Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I hate the word "delicious." It sounds so stupid to me. Especially when a guy says it.

I also hate when people say (or type) nom nom nom to indicate that something is delicious.

I have no idea why these things bother me.........

Lol we all have those weird things that bother us. I can't think of any off the top of my head but I will confess that I think the word delicious is kinda sexy.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Someone here at work (a manager) just said to me "can I aks you a few questions?". Ugh.
  • selena_teresa
    selena_teresa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: The guys from Supernatural are going to be in my state, about 6 hours away from me this weekend and I really really want to drive over to see them. Sometimes, younger girls try to make me feel weird for liking those guys, but then I have to say - hey, those guys are MY age!

I am OBSESSED with Supernatural. I didn't get into until last year (I kick myself for waiting so long to watch it). I am determined to get to a convention at some point. There is one in Vancouver in August, but my cousin is getting married that weekend. I promised I'd be at the wedding, but part of me really really wants to skip out on it and go be a silly fangirl :)

ETA: I find I weirder when younger people are so into it. I'm like "you were 9 when it started, you wouldn't have gotten half the jokes!"[/quote]

Totally. Im like "Crowley could be your dad!" haha

MMmmmm Crowley is my favourite. He is in lots of my fave shows though including Firefly and BSG. They came to Toronto and his meet/greet was so much cheaper then the boys and I wish I was free to go. I will absolutely go next time.
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'll never understand people who say that they are not hungry for dessert.

I like you.
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    There's a new muscle vs fat thread, and a certain user there makes my blood boil. If I ever see that user in public, I'd stare at him or her very angrily.

Muscle vs Fat

^^^ and that is how you link to a thread when you reference one, so everyone can see the train wreck unfold.

No...just no. I only read the OP's comment and no. Thank you for sharing. I'm going to get my popcorn right now.

Ok Now I am interested. I will save it for after the gym though or I will be consumed like I was with the Gym Peeves one.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    breezy0906 wrote: »
    I almost had a nervous breakdown wheeling my shopping cart past the bakery at my grocery store last night. I just wanted a cookie. LOL

I avoid Wegmans for that reason. Their bakery section is awesome. On week ends they used to make craquelin brioche, which is so delicious, but now I avoid going those days for that reason... because I WILL buy it if it's there (been craving it like crazy too).

Another confession... I'm thinking or talking about food all the time. I like knowing what I'm going to eat later... Food is just the thing that can make my whole day better (or worse if I end up ordering something that wasn't good or worth the calories). Heck we're going in vacations in July and I already looked up restaurants near the hotel. I'm totally hopeless.

I'm going on vacation in June and I've already done the same thing. My sister and I are going to an island so there are only *so* many choices. I want to make each meal count.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: The guys from Supernatural are going to be in my state, about 6 hours away from me this weekend and I really really want to drive over to see them. Sometimes, younger girls try to make me feel weird for liking those guys, but then I have to say - hey, those guys are MY age!

I am OBSESSED with Supernatural. I didn't get into until last year (I kick myself for waiting so long to watch it). I am determined to get to a convention at some point. There is one in Vancouver in August, but my cousin is getting married that weekend. I promised I'd be at the wedding, but part of me really really wants to skip out on it and go be a silly fangirl :)

ETA: I find I weirder when younger people are so into it. I'm like "you were 9 when it started, you wouldn't have gotten half the jokes!"[/quote]

Totally. Im like "Crowley could be your dad!" haha

MMmmmm Crowley is my favourite. He is in lots of my fave shows though including Firefly and BSG. They came to Toronto and his meet/greet was so much cheaper then the boys and I wish I was free to go. I will absolutely go next time.

I actually find Crowley pretty sexy as well. I just looked it up, and Mark Sheppard was born the same year as my dad. So, he could be my dad too I guess lol.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I'll never understand people who say that they are not hungry for dessert.

The husband and I have been known to order 3 desserts to share between us. Some restaurants really do have small portions

• selena_teresa
    Options
    rotterholt wrote: »
    Confession: Today is day 8 of a 30-day "Reboot with Joe", which means today is my first weigh-in day. I'm down 11.2 pounds. While I'm sure that half of that is water weight, I'm still relieved that I saw a huge loss because I modified the juicing a little to fit my workouts (protein shake after my weight-training days, avacado on my cardio days). I look forward to those avacados. :)

Confession 2: If you asked me personally, I would tell you that it's not worth it. I feel like I'm so far down in it that I've committed myself. But I miss food. I miss coffee. I stopped dreaming about cheeseburgers and grilled chicken after I added protein shakes, but it's still a daily struggle. 22 days.

I worry that it is too severe and you are setting yourself up for failure. If it's just a hurdle and you are almost over it, then all the power to you but a week in and it's this stressful? *hugs*
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    There's a new muscle vs fat thread, and a certain user there makes my blood boil. If I ever see that user in public, I'd stare at him or her very angrily.

Muscle vs Fat

^^^ and that is how you link to a thread when you reference one, so everyone can see the train wreck unfold.

