April 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @kgirlhart!!! Hope you have a great day. I'm excited for you for the 10k next weekend.

@Teresa502 beautiful hike! I have a hard time imaging the through hiking and all the gear you'd need, and endless miles. Amazing. Great job completing a 5k after that.

@quilteryoyo thanks for the running tour! Looks like we are fast approaching Tusculum as of now. It looks beautiful in your area. The cannonball church is very cool. I'd love to see the Smoky Mountains.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fun event @katharmonic Glad you were feeling good the whole way through!
  • kirstymn
    kirstymn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Thanks for the pictures, you live in a beautiful area

@kgirlhart Happy birthday!

@katharmonic Great job on getting the HM done

@WhatMeRunning My condolences on the dead 630. RIP. Wishing you speedy delivery on your new 245 :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @katharmonic You're welcome. I think the cannonball church is pretty cool too. This part of the country is very pretty. Sounds like you had fun running your HM! Finishing healthy is always the goal! :smile: You're doing great and will get the speed back.

I am so sorry for your loss @WhatMeRunning ! Glad you were able to attend the ordering ceremony arranged by your dear wife. Glad the pictures made you more smiley. :wink:

@kirstymn You're doing great with your streak. It does help motivate you to get out and do something.

@kgirlhart Nice birthday run. It would have been cool had you gotten it done in 53 minutes too. But still a great run!

@Scott6255 Your welcome. Glad you enjoyed the tour. Great run today. Awesome time.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,905 Member
    Options
    I am sad to report that my 5 year old Garmin Forerunner 630 has ceased to be after an accidental drowning when I washed my hands under the faucet. Attempts to revive it by extracting the water with silica gel packets were unsuccesful as the display was declared unresponsive at an undetermined time (due to no watch display) but roughly around 11:15am. There was no way to open it or shut it off to prevent the eventual freak out which the display endured until it finally became unresponsive. Attempts to reset were met only with a haptic feedback pulse but no other visible means of functionality.

A short service was held with great wailing and gnashing of teeth quickly followed by my wife suggesting I attend an ordering ceremony to summon a new Garmin Forerunner 245.

I will be forced to run blinded and naked until the new watch arrives sometime on Tuesday.

Thanks for sharing the photo tour @quilteryoyo it made my coming here a lot more smiley. :smiley:

My heartfelt condolences, even if it did give me giggles. 5 years! *dew claws up*

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    Nice run @Teresa502 !

Glad you had a great 5K @pfeiferlindsey !
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Teresa502

Great Half @katharmonic!

Lovely pictures @quilteryoyo! I love the cannonball church. And those puppies are adorable and getting so big!