Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Okay as of yesterday I am the proud owner of a 5 year old Thoroughbred. He was a race horse but apparently too slow. Only 13 races (which is good... in my opinion less is good with racing). His registered name is Diacetto, I am calling him Jaques (pronouncing it Jax) and his show name is going to be Measure for Measure.

Here is a picture:
    ygugmkuutzdz.jpg

He turned 5 on May 18th. His parents are Smart Strike (Sire) and Lyrical Prayer (Dam).

So cute! Him not me... Not the best picture of me, but he looks cute.

Patricia, he's absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on you new leading man!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Time for a confession: After eating two pieces of cinnamon toast at home this morning, I just ate a 6" Subway Steak, Egg and Cheese on a Flatbread AND a Jelly filled donut from Dunkin Donuts!! For those that know me, know I've been very low carb since last August and I know I am going to pay for all this crap sooner rather than later when I crash! This is not going to be good!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    Time for a confession: After eating two pieces of cinnamon toast at home this morning, I just ate a 6" Subway Steak, Egg and Cheese on a Flatbread AND a Jelly filled donut from Dunkin Donuts!! For those that know me, know I've been very low carb since last August and I know I am going to pay for all this crap sooner rather than later when I crash! This is not going to be good!

Yikes! Good luck!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Yikes! Good luck!

Thanks...the stomach pains have already started.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @POF - quotes STILL aren't working on my phone. Jax is handsome. Congrats!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @petunia773 - ouch!!! This is gonna hurt. But I bet you don't do again any time soon.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Yikes! Good luck!

Thanks...the stomach pains have already started.

Yeah. That isn't going to be good.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Look what popped up on my FB memory feed today.

o16k9hvy8plu.jpg

I saw that! We have come a long way from there... a lot has happened. Good and bad. But we are still super great!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »
    i have lost 65 pounds in 19 weeks without exercise. Doing it with eating alone. I will start exercise sometime just not ready to do that yet. Should I feel guilty about the folks that are killing themselves with workouts and are struggling to lose?

Nope! No guilt! Glad you found what works for you.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    i have lost 65 pounds in 19 weeks without exercise. Doing it with eating alone. I will start exercise sometime just not ready to do that yet. Should I feel guilty about the folks that are killing themselves with workouts and are struggling to lose?

No, they are building muscle, getting stronger, and enjoying a healthy life style. You might want to think about exercise. And eating healthy. 65lbs in 19 weeks isn't healthy unless you had a tremendous amount to lose.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

No, they are building muscle, getting stronger, and enjoying a healthy life style. You might want to think about exercise. And eating healthy. 65lbs in 19 weeks isn't healthy unless you had a tremendous amount to lose.

Oooh, yeah. I didn't do the math. Almost 3.5 pounds per week is pretty aggressive unless you are significantly overweight. My bad.

Make sure you are eating at least 1500 calories per day, @billglitch. Rapid weight loss by eating too few calories can be unhealthy.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @billglitch - I lost 45 pounds in about that amount of time without exercising (other than walking) I had to lose it or have knee replacement. After my knees felt better, I was able to start exercising more. For 2 years, I have done heavy lifting with my husband and have put 10lbs back on.

Exercise when you are ready. And congrats on learning to eat well.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    He's beautiful, @Oberon21!!! <3

Agreed!! He is gorgeous!! Congrats on the new ride!
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

goal is 130 pound loss. not worried about building muscle, mine is hidden under my fat lol. i eat healthy.
  • Oberon21
    Options

goal is 130 pound loss. not worried about building muscle, mine is hidden under my fat lol. i eat healthy.

So...walking is exercise (to Melissa's post) and you do have quite a bit to lose, so that much in 19 weeks isn't terrible, but as you get closer to your goal it will be harder without exercise (and again...walking is exercise).
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    So I didn't girl to the gym. But I am under calories. Just under my protein macro, 31 grams over on carbs, and my fat is dead on. It was the baked potato that put me over carbs. I should stop feeling guilty about peanut butter in moderation.

Yes you should stop shoulding yourself.
    Peanut butter is great in moderation!
    Sounds like you had a good day.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Even after doing this for almost 2 years on and off, I still just stop logging if I know I'm going over because I cannot stand to be in the red. I need to get over that!

I have been abysmal about finishing my log during strike. I promised yesterday I would get back on track. Finished logging yesterday, had no alcohol, took a walk at lunch, but didn't exercise. I am still so exhausted from the let down of no longer being on strike duty (and I mean relief not depression) that I can barely drag myself through the day. I should have taken yesterday and today off. Exercise will start again tomorrow. But I did log progress today too. Going to get rid of the now 5 lbs I put on during strike and get down the total 8 I need to to get to my goal.

Your work have exhausted you for over a month. I beleive rest is in order.
    I liked what you logged.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    He's beautiful, @Oberon21!!! <3

I completely agree. Gorgeous!!