Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    dearmrsowl wrote: »
    I get anxious way too easily. I am not sure if I have to work tomorrow or not. I told my best friend I do but I wrote down that I don't. The thought of not knowing is driving me nuts because it means I have to get up early, drive into the city and call while on my way there to find out because nobody will be there before I have to leave. I am so mad at myself for not just taking a picture of the schedule but writing it down on a napkin while I was on the go. Plus calling somebody and speaking on the phone is one of the worst things for me.

Anxiety is the worst! *hugs* I get anxious to the point of not being able to sleep whenever anything changes in my schedule.

I really like your profile pic
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Today at work one of the other girls didn't lock the bathroom stall she was in and I accidently walked in on her. Then she went around telling everyone about it and I was like 'are we in fifth grade'.

On a kind of related note, nothing feels real to me so nothing really upsets me except for feeling fat or bloated. But the good thing is I FINALLY don't feel sick like I did from Thursday to yesterday.

Glad you're feeling better!

Sounds like your coworker needs some more excitement in her life if that's the most interesting thing she can find to talk about.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    I get anxious way too easily. I am not sure if I have to work tomorrow or not. I told my best friend I do but I wrote down that I don't. The thought of not knowing is driving me nuts because it means I have to get up early, drive into the city and call while on my way there to find out because nobody will be there before I have to leave. I am so mad at myself for not just taking a picture of the schedule but writing it down on a napkin while I was on the go. Plus calling somebody and speaking on the phone is one of the worst things for me.

Anxiety is the worst! *hugs* I get anxious to the point of not being able to sleep whenever anything changes in my schedule.

Thank you (:
    I just took something to help me sleep because I know that otherwise I'll still be up in a couple of hours. It's already 11:37pm here and I have to get up at 5:30.

• almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    Today at work one of the other girls didn't lock the bathroom stall she was in and I accidently walked in on her. Then she went around telling everyone about it and I was like 'are we in fifth grade'.

On a kind of related note, nothing feels real to me so nothing really upsets me except for feeling fat or bloated. But the good thing is I FINALLY don't feel sick like I did from Thursday to yesterday.

Glad you're feeling better!

Sounds like your coworker needs some more excitement in her life if that's the most interesting thing she can find to talk about.

Yeah I was just kind of like -_- cause I thought the issue was over after I apologized for it. Whatever though it wasn't that big of a deal. People sometimes haha. I think it's also cause she's super young and she works the cash register so she has too much time to talk.

Thank you (:
    I just took something to help me sleep because I know that otherwise I'll still be up in a couple of hours. It's already 11:37pm here and I have to get up at 5:30.

Sleep well. I hope everything works out with work tomorrow, try not to worry too much about it if you can. Sometimes I have to just keep telling myself that it'll all be over in twenty four hours (or however many hours). Maybe you could try to find something to say to yourself to remind yourself that everything will be okay. It doesn't always work but sometimes it helps.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    shannonbun wrote: »
    Heehee, thanks, we tend to think that when listening to the complaints of our monogamous friends but all relationships take work, friends family, partners but we tend to take them all for granted :(

Exactly! Which is why I'm sitting here thinking you may actually be a few steps ahead in being so conscious and deliberate about those aspects of your relationship, whereas the rest of us in more traditional partnerships just sit back and think it will all magically work out because "we're in luuuurve", at least when we're younger. (Coming from someone who got married at the age of 20, because I thought I knew it all)

My university has us go through a class on the psychology of relationships for that reason. It's pretty smart, since it's a freshman-level but required class. Manages to reach most of the students and get them to think about what their boundaries are, what their relationship style is (and which ones to avoid) and how secure they are in themselves. They definitely go over the fact that love doesn't pay the bills and that love isn't what keeps a marriage together.

Wow - that's awesome. People hesitate to actually come out and say this, but it is true. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication and equal compromise. It's hard to believe that at this point in time that so many people believe that falling in love is the "end point". The "happily ever after". No, that's just the beginning.

Falling in love is like weight loss. Keeping it going is maintenance. :D

Lol I love this. So true...

I also love mayo on French fries!

I was at a convention once, and a few people there from the Netherlands were shocked that you have to special order mayo for fries. They'd be happy to know more people are converting :p
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @HollandOats - I do tartar sauce on my fries, and that's basically just mayo with pickles and extra salt. And I use a 1:1 ratio of tartar to fry. Restaurants always look at me crazy but it's super delicious.

