April 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I hope you can get in to see a physio soon and figure out what is going on.

Really? @rheddmobile ! That's so cool. What was the video game?
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    4-1 7k slow
    4-2 7k slooooooow
    4-3 4k easy
    4-4 7k slow
    4-5 7k easy
    4-6 rest
    4-7 7k temperate (between tempo and moderate)
    4-8 4k easy
    4-9 7k easy
    4-10 7k temperate
    4-11 7k tempo
    4-12 rest
    4-13 7k tempo
    4-14 4k easy
    4-15 6k treadmill
    4-16 5k treadmill
    4-17 6k treadmill
    4-18 7k tempo
    4-19 rest

April Total: 99k
    April Goal: 150k

Rest day today. Golf instead of running.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH
    9/18 5k Run and Roll, Aurora, OH
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    emptydog wrote: »
    Back after my absence.

The short story of it is that the family doctor was alarmed by a heart murmur that I have had all my life. He said it was getting worse. He told me no running, nothing strenuous, no lifting over 20 lbs. He made an appointment with the cardiologist for me for the following week. I worried the entire time.

Went to the cardiologist he examined me and said I was fine. No restrictions, go running, see him in a year.

Interestingly, the cardiologist is also a runner. He finished the doctoring part and then we had a nice running chat. Nice guy.

The loss of the running days is going to mess up this month's goal. But we shall persevere.

April to date: 20.01 miles.

I have a mitral valve prolapse which the dr can barely hear but showed up in a stress test. My cardiologist was the same - run run run. :) I think MVP is similar to murmur. I probably need to go back and get checked but not a lot of drs are taking appts yet for non emergent stuff. I do wonder if it's why my HR on great effort is a lot higher than "max predicted" for my age. <shrug>
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I hope you can get in to see a physio soon and figure out what is going on.

Really? @rheddmobile ! That's so cool. What was the video game?

It was going to be a turn based Civil War strategy game which never saw the light of day because after the protests the producer didn’t want to touch the subject matter. Pity but we get paid either way since we are contractors. It was fun to build for, I built a bunch of small towns in NC mostly.
  • pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 100 miles in April.

Lunch run to start the day and month off right.

April 1 - 3.14 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to Go- 96.86 miles

Mileage goal for the week - (March 29 - April 4) - 25 miles - 13.15 miles to go

I have been slacking about logging my miles daily.

April 2 - 3.09 miles
    April 3 - 3.11 miles - Really great 5K. Feel like I'm getting my speed back.
    April 4 - 7.76 miles

April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to Go - 82.9 miles

Mileage goal for the week - (March 29 - April 4) - 25 miles - Goal met with a little extra

April 6 - 4.6 miles. Ran in a t-shirt today. Woohoo!!

Total for April - 21.7 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    MIles to go - 78.3 miles

Finals week in college, so things have been crazy and I've been falling behind on just about everything.

April 7 - 4 lunch miles.

Total for April - 25.7 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 74.3 miles

April 9 - 6.03 miles

Total for April - 31.73 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 68.27 miles

Happy Happy Saturday!! Just realized I marked my Friday run wrong...I ran yesterday, not Thursday.

April 10 - 4 miles
    Total for April - 35.73 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 64.27 miles

Got the rare opportunity to run with my husband today :smile:

April 11 - 8 miles
    Total for April - 43.73 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 56.27 miles

5.11 miles to start this great day.

Total for April - 48.84 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 51.16 miles

Easy 5K on my day off...

April 14 - 3.11 miles
    Total for April - 51.95 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 48.05 miles

Got my second COVID vaccine dose yesterday and I am sure feeling it today. Glad I got to run yesterday morning because there is no way I'd have been able to run today.

April 15 - 4.98 miles (8K as part of a virtual challenge)
    Total for April - 56.93 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 43.07 miles

Felt so good at Saturday's 5K :smile: - Made me realize I still have a lot left in me and I am progressing towards another PR.

April 17 - 3.11 miles
    April 18 - 3.38 miles

Total for April - 63.42 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 36.58 miles

3.5 miles to celebrate my 35th birthday!

April 19 - 3.5 miles
    Total for April - 66.92 miles
    April Goal - 100 miles
    Miles to go - 33.08 miles
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Nice that you were able to have your meeting while walking the dog. I won't tell.

Happy, Happy Birthday @pfeiferlindsey !
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @pfeiferlindsey! We're almost birthday twins! Except my run yesterday was 5.3. 😁

@polskagirl01 I hope you can get in to see someone and get your quad issue resolved.

Glad you were able to enjoy the sunshine during your meeting @katharmonic. I took a rest day today, but it was so nice out that I walked to the park during my lunch hour. It was nice to get away from my desk and get some fresh air.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    4-1 7k slow
    4-2 7k slooooooow
    4-3 4k easy
    4-4 7k slow
    4-5 7k easy
    4-6 rest
    4-7 7k temperate (between tempo and moderate)
    4-8 4k easy
    4-9 7k easy
    4-10 7k temperate
    4-11 7k tempo
    4-12 rest
    4-13 7k tempo
    4-14 4k easy
    4-15 6k treadmill
    4-16 5k treadmill
    4-17 6k treadmill
    4-18 7k tempo
    4-19 rest
    4-20 7k tempo

April Total: 106k
    April Goal: 150k

Cloudy, a little drizzle, low 40s F, and light wind today. Wore same outfit as Sunday and got some strange looks from the people I normally see on my route.
    Happy birthday, @pfeiferlindsey!! .

