WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka beautiful pics, can almost smell that lilac!
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

The lilac tree is my graduation gift. :)

They aren't overly common in southern Tasmania and I missed them.

M in Oz

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    We are in a enormous wind storm. Luckily we have electricity.
  • Machka9
    Options
    30 Days of Gratitude
    ccz3itve5r6y.png

1. Smell - freshly cut grass on our lawn.
    2. Technology - the amazing advancements in medical technology.
    3. Colour - blue. Beautiful blue sky peaking through the clouds.
    4. Food - soup. That's what I've been eating just recently because there's less chewing. We always keep a few cans of soup on hand for situations like these.
    5. Sound - my music. I've recently acquired a number of nature sounds CDs with music playing along with sounds of ocean waves, birds, and so on. Lovely.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I was sitting here this afternoon, reading (and finishing) another novel:

ragr87w83njp.png

And then we went for another short bicycle ride. It felt a little bit better than yesterday, but I am getting headaches right at the top of my nose, between my eyebrows and little bit into the eye area.

2nw7h372m7nc.png

Machka in Oz
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Pip Your dogs are such lucky dogs to have you and Kirby for their people. The pictures make me smile inside and out.

Betsy in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    My visit with DH went very well. I expect to be there with him as often as possible. That makes me happy. 😊
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,557 Member
    Options
    Pip Your children are all adorable! How is Yogi adjusting to Lucy and Cheespas? New Bette is sweeeeet! Looks like overhead clearance was impossible. Is Kirby a magician? :D

Debbie I was wondering what an order gun is, and why someone would hide one.

Machka Lovely gardens. Goodness.

Annie in Delaware Everyone has their own way of getting out of a temporary slump. One tried and true method for me in the past (not so much since Covid) was going to a movie in a theatre, one I could become totally engrossed in. I would go into the theatre in a slump and emerge transformed! Do you have any gimmicks that have worked for you in the past? Exercise, music, calling a friend, a long hot bath, starting a new book, dancing or marching, cooking a new healthy delicious recipe, and volunteering/helping someone are other things that have worked to snap me out of the doldrums in the past. Not talking about depression, just the blues. (((Hugs)))

Heather I am enjoying my vicarious voyage!

___

This afternoon I am meeting someone who will assemble a new bed frame at our apartment.

This morning will be working on more purging and start staging for my brother's move. The more preparation we do for the movers, that more efficient the move will be, and the less it will cost, so that is my focus.

Yesterday my brother and I went to DMV for the third time to try to obtain a Real ID. It's a challenge to scrape up documentation to get a real ID for someone who has no driver's license, utility bills, passport, W-2's, etc. - but we finally met the criteria. Amazing how thrilling it was to get this accomplished, lol! We were both in disbelief when the DMV screener gave us a number and told us to have a seat! It took about 1.5 hours, not too bad given how crowded they were.

Love you gals,

Karen in Virginia

Yogi acts like the new kids don’t exist. Kirby did a lot of measuring to make sure that it will fit. Kirby is really happy with the new Bette

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Machka-as others have said-your gardens are beautiful.

Allie-can't hurt to ask hospital to check it out. If they won't reduce, tell them you can send $5.00 a month.

Lisa-all sorts of vaccines make me tired-thats why I schedule all of them for Fridays if I can.

KJ-great visit with kids. Exciting they are even thinking of moving.

Vacuuming-my husband vacuumed very regularly. He did not work outside the home for a number of years before his death. He would vacuum, wash the dishes (didn't think we needed dishwasher), cook and do his own laundry (didn't want to mess up on my work clothes). I did stuff like dust, toilets, bedding, etc. It all worked out.

Katla-I am sorry you are frustrated. Nursing/care homes can be difficult to get into. It depends on insurance, the person's needed care level, whether they have openings. I'm sure your daughter checked all of that out and made the best choice she could.

Brother got released from hospital yesterday. Evidently he got out of bed in middle of night (Thursday) and fell. CT scans show no damage. We don't know if insurance was going to approve rehab family wanted. He will get in-home therapy at 0 co pay, so hopefully that works. We are hoping as anesthesia exits his system (and it can take some time) his confusion will lessen (at least go to preserver levels). However, this morning he is at home and excited that I am bringing his favorite pizza and watching the game with him. It's a noon kickoff so I need to get moving-he lives 20 or so minutes from me.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    1u6i34psn1xz.jpg
    Morning from Miles....
    Little toofies sticking out lol
    Today is my sister in laws 59th birthday she is meeting her girlfriends at our local winery ..
    Im lollygagging but will get some laundry done and get some stuff done around here today.. I say that and hopefully will get it done.. Nov 5th and the high will be 75 ,sheesh November? Know wonder people are getting sick..nobody knows how to dress for what kind of weather.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Barbara I use a large toothed comb and a brush meant for wet hair when I wash my hair which is twice a week at most. In between I sprinkle a bit of orange essential oil on my hair brush. Doing this routine cut down on the tangles.

8jr8cgf2hdhg.jpg

Mary You have taken the steps you can at this time to report her abuse. Now it is up to an outside agency to do their job. The power structure she lives in will more than likely do what they can to protect her. SAD but often true. She has shone her true colors and light will be on her now. It will be a matter of when not if she will no longer be able to get away with such behavior.

My wish for you is you now focus your energy on your own healing. You have so many tools you have learned over the years examples like diet...TENS... When you are stronger you can decide if there is more that needs to be done.

Mary surrounding you with healing prayers!

(((Katla)))

Kelly wonderful picture love the braided pigtails.

Allie This is why I have 5 different jackets and sweat shirts ready by the door this time of year we were in the 70's earlier this week and now we are in the forties.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    OMGosh Heather, I am so jealous! Thank you for letting me live vicariously through you. Have fun with dancing and relaxing and just HAVE FUN!

Happy Birthday Vicki!

WOOHOO PIP! Well done Kirby! I am truly impressed at how neat and clean that garage is. We can't get two cars in our three-car garage for all the crap our kids have left and WE have accumulated. A lot of it is Freddy's mom's stuff that he hasn't had the heart to get rid of yet. We're working on that. New pups seem to approve! How is Yogi doing?

Happy Birthday Ginny!

Very pretty picture KJ.

Grateful for...
    1-coffee
    2-smartphone
    3-red
    4-chili
    5-music
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Pip Your children are all adorable! How is Yogi adjusting to Lucy and Cheespas? New Bette is sweeeeet! Looks like overhead clearance was impossible. Is Kirby a magician? :D

Debbie I was wondering what an order gun is, and why someone would hide one.

___

This afternoon I am meeting someone who will assemble a new bed frame at our apartment.

This morning will be working on more purging and start staging for my brother's move. The more preparation we do for the movers, that more efficient the move will be, and the less it will cost, so that is my focus.

Yesterday my brother and I went to DMV for the third time to try to obtain a Real ID. It's a challenge to scrape up documentation to get a real ID for someone who has no driver's license, utility bills, passport, W-2's, etc. - but we finally met the criteria. Amazing how thrilling it was to get this accomplished, lol! We were both in disbelief when the DMV screener gave us a number and told us to have a seat! It took about 1.5 hours, not too bad given how crowded they were.

Love you gals,

Karen in Virginia

He works in a grocery store- the order gun is used to put in orders for their department- There are only six in the whole store. The orders all have to be in by I think 9AM so some people hide them to make sure they have one to get their orders in on time. They are supposed to be checked out and turned back into the office after the person is done with it but that doesn't happen. They charge the store $3,000 for each new one. They know 6 are in the store(they have a gps in them but not good enough to show exactly where in the store they are) and two are not in the store- most likely accidentally thrown away.

Glad you were finally able to get done with DMV- a huge step done. A great relief I am sure

Debbie

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    wizzywig wrote: »
    Morning ladies

Thanks for starting us off on a new month Barbie, I have read the first few pages, but have some catching up to do.

I've been busy with the kittens, they are so messy! We were going to take them to the RSPCA once a kennel was available, but my friend Judy has decided she wants them - yes all three! She already has a cat and a dog, so hope they will be okay there. I'm sure they will be, but I feel a bit responsible for them now, they are starting to trust us a bit more and don't run and hide when we go into the room. Judy has arranged an appointment with the vet to give them a health check and to find out what sex they are. She is very experienced with cats as she has rescued feral kittens from the farm where she works with my daughter.

The mummy cat who is now called Poppy is going to be spayed next week and microchipped and will then become my mums cat instead of stray. I hope she realises this :) no more wandering the streets for her.

Take care and love to all
    Viv UK

Up to P5

my mom now has 5 tiny kittens in her house- they were born in her greenhouse, or at least that is where she found them. Came running right to her and up her pants leg the first time they saw her, none ran away. She is planning on keeping all five(her room mate is still trying to give them away).
    That is a lot but she is loving it. Loves all the love and attention from them. She needs that. Her little dog and my sister's dog that mom has been taking care of for years, are both fine with the kittens.
    Great for this time of year, as the garden is gone now because of the frost, and she has more free time to hang out in the house with them.
    Years ago they had four(the siblings to my big boy that passed away a few months ago). If she can keep up on the litter boxes, she will be fine.

Debbie