I much prefer tartar sauce on my fries! YUM!

I hate mayo, but I love aioli on my fries (also hate ketchup), and that's basically mayo+garlic. Garlic just makes everything better. I'll use tartar sauce sometimes when I have fish and chips, though (speaking of something I almost never have anymore and do miss).
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I remember kids at school ordering mayo and fries all the time.

This thread reminded me that sweet and sour sauce and pineapple plum sauce existed. Those are probably my favorite condiment to pair with fried foods.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

Good luck with everything will keep your dad in my prayers.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I love when people get into heated "discussions" on these forums, I just sit back and let them go at it and take away the parts I want. The peope I can't handle are the people who throw in their "bullying" comments (and add nothing useful to the discussion about the OP). It's NOT bullying!! People are allowed to disagree and if someone disagrees by calling names and throwing around immature comments then that's STILL NOT BULLYING-- it's just being a huge, immature, a**!!! Rant over :)

Edited for spelling.

Ok one more post before I go back to work. I think the back and forth is funny but then when it gets nasty I leave. I really don't like when it gets nasty. And I don't like when people go on the attack on someone (unless they truly are stupid... not judging). That is why I mostly stay on this thread or ones that are similar.

@pofoster21 I agree- when people start questioning intelligence and attacking personal weight gains/losses then I leave too. But typically up until that point I do like when it gets heated because saves me the time of researching both sides all by myself! I have other sources to compare what I've found to what others have found :) I do love this thread as it's always positive!

The only threads that make me want to pull out my hair are the ones that people post that cannot eat over 1,000 calories yet they have over a hundred pounds to lose. I've lost around 150 & the only times I couldn't eat over a 1,000 were when I had the stomach bug.
  • 23susu23
    23susu23 Posts: 68 Member
    Yeah, that is a nasty illness. Way earlier in the thread we were talking about serial killers and I said I knew a girl that was attacked by the local one we had. It was a savage attack and she was in the hospital for weeks and weeks, and neither of her parents visited her even once, because they were both just drunk all the time.....to make matters worse, her mother was a nasty drunk and when she was finally able to go home, her mother would get drunk and yell nasty stuff at her about hoping she caught AIDS from the rape and stuff. It was pretty tragic.....
    That's horrible! But I can totally relate.

Had something similar happen (to a much lesser degree!) when I was 16 and had to have emergency surgery... as in, saw the doctor at 4 PM and surgery booked for 11 PM that night... my parents brought me to the hospital, provided the insurance info, and left. They told the nurse to call and let them know how my surgery turned out. Their excuse was "We have to get up for work in the morning" but it was really all about not missing any drinking that evening.

I was sexually assaulted by an older male coworker when I was 17 and didn't tell my parents, for fear of hearing negative and unsupportive comments.

I would not say that my parents are uncaring...they would never make rude or hateful comments to me. But, I did learn a lot on how not to be a parent from them. I had my tonsils removed when I was six. My mom drove the 45 minutes to the hospital, stayed while they admitted me, did bloodwork, etc...then went home. She came and picked me up three days later. I do not remember a single time in my life where I was as scared as I was, waking up from that surgery and not knowing anyone.

I am so sorry for all of you who had parents that would leave you in the hospital like that! When my father, husband, son are in the hospital, I don't want to be anywhere else except with them there! I don't always spend the night but I just want to be there with them as much as I possibly can. I can't even imagine leaving a child there alone!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My confession is that i really really want to lose some weight and i know exactly what i need to do to do it but i can never find the motivation to get up and do it. I Just had a baby 2 mnts ago and im the biggest i have ever been in my whole life and i feel like im disgusting my husband(even though im not he tells me how much he loves my body all the time), SO im making a pledge to really do it this time, not only for myself but for my son so i can live a loooong time to see him grow

I initially read this as "2 minutes ago" and my first thought was, wow this gal's really motivated! Lol.

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to MFP... if you take a peek around the boards you'll find tons of posts from very ordinary folks (including new mums) who are successfully losing weight... so YOU CAN DO IT TOO.

Re Autocorrect: For some bizarre reason, every time I started to type "texting" in my phone, one of the suggestions autocorrect would come up with is "rectum". Seriously?? That's a word in common use in texting? (Anyway, the phone has since learned my text habits and no longer suggests that one.)

This type of thing happens to me all the time! I was texting my son that I left something on his "porch" and it changed it to "porcupine". Pretty sure "porch" is a much more common word. Then I used the word "also", which was changed to "silo". Really? Porcupines and silos are used more? Funny, but I am careful to proof read before sending.

