April 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @emptydog That is scary. Glad the cardiologist said it is nothing to be concerned about. Do you have echocardiograms yearly? I have a slight heart murmur that was found on my exit physical from the AF. Obviously had it all of my life, but no one had heard it until then. Anyway, I get echocardiograms every year. That is how they found the aortic root aneurysm that I had to have repaired in January. They said that the heart murmur, caused by having a bicuspid aortic valve, is probably what caused the aneurysm. Not saying that you have one, but, in my non-doctor opinion and from experience, they should really keep a yearly check on it.

Hahaha about Stella @katharmonic! Tippy did that to me once. She was done with driveway laps and just laid down. It's hard to get a 60 pound dog up and going again when they don't want to. Glad you had nice weather for the run!

• emptydog
    emptydog Posts: 101 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @quilteryoyo
    Not saying that you have one, but, in my non-doctor opinion and from experience, they should really keep a yearly check on it.

I appreciate that and thank you for your input. I imagine now I will be having an annual echocardiogram.

The family doctor was the one that originally ordered it and I never gave it a second thought. Just went and had it done. I have been very lucky with my health in that I have never really made a conscious effort to take care of myself.
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I want tattle on my class mates. Do or don’t?

(College nursing program.)
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @emptydog I try to take care of myself, somewhat. More so now than earlier in life. My open heart surgery is the first surgery I have had - actually the first time I spent the night in the hospital as a patient. So, it was pretty scary, but went well - because I was in such good shape going in.

@swenson19d Depends on what they did? If it could potentially have devastating consequences for someone, I would say yes. If not, think about your reasons for wanting to tattle first, and what you want to happen about the situation if you do.
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo ya I’m being petty. Someone was watching tv in class instead of listening... just rude
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Hahaha That's what I would probably do too!

@swenson19d The professor probably knows. People think they are hiding that sort of thing, but they really aren't. It is rude though.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d The professor probably knows. People think they are hiding that sort of thing, but they really aren't. It is rude though.
    I agree, the professor likely knows. And hopefully there will be "natural consequences" when it comes time to be tested on the material and they don't know it.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @marisap2010 You have done well with your workouts this week. Hang in there. I hope things get better for you!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    4/1 - 1.87 mile 30 min easy effort
    4/2 - 1.84 mile 30 min easy effort
    4/4 - 3.68 mile 60 min easy effort
    4/5 - 2.22 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/6 - 2.22 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/7 - 1.68 mile 23 min stamina effort
    4/8 - 2.22 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/9 - 2.29 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/11 - 4.32 mile 70 min easy effort
    4/12 - 2.35 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/13 - 2.34 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/14 - 1.77 mile 23 min stamina effort
    4/15 - 2.35 mile 35 min easy effort

April total/goal miles: 31.15/50

@Tramboman - Perhaps they just shared it?

@marisap2010 - Doing your best is all anyone should ask for!

Good luck with the second round of the COVID shot @quilteryoyo
  • emptydog
    emptydog Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    3.13 miles this morning. According to the weather radar rain was imminent. But I went anyway. And it didn't rain. It didn't start for a couple of hours later. Go figure.

@quilteryoyo Neat new avatar photo.

@rb3551 Being on track is a wonderful thing. Way to go!

Today: 3.13 miles.
    April: 23.14/100. Not on track.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    4-1 7k slow
    4-2 7k slooooooow
    4-3 4k easy
    4-4 7k slow
    4-5 7k easy
    4-6 rest
    4-7 7k temperate (between tempo and moderate)
    4-8 4k easy
    4-9 7k easy
    4-10 7k temperate
    4-11 7k tempo
    4-12 rest
    4-13 7k tempo
    4-14 4k easy
    4-15 6k treadmill

April Total: 81k
    April Goal: 150k

Cloudy and low 40s F today, so instead of digging out warmer running gear, I just ran on the treadmill. Listened to '80s workout music; and I received a deep question to ponder: did Rick James borrow "Superfreak" from MC Hammer, or did MC Hammer borrow "U Can't Touch This" from Rick James?

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)
    Superfreak came first. Trivia - it was banned from play at my high school because of drug references.