Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• wiigelecwiigelec Member Posts: 465 Member Member Posts: 465 Member
    I am sure you meant no harm and you probably do respond better to tough love; you wish someone would have said that to you.

@RubyRed427 yeah i think it has a lot to do with where i grew up and where i work.

rock springs is a pretty industrial place in the middle of the desert with a somewhat sordid history, and i work in the oil field where nothing is sugar coated.

i understand that approach doesn’t work for everybody
    edited January 13
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,738 Member Member Posts: 4,738 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    I went to my hairdresser. He and I have been together for 15 years. We share a lot of personal stories. I told him I am four months sober and he automatically said "did you know that alcohol is a class one carcinogen?"

So I looked it up:
    Class 1 means that it is known that this substance causes cancer in humans. UV radiation is in this category, because science has shown that UV causes between 95-99% of skin cancers in humans. And UV is in good company in this class, which also has asbestos, tobacco and a range of chemicals with scary names.

Yes another reason for us to stay sober.

Some campaigners believe that, just like cigarette packs, there should be some kind of warning on bottles / cans. But alas, this will never happen...

Also, another thing helping to keep me dry is there actually is no safe usage amount of this substance. I will link a video.
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,738 Member Member Posts: 4,738 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    Here's a link to some NA drinks I received in my inbox. Don't know if they will be of interest, but I might try one or two.

@JenT304, you are so right. Just a couple days drinking made my first couple days sober very difficult. Luckily, I feel like I'm settling back into my regular alcohol-free pattern without too much trouble. I'd say I dodged a bullet. Foo Foo I think you'll enjoy your next holiday abroad sober. That will be an adventure!

http://www.eatingwell.com/gallery/2061934/mocktail-recipes-thatll-get-you-through-dry-january-with-ease/?did=598479-20210114&utm_campaign=etg-nonewsubs_relationship-builder&utm_source=eatingwell.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=011421&cid=598479&mid=48777736283&slide=7c07ed56-748a-4d20-a827-63bd3371edd2#7c07ed56-748a-4d20-a827-63bd3371edd2

Those drinks look nice, need to try some out. I might buy all fancy glasses for making mocktails ! Make it even more enjoyable.

And yeah I think a holiday abroad now would be a challenge AND an adventure. But, yeah, more so an adventure. 😊😊
  • donimfpdonimfp Member Posts: 783 Member Member Posts: 783 Member
    That is so awesome Foo Foo! I agree on the cost benefit of a course that is working for you. I don’t know how Sexy Sobriety works but after taking the Sober School course we have lifetime access to the course. I’m doing it over right now. I started Monday so today was Day 4 of the 42-day course. To my surprise when I went back to the material and once again wrote answers to the various discussion questions I discovered other women from my. July 6 group also redoing the work either just for extra reinforcement or because they have now decided to go full time sober or whatever. So there’s even an ongoing community in addition to the ongoing content—for free. Best $500 I’ve ever spent.
    donimfp wrote: »
    That is so awesome Foo Foo! I agree on the cost benefit of a course that is working for you. I don’t know how Sexy Sobriety works but after taking the Sober School course we have lifetime access to the course. I’m doing it over right now. I started Monday so today was Day 4 of the 42-day course. To my surprise when I went back to the material and once again wrote answers to the various discussion questions I discovered other women from my. July 6 group also redoing the work either just for extra reinforcement or because they have now decided to go full time sober or whatever. So there’s even an ongoing community in addition to the ongoing content—for free. Best $500 I’ve ever spent.

Hmmmm. I don't think that on sexy sobriety you ever get free access. I don't think you do. There has never been any mention of that or anything 'free'. Only thing is, once you decide to stay on board and go onto the Vault material....you can go back and check out all the other material in an uninterrupted manner. If I stay on for the 180 days total, I will have paid around £318 so it's a little bit cheaper than sober school, but you have the benefit of getting unlimited free access to your course content....I have came to realise that the community aspect of SS is where everyone can post comments & replies during the Q&A sessions so the community aspect sounds a bit more limited than on sober school. I guess each course will have its differences.

I'm glad your happy with your $500 well spent!
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 3,174 Member Member Posts: 3,174 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »

I need to buy a cocktail shaker.

Funny, my very first cocktail shaker will be used for non alcoholic drinks. The irony lol