WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    <3

Hi, Karen. Praying that your wife begins improving now that you all have more information and a plan.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3

Hi, Karen. Praying that your wife begins improving now that you all have more information and a plan.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Thank you Flea, that means a lot to me. xoxo
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    I am doing this Happiness calendar for March. Feel free to copy or simply use it if you’d like!

March, 2023 Action for happiness.org
    RVRita
    1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.

Sky, sand and ocean
    15jmjq5nsagk.png

3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive.

Yesterday's 54 km bicycle ride and 5 km walk on the beach ...

4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words.

19nper8umeoo.png

5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them.

:heart:

6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels.

The only plans we had yesterday was a stroll through a neighbouring arty town to look at the shops.

7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.

I do box breathing at some point just about every day.

8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food.
    :)

9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others.
    Many times.

10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.

Afternoon walk ...

gk9c2ciwlcx2.png

11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee.

Not so much today. But usually. :)

12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying.

Haven't talked to anyone other than husband today.

13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today.

Love watching the sky. :) Our house is especially well located for that, and at certain times of year, we get fantastic sunsets!

jomkq0tqutyd.png
    05wmx6w4ig4u.png
    7vc4lxr8ihsj.png

14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.

Laundry! I don't mind doing laundry. :)

15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.

That's about all I can do today. I haven't done anything which requires effort.

I looked up the vaccine I had yesterday. Boostrix: diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (whooping cough). I am set for 10 years!

But headache, tiredness, body aches, sore joints and nausea are common side effects ... which I am experiencing.

My doctor also informed me that the antibiotic "cocktail" I've been prescribed will make me feel ill and give me a horrible taste in my mouth. But it is only for 5 days and should do the trick.

16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.

I've been colouring these days because I'm not allowed to do much more. Fortunately, I enjoy colouring. :)

I've also been putting away laundry and rearranging a closet.

17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.

The place is slightly neater and cleaner than usual. That's both unusual and pleasant. February was major house-cleaning month, then we went on holidays so the place is still clean.

I'm at home, surrounded by things I like.

There are photos I have taken recently showing on my second computer screen.

18. Have a 'no plans' day and notice how that feels or If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.

Today, I casually worked my way through part of the garden, catching up on some of the weeding.
    And we went for a short 10 km bicycle ride.
    And I've been colouring. :)

20. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    21. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.
    22. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.
    23. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.
    24. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.
    25. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    26. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    27. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.
    28. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.
    29. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    30. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    31. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    32. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.

Machka in Oz

y789vby0sgmj.png
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 314 Member
    Hello all, love to you all.
    Grey drizzly day here and a planless day. Just housework and probably some reading art and crochet. Lost 1kg or 2.2lb I'm bothered my scales do not change how to weigh. Happy with that. I've gone dairy free as I've discovered I'm intollerent to it, no suprise it's common in my family.
    Out for mother's Day lunch tomorrow, I'm going to as clean as possible. Current favourite breakfast is overnight oats.
    Sending you all blessings and kindness.
    Laura Smarden UK.
  • KetoneKaren
    Machka,

This doesn’t look too too hard:

https://www.growingwildroots.com/tying-up-raspberries/
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,326 Member
    Rori-sorry to hear you have another bout of Covid. Hope they are able to give you something, I think most stuff is recommended within just a few days of symptoms-let us know what they give you so we have it for future reference! Hope this weekend sees you improving.

Allie-that is a sweet picture of the siblings.

Heather-I love the zoo pictures. I may check and see if such an adventure is available at zoo near my grandchildren. Thanks for the retirement encouragement.

Karen-I agree with you-I plan on not being bored in retirement. Will wait on the medical stuff next week, but am seriously thinking late summer. I have a couple of more physical things I want done with house before I sell. I have some driveway work scheduled for this spring, I am going to get vinyl plank put on basement floor (where bar had been there is no tile and the tile there, I believe, is asbestos so getting it level and covered), a bit of work on downstairs bath). And, of course, the last major push for purging!

I share concern for Katla-I'm sure her family can help. It looks like both of her profiles have been switched to private. I'm glad she is at a facility with some supervision and close to her husband.

