Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What are your unpopular opinions about health / fitness?

Options

Replies

• jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    jdlobb wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    If you're trying to lose weight, and closely monitoring your progress, it's best to stick to basically the same macro ratios the entire time. If you're LCHF, stick to that. If you're HCLF, stick to that. letting your carb and fat ratios fluctuate is a recipe for the kinds of "why did i gain 4 pounds today" hysterics that discourage people trying to lose weight.

Not universally a problem. Some of us are (1) able to understand what's going on with fluctuations, right from the start; and (2) are not even slightly inclined to hysterics about much of anything, let alone something so trivial.

Clearly, others' mileage will vary.

I swear to god, this website will “not every....” literally anything

yup...however in most situations you shouldn't blanket statement things...because there will always be a "not every...." shortly if you do...

>:)>:)>:)>:)

because typically there is a not every to follow....

you'll get the hang of it I promise...

What exactly did that comment do to add to or clarify what I said? I think it was pretty obvious that I was talking pretty specifically about the seemingly endless stream of posters who complain every time they see the scale go up a pound.

The “aaaaccctually not eeeevery...” respond added literally nothing.

I didn’t say “every” or “all” anywhere in my post.

I was speaking very specifically to people are “closely monitoring their weight loss.”

Clearly if you already understand there’s going to be fluctuations, you’re in that bucket, and the entire rest of the message is completely, and totally, irrelevant to you.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    My most unpopular idea about fitness tends to be that I am right and you are wrong. Typically you don't like being wrong, especially when I am right.

See, I've learned to accept that you are likely right about things. So if I find myself disagreeing with you, I tend to think I'm wrong and you're right.

But this applies only to you (and a few others).

Oh come on I was making a joke...don't make it weird lol

Too late! LOL
  • jdlobb
    Options
    My understanding is that sugar is good post-workout to replenish glycogen stores. Could be mistaken.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    It's good in an apple pie on Thanksgiving too.

And good in apple pie outside of Thanksgiving too.

Is this an unpopular opinion? I'd consider it mainstream, tbh. :wink:

depends on which group you are a member of - the "sugar is poison!" crowd would vastly disagree lol

and pumpkin pie - can't forget the pumpkin pie! With whipped cream!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    It's good in an apple pie on Thanksgiving too.

And good in apple pie outside of Thanksgiving too.

True, and in just the apple also.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    My understanding is that sugar is good post-workout to replenish glycogen stores. Could be mistaken.

My point is that you don't really need to put context around sugar for it to be "good", but if you do, it's also used during endurance sports/activities.

I believe @lemurcat12 has a story about a friend who's known for her Coke guzzling during marathons.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

My point is that you don't really need to put context around sugar for it to be "good", but if you do, it's also used during endurance sports/activities.

I believe @lemurcat12 has a story about a friend who's known for her Coke guzzling during marathons.

coke during the marathon on an ironman is da bomb! so is the chicken broth - its magical!
  • jdlobb
    Options

i ran a half-marathon in Romania years ago and they had beer every at the water table every 2 miles.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I like eating a few gummy bears after I work out but I have no disipline when they are in my house...I stopped buying them because I believe they cause more harm than good....its a very unpopular opinion in my house. Does this count?
This discussion has been closed.