Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @HollandOats - I do tartar sauce on my fries, and that's basically just mayo with pickles and extra salt. And I use a 1:1 ratio of tartar to fry. Restaurants always look at me crazy but it's super delicious.

I much prefer tartar sauce on my fries! YUM!

I put ranch on my fries, and on pizza, cheeseburgers...never on salads. I use Italian dressing on salads, or sometimes zero dressing and just eat the vegetables.

Whenever I'm overseas (so not at home in Germany) people always look at me when I put mayo on my fries. Here, almost everybody does that. When you order 'fries red/white' you get it with mayo and ketchup. When I was younger there was one brand that sold mayo and ketchup together in one bottle, swirled the way multi-colored toothpaste is.

That sounds delish.

I like mayo with Belgian fries and they do that at a few restaurants here. TBH I'm not a big ketchup person. They say like 98% of American homes have ketchup, but I'm not one of them. Ranch, Just Mayo, BBQ Sauce and Sriracha. That's all I need.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tomorrow I will be in training all day. This makes me sad for 3 reasons.

1. I have no idea what we'll be served for lunch so I can't log it accurately.
    2. I won't be able to be on here at all.
    3. Since I do my HIIT at my office, I'll be missing tomorrow's workout.

I am, however, looking forward to being out of the office for the day and getting paid for it, also...FREE LUNCH!!! B)

Cute Avatar
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @HollandOats - I do tartar sauce on my fries, and that's basically just mayo with pickles and extra salt. And I use a 1:1 ratio of tartar to fry. Restaurants always look at me crazy but it's super delicious.

I much prefer tartar sauce on my fries! YUM!

I put ranch on my fries, and on pizza, cheeseburgers...never on salads. I use Italian dressing on salads, or sometimes zero dressing and just eat the vegetables.

Whenever I'm overseas (so not at home in Germany) people always look at me when I put mayo on my fries. Here, almost everybody does that. When you order 'fries red/white' you get it with mayo and ketchup. When I was younger there was one brand that sold mayo and ketchup together in one bottle, swirled the way multi-colored toothpaste is.

My daughter LOVES mayo on her fries. Especially when we go to Chick-Fil-A. I am a ranch, honey mustard (not yellow mustard), or ketchup person. In high school, I used to dip my McDonald's fries in honey. It was SO good! Now, on the rare occasion we eat there, I opt for their sweet & sour sauce. :)

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I love dipping my steak in ranch dressing :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tomorrow I will be in training all day. This makes me sad for 3 reasons.

1. I have no idea what we'll be served for lunch so I can't log it accurately.
    2. I won't be able to be on here at all.
    3. Since I do my HIIT at my office, I'll be missing tomorrow's workout.

I am, however, looking forward to being out of the office for the day and getting paid for it, also...FREE LUNCH!!! B)

Cute Avatar

Thanks! It is pretty much my personality. I DON'T SHARE CAKE!

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I will use the same k-cup 2-3 times. lol

Worst confession I've read here, ewwwwwww. I loathe weak coffee...I'm the one who likes the cup from the bottom of the french press that's practically strong enough to stand up on its own.

But that leads to a confession that I do put a splash of cold water in my super-strong coffee to cool it down for maximum immediate gulbability, and that grosses most people out too.

I am such a wuss with hot foods/drinks so sometimes if I want to drink my tea sooner I will add in an ice cube or two. Otherwise I have to wait like 15 minutes to be able to sip it.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

But that leads to a confession that I do put a splash of cold water in my super-strong coffee to cool it down for maximum immediate gulbability, and that grosses most people out too.

I make coffee ice cubes so I can drink it immediately, without the sad dilution side effect!

oh my goodness, I need to start doing this with my tea immediately!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Using MFP made me realize (though I already knew) that I was eating mayonnaise on something EVERY DAY. I do love mayonnaise, but at 90 calories a tbsp, my love was becoming a roadblock... I can't even keep it moderate, because I like LOTS of mayo... like, I put mayo on both pieces of bread before I even put my chicken salad (made with mayo) on...

So, alas.. I've mostly cut mayo out altogether, saving it for when I have my cheeseburger every other week or so... And I've taken a shine to mashing and spreading half an avocado onto my sandwiches instead. Sure, it has more calories in the quantity I use it, but it's more satiating and actually nutritious... and the consistency is just right for getting my "fatty creamy topping" fix.

And on cheeseburger day, when they bring me a little cup with at least two tbsp of the white stuff in it for my burger, I totally reserve some so I can dip my fries in it, too. Did I mention I love mayo?

I love mayo too! Sometimes when I'm making sandwiches for the family, I will take a piece of bread spread a thick layer of mayo on it and eat that while I'm making sandwiches. Mayo on fries! Yum!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I still beat myself up regularly for all the ways I feel like I've failed my children. Whenever they have an issue or a problem I immediately think about what I could've done differently or should have not done or said, but they DO know I love them and I'm their biggest fan in spite of my faults and shortcomings. I cannot comprehend the way some parents treat their own children. That's where my ranting about "don't have kids unless you really want to!" comes to play. Some people are not meant to be parents, but they don't think it out ahead of time.

Agreed 100%. Again I work in child support so daily I deal with people who definitely should never ever procreate BUUUUUT they do. It's sad honestly.

Oh, I know. Bless you! I know someone here that works in child support and how you get through every day and not kill someone is beyond me!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that is a nasty illness. Way earlier in the thread we were talking about serial killers and I said I knew a girl that was attacked by the local one we had. It was a savage attack and she was in the hospital for weeks and weeks, and neither of her parents visited her even once, because they were both just drunk all the time.....to make matters worse, her mother was a nasty drunk and when she was finally able to go home, her mother would get drunk and yell nasty stuff at her about hoping she caught AIDS from the rape and stuff. It was pretty tragic.....
    That's horrible! But I can totally relate.

