The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo I know you are much younger than me so you probably dont remember Shirley Temple. I was also thinking about your little brother and wondering how he is doing with his drinking.
  • RubyRed427
    nuffer wrote: »
    I passed the 500 day mark and didn't even notice. It does get easier.
    For the former beer drinkers, I've found a source for Lagunitas brewing Hop seltzer. It's not NA beer -- there's no malt, just a zero calorie hop-flavored water with a touch of yeast. I used to homebrew and hang out with a bunch of hopheads. I miss my IPA style beers, and this is an excellent substitute. In California they have a version combined with cannabis extract that is quite good. Not available in Washington but it's fairly simple to do DIY addition of extract. Highly recommended.
    516 days, I never would have guessed it'd be possible.

I keep hearing it gets easier, I sure hope so!!! And soon!
    Congrats on 500 :)
  • RubyRed427
    donimfp wrote: »
    @RubyRed427, so glad you're back in the game. This time of total AF for 80 days, I've actually lost 21.4 lbs. so far. I'm the same way. The combination of no alcohol, no drinking food, and LOTS of water seems to be the magic bullet for me.

That's significant weight loss~ awesome! I agree with your water comment. I cannot get enough water and keep on chugging it. I think that does help with weight loss.
  • RubyRed427
    One last thing, I read that Dax Shepard relapsed. That made me so sad. But he is sober now and admitted it. I also remember how much lying and deceiving you have to do when you hide your addiction. So much work!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Wow, that "kitten" button is fast. I even tried to doctor up the "naughty" word.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    When I was little my grandparents always ordered a Shirley Temple for me and a Roy Rogers for my brother. I think they were the same drink. Sugary nonalcoholic drinks in a martini glass with a cherry. Good memories.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I love Shirley Temples and make them for my grandgirls as a special treat. I just use gingerale and the juice in the maraschino cherry glass, plus cherries of course! For me, I use seltzer water and the cherry juice. I'm trying to cut out soda.
  • SunnyDays930
    And all these weight loss stories are motivating me! Thanks for sharing your successes!
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Thats true. The second we think we got this think again. I thought I was deserving of some Birthday wine with my birthday dinner. Its funny that I entertained the idea. I dont even like wine. Just seeking that break from reality let loose happy feeling.
    I didnt. Ate all the birthday cake and food though. Had zero control of that situation. So after 4 days of recklessness I have to pull the reigns back in. All or nothing same mentality different vice. But its the proof I need to show me I dont have it all together and quite possibly never will.
    Carrot juice shots tomorrow
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    @aroze0928 now I see what 0928 means!!!
    Happy birthday!!!!

Today is my birthday!!! We almost shared one!
  • SunnyDays930
    Oh and Happy Birthday to Beka and Aroze!
  • aroze0928
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @aroze0928 now I see what 0928 means!!!
    Happy birthday!!!!

Today is my birthday!!! We almost shared one!

Happy Birthday!! Hope its a great one!
  • aroze0928
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Oh and Happy Birthday to Beka and Aroze!

Thank you