April 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    5.3 mile recovery trail run, with 726 feet of Elevation and an average pace of 10:01 min per mile.

Sunny weather, but extremely windy which made it harder.

April cumulative: 90/100 miles - 5,661 feet of Elevation
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @Avidkeo Love the pictures. That is a very beautiful place to visit. I'm glad you all had a great time and that you are getting to spend time with your mom too.

@TheMrWobbly Glad to see you are getting back to normal at work and able to get back into a routine. That sounds really stressful. You made me realize that we also haven't heard from @hamsterwheel6 @kirstymn @Faebert and @eleanorhawkins for a while. Hope all is well with you.

@Tramboman Glad your run ended well. How was golf yesterday?

Nice run @sweetdaisy13

Thinking of @Teresa502 this morning as she is trail racing in the rain. Hope you had fun!

• pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 miles in April.

Lunch run to start the day and month off right.

April 1 - 3.14 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to Go- 96.86 miles

Mileage goal for the week - (March 29 - April 4) - 25 miles - 13.15 miles to go

I have been slacking about logging my miles daily.

April 2 - 3.09 miles
    April 3 - 3.11 miles - Really great 5K. Feel like I'm getting my speed back.
    April 4 - 7.76 miles

April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to Go - 82.9 miles

Mileage goal for the week - (March 29 - April 4) - 25 miles - Goal met with a little extra

April 6 - 4.6 miles. Ran in a t-shirt today. Woohoo!!

Total for April - 21.7 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    MIles to go - 78.3 miles

Finals week in college, so things have been crazy and I've been falling behind on just about everything.

April 7 - 4 lunch miles.

Total for April - 25.7 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 74.3 miles

April 9 - 6.03 miles

Total for April - 31.73 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 68.27 miles

Happy Happy Saturday!! Just realized I marked my Friday run wrong...I ran yesterday, not Thursday.

April 10 - 4 miles
    Total for April - 35.73 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 64.27 miles

Got the rare opportunity to run with my husband today :smile:

April 11 - 8 miles
    Total for April - 43.73 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 56.27 miles

5.11 miles to start this great day.

Total for April - 48.84 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 51.16 miles

Easy 5K on my day off...

April 14 - 3.11 miles
    Total for April - 51.95 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 48.05 miles

Got my second COVID vaccine dose yesterday and I am sure feeling it today. Glad I got to run yesterday morning because there is no way I'd have been able to run today.

April 15 - 4.98 miles (8K as part of a virtual challenge)
    Total for April - 56.93 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 43.07 miles

Felt so good at Saturday's 5K :smile: - Made me realize I still have a lot left in me and I am progressing towards another PR.

April 17 - 3.11 miles
    April 18 - 3.38 miles

Total for April - 63.42 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 36.58 miles

3.5 miles to celebrate my 35th birthday!

April 19 - 3.5 miles
    Total for April - 66.92 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 33.08 miles

I appreciate all the birthday wishes!! Thank you all so much!!! All in all, it was a really good day.

April 21 - 6.2 miles
    Total for April - 73.12 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 26.88 miles

Asked my son last night how far I should run today. His first response was "85 miles!!", but decided on 4 after I told him 85 was a little out of my league.

April 22 - 4.43 miles (little extra credit)
    Total for April - 77.55 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 22.45 miles

@quilteryoyo - He's 7, so he totally knows 85 miles is a lot of miles to run. I wonder if he was just messing with me, but yes, 4 was the better choice.
    @WhatMeRunning - Maybe when they're older I'll venture into the realm of ultra running.

April 24 - 4.59 miles
    Total for April - 82.14 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 17.86 miles

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly welcome back. Hope the knee behaves
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Yesterday I was itching to run, but kept it to 1 mile on the treadmill (barefoot!) and did my little routine on the weight machine. I got nominated to do this Strava art challenge, so I planned a route in my neighborhood and did it this morning, for 8.4 km at a very relaxed pace. Actually I walked or stopped at some points to make sure the GPS caught it right. Also paused the watch and went around to another area, then unpaused, just to get a line through an area where I couldn't go (steep embankment, railroad bridge, fenced in houses), and it worked! My quad feels fine now, but lower back hurts and that's where it starts. So I won't push it.
    uzu2x2009xq0.jpg Supposed to be the Polish eagle (with a crown, and tongue out) but my husband is making fun of me by saying it has a dog face. :D
    I didn't want to do the "force your friends to participate by tagging them" thing, but it could be fun for us to see what kind of designs we can do with our routes. How about a MFP Strava-art Challenge? Use your mapping app, plan a route, run it and post it for us all to see!

Sokol Polska.

You're very close - sokol is a falcon, and this is their eagle, so "orzeł polski" :)
    ...and then to add to the fun, jastrząb is a hawk, so my [new] town of Jastrzębie-Zdrój translates as "Hawk Spa". Try to pronounce all of those without spraining your tongue!

I behaved and biked today, around 10k, then hiked in the woods with my daughter. My kids have very different hiking styles. This one likes to talk - the whole way, haha. Quad feels fine, but I want it to also feel fine with me running at least 40k/week.
    It'sgettingpretty in the woods. 63dcq3z6swbk.jpg
    dbaiitysix7h.jpg
    Re: Strava art. I didn't think I'd find anything either, but after staring at heatmaps and playing with different routes for a while, the eagle just kinda jumped out at me. Then I started looking for ways to improve it, and kept coming back to it until I was happy with it. It was kinda fun :)

Since I only speak about 5 words of Polish, I was harkening back to my misspent youth.
    We had two Polish Falcon establishments in Erie: Third Street Falcons and Nineteenth Street Falcons. Neither establishment carded for age, so it was possible I consumed some alcoholic beverages before attaining the legal age for drinking in Pennsylvania, which was 21.

Since you said those years were misspent, I won't ask what your other 4 words are ;) And the legal drinking age here is lower, I think 18 but apparently much younger if the child is drinking at home... but I also just read that it's illegal to drink outside in public (I mean you can't even legally eat in public right now because of mask regulations, and bars are closed anyway, but apparently it was illegal before as well) and now I'm confused because I'm sure I've seen it happening and the rules seem contradictory to me.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @pfeiferlindsey Hahaha He was probably messing with you!

Oh no @RunsOnEspresso ! Sorry you didn't get to run the race in person.

@polskagirl01 Nice bike ride and hike. I almost missed the duck in the first picture. It is getting green and pretty.

@Tramboman Wow. Great job on the golfing!

@Scott6255 Congratulations on your longest run for the year. There's no shame in having to take walk breaks. As long as you are moving forward, you are making progress.

@Teresa502 Glad you stayed upright during your race. Having to be careful on the wet pavement and stone affected your pace, I'm sure. Congrats on your AG placement!

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @rheddmobile The Run The World Group is almost to Memphis. See you tomorrow, probably.