Somehow yesterday I picked up a sore shoulder. Not from exercise. My best guess is somehow I was sitting at computer. Worked from home yesterday and my home set up isn't quite as ergonomic as work office. Very sore at top of left arm front (so not on top of shoulder). Suspecting bursa or a bit of tendon irritation. Can move it. Going to use ice and heat today and ibuprofen and see if inflammation subsides. I figure doing movement with standard clean up will help keep it loose. When I had herniated cervical discs they rested on nerve so left side was painful-I hope those old fusions are still in place!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka,

That might work, but ours are in pots, not in rows.

Kind of like this image.
    • There's a fence on the left between our place and our neighbours.
    • There's a row of 4 pots beside the fence and the raspberries (leaves, vines) have made their way up and over the fence and everywhere.
    • Then there's a narrow boardwalk that I can just barely step on because the raspberries are all over that.
    • And then there are another 4 pots with raspberries all intertwined everywhere

7gt87mujxu12.jpg

I can move the pots further apart and make the path between them wider. That would help.

Then I have to think about how to run wires or whatever.

Machka in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    edited March 2023
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka,

Kind of like this image.
    • There's a row of 4 pots beside the fence and the raspberries (leaves, vines) have made their way up and over the fence and everywhere.
    • Then there's a narrow boardwalk that I can just barely step on because the raspberries are all over that.

7gt87mujxu12.jpg

I can move the pots further apart and make the path between them wider. That would help.

Machka in Oz

You have a green thumb for raspberries. I am envious, although dealing with the pickers would be onerous. I adore raspberries - my very favoritist berry.

An arbor over your walkway would work but would be pricey.

wkgsu5nc70jt.jpeg
  • Machka9
    edited March 2023
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka,

Kind of like this image.

7gt87mujxu12.jpg

Machka in Oz

You have a green thumb for raspberries. I am envious, although dealing with the pickers would be onerous. I adore raspberries - my very favoritist berry.

An arbor over your walkway would work but would be pricey.

Thank you, but so far all I have are vines and leaves ... and the prickly bits. We've not been able to produce raspberries yet! I've got to figure out what's wrong.

I love them too ... I just wish they'd produce a crop!

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Katla we all miss you!

Laura welcome! I also avoid dairy, and I also eat overnight oats. I put protein powder in mine and cinnamon and almond milk and blueberries. Very tasty and filling.

Karen I'm sorry that your plans have eluded you.

Machka you are doing great things with the garden you have. Raspberries sound delicious!

Ginny hope your shoulder feels better soon. Sounds like you are excited about retirement!

It's Saturday with nothing much on the agenda. Maybe trimming dog toenails. And I ought to dye my roots sooner or later. Since I stopped dating, I have let that slide.

Annie in Delaware
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,354 Member
    Karen - What I think is most wonderful is that through these last few years, where the heaviest of the burdens have all landed in your lap, you have persevered in continuing to find an answer for your wife. My best friend felt as if she got her mother back after a number of medication reviews found that she was being overprescribed and that drug interactions between different doctors' prescriptions were making her sicker. Hoping for you both.

Rori - I hope your bout with the ro-ro lets loose of you soon. Corey's still got remnants after three weeks, and has been most frustrated with his sense of smell and taste. He brews his own beer, and his sense of smell has been shot, bless him. So he brings one to me (I do not like beer even a little, Sam I Am), and gets my description of the scent, which is not the same at all. Very frustrating for him.

Rebecca - It's so good to see you describing food again, dear heart. You'll find your way through the cholesterol maze, I have faith in you.

Evie - Sounds like you have a plan for the grands, hope you all enjoy yourselves!

Heather - You're a good friend.

Regarding Katla - I hope she's been able to read that we do miss her and think of her. If you're reading these posts, dear heart, we think of you often. The last year's progression through all of this has been heartbreaking, and I hope her son and daughter are able to help her regain what she has with us. Communication with the people you love is so important.

Welcome to Laura in the UK, @audreysoverhere , and anyone else who's new!

Frosty outside, sending Corey out for groceries once he's up and about and planning to enjoy my lazy Saturday. Or write. It will be one of those. :smiley:

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR