Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Replies

• jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    My understanding is that sugar is good post-workout to replenish glycogen stores. Could be mistaken.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    edited November 2017
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    It's good in an apple pie on Thanksgiving too.

And good in apple pie outside of Thanksgiving too.

Is this an unpopular opinion? I'd consider it mainstream, tbh. :wink:

depends on which group you are a member of - the "sugar is poison!" crowd would vastly disagree lol

and pumpkin pie - can't forget the pumpkin pie! With whipped cream!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    It's good in an apple pie on Thanksgiving too.

And good in apple pie outside of Thanksgiving too.

True, and in just the apple also.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2017
    jdlobb wrote: »
    My understanding is that sugar is good post-workout to replenish glycogen stores. Could be mistaken.

My point is that you don't really need to put context around sugar for it to be "good", but if you do, it's also used during endurance sports/activities.

I believe @lemurcat12 has a story about a friend who's known for her Coke guzzling during marathons.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member

My point is that you don't really need to put context around sugar for it to be "good", but if you do, it's also used during endurance sports/activities.

I believe @lemurcat12 has a story about a friend who's known for her Coke guzzling during marathons.

coke during the marathon on an ironman is da bomb! so is the chicken broth - its magical!
  • jdlobb

i ran a half-marathon in Romania years ago and they had beer every at the water table every 2 miles.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    I like eating a few gummy bears after I work out but I have no disipline when they are in my house...I stopped buying them because I believe they cause more harm than good....its a very unpopular opinion in my house. Does this count?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    I like eating a few gummy bears after I work out but I have no disipline when they are in my house...I stopped buying them because I believe they cause more harm than good....its a very unpopular opinion in my house. Does this count?

I get the annies singles(60 calories) in a 50 count box from Costco.
  • jdlobb
    I've been meaning to grab a bag of the halloween sized sour patch kids single packs for a post-workout snack.
  • jdlobb
    gt5841b wrote: »
    Diet and workout are less about health and more about being hot for me. I have a better sex life if I feel confident about my appearance. Health and wellness are icing.

keepin' it real
  • evilpoptart63

I get the annies singles(60 calories) in a 50 count box from Costco.

You are my hero! Fantastic idea!!! Im going to have to pick some up!!
  • evilpoptart63
    Diet and workout are less about health and more about being hot for me. I have a better sex life if I feel confident about my appearance. Health and wellness are icing.

also this ...100% my motivation too lol. No shame!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member

Interesting take. What's the good word?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    I've been meaning to grab a bag of the halloween sized sour patch kids single packs for a post-workout snack.

Too late.

The perfect energy source in a sweet/sour hugable package. Ambrosia in a pouch.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »

Too late.

I go straight to the 5 lb bag. Yeah, I may have a problem.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »

Too late.

I wish I'd thought of that. I could have saved a few bucks.
This discussion has been closed.