Shortly after I started texting, my Mom sent me a text, letting me know she was at the grocery store and, since she was coming over, was there anything I needed. (We don't live near a grocery store) I texted back that I could use a couple pounds of lean ground beef, since it was on sale. It autocorrected to: "Grab me a couple pounds of cigarettes...they are on for $2.99/pound"...which would actually be a steal of a deal for cigarettes. She wanted to know when I took up smoking. (I am the preacher's kid, after all)

Hahahaha that's hilarious! What did your mom say?
  • Happylybre
    Happylybre Posts: 85 Member
    edited May 2015
    I wasn't suppose to eat cheetos or any crappy food ... but I had Cheetos instead of dinner 2 nights ago and now am beating myself inside the head feeling frustrated because I haven't loss more weight than I thought.... lol
    I use my filthy sweaty gym clothes for up to 2 weeks... as long as the stench is not too aggravating I don't see a reason why not re-use it.... lmao
    I purposely don't log in my food intake on the weekends because I know I TREAT --- OVER TREAT myself :smiley:
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    I had a bag of potato chips for dinner tonight. It was the best dinner, or at least the most emotionally satisfying, I have had in a long time. Once a month, I need, Need, NEED chips.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    I bought some wrapped chocolate candies at the bulk store. Can't remember the brand name, there is nothing whatsoever on the wrapper... so I'm not logging them, dammit!

Well, technically, I'd have to go back to the bulk store to get the name of them anyway. And that could be dangerous.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

Congrats!!!

CONGRATSSSSS!

• marissafit06
    Yeah, that is a nasty illness. Way earlier in the thread we were talking about serial killers and I said I knew a girl that was attacked by the local one we had. It was a savage attack and she was in the hospital for weeks and weeks, and neither of her parents visited her even once, because they were both just drunk all the time.....to make matters worse, her mother was a nasty drunk and when she was finally able to go home, her mother would get drunk and yell nasty stuff at her about hoping she caught AIDS from the rape and stuff. It was pretty tragic.....
    That's horrible! But I can totally relate.

Had something similar happen (to a much lesser degree!) when I was 16 and had to have emergency surgery... as in, saw the doctor at 4 PM and surgery booked for 11 PM that night... my parents brought me to the hospital, provided the insurance info, and left. They told the nurse to call and let them know how my surgery turned out. Their excuse was "We have to get up for work in the morning" but it was really all about not missing any drinking that evening.

I was sexually assaulted by an older male coworker when I was 17 and didn't tell my parents, for fear of hearing negative and unsupportive comments.

I would not say that my parents are uncaring...they would never make rude or hateful comments to me. But, I did learn a lot on how not to be a parent from them. I had my tonsils removed when I was six. My mom drove the 45 minutes to the hospital, stayed while they admitted me, did bloodwork, etc...then went home. She came and picked me up three days later. I do not remember a single time in my life where I was as scared as I was, waking up from that surgery and not knowing anyone.

That's worse... and I'd call that "uncaring"... or, at the very least, unempathetic. At least I was a bit older and had some comprehension of what was going on (I was still scared, though)... you were SIX!

I hope the nurses were really, really nice to make up for the lack of maternal involvement.

+1
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @HollandOats - I do tartar sauce on my fries, and that's basically just mayo with pickles and extra salt. And I use a 1:1 ratio of tartar to fry. Restaurants always look at me crazy but it's super delicious.

I much prefer tartar sauce on my fries! YUM!

I put ranch on my fries, and on pizza, cheeseburgers...never on salads. I use Italian dressing on salads, or sometimes zero dressing and just eat the vegetables.

Yessss. Ranch is the BEST. I have to be picky about where I get it from though because a lot of places throw MSG in it (Hidden Valley, Wishbone, etc...). There's a place in Northeast Ohio called Yours Truly that makes their own and it's so so good. The best/worst combo is ranch with Notso fries smoootherrreddd in cheese, bacon, and sour cream.

yours-truly-restaurant.jpg

That looks like my kind of food right there. I'm actually glad it is so far away from me haha.
  • kg666
    kg666 Posts: 15 Member
    My sister always wore trash bags....haha works great
  • marissafit06
    I'm in the middle of finals, so I'm not really reading or responding. But good luck to all! Have an awesome week.
  • marissafit06
    Also the childhood stories I did read were heartbreaking. <3