Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    u0m0kixm3w6q.jpg

ho ho ho or no no no??
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    u0m0kixm3w6q.jpg

ho ho ho or no no no??

well then...this thread finally made it back...full circle.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    u0m0kixm3w6q.jpg

ho ho ho or no no no??

Hohoho, on icing only.
  • RCPV
    RCPV Posts: 342 Member
    NO NO NO. Barfingly sweet. :#
  • JasonJoyHedenskog
    JasonJoyHedenskog Posts: 143 Member
    I may be the only one that actually likes these. When I’d fall off the wagon I indulge in whatever sweets I come across. They are not the best ever, but I don’t discriminate when it comes to sugar 😂
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I may be the only one that actually likes these. When I’d fall off the wagon I indulge in whatever sweets I come across. They are not the best ever, but I don’t discriminate when it comes to sugar 😂

I'm the exact same way. :( If it's got sugar I'll eat it. Heck, if it fits in my mouth I'll eat it. :/
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

I'm the exact same way. :( If it's got sugar I'll eat it. Heck, if it fits in my mouth I'll eat it. :/

Me too, "too sweet" is like a non-existent thing for me.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    u0m0kixm3w6q.jpg

ho ho ho or no no no??

Color of frosting changes nothing, even if you switch from a color that reminds people of flowers (?), to a color that reminds people of vegetables (?), and line them up in a seasonally-appropriate ring, rather than a rectangular phalanx.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Really polarizing foods are things like: 1) brain sandwiches, 2) barbecued pig snouts or 3) haggis, just sayin'.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,925 Member
    Haven't tried the first two - but I think the thing with haggis is more the knowing what it is, rather than the actual taste, which is not that different really.

Admittedly had had quite a few drinks before the tasting so my experience may be flawed :o;)B)
  • RCPV
    RCPV Posts: 342 Member
    Want to talk about polarizing food? Go to this discussion: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10775611/meatless-the-better#latest

Ain't gonna touch that one with a 100-foot pole.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    I was amused, when I went to a potluck today, to see "those" cookies: The Lofthouse ones, in the green variant.

No, I didn't eat them (still ick, to me), but I had some of the homemade chocolate/sour cream/Kahlua cake, and some homemade peanut-butter bars with chocolate topping . . . and those were just the desserts. ;)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    f78sx1kfiihz.jpeg
    I had no clue they had so many flavors!
  • EmilyEnough
    EmilyEnough Posts: 67 Member
    Those are my mom's very most favorite cookies. I think when I eat they seem too sweet but I understand a sweet craving.
    I think at the end of the day where everybody stands should be based on what they want most out of their life and their own self control. For me if I was really craving sweets, one of these cookies would knock out the craving entirely...... But for some people? If they open that package they're going to eat a whole row.

This isnt an objective enough war. Lol. Everyone is different.

Probably not food anybody should ever eat though.. . Because your body just goes oh my gosh -oh my gosh -oh my gosh- SUGARRRRRRR *insulin spikes*

As for me and my house, we must avoid the bakery section.😂
  • I've got a fructose intolerance, and I'm a supertaster and autistic. Yay. So coffee is too bitter, mayo is wrong, mustard is too loud, most hot peppers are too hot for me to handle, no pickles.... etc. I eat my hot dogs plain and my hamburgers plain as well. (I do like a bacon cheeseburger, but not well enough to eat the extra calories most times.) I like sweets but they make me drunk and give me a painful hangover about five minutes after eating them, so I'm largely down to things like chunks of candied ginger in dark chocolate, which one only wants one or two of anyway. I've never much liked commercial baked goods. I'd rather eat my own cookies.
  • pancakerunner
    edited January 2020
    f78sx1kfiihz.jpeg

yikes! the red velvet actually looks kind of good...
  • pancakerunner
    gs9elu4gx0cc.png
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    f78sx1kfiihz.jpeg

I'm so so so grateful that these aren't available to me anymore. I legit have no self control around them and I'd eat ALL 4 of those flavors...
  • valkyriemfp
    valkyriemfp Posts: 6 Member
    they've been nasty since birth; every time i try one, because everyone else is so hyped over them, i end up disappointed