. I will be sore tomorrow.

Trail running is definitely not my thing. I have a huge fear of falling when I do them. Yay! for not falling.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    chimpy123 wrote: »
    I can't keep junk in the house or I will eat it all...in one sitting. There have been chocolate cream pies that have disappeared in an evening...there are only two ppl in my household. I put signs on the pie that say things like "don't eat this, you will regret it" in an effort to discourage myself from eating it all and then my fiancée will walk into the kitchen and find me with a mouthful of pie and I yell "I regret nothing!" and keep eating...so yeah, not an ounce of junk in our house now.

Also, when I was really trying to restrict my intake (bad idea, I know now) I have stopped at the bakery on the way home from work saying "oh, we just need some bread" and then I will buy half a dozen doughnuts and scarf two or three of them on the way home...

I'm totally a binge eater

I have the same problem. That's why those types of things are only allowed to come into my house one serving at a time. If we want ice cream, we have to go to the ice cream place down the street. If I want candy, I can buy one candy bar. That's the only thing that works for me when it comes to sweets. I can finally have chips in the house, but it's been a several year struggle for that.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Congratulations Quik for rocking your 5k tonight!

Thanks! 34:59! My fastest 5K ever!!!

All that weight lifting is paying off in strength! Woot woot!

It must be true. I've never had a sub-40 5K before, much less sub-35!

It really is. And, congrats!
    I know that when I'm weight lifting, it helps my running a lot. It also causes me to be less sore.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    asgentr wrote: »
    I bought a bag of popcorn thinking it would be a filling, tasty, low-calorie snack. On a stressful day I ate the whole bag, totaling something like 700 calories. Then I proceeded to eat chocolate for a snack and Indian food for dinner without weighing anything.

I am capable of eating 10 quarts of popcorn without a thought.

When hubby and I came home from our honeymoon I told him I was going to make popcorn. He said he did not want any. I proceeded to pop a giant stainless bowl of popcorn that was piled high above the bowl. He went to take a shower.

When he came out and saw that I had eaten all of it, he looked at me as if I ate his share.

I asked him if he wanted some and told him I could make more

He replied " No I didn't want any. But..
    You just ate enough for my mother and father, your mother and father, my brothers (3) your brother and sisters(3)
    Your aunts and uncles, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, your cousins ....."

At that point I stopped him and said I got his point so he would stop naming relatives.

This is now an item I defiantly measure out.
    Estimate to the best ability what you ate. It will help you out in the long run.

I could do this with popcorn too. In a heartbeat.

Yep, me too. But, I don't do well with someone shaming me for how much I ate.
    Hubby certainly knows this by now.

Of course, we had to buy another set of stainless steel bowls so we could both have the giant bowl when we make popcorn. I eat an astonishing amount of food. :tongue: