What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Sushi, I could eat it every day.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

sashimi for me please
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    Don't judge me... but currently obsessed with high quality butter.

No judgement on my end. I especially like it on my homemade, toasted to perfection sourdough loaf.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Dates
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    edited January 2020
    Purple sweet potatoes. The color is amazing! They taste pretty awesome too :)
  • pancakerunner
    Mozzarella, in a caprese salad with juicy tomatoes, fragrant basil, a little extra virgin olive oil and a touch of seasoning.

Burrata > mozzarella :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

sashimi for me please

me too....yummy
  • barnwpk
    barnwpk Posts: 5 Member
    Quaker Apple Cinnamon Rice Crisps
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Baked apples
  • Chocolate and ice cream.
  • pancakerunner
    Coconut cream! Eaten straight from the can.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,365 Member
    The lasagna digression earlier in the thread led to this: baked lasagna and because I was cooking anyway, also chicken broccoli alfredo penne bake
  • pancakerunner
    The lasagna digression earlier in the thread led to this: baked lasagna and because I was cooking anyway, also chicken broccoli alfredo penne bake

Both look outstanding! Eyes on the lasagna especially ... !!!
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    Avocado 🥑
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,365 Member

My 17yo (6'3"+) son came in from lacrosse conditioning practice and promptly devoured 1/6th of the lasagna. It was apparently delicious.
  • pancakerunner

My 17yo (6'3"+) son came in from lacrosse conditioning practice and promptly devoured 1/6th of the lasagna. It was apparently delicious.

That leaves 5/6 for me, right?
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    I recently discovered built (protein) bars. I was eating quest bars before, but I really love the built bars. Great taste!
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited January 2020
    Egg whites.
    (I might've shared that here before - but it is still true. I've been having four or five almost every day for the past I-don't-know-how-many-days. I probably shared this here before, too (and I am sorry to repeat myself):
    I whip them up to stiff peaks, add seasonings, then spread out the big egg white "floof" onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake for roughly 15 minutes, and the final product is a "pita"- or "flatbread"-type concoction. (:
    (Due to various food sensitivities, I rely a lot on egg whites for protein. I try to make it less monotonous and more "fun" by preparing them in ways other than scrambling or boiling them (: ))