No...just no. I only read the OP's comment and no. Thank you for sharing. I'm going to get my popcorn right now.

Ok Now I am interested. I will save it for after the gym though or I will be consumed like I was with the Gym Peeves one.

I'll confess that thread made me late getting to the gym. Lol
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Muscle vs Fat

I refuse to even read that thread.

Confession: I'm going in!

I also "went in" and I think my favorite post was "ugh!". My thoughts exactly!
  • selena_teresa
    Options
    Confession: Today is day 8 of a 30-day "Reboot with Joe", which means today is my first weigh-in day. I'm down 11.2 pounds. While I'm sure that half of that is water weight, I'm still relieved that I saw a huge loss because I modified the juicing a little to fit my workouts (protein shake after my weight-training days, avacado on my cardio days). I look forward to those avacados. :)

Confession 2: If you asked me personally, I would tell you that it's not worth it. I feel like I'm so far down in it that I've committed myself. But I miss food. I miss coffee. I stopped dreaming about cheeseburgers and grilled chicken after I added protein shakes, but it's still a daily struggle. 22 days.

But... why?
    joflo723 wrote: »
    I went to the gym last night for Zumba and got there about 5 min early. I figured, hey, while I'm waiting, I could warm up for 5 min on the treadmill. Then I was like, Nah, F-it...I don't feel like wiping down the machine for a measly 5 min.
    <---lazy

I wouldn't even bother wiping after 5 minutes. I only wipe if I actually sweat (which is pretty much after 10 minutes).

THANK YOU. So many posts about wiping before and after and such. I am not one who sweats other then the pits/groin so I wipe it mostly so I don't get shunned by the other people. I bring a towel to sit on for weights but cardio machines doesn't seem like a big deal for me. I always wash my hands after a workout so what's the biggie if I don't wipe after a 5 min warmup?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Someone here at work (a manager) just said to me "can I aks you a few questions?". Ugh.

I have to coach people on why that's not an acceptable way to speak on the phone to customers. Or, at least, I used to. Now I have to coach people on how to coach that. If you think it's tough hearing it, you should try correcting it.
  • skinnychick33
    skinnychick33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)

When ever someone calls me 'honey' and I don't like it, I can them 'sweet pants' or 'honey bunch' - they usually get the hint pretty quickly.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    A teacher I had a couple years ago and wasn't super close to called me "honey" today. He's done it multiple times in the past and it feels so condescending. No no no no no. My mother is the only human in the world who is allowed to call me that. I'm 80% sure I actually started exhaling smoke.

This is funny because most people think I'm a very sweet, shy person when in reality I am a fiery inferno of rage held together loosely with caffeine and death metal.

Oh, that's a great description! This exactly describes my youngest son as well. I may have to steal this from you! (and I'd try to put a stop to the "honey" business; that IS condescending)

When ever someone calls me 'honey' and I don't like it, I can them 'sweet pants' or 'honey bunch' - they usually get the hint pretty quickly.

Oooh, nice! I like that. Great idea!
  • rinteusp
    rinteusp Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I worry that it is too severe and you are setting yourself up for failure. If it's just a hurdle and you are almost over it, then all the power to you but a week in and it's this stressful? *hugs*

It's a personal challenge, and it's a difficult one. But I feel fine (truly). Breaking that food addiction and resetting my tastes a little are the major motivation - the quick weight loss really isn't. I'm all too aware that that water weight will come back, etc. And if it makes anyone feel better, I am being Dr. supervised :)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm not a violent person and would never hit someone out of anger, but when I'm doing a workout with lots of punching/kicking and I'm getting tired, I imagine I'm punching my stupid ex in his stupid face, and that helps me push through the workout.

(also, when I originally typed this I accidentally put "hit someone out of hunger". That might actually happen)
  • leyanaley269
    leyanaley269 Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Options
    AllTheNoms wrote: »
    I used to make butter sandwiches. Butter? Good. Bread? Good.

It really is a wonder how I ended up overweight.

I used to put butter on bread and then a mound of parmesan cheese and toast it in the toaster oven. Yum. Especially good on english muffins.

You really shouldn't be giving me ideas. I am not creative enough to come up with this stuff on my own.

• leyanaley269
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I had planned and prelogged pasta e fagioli for dinner, but wound up having two glasses of wine instead. But I can't log my dinner as wine, because it's embarrassing, so I logged it under snacks. I'm working with a limited calorie budget here, sacrifices have to be made. ;)

Yes, sacrifices, exactly. *claps*

• selena_teresa
    Options

It's a personal challenge, and it's a difficult one. But I feel fine (truly). Breaking that food addiction and resetting my tastes a little are the major motivation - the quick weight loss really isn't. I'm all too aware that that water weight will come back, etc. And if it makes anyone feel better, I am being Dr. supervised :)

Glad to hear. I was more worried about the mental aspect of the challenge. I have no willpower though so although I pick better things to eat I would be unable to go without grilled chicken or food that I can chew in general. I like chewing! I like my protein shake but I couldn't drink all my meals. I hope this helps you and PM if you ever want to chat to distract from wanting food.