• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 7min 24sec, 100elev, 2.87ap, 88ahr, 111mhr, 6.19mi= 641c
    Strava app = 758c
    Walk to dog groomer n back- 10.45min, .58mi= 61c
    Strava app= 72c
    Walk to dog groomer n back- 10.38min, .52mi= 66c
    Strava app= 64c

Total cal 768

Total miles 7.29miles
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    cooked two large filets of salmon yesterday- Safeway has it on sale for $4.88 a pound this week. One we got was regularly $66 and we got it for $18.50. The other was almost as big. We all enjoyed it EXCEPT- MIL. Of course, because I cooked it, she wouldn't even try it. Have extra so dropping some off with my friend along with some of the corned beef I cooked yesterday for tonight. It is maddening about MIL because I know she really likes salmon. On Thanksgiving we were at our friends(ones I am sharing with) and we had salmon, took some to MIL and she insisted on giving them a gift card and cash as a thank you to the tune of almost $50. But now when I cook it, she won't even try it.
    Dh is going to be gone for the weekend so I get MIL duty. I will only be going in the afternoon's. She can do her own breakfasts like she should have been doing for the past 5 months instead of dh going over every morning and night. He told me not to say anything if she doesn't eat what I take. I told him I will not walk in with an attitude but won't sit and take hers. He is worried about her giving his a hard time when he gets back if I do say anything. I am tired of her being allowed to get away with this, just to make it easier on HIM. She told him she wants me to just cook tv dinners for her. She would rather eat that than a home cooked meal. What ever. I will go, warm up her dinner, give her her pills and feed the dog and then I am done. She can wash her own few dishes. He does the dishes there but not one here at home.

Safeway has whole roasted chickens for $5 today for $5 Friday. Got two, already boned them out, made some chicken salad for tomorrow or Sunday. Plenty of left overs for the whole weekend for son,his girlfriend and I.
    Have a few things I want to get done- a little decluttering, put winter decorations away and get spring ones out. Ezie said winter is over so put the snowflakes away.
    Also need to clean out the fridges and maybe part of the big freezer.

Church on Sunday.
    No other plans except HOPEFULLY sleep in a little bit each day.

Weather should be nice again tomorrow- 66 for a high today. Only 25% chance of rain tomorrow.
    Rain Sunday again.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

$66 is a lot for salmon! - is it Wild Alaskan Sockeye salmon?
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    cooked two large filets of salmon yesterday- Safeway has it on sale for $4.88 a pound this week. One we got was regularly $66 and we got it for $18.50. The other was almost as big. We all enjoyed it EXCEPT- MIL. Of course, because I cooked it, she wouldn't even try it. Have extra so dropping some off with my friend along with some of the corned beef I cooked yesterday for tonight. It is maddening about MIL because I know she really likes salmon. On Thanksgiving we were at our friends(ones I am sharing with) and we had salmon, took some to MIL and she insisted on giving them a gift card and cash as a thank you to the tune of almost $50. But now when I cook it, she won't even try it.
    Dh is going to be gone for the weekend so I get MIL duty. I will only be going in the afternoon's. She can do her own breakfasts like she should have been doing for the past 5 months instead of dh going over every morning and night. He told me not to say anything if she doesn't eat what I take. I told him I will not walk in with an attitude but won't sit and take hers. He is worried about her giving his a hard time when he gets back if I do say anything. I am tired of her being allowed to get away with this, just to make it easier on HIM. She told him she wants me to just cook tv dinners for her. She would rather eat that than a home cooked meal. What ever. I will go, warm up her dinner, give her her pills and feed the dog and then I am done. She can wash her own few dishes. He does the dishes there but not one here at home.

Safeway has whole roasted chickens for $5 today for $5 Friday. Got two, already boned them out, made some chicken salad for tomorrow or Sunday. Plenty of left overs for the whole weekend for son,his girlfriend and I.
    Have a few things I want to get done- a little decluttering, put winter decorations away and get spring ones out. Ezie said winter is over so put the snowflakes away.
    Also need to clean out the fridges and maybe part of the big freezer.

Church on Sunday.
    No other plans except HOPEFULLY sleep in a little bit each day.

Weather should be nice again tomorrow- 66 for a high today. Only 25% chance of rain tomorrow.
    Rain Sunday again.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

$66 is a lot for salmon! - is it Wild Alaskan Sockeye salmon?

no.
    That is what they charge when it isn't on sale. No way we would buy any at that price, but at $4.88 a pound we did enjoy it and will tomorrow too. Usually around here, the sale price for this is about $8-9 a pound now.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Rebecca sounds like a great appointment and a good match. So glad you found a good therapist!

Today I ate 1203 calories, for a deficit of 383. Yay! I did twenty minutes on the bike, plus yoga, plus aerobic walking. Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I'm glad you're seeing someone you feel can help. I think a lot of you, my friend, but haven't wanted to tug on your shirt while you're having a rough time. Glad to see you post.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I'm glad you're seeing someone you feel can help. I think a lot of you, my friend, but haven't wanted to tug on your shirt while you're having a rough time. Glad to see you post.

Ditto.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Chicken stuff:
    I was busy all day working in the yard and getting ready for the little chicken coop. For now I'm tucking it next to the shop under the porch overhang. It will be a little crowded for 4 hens when they mature but for several months they'll be fine. The plan is to move the coop into the cleaned out garden area this summer and enclose it with a large fence (covered dog kennel?) so they have room to peck and scratch in the dirt.

I'll order the coop from Tractor Supply tomorrow and it will be shipped to me in a kit, which is perfect. I can make any modifications I need before everything gets screwed together.

They told me I must buy 4 chicks. I had 4 great aunts: Almy, Gladys, Fairy, and Thelma, so they are already named. Fairy will be the sweet one. Thelma will be the crank and peck everyone and push them away from the feed, lol. Gladys liked a martini and wild dancing with boys. :D Not sure how she'll manage that one. Almy was shy. So we'll see how they line up. :p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Looking forward to hearing the tale of 4 chickens. :)

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Went for a walk, had dinner then saw a launch of a SpaceX. Boy, a lot of them are going up. Since we’ve been here, I think I’ve seen something like 4 launches. Then worked on Jess’ picture

Rori – get better fast.

Started the cleaning. Took the cushions out of the porch. Made the bed in the spare room and put the cushions on top Also cleaned the microwave, the refrigerator (not the inside, just outside), the mirrors and one of the sliding glass doors

Katla – you don’t want to give me worry lines, so check in. Missing you.

Michele who probably took her last swim since they’re calling for rain Sat and Sun
  • Machka9
    Options
    myvt9v4crh wrote: »
    Log out
    Machka, I gave it a try and will wait for my new computer if necessary. I appreciate your help very much. Thanks. Hopefully things will get better.

Katla49

I think Katla is waiting for her computer.

One of her issues is that she has not written down her passwords for either myvt9v4crh or Katla49 so if she did manage to log out, she might not be able to log back in.

She could use the I forgot my password link to create a new password, but I imagine that requires an email address and I don't know if she would be set up with that on her phone.

Katla, if you're trying and you're frustrated, maybe give Pip another call.

Machka in Oz
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Log out
    Machka, I gave it a try and will wait for my new computer if necessary. I appreciate your help very much. Thanks. Hopefully things will get better.

Katla49

One of her issues is that she has not written down her passwords for either myvt9v4crh or Katla49 so if she did manage to log out, she might not be able to log back in.

She could use the I forgot my password link to create a new password, but I imagine that requires an email address and I don't know if she would be set up with that on her phone.

Machka in Oz

I'm worried that it's been so long since she used her computer that the password will no longer be saved there.

I need to stop worrying, but Katla has been a part of this group for a very long time, and I am sad that she feels abandoned or that she feels that MFP has done something nefarious.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Machka9
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Log out

Katla49

Machka in Oz

I'm worried that it's been so long since she used her computer that the password will no longer be saved there.

I need to stop worrying, but Katla has been a part of this group for a very long time, and I am sad that she feels abandoned or that she feels that MFP has done something nefarious.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

From the sounds of it, they're planning to set her up with a new computer. Her older computer was probably quite old. So no, it's unlikely her password will be saved.

In fact, based on the timing of all this ...
    1. Her son goes to the west coast to get her stuff.
    2. She's mysteriously logged out of MFP.

I'm kind of thinking that when she and her husband moved to Illinois (or wherever they are now), she left her computer on and logged into MFP, and her phone was syncing with that.

Then, when her son went to get her stuff, he shut down the computer and unplugged it, etc. to pack it. It's just possible when he did that, he broke the connection and Katla was logged out.

She doesn't remember her Katla49 password because she stayed logged in, with her computer on all the time. It's probably been years since she used the password.

I'm figuring her computer system must be old because my computer will restart periodically to apply updates. Hers may be old enough it doesn't do that.

If they set her up with a new computer, I am hoping that they will sit down with her and help her log in as Katla49 again, with a new password. I am hoping they will ask the right questions, like what did you visit online? Is there anything you would like us to set up for you?

Unfortunately, I'm not confident that she will know what to ask for. Or if she does know what to ask for, she may feel embarrassed to ask for help. So I'm hoping they will be very patient with her.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

<3