WHY do people CHEAT?

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ... why does it feel like there's still more shame/stigma (even in this thread) against women who engage in extramarital affairs, than men who do? If one is wrong, then both are equally wrong, yes? So why do women get more flak for being sexually aggressive and/or pursuant in their desires?

Seems kinda... double standard-ish.

I'm not sure I agree with this, it seems like guys who cheat are just "self centered *kitten* players", women who cheat are "looking for something the relationship is lacking".

See, I don't agree with that. Men are complex creatures, too. They have needs, wants, desires. We may be biologically different, but I think our innate humanness is essentially the same, regardless of the gender.

I didn't mean to imply that as fact, or my opinion, just my impression of the stereotype

Gotcha. I might have misread. :laugh:
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    6qe5a4u6zdip.gif
    ... why does it feel like there's still more shame/stigma (even in this thread) against women who engage in extramarital affairs, than men who do? If one is wrong, then both are equally wrong, yes? So why do women get more flak for being sexually aggressive and/or pursuant in their desires?

I'm not sure I agree with this, it seems like guys who cheat are just "self centered *kitten* players", women who cheat are "looking for something the relationship is lacking".

See, I don't agree with that. Men are complex creatures, too. They have needs, wants, desires. We may be biologically different, but I think our innate humanness is essentially the same, regardless of the gender.

I didn't mean to imply that as fact, or my opinion, just my impression of the stereotype

I kind of want to hit 'disagree' on all of your posts since you had mentioned it. It's like a giant, red, candy-like button. . .
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    6qe5a4u6zdip.gif

I kind of want to hit 'disagree' on all of your posts since you had mentioned it. It's like a giant, red, candy-like button. . .

That's okay. I'm counting up and accumulating disagrees to see how many I can get in one thread for my opinions. :laugh: I'm currently at... 25 for this thread alone. Gotta try harder.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    6qe5a4u6zdip.gif

That's okay. I'm counting up and accumulating disagrees to see how many I can get in one thread for my opinions. :laugh: I'm currently at... 25 for this thread alone. Gotta try harder.

You might have friend requests from s131952, s131953, s131954, s131955 . . . s131998 and so forth soon
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »

I don't think that one side gets more flak, it's more an issue of how much more easier it is for a woman to cheat via apps. Men can try to cheat on apps too, but it's a hell of a lot more difficult, and that now looks like a fact nowadays.

Why would it be more easy for women to cheat on say Tinder than it would be for a man? You're both still using the app to get what you want. It doesn't exist anymore (I think), but Ashley Madison used to be predominantly used by men looking for extramarital affairs and it was quite successful at what its job was.

It's all because of the dynamic. In human sociology as we know it, men generally seek out/approach the women, and women do not tend to chase men - some women are even repulsed by the idea of chasing or approaching a man. Then with growing users on these apps, it ends up looking like 200 men focusing on one female profile. This is the bizarre reality of it and this is in essence why it's easier - a women just has to dissect all the profiles, and a man goes unnoticed or ignored because of the large volume of "creeps" she already had to deal with.

Okay, I see where you're coming from. The sociological aspect as opposed to a technological one.

It does not help that women (at least in most Western societies) are taught that chasing after men is beneath them and that a man should "work for" his desire to be with a woman. We are also shamed for being the aggressors as though that somehow makes us "less than" or "easy".

And most of us have had this ingrained into us since we were very young without even realizing it.

I have never used Tinder or a dating app/website of any sort, so I am unsure of their algorithms or mechanics. You're just reinforcing my desire to never use them, though. :laugh:
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    6qe5a4u6zdip.gif

You might have friend requests from s131952, s131953, s131954, s131955 . . . s131998 and so forth soon

Sweet. :laugh:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Humans man... we some complex mfp’ers amirite??? Human mind is fascinating isn’t it.

I still don't understand the human mind itself

it's not that difficult....

just start with Pizza, then work your way down.

This is an interesting perspective on Maslow's hierarchy of needs and I am here for it

Stupid Ole' Maslow can order his own pizza.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Humans man... we some complex mfp’ers amirite??? Human mind is fascinating isn’t it.

This is an interesting perspective on Maslow's hierarchy of needs and I am here for it

Maybe if he ate more pizza he wouldn't have felt the need to make whiny pyramids
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I think it's because they didn't find love

I have met people that cheat even when they love their significant others and they have the perfect family!!!.

As have I. One woman in particular whose cheating became common knowledge because she was very indiscreet about it, with both her first and second marriages. I think that having the entire workplace knowing about her behaviour may have been part of the thrill.

It got to the point where coworkers felt so badly for her second husband they would plead with her to just end the marriage instead of making a fool out of him. She would just laugh and tell them, "I'm going to eat my cake and have it too".
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

Maybe if he ate more pizza he wouldn't have felt the need to make whiny pyramids

7d1822e4a5c98502026dd72766c48726.jpg

Same thing but better
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    I need a "laugh" button :D

We all do.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I have met people that cheat even when they love their significant others and they have the perfect family!!!.

As have I. One woman in particular whose cheating became common knowledge because she was very indiscreet about it, with both her first and second marriages. I think that having the entire workplace knowing about her behaviour may have been part of the thrill.

It got to the point where coworkers felt so badly for her second husband they would plead with her to just end the marriage instead of making a fool out of him. She would just laugh and tell them, "I'm going to eat my cake and have it too".
    for some men that’s a thing they like
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

are they hiring ??
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

for some men that’s a thing they like

Do you mean a cuckold fantasy/fetish?