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH
    9/18 5k Run and Roll, Aurora, OH
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    April 1 – 5.11 miles
    April 2 – 8.07 miles
    April 3 – Hiking (9.52 miles – 4135 elevation gain)
    April 4 – Walk (1.37 miles)
    April 5 – Strength Training; Exercise Bike (10 miles); Hiking (2.38 miles – 434 elevation gain)
    April 6 – 5.15 miles
    April 7 – Strength Training; Exercise Bike (8 miles); Hiking (7.7 miles – 1390 elevation gain)
    April 8 – 5.15 miles
    April 9 – Exercise Bike (10 miles); Biking (5.11 miles); Strength Training
    April 10 – 8.03 miles
    April 11 – 4.22 miles; Hiking (5 miles)
    April 12 – 5.18 miles; Hiking (4 miles)
    April 13 – Strength Training; Exercise Bike (14 miles); Hiking (2.12 miles)
    April 14 – Nothing
    April 15 – Nothing
    April 16 – Hiking (12.09 miles – 3387 elevation gain)
    April 17 – 3.15 miles
    April 18 – 7.04 miles; Walk (1.20 miles); Hiking (3.6 miles)
    April 19 – Strength Training; Stretch Class; Exercise Bike (14 miles)
    April 20 – 5.14 miles

Clear and cool this morning (38F) but beautiful sunrise and a nice and sunny day now. I didn’t sleep great last night and was dragging. I could not find my kitty-cat to make her come inside for the night and I worried about her getting eaten by a coyote or hit by a car. Got up at 1:00 am and 4:00 am but she still didn’t come when I called her. She’s here now. Sleeping of course…

@polskagirl01 – Did you strain your quad on a trail run? I think I missed how you got injured. Regardless, I hope it’s better soon.

@katharmonic – I like your multi-tasking strategy.

Hope Tippy feels better soon @quilteryoyo.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @pfeiferlindsey! What a great way to celebrate!

So glad you looked up in time to see that car @shanaber and glad Hobbes wasn’t with you.

@rheddmobile – I bet it was neat to hear those owls.

@Tramboman – You probably confused people with your Fall/Winter/Spring ensemble.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    4/1 - 1.87 mile 30 min easy effort
    4/2 - 1.84 mile 30 min easy effort
    4/4 - 3.68 mile 60 min easy effort
    4/5 - 2.22 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/6 - 2.22 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/7 - 1.68 mile 23 min stamina effort
    4/8 - 2.22 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/9 - 2.29 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/11 - 4.32 mile 70 min easy effort
    4/12 - 2.35 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/13 - 2.34 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/14 - 1.77 mile 23 min stamina effort
    4/15 - 2.35 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/16 - 2.41 mile 35 min easy effort
    4/18 - 4.64 mile 70 min easy effort
    4/19 - 2.93 mile 41 min easy effort
    4/20 - 2.84 mile 41 min easy effort

April total/goal miles: 43.97/50

The new Garmin Forerunner 245 arrived a day early so I was able to use it this morning! Worked like a champ. Will take some getting used to since it uses only buttons for navigation. I keep trying to swipe at the screen to navigate! :lol:

Today it was 32 F outside with a heavy wet snowfall. The roads, walkways and paved trails were all clear but everything else was covered with white stuff. Since everything has been in bloom it made for a really beautiful sight of white against other color contrasts compared to snow when everything is just dingy brown. On the downside all of that bloomage is now covered in snow. All of the snow is predicted to melt as it warms up to around 40 today.

Happy belated birthday @pfeiferlindsey and congrats on the 3.5! I have to admit I'm still confused why @kgirlhart ran 5.3 at only 35 years of age. :tongue:

Hope Tippy gets to feeling better @quilteryoyo

@penguimama I am not sure what your weather is like today, but I ran in the snow today! :grimace: Actually, I enjoyed it, it was a sight to behold as it was a wet snow and with everything in bloom it makes for a very unique view of white and green everywhere.

@sweetdaisy13 I had a nice giggle about you running from the car place and back to have it serviced. Very cool. :sunglasses:

That sucks to hear that the work you put into that game did not wind up going live @rheddmobile but how interesting that you wound up getting to know that church only to see it again here!

@katharmonic I too have been known to sneak out to run during a conference call. I always found I was able to keep up with the topics as long as it was an easy run, but like @shanaber said if you get called upon and have to speak it can be a little awkward (but keeping it an easy run helps).

@shanaber - I am glad to hear nothing happened on your close call. I've almost been hit a couple times, as have many people here (I would imagine). Sadly, as you mentioned, a lot of people do get hit and are even killed. I must admit I give cyclists and runners very wide berth compared to my life prior to running. I've even had some cars behind me get a little agitated when trailing behind on an uphill simply due to lack of visibility and not wanting to crowd the cyclist over onto the shoulder. I actually enjoy agitating those people though and wish they would think a little bit more about why I am slowing them down.

@Scott6255 - I never considered the benefit of a treadmill being for anything other than bad weather. You just opened my eyes a little to the other side of that coin. :lol:

@Tramboman - I totally understand on the weird looks and strange outfits when running. Because it was 32 and a wet snow falling today, I ran with some UA Storm tights (in Tidy Whitey that very much resemble long underwear), with shorts over those (to avoid looking like a guy running around in long underwear), and a shortsleeved shirt because it was just too warm and humid for long sleeves in my opinion, and of course gloves on the hands and a winter cap up top. Obviously I looked like I had just escaped the looney bin. But I was comfy the whole way. If anything I felt overdressed when I was finished and walked back inside a warm house.

@Teresa502 - Good to hear the cat is home and safe.