Had something similar happen (to a much lesser degree!) when I was 16 and had to have emergency surgery... as in, saw the doctor at 4 PM and surgery booked for 11 PM that night... my parents brought me to the hospital, provided the insurance info, and left. They told the nurse to call and let them know how my surgery turned out. Their excuse was "We have to get up for work in the morning" but it was really all about not missing any drinking that evening.

I was sexually assaulted by an older male coworker when I was 17 and didn't tell my parents, for fear of hearing negative and unsupportive comments.

I can relate to that because my mother did that to me! I was about 13 and was vomiting all day and in a lot of pain. A friend had slept over the night before, and by morning when she was leaving I headed over to the ER. My mother checked me in, and then left. I spent hours and hours in an ER room, puking my brains out and passing out over and over. The surgeon said I needed my appendix out, but they could not find my parents to sign the surgery consent. This was the mid 80's so before cell phones etc. My friend that had slept over stopped in with her mom that evening because they had been calling the house and could not get anyone so they came to the ER to see if I was still there. I vaguely remember seeing them between passing out. My friend's mother lost her mind when she realized I was there alone and that they hospital could not find my parents. She actually went out and hunted them down on her own. They were out at a restaurant having dinner. My father had come home from work, and my mother did not even tell him I was at the hospital or anything. I remember the DR reaming her out, and her excuse was that she was diabetic and needed dinner. REALLY? Grab a sandwich, wtf. Not only that, but she was gone for hours and hours before that.

Because they had to wait so long, my appendix burst while they were taking it out, I ended up in hospital for three weeks with a nasty infection and my scar is HUGE! My mother was a complete asshat. That is one of the lesser things she did to me......

My mom is cut from the same cloth. I won't add to the sad stories here. I figured it out pretty early and I wanted to move out by age 9.

I have very firm boundaries with her and I work very hard to be there for my kids and I still worry that I am not doing it right but there is a lot of love, support, and communication.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

Congrats!!!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Heehee, thanks, we tend to think that when listening to the complaints of our monogamous friends but all relationships take work, friends family, partners but we tend to take them all for granted :(

Exactly! Which is why I'm sitting here thinking you may actually be a few steps ahead in being so conscious and deliberate about those aspects of your relationship, whereas the rest of us in more traditional partnerships just sit back and think it will all magically work out because "we're in luuuurve", at least when we're younger. (Coming from someone who got married at the age of 20, because I thought I knew it all)

My university has us go through a class on the psychology of relationships for that reason. It's pretty smart, since it's a freshman-level but required class. Manages to reach most of the students and get them to think about what their boundaries are, what their relationship style is (and which ones to avoid) and how secure they are in themselves. They definitely go over the fact that love doesn't pay the bills and that love isn't what keeps a marriage together.

Wow - that's awesome. People hesitate to actually come out and say this, but it is true. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication and equal compromise. It's hard to believe that at this point in time that so many people believe that falling in love is the "end point". The "happily ever after". No, that's just the beginning.

Falling in love is like weight loss. Keeping it going is maintenance. :D

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I will use the same k-cup 2-3 times. lol

Worst confession I've read here, ewwwwwww. I loathe weak coffee...I'm the one who likes the cup from the bottom of the french press that's practically strong enough to stand up on its own.

I thought I was the only person who did this! I can down a 16 oz. coffee in under 5 minutes...it is the fastest way to get the caffeine in, without actually injecting it!

I make really strong coffee and drop 1 ice cube per 8oz in it, so I can drink it faster, lol.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Heehee, thanks, we tend to think that when listening to the complaints of our monogamous friends but all relationships take work, friends family, partners but we tend to take them all for granted :(

Exactly! Which is why I'm sitting here thinking you may actually be a few steps ahead in being so conscious and deliberate about those aspects of your relationship, whereas the rest of us in more traditional partnerships just sit back and think it will all magically work out because "we're in luuuurve", at least when we're younger. (Coming from someone who got married at the age of 20, because I thought I knew it all)

My university has us go through a class on the psychology of relationships for that reason. It's pretty smart, since it's a freshman-level but required class. Manages to reach most of the students and get them to think about what their boundaries are, what their relationship style is (and which ones to avoid) and how secure they are in themselves. They definitely go over the fact that love doesn't pay the bills and that love isn't what keeps a marriage together.

Wow - that's awesome. People hesitate to actually come out and say this, but it is true. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication and equal compromise. It's hard to believe that at this point in time that so many people believe that falling in love is the "end point". The "happily ever after". No, that's just the beginning.

Lol I love this. So true...

I also love mayo on French fries!
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Today at work one of the other girls didn't lock the bathroom stall she was in and I accidently walked in on her. Then she went around telling everyone about it and I was like 'are we in fifth grade'.

On a kind of related note, nothing feels real to me so nothing really upsets me except for feeling fat or bloated. But the good thing is I FINALLY don't feel sick like I did from Thursday to yesterday.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love my foods with relish or honey mustard or maple syrup if it's meaty

Tartar sauce sounds pretty interesting.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options

So true!
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I get anxious way too easily. I am not sure if I have to work tomorrow or not. I told my best friend I do but I wrote down that I don't. The thought of not knowing is driving me nuts because it means I have to get up early, drive into the city and call while on my way there to find out because nobody will be there before I have to leave. I am so mad at myself for not just taking a picture of the schedule but writing it down on a napkin while I was on the go. Plus calling somebody and speaking on the phone is one of the worst things for me.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I play with my dingy sometimes.

Typical man...