Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• KickassAmazon76KickassAmazon76 Member Posts: 582 Member Member Posts: 582 Member
    Lately it's sun dried tomato rice cakes with cheddar cheese and honey ham, warmed up for 15s to melt the cheese a little. I'm obsessed!
  • kpeterson539kpeterson539 Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Sardines. Fresh or canned. Does not matter :)

@just_Tomek What is your favorite way to eat sardines? I have never tried them and I want to.
  • kpeterson539kpeterson539 Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member

@just_Tomek What is your favorite way to eat sardines? I have never tried them and I want to.

Straight out of the can, if in good olive oil with a side of crusty bread for dipping into the oil, as a snack.
    Simply grilled on a BBQ then tossed in lemon juice and parsley and eaten whole, with a nice salad.
    Canned in water, mashed into a paste with roasted red pepper, ketchup, hot sauce and used as a sandwich spread.

I just love these tiny fatty fish :)

Thank you so much! Sardines just went onto my weekend shopping list. I'll give it a whirl!
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 3,593 Member Member Posts: 3,593 Member
    Fage 2% Greek Yogurt mixed with sugar free banana pudding mix, pb2 and dark chocolate chunks
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,151 Member Member Posts: 9,151 Member

Straight out of the can, if in good olive oil with a side of crusty bread for dipping into the oil, as a snack.
    Simply grilled on a BBQ then tossed in lemon juice and parsley and eaten whole, with a nice salad.
    Canned in water, mashed into a paste with roasted red pepper, ketchup, hot sauce and used as a sandwich spread.

Thank you so much! Sardines just went onto my weekend shopping list. I'll give it a whirl!

If you are buying canned, make sure to get good quality Portuguese sardines. Get one can in water and one in olive oil. Excellent low calorie very nutrient dense / high protein food.
    edited February 20
  • chris89topherchris89topher Member, Premium Posts: 205 Member Member, Premium Posts: 205 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    roasted acorn squash w/ the skin

I LOVE acorn squash! The air fryer cooks it to perfection and makes my tummy quite happy. :p
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,532 Member Member Posts: 6,532 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    roasted acorn squash w/ the skin

I LOVE acorn squash! The air fryer cooks it to perfection and makes my tummy quite happy. :p

I know right??? Nature's candy (squash in general...)...I'm thinking some of of 'Tom's' sardines would pair nicely with some too...
  • Rhumax67Rhumax67 Member Posts: 170 Member Member Posts: 170 Member
    Coffee after being a lifelong tea drinker!
  • Missmass4Missmass4 Member Posts: 26 Member Member Posts: 26 Member
    -buttered toast sprinkled with garlic salt and topped with slices of fresh tomato
    -Blue Diamond garlic, herb, and olive oil almonds
    -Pretzel Crisps dipped in cream cheese covered with Boars Head ham glaze

🤤🤤🤤
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,196 Member Member Posts: 5,196 Member
    Lately it's sun dried tomato rice cakes with cheddar cheese and honey ham, warmed up for 15s to melt the cheese a little. I'm obsessed!

Mmmmmm I have to try this, it sounds delicious!
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 573 Member Member Posts: 573 Member

Yes! Fatty fish !! I love sardines, anchovy, herring, mackeral and love white fish too! Hot sauce, I have used nutritional yeast, mustard and with herbs and coconut oil
  • KickassAmazon76KickassAmazon76 Member Posts: 582 Member Member Posts: 582 Member

Mmmmmm I have to try this, it sounds delicious!

It's been my breakfast daily for weeks. Lol. I really enjoy it!
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,941 Member Member Posts: 1,941 Member
    sweet potato with honey and cinnamon sugar! it's basically dessert! yum
    edited February 21
  • SaraKim17SaraKim17 Member Posts: 1,298 Member Member Posts: 1,298 Member
    Trader Joe's Brookies 😕
    Wegmans Seven Grain Bread
  • AngryViking1970AngryViking1970 Member Posts: 2,816 Member Member Posts: 2,816 Member

If you are buying canned, make sure to get good quality Portuguese sardines. Get one can in water and one in olive oil. Excellent low calorie very nutrient dense / high protein food.

Nice choice 👌🇵🇹🐟

Currently obsessed with dried mango!!!

Oh man me too! I was in TJ's a couple of weeks ago looking at the dried apricots and this girl grabbed like 10 bags of the dried mango. I had to know what she was loving. SO good.
  • Safari_Gal_Safari_Gal_ Member, Premium Posts: 630 Member Member, Premium Posts: 630 Member
    Seafood 🦞
  • KevinWH87KevinWH87 Member Posts: 74 Member Member Posts: 74 Member
    Steel head trout! Also, garlic!
  • JennJ323JennJ323 Member Posts: 643 Member Member Posts: 643 Member
    3 nights in a row this week I had (as a side salad) romaine, chopped up mini sweet peppers, banana peppers, carrots matchsticks and Greek yogurt Ranch dressing.. I don't know why it tasted so good to me. But I've really enjoyed it!