WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2017

Replies

• gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Good morning everyone. I can't get over how awesome we all are at posting. There is so much to read everyday and that in itself is very inspiring. I am ok, thanks for your kind words. Here is the link to the spanakopita recipe. If you need any tips on making it, let me know.

http://greekfood.about.com/od/pansizedpies/r/Spinach-Pie-With-Feta-Spanakopita.htm

Have a great day, I would like to respond to each one of you but got to run to work <3

Sarah
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Heather I am so sorry you have been so sick. It's ghastly, what you've gone through. A good portion of the rest of this post is about food, so you may want to skip past it. :#

Anne from Wisconsin We had mini-pizzas using cauliflower crust last night. I used 20oz cauliflower, grated, squeezed and salad spun as much moisture out of it as I could, added 2 egg whites, 2 teasp onion powder, 2 teasp garlic powder, 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, and 6 T almond flour. Baked 15 min at 400. Could have baked longer to make them crispier, perhaps 20-25 minutes. Then put toppings on and cooked another 10-15 minutes. I followed the Fit Men Cook recipe for Cauliflower Pizza Bites. This is the third recipe I have tried & like it best. Moisture in the cauliflower is the main obstacle to overcome. The texture is crispiest and least likely to stick when made into small flat patties and baked on parchment paper. We like pizza made this way better than regular pizza, which is saying something, because I love pizza! We put crumbled bacon, onion, a teasp of pizza or spaghetti sauce, one slice of pepperoni, a slice of black olive, and a teasp of mozzarella on each. You have to be sparing on the ingredients to avoid soggy crust. The other one we like is called Best Cauliflower Pizza bites by Delish.com which is not quite as low carb but very tasty.

Lisa I hope the Ducktor quacks for the warehouse soon. LOL!!

Allie You are a kind soul.

Katie Yes it is my leg. I have at least a dozen pairs of crazy leggings which keep my fellow Jazzercisers amused. Plus lots of pairs of Crocs in many colors. I'm not terrible fashionable, but I'm fun. Your mom looks fun.

Michele Lovely woman in a lovely dress.

Kim from N. Cal I am so glad you had a life-altering, amazing weekend and found a way to share it with people who care about you. <3

Margaret Sorry for your unhappy teaching experience. Even if some people want to learn, the others prevent it. Not to mention waste your time.

Sarah Thanks for the link.

Karen in VIrginia

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    KAY ~ Congrats on not being obese. Also, on the smaller size. I don't believe I will ever get there.

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3
  • csofled
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Although I am not there yet for sure, my OVERWEIGHT self and I are working on it. Yes, you heard that right. As of this morning's weigh-in, I am no longer obese. I never thought I'd see the day.

2014305gyfo52dekw.gif

Cheri
    waiting for that day also!!!!
  • csofled
    Morning Ladies~
    I told Tom when I got home, and this is what a putts he is.. he asked why I was on the street I was,because I have to go up a hill.. well I avoid about 6-7 traffic lights that way.. but he was worried about how much gas I was using to go up the hill rather than stop and help someone..

Ha,ha my Mitch would have said the same thing...his Asperger's logical mind would have evaluated the situation in 3 sec or less and would have said something quite similar. At which I would have looked at him with my jaw dropped and re-stated the "human" part of the scenario to which he would have called me a good samaritan! And then he would have fussed over the missing blanket which we always keep in the car!

Cheri

• SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Katiebug: Congrats on the weigh in!

Thought for the day: “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Have a wonderful day ladies. :)

Carey - Northern Alberta

Goals for Jan:
    - Increase walking to 7500 per day by end of month
    - Get to Tai Chi at least once a week
    - Increase daily water intake

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Dr. Katie: Congratulations on your milestone! Overweight is a huge step forward from obese. WTG!!! :flowerforyou: :star::flowerforyou: :star:

Allie: You are a heroine. :star: Tom is clueless. :ohwell:

Yoga today! Yay!!! Tomorrow is a dear friend's birthday. I'm putting a card in the mail to her ASAP but I suspect it will be late. I hope I have a good one in my collection. If not I'll shop. I'll wish her happy birthday on facebook, too. I haven't seen her since a group of us got together for breakfast in August.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    Mary back at you with the exercise.

Knee continues to improve. I just know I have to be careful and not overdo while I am still healing. The reason I originally working yesterday is I knew I was going to have two classes. (It was a split assignment) that would not aggravate my knee. Fortunately the second class went much better than the first yesterday. As stressful as the first class was it didn't throw off my recovery.

One of the hardest things about a class like yesterday is the majority of the students really want to do well. It was mostly these two students one in particular that threw the class off. When a teacher came to ask why the one student needed to work somewhere else i explained all that he did plus she could see the class was still off after he was gone for about ten minutes. I said it was even worse when he was in the classroom. They finally settled when he was gone for the last 25 minutes of the class.

:heart: Margaret
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    I did want to say that I saw the quilt and it is absolutely GORGEOUS! I wish I had 1/10 of your talent. My quilts fall apart very quickly... Good luck and congratulations!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    edited January 2017
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-6X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-46X7X 30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Fitness Test
    Push-ups-4×15
    Sit ups-4×15
    Jumping jacks-4×15

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th- 25th
    In preparation for this challenge I will be reducing the amount of processed foods and foods high in sugar. Yes that includes some high natural sugary fruits. If you are interested in joining me I have created a thread with information about the keto diet. We will use that thread to communicate our accomplishments on as well as post our favorite recipes. Please bookmark it!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10507486/keto-3-week-challenge#latest

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Thank you for starting this!

My resolutions:

Be joyful, be peaceful.

Eat 8 to 10 servings of fruits/veggies a day.

Do enough of what I value each day that I go to bed feeling that that was a day well invested.
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Hello, MFP friends -

I was so bummed this morning... I was sure I'd have a great weigh-in because I've been very good this week but I hadn't lost a pound. I actually took off my pajamas (8 ounces!) just to show a tiny loss. Oh, well, that's how it goes sometimes.

lacruiser - I did use the full fat coconut milk in the cauliflower, and drizzled a little more on top to finish.

Karen - Those are some cute dogs, not to mention snazzy leggings!

Michele - We have a small mass-produced version of a dolphin in our bathroom, from my husband's days living on the coast. It looks very much like your creation only yours is much nicer!

Sherry - Wow, off meds! That is a great accomplishment - congratulations on seeing your hard work pay off.

Katla - Yes, I carry an organ donor card! I wish everyone would. Once I'm gone, I won't have any use for what's left behind. Although I did have a grandmother who objected to cremation because our bodies are supposed to be resurrected on Judgment Day. Given the state bodies must be in millenia after death, I told her I figured the Lord can handle reassembling some ashes (or replacing a donated kidney).

Heather - What a colossal bummer to be sick on your vacation! Hope you're up and about soon. The sickest I've ever been in my life was after a trip to Monterrey, Mexico. There are about three days of my life I can't even remember (and give what I do remember, that's probably for the best).

Lisa - Go go go Dr. Chicken!

Leigh - Oh, thank you - the pear and carrot soup sounds very intriguing! I'll have to give it a try. Too bad "soup season" is so short here. I love making a big batch of soup and then eating from it all week.

Scrambling to get ahead with work today because the Austin Chronicle wants my foster greyhound for a photo shoot tomorrow and it'll take most of my day to get him there and back. This could be his big break - he's a senior and he's been in foster a long time. I'd love it if he finds his forever family through this article.

-Yvonne in TX